Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
Joe Thomas is skinny.

He's not skinny. The dude is ripped. He still weighs like 275 pounds.

Legend
Legend
That was fun to watch..,

The trouble with having a guy like Baker Mayfield is that he makes all other QB's on the team look bad.. And they really aren't. What they are doing is playing with the 2's and 3's. (not really, just having some fun)

DSG looked incredible...That's such a great story. I really hope this kid gets a fair shot

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Joe Thomas is skinny.

Off topic, but a poster (whose name I cannot remember) said that he no longer lives in Cleveland. I'm pretty sure he still does. There are so many things Joe posts on twitter in and around Cleveland that there is no way he is flying in just to do those things. I mean he posted a video in the Flats watching a barge navigate the Cuyahoga River on a Monday. A MONDAY!

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Joe Thomas is skinny.

Off topic, but a poster (whose name I cannot remember) said that he no longer lives in Cleveland. I'm pretty sure he still does. There are so many things Joe posts on twitter in and around Cleveland that there is no way he is flying in just to do those things. I mean he posted a video in the Flats watching a barge navigate the Cuyahoga River on a Monday. A MONDAY!

I'm pretty sure he lives in Wisconsin but is in Cleveland often. He has been in Cleveland all the this week for the Washington game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yeah I think Joe is back and forth between both places

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Ok. I stand corrected. It's just that he posts things being in Cleveland all the time.

He is a regular on Cleveland Browns Daily too. He might as well host the damn thing.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Haskins had some real nice throws ...

Did he only start one year at OSU?

E
Legend
Legend
E
-Bar stories with Eve-

I went to the bar today to watch the Game.

I didnt get to watch it much, because a really nice friendly hot young man chat my ear for 2 hours. He was fun. I hope I run into him again.

What I did see of it.... Our backup QBs dont look like hot garbage. They look servicable. Which was a concern for me. Good.

Also, Baker, please shave that thing off your face. Please and Thank You.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Callaway got robbed of a TD.

Yes, one knee = two feet.

[Linked Image]

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
-Bar stories with Eve-

I went to the bar today to watch the Game.

I didnt get to watch it much, because a really nice friendly hot young man chat my ear for 2 hours. He was fun. I hope I run into him again.

What I did see of it.... Our backup QBs dont look like hot garbage. They look servicable. Which was a concern for me. Good.

As long as you caught the first series with the ones (and maybe a couple great catches and a run-back later), a possible assignation with a healthy young person is probably a good diversion to get through the preseason.

I assume he had no mustache.

Btw - Stanton looking serviceable sounds a little like a happy hour outlook.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

When asked about his newest facial hair choices, Mysterious Mustache Baker said:

“Maybe you’ll find out [why I grew the mustache]. Maybe you won’t. I don’t know. That’s the elegance of having a mustache. You just don’t know what’s gonna happen. … It’s like the QB RV — you guys just don’t know.”

The QB RV is exactly what it sounds like — an RV for just the Browns quarterbacks — although offensive linemen reportedly have VIP access and any offensive player is allowed to stop by too. But the media, including HBO’s Hard Knocks cameras, are not invited.

Mysterious Mustache Baker also confirmed that his new look will not lead to him moonlighting in any presumably adult films. Which is good because between his arm and his mustache, he’s got a lot going on already.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/08/baker-mayfield-mustache-mystery-browns-training-camp-nfl

Dave #1648197 08/09/19 07:56 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
I think he lost a bet.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Or his wife has a Burt Reynolds fetish.

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
He just needs to not trim it so high - more Fu-Chu and less Adolf would look better.

Legend
Legend

Just a few notes. After the first series it makes you wonder what we have when all the starters can go all game.

Garrett looked dominate. Washington is in big trouble without Williams.

Hilliard caught the ball well. However, as a runner and blocker he is a work in progress.

OL played well. Actually thought Corbett did ok at center. Kush is taking over at RG.

