Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Cincy_Dawg
OMG He got in a 'argument' w/ a friend!

BAN HIM FOR LIFE!!! LOL!

I'm of the opinion, nobody has the right to tell him not to go to a bar, as long as he's behaving himself;

caveat: unless he were on parole or something, I don't know the situation.

And nobody has the right to tell him to get new friends, (one of which may have acted in a bad light or instant lapse of judgement)

As long as people are behaving themselves, there is no right to tell someone to get different friends, who knows how long they've been friends,

And if the real culprit turns out to be Tmz, and some ambulance chasing camera holder
then there ain't nobody who would be safe if they were famous, not even people on this board's actions, if this is all they got

NOTHING HAPPENED! Nothing has been shown to have happened yet!

E
Legend
Legend
E
We also know that there is a video and the Police interviewing Hunt, I'm just guessing but he was not drunk which means he kept his discipline in the worst environment and did not get drunk. Then he restrained himself after being pushed to not fight back...on top of it, it was with a friend pushing him.

A lot to do about nothing. Yep, I would like the kid to stay home and play video games. But he's still very young and its his vacation time.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. I just had the thought. Glad it wasn't the starting QB, the back and forth on this board would be unreadable.

Moving on.

eotab #1636600 07/02/19 09:59 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Yup ... the only alternative to staying home during vacation is going to clubs ... dang, i just wish there were other alternatives ... poor kid ... rolleyes ...

E
Legend
Legend
E
1. You have to look at the environment he was brought up in. Clubbing is the thing to do. I don't think he will be going to midnight bowling or something of that nature. He ain't from the Burbs...life is different than you and I know and relate to.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1636610 07/02/19 10:18 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
What does whee u grew up have to do with not putting your hand back over the flame bro? ...

EXCUSES for a bad decision ....

Hopefully he learns from it and understand he should not be putting himself in that situation ... just look at what u wrote ... regardless of his intentions or weather he was drinking or not u have no clue what will happen ... so many things out of your control in that environment ...

I’m sure KJ and Freddie have told him that ...

PS. I never bowled much ... *L* ...

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
jc

I wonder if this is a case of trying to find a leak from inside the organization. The original rumors were much different (there was a victim who suffered injuries and was willing to press charges) than what actually came out (no victim, pushing with friends at the worst, no police record and owner of the bar basically said it was much ado about nothing).

Did someone in the front office spread around a false story about Hunt being in big trouble to see what would come out on social media or wherever rumors first broke?

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
Big deal or not, he has to understand that as a professional athlete, his actions are watched closely... with his history even more closely.

I don't think anyone should be walking on pins and needles everyday, but dang.. being at a club to me just doesn't make sense. Literally ANYTHING could happen. THere are some ignorant people out there who may want to start drama just because.

Kinda makes you wish for the days when Mickey ( Mantle ) and Whitey ( Ford ) could sit in a bar in any American League City, get drunk, have an all-nighter, and no one cared.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
P
Legend
Legend
P
You don't need to have "an excuse" for going out and having a few beers. And so far, nobody knows if that's not all that he did.

I thought this was a football board and not a meeting of the church choir.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Who said anything about needing an excuse about going out for a few beers .... i thought u weren’t device and didn’t twist words ... touché .... nice job ... rolleyes ...

I could care less if he had ANY BEERS ... not the point ... i’ve made that perfectly clear ... its called NOT PUTTING YOURSELF IN HARMS WAY .... a concept i’m Guessing u learned later in life than some ... *L* ...

I could care less if u disagree with me ... hell i expect it .. *L* ... what i don’t expect for u to pull device like crap and put words in my mouth ...

Thats not u bro ...

thumbsdown to u going there in that post ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

EXCUSES for a bad decision ....

I never considered going out to a bar or club a bad decision. And much like Hunt, if something broke out I never allowed myself to get involved to the point of being detained or arrested.

I actually consider that a good decision.

Mountain meet mole hill.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
How many times u beat a women after drinking?

How many times u have a shot at making millions playing a game u love and having using up all your rope? ...

I’m done here bro .. carry on with your nonsense with someone that will take the bait ...

I said its NOT A BIG DEAL at this point but was a bad decision ... go tell device i said hi ...

FOCUS on the results only Pit ... just like u did with JG .... i choose to be the kettle this time ... *L* ...

