Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
eotab #1633168 06/17/19 10:10 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: eotab
I don't expect much from Hunt this season. Considering it won't start for him until we are half way into it. I expect him to be Chubbs backup to give him a blow.

If we get in the playoffs maybe we would see more from him as he should be fresh!

jmho

Really? ... i don’t see that at all ...

I see him being eased in over the first 3 or 4 games after that ... he needs to see the field ... i’d envision some sort of split in the 60/40 range with whoever has the hot hand that week getting the 60 ...

I also expect to see more two back sets than we’ve seen since the days of the FB being a fixture ... *L* ...

Over rthe last 30 years theres not a backfield that comes close to the talent we have in those two ... your turning into a pessimist at the wrong time bro ... *L* ...

He’s too good ... as is Chubb ...

L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah I see hunt contributing immediately. He's a better player than Chubb. Now not saying Chubb is a slouch as he's damn good in his own right, but Hunt is a proven dude. Chubb still has to prove himself. Hunt will be ready to go for sure. Scariest backfield I've seen in quite some time

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This is a good take, but let's say that Hunt stays out of trouble and Chubb keeps balling. Dorsey can trade one of them for assets. I don't think that will happen, but it's an option.

I find this a hard path for me to follow. Chubb is on cheap rookie deal and Hunt will be a FA after this season. For us to trade Hunt we would have to sign him to new contract first. I mean it would be near impossible to trade him before seasons end because most teams would not wish to trade for a player whose contract ends in a matter of weeks only to risk losing him if they can't work out a new deal.

I think it would be foolish to trade a young, talented RB like Chubb who is producing so well on the cheap rookie deal. That just doesn't make sense to me from a salary cap perspective.

No, to me we either sign Hunt to a new contract, rework an extension for him or he would be the odd man out. It's possible we do a sign and trade deal with Hunt but I certainly can't envision a scenario where Chubb leaves.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c

every time I see this thread title, I'm reminded of this:

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
lol grin

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
This is a good take, but let's say that Hunt stays out of trouble and Chubb keeps balling. Dorsey can trade one of them for assets. I don't think that will happen, but it's an option.

I find this a hard path for me to follow. Chubb is on cheap rookie deal and Hunt will be a FA after this season. For us to trade Hunt we would have to sign him to new contract first. I mean it would be near impossible to trade him before seasons end because most teams would not wish to trade for a player whose contract ends in a matter of weeks only to risk losing him if they can't work out a new deal.

I think it would be foolish to trade a young, talented RB like Chubb who is producing so well on the cheap rookie deal. That just doesn't make sense to me from a salary cap perspective.

No, to me we either sign Hunt to a new contract, rework an extension for him or he would be the odd man out. It's possible we do a sign and trade deal with Hunt but I certainly can't envision a scenario where Chubb leaves.

Agree about Chubb. Hunt's situation is a little more complicated as players need four accrued seasons to qualify for unrestricted free agency. Hunt will have three after this season (and that's assuming he stays out of trouble), so he'll be a restricted free agent.

This explains it more: https://operations.nfl.com/updates/football-ops/2019-nfl-free-agency-faq/

Quote:
Q. What are the right of first refusal/qualifying offer amounts for players who have completed three accrued seasons?

A. For right of first refusal only, a one-year salary of at least $2,025,000.
For right of first refusal and compensation at the player’s original draft round, a one-year salary of at least $2,025,000 or 110 percent of the 2018 Paragraph 5 salary, whichever is greater.

For right of first refusal and compensation of one second-round draft selection, a one-year salary of at least $3,095,000 or 110 percent of the 2018 Paragraph 5 salary, whichever is greater.

For right of first refusal and compensation of one first-round draft selection, a one-year salary of at least $4,407,000 or 110 percent of the 2018 Paragraph 5 salary, whichever is greater.

For right of first refusal and compensation of only one first-round draft selection, but any provision in the new club’s offer sheet waiving or limiting the new club’s ability to designate the player as a franchise or transition player is not a principal term and need not be matched by the prior club, a one-year salary of at least $4,907,000 or 110 percent of the 2018 Paragraph 5 salary, whichever is greater.

Haus #1633248 06/17/19 12:14 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I find this all very confusing. He was drafted in 2017. That would make this his third season. I thought drafted rookies were signed to four year contracts. So how is it he even qualifies for the status of RFA after only three seasons?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
His rookie contract was voided when the chefs cut him .... we signed him to a 1 year deal .... so he’s going to be a FA after the season due to the fact his contract will have expired .... the fact he’s only going to have 2 or 3 seasons of accrued service after this year is why he is a RFA ... and the reason we hold all the cards and will either get him or a nice chunk in exchange .....

Being on his rookie contract has nothing to do with what level of FA he qualifies for ... that totally depends on years of accrued service ....