Mack and Taki look like players.

Sheehy a true feel good story.

Like to compliment Freddie. The team plays hard and with purpose. The players know what he wants from them. Execute what we have coached.

So far mostly good news.

D
Legend
Legend
D
What did u think of Kush’s play? ... he was in for awhile ... please elaborate on what u saw ...

One thing I LOVED was Freddie putting the O in the two minute drill .. he coaches like the Tuna in that regard ... he puts pressure on them now so they should handle it better on sundays ... and a monday and Thursday ... *L* ...

Dave #1648226 08/09/19 08:41 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I posted earlier because I saw three drives due to the weather delay in the Jets/Giants game last night. I'll reiterate a bit and offer some observations of some other guys.

--Baker was awesome. Decisive. Checked-down when needed. Accurate. I loved how he was leading the cheers for the team a good part of the night. [Note: I said that earlier, but I feel I have to repeat it because people get very sensitive about him.]

Okay.............new stuff:

--Mack Wilson is a superior athlete. Dude jumps off the screen. Great range. Great hands. Speed. He looked great in coverage and rushed the passer well. Runs guys down in the running game, but lacks bulk/strength at the point of attack in the running game. I really like this guy.

--Not as impressed by Taki as some.

--Not sure who this Burris guys is. His number is 31. He flashed on the screen for me. Very decisive and goes from A to B very quickly.

--Whitehead, the Safety, looked pretty good. He's got a nose for the ball.

--Kush did a very good job in pass pro.

--DJ Montgomery impressed me w/that highpoint catch down the sideline.

--Hyman looked good and then he fumbled. Tough break.

--Higgins shined. I think ed and I were the only two guys that wanted the Browns to draft him. Glad we did.

--Strong looked good, too.

--Not impressed by the backup RBs. The one dude from Miami looked okay, but he runs too upright.

--Our DL has a lot of talent.

--My favorite moment was the punt return by Sheely-Guisepi [sorry if I butchered the spelling] Dude is certainly fast, but the best part was the reaction of almost the entire team. The one dude accidentally clothes-lined him and I think he was really hurting from that. But, what a great moment. Those guys are rooting for him. And I think it's events like that that can really bring a team together. He probably won't make the team............but, what a great moment.

--

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
--My favorite moment was the punt return by Sheely-Guisepi [sorry if I butchered the spelling] Dude is certainly fast, but the best part was the reaction of almost the entire team. The one dude accidentally clothes-lined him and I think he was really hurting from that. But, what a great moment. Those guys are rooting for him. And I think it's events like that that can really bring a team together. He probably won't make the team............but, what a great moment.

Someone at work today told me this made national news. People were loving it. I had people telling me it made them want to be Browns fans. My how times have changed. They also noticed how hyped Baker, the team's franchise QB, was for him. They thought the whole scene was just awesome.

I actually stopped watching shortly before it happened and only caught it on the replay. I regret that decision now. LOL.

V
Legend
Legend
V
One other thought for now. This one is a negative.

Man, the Brown's announcers were bad. Historically bad. They kept pontificating about their little story lines that they wanted to get in and missed calling the action. And they kept talking while the refs were announcing the call on the field. Timid doesn't have the personality for the business. Joe Thomas was a breath of fresh air. The discussion of the backup RB was a catastrophe. The Play-by-Play guy wasn't even making sense when discussing that.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Agree. They were pretty awful.

L
Legend
Legend
L
It's obvious you hate him: still can't resist the temptation to bash Couch.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend

Saw the game for the first time today.

The first time I watch a game it is more watching the ball. Skill players and more obvious stuff. Just the flow of the game.

When I watch it a second time I focus more on the minutia.

So, I saw there was time to throw. Run blocking could have been better.

hard to deep dive a first pre-season game.

The Sheehy return was special. You can tell how the team is pulling for this guy. Loved the team reaction.