Later bro ... enjoy your 4th ... thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm just showing what you posted. First you said....
Quote:
EXCUSES for a bad decision

I brought up that you didn't need an excuse then you said that you never said that.

Sounds like you just don't want to discuss the fact that you said exactly what I claimed you said.

And I did focus on the results. He was neither detained nor arrested. From what is reported that the cop said, somebody pushed him.

It seems he handled himself very well. I know you don't like being challenged, but I don't see one thing wrong that he did.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Not good that a man undergoing help for alcohol is in a bar ......

There it is in a nutshell... He says he's a new man,..,. well, stuff like this makes me wonder.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Where would you go in Cleveland to get a "nice" meal that didn't serve alcohol?

Being in a "bar" really doesn't tell me a whole lot. If he's getting sloppy drunk, that's one thing. If he's just eating some wings and hanging out with some friends, it's another.

He's a "public figure." The cops (or anyone) stopping to talk to him isn't really surprising or indicative of anything untoward.

That shoddily-shot clip could be interpreted a lot of ways without more context. The officers appear rather relaxed. They could be talking about the upcoming season for all we know.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Here is what I see and know...its not that he went clubbing. From what I can gather he was not drunk probably having fun, dancing with a club soda - The police report would have recorded that he was drunk but he was not.

Its not that he went clubbing. The #1 negative and danger to this kid now is his Homies...the kids he grew up with they are the danger. Regardless if he went clubbing or meeting up in a casual setting with his friends. They are the danger to him and its a tough thing cause that is where and who he grew up with. He has to start hanging with teammates and get a new circle of friends. Until then he will always be in danger that is the reality of this all.

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

eotab #1636864 07/03/19 09:51 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
He was at a club dude ... don't tell me he didn't go clubbing when he was at a club ...

Bro .. when u have to reach this far that might be a sign to give it up ... you just told me he didn’t go clubbing when he was at a club ... rofl ...

V
Legend
Legend
V
Barley House is a place that serves food and drinks. People go there to eat and drink. It's not the kind of "club" I used to go to back in the day.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Barley House is a place that serves food and drinks. People go there to eat and drink. It's not the kind of "club" I used to go to back in the day.

By Diam’s definition TGIFriday’s, and Outback Steakhouse are clubs as they serve beers. tongue

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Barley House is NOT a club. You don't go "clubbing" at that place.

Also, Barley House is NOT simply a restaurant like Buffalo Wild Wings where people drink a few with their wings.

It's in-between. It's a bar in the sense that people go there to get drunk and hang out late night moreso than to eat food with friends. It's in the heart of the Warehouse District that is a very social area in Downtown Cleveland. There are clubs around the area but it is not a club in the general sense people know one as.

That is all.

Tackles are tackles.
T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. I tell ya one thing.

Dorsey and Freddie could sure bring everyone, or individual together and use this as an example, of what kind of microscope players are under,

" See, He didn't even do anything, and look what kind of coverage this has Blown UP into!"
All the more reason to think twice where what kind of situation you end up in, when you go out.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Good point LONG, and there have been many of those examples this offseason... for Duke, for Baker, for OBJ, etc. It is a microscope.

As far as Hunt goes, it troubles me that "arm-chair QBs" (myself included) think they have some be-all, end-all solutions to everyone's problems. As if there is some finite, measurable cure for something we really know nothing about. We judge Hunt based on two incidents and a troubled youth.

Many people act as if, because there has been alcohol involved, dude should never have another drink, or some such nonsense. I think, in a sense, we're shell-shocked from the Josh Gordon battles. Most people who drink have done some pretty stupid things along their journeys - I know I have. I know I've been on the verge of having a "drinking problem" before as well. That does not mean I'm an alcoholic or that I should never have another drink. I means that I must understand my priorities and limitations. Not that hard (for most) to learn, understand, and steer clear of future indiscretions.

It's a good thing most of us mere mortals aren't judged under the same microscope.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1636919 07/03/19 12:03 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
The funny part is, nobody even knows if he had a drink.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Not funny at all since so many folks around here just like to jump to their own conclusions without any facts. notallthere

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1636924 07/03/19 12:09 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I meant odd funny, not ha ha funny. ie.... peculiar

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I know bro. I just wanted to get in a little dig for the story tellers on the board. You know the ones who should start their posts with "Once upon a time" naughtydevil

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You don't need to have "an excuse" for going out and having a few beers. And so far, nobody knows if that's not all that he did.

I thought this was a football board and not a meeting of the church choir.

I've known some pretty wild church choir members, lol.

I'll be interested to see if the team will have any response to this publicly. That's my "football" angle on the incident.

P
Legend
Legend
P
First there actually has to be an "incident".

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
TripAdvisor states Barley House more bar than restaurant, it also caters to "celb players" forcing regular folks to move or leave, great place...NOT. JMHO, any player in Hunt's situation shouldn't be out on Sat night at bar. ONE Long Island Ice Tea, made the typical way....The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), which conducts the annual National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), defines binge drinking as 5 or more alcoholic drinks for males or 4 or more alcoholic drinks for females on the same occasion (i.e., at the same time or within a couple of hours of each other) on at least 1 day in the past month. Makes you a binge drinker and alcoholic.... millions of alcoholics don't believe they have a drinking problem. Hope Hunt controls himself for good of himself and Browns......GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
hitt #1637198 07/04/19 02:57 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

#gmstrong
hitt #1637204 07/04/19 03:27 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't want to make light of anyone's battles with their own demons - be they drugs or booze or whatever. Wish them all success in getting to grips with their issues, Hunt included. I still wish Gordon the best in getting his life together ...

That said - if you can all cast your mind back to when Crocodile Dundee uttered the immortal words "That's not a knife - THIS is a knife" ? The definition of binge drinking being 5 drinks on one occasion had me imagining this particular Aussie saying "That's not binge drinking" ....

https://www.cricketcountry.com/articles/david-boon-downs-52-cans-of-beer-on-a-single-flight-307274

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #1637220 07/04/19 05:25 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I don't want to make light of anyone's battles with their own demons - be they drugs or booze or whatever. Wish them all success in getting to grips with their issues, Hunt included. I still wish Gordon the best in getting his life together ...

That said - if you can all cast your mind back to when Crocodile Dundee uttered the immortal words "That's not a knife - THIS is a knife" ? The definition of binge drinking being 5 drinks on one occasion had me imagining this particular Aussie saying "That's not binge drinking" ....

https://www.cricketcountry.com/articles/david-boon-downs-52-cans-of-beer-on-a-single-flight-307274
One lesson from my youth; never, ever challenge (or accept a challenge from) an Aussie to a drinking contest.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
L
Legend
Legend
L
Or a Canadian.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
hitt #1637241 07/04/19 08:25 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: hitt
TripAdvisor states Barley House more bar than restaurant, it also caters to "celb players" forcing regular folks to move or leave, great place...NOT. JMHO, any player in Hunt's situation shouldn't be out on Sat night at bar. ONE Long Island Ice Tea, made the typical way....The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), which conducts the annual National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), defines binge drinking as 5 or more alcoholic drinks for males or 4 or more alcoholic drinks for females on the same occasion (i.e., at the same time or within a couple of hours of each other) on at least 1 day in the past month. Makes you a binge drinker and alcoholic.... millions of alcoholics don't believe they have a drinking problem. Hope Hunt controls himself for good of himself and Browns......GO Browns!!!!

Good grief!

[Linked Image]

hitt #1637243 07/04/19 08:33 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), which conducts the annual National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), defines binge drinking as 5 or more alcoholic drinks for males or 4 or more alcoholic drinks for females on the same occasion...

Does that include the warmups? cool

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Lol, I hear ya.
I always thought the term binge-drinking was a three, four-day thing.

gmstrong

-----------------

L
Legend
Legend
L
Kids these days don't know jack.

gmstrong

-----------------

mgh888 #1637259 07/04/19 10:17 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
He's probably not an alcoholic in his eyes, this ain't the forum to discuss this, just don't like a Browns player who is supposedly reformed and on thin ice out at bar Saturday night...lot more useful things to do.....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I’ll say it, this has to be a red flag.

Kareem is making his amends. By all accounts, he is following the path to redemption. The problem is, you are only as strong as your weakest boy, some cat at the bar.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
mgh888 #1637282 07/05/19 06:50 AM
Legend
Legend
52 cans of beer...... DAMN ROOKIES

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Hunt The Player

Link Copied to Clipboard