And if we do decide to part with Hunt or Chubb after this year may be another reason we’re holding onto Duke .... we’ll know more soon and this will all be over when TC breaks at the latest .... well til week 9 when Hunt can play ... *L* ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for the explanation.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I just want to be clear because I think there is some confusion. I am not saying we will trade either guy. I am not saying that we should trade either guy. I am just saying it would be an option.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I just want to be clear because I think there is some confusion. I am not saying we will trade either guy. I am not saying that we should trade either guy. I am just saying it would be an option.

Another possibility would be to get a draft pick through the restricted free agency system.

So as one possibility, say he has a big finish to the year, and we tender him at the second round level. This would mean he would be tendered a contract for about $3 million for 2020. Teams would be able to offer Hunt a contract.

The Browns could then either match the contract, or let him go to the other team, but they'd have to give up a second rounder.

The Browns are in a good position. It's almost like having Hunt under a rookie contract in some respects, though also a bit different.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
Originally Posted By: eotab
I don't expect much from Hunt this season. Considering it won't start for him until we are half way into it. I expect him to be Chubbs backup to give him a blow.

If we get in the playoffs maybe we would see more from him as he should be fresh!

jmho

Really? ... i don’t see that at all ...

I see him being eased in over the first 3 or 4 games after that ... he needs to see the field ... i’d envision some sort of split in the 60/40 range with whoever has the hot hand that week getting the 60 ...

I also expect to see more two back sets than we’ve seen since the days of the FB being a fixture ... *L* ...

Over rthe last 30 years theres not a backfield that comes close to the talent we have in those two ... your turning into a pessimist at the wrong time bro ... *L* ...

He’s too good ... as is Chubb ...

3,4 game ease him in...the season is almost over. I stated Playoffs will be a different story.

Also we don't know if Duke is traded by game 8 or not that will play a big part in that role. If we keep Duke I don't think we will see too much of Hunt.

Hard to tell of course. His work in Training camp will be important. I hate the fact that once the season starts he will not be in contact with us...Unless we got special permission to keep him in practices???

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Rumors going around that Hunt was in a fight outside a Cleveland bar last night. Have no idea to the truth, really nothing substantial reported yet.

https://dailysnark.com/report-browns-rb-...T8RUIpwv_LcT6pM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/c7rcbc/kareem_hunt_involved_in_fight_outside_barley/

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1636409 07/01/19 12:18 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: FATE
Rumors going around that Hunt was in a fight outside a Cleveland bar last night. Have no idea to the truth, really nothing substantial reported yet.

https://dailysnark.com/report-browns-rb-...T8RUIpwv_LcT6pM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Browns/comments/c7rcbc/kareem_hunt_involved_in_fight_outside_barley/

Nothing but unsubstantiated rumors with zero legitmate sources at this point. Hopefully it ends right there.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Nothing but unsubstantiated rumors with zero legitmate sources at this point. Hopefully it ends right there.

I doubt it.

If this is the case, this will basically mean that it's time to mend all fences with the Duke. We both need each other. And he needs to know, that he just isn't going anywhere

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Update:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
KAREEM HUNT
VIDEO WITH COPS
After 'Small Argument' With Friend

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/01/kareem-hunt-police-officers-video-cleveland/

TMZ Sports has obtained video of NFL star Kareem Hunt talking with several police officers this weekend in Cleveland after a night of partying after an alleged "small argument" with a friend.

Here's what we know so far ... the Cleveland Browns running back went to the Barley House party spot on Saturday night with a bunch of friends and stayed late into the evening.

Right after he left, SOMETHING happened -- and several cops went over to speak with the 23-year-old. He wasn't arrested. Wasn't detained. He left without incident.

But, a witness tells TMZ Sports ... Hunt was involved in a physical altercation with another man before the cops came over. The witness wasn't sure if it was a "real" fight or if he was just horsing around with a buddy.

At one point, one of the officers can be heard on video telling Kareem, "I saw him push you."

Barley House owner Bobby George told WKYC3 that Hunt was involved in a "small argument with one of his friends ... People blew it out of proportion."

We reached out to the Cleveland PD but despite the video, they have no record of the interaction -- "There wasn't a police report or any calls that we have located."

Either way, it's notable considering Hunt had publicly stated he was seeking help for alcohol and anger management in the wake of TMZ Sports posting video showing him in a 2018 physical altercation with a woman.

We reached out to Hunt's rep for comment -- but so far, no word back.

#gmSTRONG
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Video with police officers doesn't really tell us much. I'd rather see the video of this overblown argument with a friend.. if it exists that is.

Legend
Legend
Not good that a man undergoing help for alcohol is in a bar ......

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
This is starting to feel like JG all over again ... being at a bar at closing is a dumb ass decision for him right now ..

I bet KJ and Freddie are not happy right about now ... who cares what he did ... the fact he was there was not real smart at all ...

Come on dude .. make better decisions ... don’t throw this chance away ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was a little worried when I saw mention of the rumor on Twitter. Considering TMZ's penchant for putting things in the worst possible light, I'm a little less worried now.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What is posted above sounds like it's a 'mountain out of molehill' situation. But I agree, being at a bar at closing is not how you walk the straight and narrow path to redemption.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
This is starting to feel like JG all over again ... being at a bar at closing is a dumb ass decision for him right now ..

I bet KJ and Freddie are not happy right about now ... who cares what he did ... the fact he was there was not real smart at all ...

Come on dude .. make better decisions ... don’t throw this chance away ...

so I gather, somebody and TMz got together to give this video to tmz, probably at a financial gain for the video maker.

2. above posts say cops sait to Hunt, I saw him push you,

What this could mean is Hunt totally acted in a way to not respond and not let anything happen even though he was being provoked.

If so, it would be an example of doing the right thing, to keep from being furtur suspended anyway.

TMz's interest is to make something even if there's nothing, and whoever got paid for the video would have that interest too.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Well, this is nice. Now, we might have another idiot problem.

Don't know all the details, but it's not a good look - out at the bar, arguing with someone on the street.

He needs to stay as far away from the bars as he possibly can.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
This is starting to feel like JG all over again ...

Yep...to the point that every time there's a post in this thread we'll think, "uh-oh".

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Maybe we are the team that will need to trade for Duke Johnson.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
KH has nothing to gain, and everything to lose, by being at bars till closing.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
cfrs15 #1636525 07/01/19 10:44 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Maybe we are the team that will need to trade for Duke Johnson.

LOL

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946

Well .. The girls always look better at closing time ... naughtydevil

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
L
Legend
Legend
L
Dorsey said 'zero tolerance' when he signed a guy who was one step away from being spiritbro's next meathead. Lol

Zero tolerance can be bent anyhow you like, I suppose.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Well .. The girls always look better at closing time ... naughtydevil

Well... they look better just before closing time. At real closing time, the lights come up.

Run.
Quick.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BuckDawg1946

I would just like to point out that we don't know what time this happened. Everybody is assuming it was at closing time but the article doesn't say that. It may in fact have been after 2 am, or it could have been 1 am, midnight, 11 PM or even 10 PM. The article says they stayed till late in the evening, not early in the morning.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1636566 07/02/19 07:25 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Sometimes, the lack of reading comprehension on here amazes me. In addition to the time not being verified, Hunt was not charged and the police don't even have a record of it. That tells me that no one called the police and the cops didn't even bother to call it in. There is one witness who isn't sure what he saw. The owner of the bar said it was no big deal. Yet, some are acting like he should be cut because of of the "zero tolerance" statement. crazy

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sometimes, the lack of reading comprehension on here amazes me. In addition to the time not being verified, Hunt was not charged and the police don't even have a record of it. That tells me that no one called the police and the cops didn't even bother to call it in. There is one witness who isn't sure what he saw. The owner of the bar said it was no big deal. Yet, some are acting like he should be cut because of of the "zero tolerance" statement. crazy

I'm happy nothing did happen. Clearly he needs to look into who he's hanging out with if he's getting into an argument that could alter his career at a bar. Probably should think about whether or not hanging out in bars makes much sense at all.

Either way, with the scrutiny this guy is under, i'd like to keep Duke Johnson for the full season. Call it PTSD from the Josh Gordon days, when we'd leave ourselves counting on Josh and end up screwed

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree that he might want to find a different group of friends [I said that right after we signed him] and that he should stay out of bars.

A lot of people go to bars and many get into drunken confrontations w/other drunk folks. Trouble is that Hunt's case landed him in big trouble. Once something bad happens, it's time to make a change in your life style.

I was just commenting that I don't think this latest "incident" warranted cutting him.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
OMG He got in a 'argument' w/ a friend!

BAN HIM FOR LIFE!!! LOL!

GMdawg #1636579 07/02/19 08:20 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Same BS ya’all said when JG just went to grab a bite to eat at a popular night spot ...

This may turn out to be no biggie but it was still an inmature dumb ass decision that leads me to question how serious he really is ...

He made a BAD DECISION the only thing the time stamps changes is just HOW DUMB a decision he made ....

Just like with bake (not u) and obj ... some on this board think they can do no wrong ... shocker .. cause there perfect .. rolleyes

Good luck Mr. Hunt ... your getting another chance ... don’t blow it!

Legend
Legend
Big deal or not, he has to understand that as a professional athlete, his actions are watched closely... with his history even more closely.

I don't think anyone should be walking on pins and needles everyday, but dang.. being at a club to me just doesn't make sense. Literally ANYTHING could happen. THere are some ignorant people out there who may want to start drama just because.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Hunt The Player

Link Copied to Clipboard