I love the fire in Freddie. He wants perfection. He will not tolerate mental errors. He is letting these players know. You have to play hard and smart.

A very early concern for me with Freddie was: Is Freddie going to try and be everyone's buddy? As a position coach you don't cut guys. As a coordinator your job is different than head coach. Head coach you have to have lead. You can not be everyone's best friend.

Freddie is going to be demanding but fair. He wants team leaders to voice their opinions. At the same time we are starting to see a guy who is in charge.

So far from OTA's to today Freddie has been impressive.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
It's obvious you hate him: still can't resist the temptation to bash Couch.

You have it mixed up.

I dislike Baker--the person. However, I think he has played well and I have hope for him as a franchise qb.

I think Timid is a nice enough guy, but I just thought he sucked as a player.

smile

Legend
Legend

Wanted to add one more thing.

A few weeks ago I saw an interview with Odell and Jarvis.

They were asked about unknown players who had stood out so far. Their response was Mack Wilson.

He reacts well to all the plays. The int's jump out but he reacts well from space to the ball. He made some nice tackles.

It all leaves you with wanting more. As pre-season moves along will keep seeing more pieces.

But just the thoughts of a full real game with the starters playing is sure fire exciting.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Joe Thomas is skinny.

What are you smoking? Thomas looks anorexic at best.

E
Legend
Legend
E

Anorexic: No
Ripped: Yes

No Craps Given
D
Legend
Legend
D
When u watch again if u could focus on kush’s run blocking i’d Appreciate it ...

Vers .. any thoughts on kush’s run blocking?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
JT looks great (and as an aside, so does Tim Couch)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:

Vers .. any thoughts on kush’s run blocking?

I saw that he had a nice block on the Chubb's long run, but I didn't see much else. I just noticed that he did a very good job in pass pro.

He probably did not excel in run blocking because there were not many holes for the RBs no matter which guys were on the OL.

Legend
Legend
Wilson was impressive. Has more range and cover skill than I gave him credit for. Really want to see more of his game. He seemed to have the right moves on reading and reacting. An exciting, punishing group of LBs would be welcome! And we don't need to worry about TakiT taking plays off.

Just refreshing to see this much good and Bernie AND JT! Almost more than this man can stand (but I am willing to risk it! .!).

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
Focus next time bro ... *L* ...

Thanks for responding ... thumbsup

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Bernie has lost a lot of weight and has really appeared much more svelt the past few months. Props to him (and I hope it was done through exercise and not being sick)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Anorexic: No
Ripped: Yes

Put up all the pics you want BUT...

He looked very frail on the TV broadcast.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Joe Thomas is skinny.

There was a comment after a Joe Thomas segment during the game, the announcer said he wasn't sure which was thinner, Joe Thomas or Bernie Kosar...

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
V
Legend
Legend
V
Frail?

E
Legend
Legend
E
If that's frail, I need to get me a frail man.

No Craps Given
S
Legend
Legend
S
Did not see the entire game..

How nice is it to go into the preseason with no stupid qb controversey or audition or any of that. Even though we have a new coach, I think it's not exactly a new system since Freddie was around last year. It's a nice feeling to just not have to worry about it.

I think one series, especially with how good it was, is enough for Baker. I'm sure he will play more as the preseason moves along, but the sooner you get him outta there, the better.

This team has a lot of good young talent. I think this is gonna be a fun year.

Still some things to clean up, and I'm sure we'll have some bad moments in these new few games, but i can't wait until this thing gets going for real

C
Legend
Legend
C

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Which is even more impressive lol ...

But I liked that Baker took what was there. To me, teams are gonna double OBJ and it’s gonna leave TONS of mismatches elsewhere (especially on the RBs)

Take it all day

Legend
Legend
"We're going to play 2 minute drill, but without Landry or OBJ, so we're going to start our 3rd string receiver, and some guys buried on the depth chart. You guys try to stop us. OK?" crazy wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 30 Redskins 10 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard