Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
our defense played their asses off.

stopped the run. got 3 turnovers. they went out there and fought.

our highly paid WR duo combined for NINE FREAKING CATCHES, at no fault of their own.

Baker was bailing out of clean pockets. he straight up ran into a sack by clay matthews. he held the ball forever, and constantly rolled to his right.

i dont want to hear crap about our OL. they consistently gave baker time to throw the entire night. they opened good holes for Chubb, who had a good game.

i understand this is game 3. but lets be clear here: the ONLY reason this game was close was because of our defense. our offense completely stunk it up, and that absolutely starts with baker mayfield.

I think it starts with the offensive system. This is NOTHING like the offense we ran last year. Baker was under center like 5 times all night. You CAN'T consistently run from the shotgun. The back has to stand there with his thumb up his kooloo waiting for the ball. Every run is a draw from the shotgun. Get Baker up under center and start running the damn football. That opens the playaction up. Get Chubb going and everything will come together. Ask Baker to throw the ball almost every down and you get what we had tonight. We have Chubb why not USE him? If we aren't going to then trade him.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
We can beat Baltimore.

not with this offense.

We may be a team that plays better on the road.

even if thats true, thats sad.

It is only 3 games, so it is early. There is time to get it fixed.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
The combination of bad playcalling (same old deep routes when a completion and moving the sticks will work) and Baker bailing out of clean pockets makes for an inefficient offense. The maddening part is that we know what works.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Say Freddie decided to scrap this system (just saying) how long until we can get back to where we were moving the ball downfield like last year? ...because everything offensively looks bad

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Totally disagree. Clean pockets? Are you blind? Replay the game and see the pockets Goff was throwing out of, those were clean. Baker didn't throw out of one of those all night.

You are parroting the poor commentary of the announcers. Did he run out of avalanching pockets before the snow hit? Yes, as well he should.

The real problem is Freddy Kitchens is completely in over his head. 1 and Goal from the 5. First play empty set, stupid! Defense response: Sell out rush, no chance for a run.

4 plays run it, gain 1.5 yards.

Fire Freddy!

Legend
Legend
i agree. the shotgun stuff is bothering me. i get that a lot of teams is running shotgun more, but we are running it almost exclusively.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
From deep in our own end on third down, a camera angle showed us running three guys deep, not even looking back.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Aaron Donald was on our side of the LOS, in our lineman's heads and in our QB's head all night. He was like the boogeyman, a one man wrecking machine.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
We don’t have a qb yet. The one from last year feels like forever ago. People blaming the oline are foolish. Baker is the issue. The last play

[img:right]https://ibb.co/gtCMWNc[/img]

Yeah, it's ALL Baker's fault. The offense is PERFECT as is. Shotgun every down, throwing the ball 50 times a game. Fine, if the offense is great as is, then trade Chubb. Not like we need him in this offense.

The Air-raid SUCKS. Period. It's a college offense.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I just hope dorsey doesn’t waste too much time waiting for kitchens to figure out when it appears he won’t. This is a desirable gig now . Well it was before mayfield turned into spergyon Wynn. So have to figure out if it’s baker or Freddy the issue. Prob a bit of both. Neither look like they should be at this leve

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think Baker is playing hurt. He was/is too good to be this bad. His accuracy is off which is one of his strongest qualities, but he left that first game with his wrist wrapped and we never heard squat about that. Been off a bit on throws since just after that first drive in that game.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Listening to the post game press conference, on the 4th and 9, it was a bad call.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Originally Posted By: Jester
Why are we running plays from the shotgun with an empty backfield on 1st and goal from the 5?

That is a great question. Horrible play calling.

you are right, but also why earlier are we running the ball on 4 and 9 around midfield?

i wouldnt run that play if my RB was jim brown.

and why not throw to our 2 best receivers on that series on the goal line AT LEAST ONCE??

To me all this goes mainly to play-calling. I like freddie, he is a good coach - but i have seen this before in the NFL, new coaches who call plays get caught up in "outsmarting" the other other Coach, rather than going with the team's strengths.

[Linked Image from dcptest.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
i agree. the shotgun stuff is bothering me. i get that a lot of teams is running shotgun more, but we are running it almost exclusively.

I think it was about 5 snaps under center tonight.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Tough loss. D was outstanding. Baker was better other than scrambling out of clean pockets. Play calling... that was ok at times and darn right moronic at others. Freddie needs to keep improving. Eliminate the stupid stuff ... 1st and goal and empty backfields with no extra TEs blocking. Good grief. 4th an 9 and a draw play... no challenge to offset the penalty on 2nd and 9.

Big test next week. I think we are going to win.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
Defense played pretty darn well. Only thing that frustrated me were the lack of containment on all the many bootlegs Goff ran. DEs continued to follow the crowd, as opposed to holding their position.

Offensively.... Freddie, ol' dear Freddie. I'm scratching my head on a lot of calls tonight. 3 games in, and I'm officially worried. Did well in getting Chubb involved. But the 4th and 9 draw.. the must convert 3rd down and we run verts on all WRs (no one stops at the 1st down marker???).. and the empty backfield inside the 5 with 3 TO's... No designed play to OBJ? No jet sweep to catch defense off guard? #cmonson

Baker is holding the ball too long as well. He had magic feet last season. Would step up in the pocket to avoid pressure. Now he just scrambles right. Frustrating.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
We don’t have a qb yet. The one from last year feels like forever ago. People blaming the oline are foolish. Baker is the issue. The last play

Yeah, it's ALL Baker's fault. The offense is PERFECT as is. Shotgun every down, throwing the ball 50 times a game. Fine, if the offense is great as is, then trade Chubb. Not like we need him in this offense.

No one disputing the offense sucks, but it sucks even more when your qb isn’t capable of doing anything

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester
What happened to all the creative plays from last year?

That was Todd Haley's offense which FK modified.

This is Freddie Kitchen's Offense.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
L
Legend
Legend
L
It was a horrible call, tacking on to a bad decision to go for it in the first place.
Should have punted. FK is starting to disappoint.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend

That was while he was dropping. What happened at the back foot of his drop? The middle gets clogged, and 56 comes around the offensive left end almost unblocked, and Matthews came off the right. 99 ( I think we know who he is) also worked back to the middle.

When your left tackle is at the 18, after the play started at the 5 ..... there's a problem.

Now are you suggesting that Baker should have run the ball? That he should have not made his drop, and instead stepped forward, not allowing his receivers time to work open?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Last week in the post game press conference Kitchens and Baker said all the right things about getting it fixed. Nothing changed.

O
Legend
Legend
O
He's plenty capable, he has shown that.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We should be running the same offense we ran last year. Instead, we are running a college offense. If the NFL allowed it, Baker would be clapping his hands to start the play.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

That was while he was dropping. What happened at the back foot of his drop? The middle gets clogged, and 56 comes around the offensive left end almost unblocked, and Matthews came off the right. 99 ( I think we know who he is) also worked back to the middle.

When your left tackle is at the 18, after the play started at the 5 ..... there's a problem.

Now are you suggesting that Baker should have run the ball? That he should have not made his drop, and instead stepped forward, not allowing his receivers time to work open?

No, he immediately took off right after this

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
He's plenty capable, he has shown that.

Not this year. To the contrary. He’s been an erratic turnover machine

P
Legend
Legend
P

No one disputing the offense sucks, but it sucks even more when your qb isn’t capable of doing anything

Baker Mayfield is by far the best QB we have had since 1999 and you say he is "hot trash" do you really know dumb that makes you sound superconfused rofl

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
our defense played their asses off.

stopped the run. got 3 turnovers. they went out there and fought.

our highly paid WR duo combined for NINE FREAKING CATCHES, at no fault of their own.

Baker was bailing out of clean pockets. he straight up ran into a sack by clay matthews. he held the ball forever, and constantly rolled to his right.

i dont want to hear crap about our OL. they consistently gave baker time to throw the entire night. they opened good holes for Chubb, who had a good game.

i understand this is game 3. but lets be clear here: the ONLY reason this game was close was because of our defense. our offense completely stunk it up, and that absolutely starts with baker mayfield.

I think it starts with the offensive system. This is NOTHING like the offense we ran last year. Baker was under center like 5 times all night. You CAN'T consistently run from the shotgun. The back has to stand there with his thumb up his kooloo waiting for the ball. Every run is a draw from the shotgun. Get Baker up under center and start running the damn football. That opens the playaction up. Get Chubb going and everything will come together. Ask Baker to throw the ball almost every down and you get what we had tonight. We have Chubb why not USE him? If we aren't going to then trade him.

the offense we ran last year was Todd Haley's offense that Freddie modified. We are running Freddie's actual offense.

I would rather watch Baker draw up plays in the huddle than watch this play-calling continue.

it's terrible.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Baker is not the problem.

Legend
Legend
Because when he hit the back foot of his drop he had 56 and 52 bearing down on him, and Donald looped around to block up the middle. Maybe he could have run, but he would not have made it. There were too many men back in zone.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Baker Mayfield is by far the best QB we have had since 1999 and you say he is "hot trash" do you really know dumb that makes you sound superconfused rofl

Baker of 2018? Yes...Baker of 2019? No

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
so obj and landry are not the guys to go to on 4th down...our 3rd string te is the guy to go to on 4th and 13

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
L
Legend
Legend
L
If they are going to stay with this offense, better to let monken call the plays. Freddie is who most thought he was. A career position coach ascending with no qualifications. It’s just too much. They aren’t disciplined and playcalling has not flow or even an identity. Monken has lived and breathed this offense for 30 years

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Baker is not the problem.

He's not the whole problem.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Is this a byproduct of Freddie or Todd?
Either way, it HAS to STOP.

Originally Posted By: cfrs15

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
For what it's worth Chris Collingsworth did say at the end of the game we don't have good enough OT to run certain plays and that's why Baker had to run around so much. Let's face it, we knew our OT weren't that good and it shows.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Yeah I get you don’t understand. Not surprised. But this version of baker wouldn’t even make the the top 10

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Honestly, if this O is what we are going to get out of Kitchens I’d pull the plug at the end of the year. We need a coach who is going to run the ball protect his QB, etc. Kitchens has no clue wth is going on out there

Legend
Legend
i was hyped about FK being our HC, but skeptical about Wilks being our DC during the offseason.

now? im completely sold on Wilks being our DC, and really wondering if FK was the right HC.

yes, its true: that was Haley's offense that Kitchens was running last season.

now? its his and Monkens. and it looks completely different. and the results are completely different, and not in a good way.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Who drew up these plays? Where are the plays and designs from last year. Those were genius, these are hot garbage.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Rams 20 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard