Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: lionchamp29
so obj and landry are not the guys to go to on 4th down...our 3rd string te is the guy to go to on 4th and 13

if arguably the #1 WR in the game, and a top 15 WR in landry arent the guys to go to on the money downs, then whats the point of having them on the team?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I feel sick. So sick.

Someone say something to restore hope please.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Swish
i was hyped about FK being our HC, but skeptical about Wilks being our DC during the offseason.

now? im completely sold on Wilks being our DC, and really wondering if FK was the right HC.

yes, its true: that was Haley's offense that Kitchens was running last season.

now? its his and Monkens. and it looks completely different. and the results are completely different, and not in a good way.

And zampese’s game plans

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
A respectable loss.

This team has come a long way even with the injuries.
voice of reason.. most of the winers had us losing by 30

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
j/c

one more thing - why not challenge that interference call where he was clearly pushed out bounds? Yes you don't gain or lose that much yardage, offsetting penalties would let you keep your down! We could have used that down.

Its not like we didn't need the extra down in a tight game like this.

Last edited by dawg531; 09/22/19 11:52 PM.

[Linked Image from dcptest.com]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
We don’t have a qb yet. The one from last year feels like forever ago. People blaming the oline are foolish. Baker is the issue. The last play

[img:right]https://ibb.co/gtCMWNc[/img]

Yeah, it's ALL Baker's fault. The offense is PERFECT as is. Shotgun every down, throwing the ball 50 times a game. Fine, if the offense is great as is, then trade Chubb. Not like we need him in this offense.

The Air-raid SUCKS. Period. It's a college offense.

No one disputing the offense sucks, but it sucks even more when your qb isn’t capable of doing anything

Baker Mayfield is by far the best QB we have had since 1999 and you say he is "hot trash" do you really know dumb that makes you sound superconfused rofl

Yeah I get you don’t understand. Not surprised. But this version of baker wouldn’t even make the the top 10

tsktsk superconfused rofl

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Tough loss. D was outstanding. Baker was better other than scrambling out of clean pockets. Play calling... that was ok at times and darn right moronic at others. Freddie needs to keep improving. Eliminate the stupid stuff ... 1st and goal and empty backfields with no extra TEs blocking. Good grief. 4th an 9 and a draw play... no challenge to offset the penalty on 2nd and 9.

Big test next week. I think we are going to win.
Good points. The formations and play calling at the end was moronic. Even if they ran the ball on 1st or 2nd and goal and didn't make it time wouldn't have run out. They still had 2 timeouts left. I think with a more experienced HC we win that game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
Baker is not the problem.

the HC who wants to be an OC is the problem.
Dude needs to turn over the keys to calling plays to the Monk

I'm betting the grumbling between the HC and OC is probably accurate.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
i was hyped about FK being our HC, but skeptical about Wilks being our DC during the offseason.

now? im completely sold on Wilks being our DC, and really wondering if FK was the right HC.

yes, its true: that was Haley's offense that Kitchens was running last season.

now? its his and Monkens. and it looks completely different. and the results are completely different, and not in a good way.

so you didnt like the draw on 4th a 13 then? or the pass to number 89 instead of obj or landry?

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: dawg531
j/c

one more thing - why not challenge that interference call where he was clearly pushed out bounds? Yes you don't gain or lose that much yardage, offsetting penalties would let you keep your down! We could have used that down.

Its not like we didn't need the extra down in a tight game like this.

Cuz our coach is in over his head.

Hope he learns quick cuz he’s costing us wins.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

exactly!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: dawg531

exactly!

Or make Monken HC and put Kitchens back at OC lol

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

Where did you hear that there was grumbling between the HC and OC?

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
For what it's worth Chris Collingsworth did say at the end of the game we don't have good enough OT to run certain plays and that's why Baker had to run around so much. Let's face it, we knew our OT weren't that good and it shows.

there are stats disproving this. our OL are better that we are lead to believe. our play calling is terrible and baker is holdin the ball. 2 things that will make your OL look horrid.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D

agree 100%

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Rookie head coach calling plays doesn't usually work out too well. Not a lot of kidding around and laughing it up and funny sound bites between Freddie and Baker so far this year.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
One other thing:

We should have challenged the clear pass interference on RSJ when Talib shoved him out of bounds. We would have had off setting penalties and replayed second down.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
From deep in our own end on third down, a camera angle showed us running three guys deep, not even looking back.

Honestly, this goes to show that the offensive play design (and calling) is the problem, not Baker.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/6/13/...work-things-out

Reports surface about Freddie Kitchens & Todd Monken trying to work things out

Where did you hear that there was grumbling between the HC and OC?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'll leave it here

Yes our Oline is not that of Dallas's Oline...and it has issues, however it has been decent enough when everyone's available (dont get me wrong, we can use an influx of talent as well)

Our O is handicapped-the plays are evolving way too far downfield with questionable calls being placed...Baker is not seeing the field (visually I hope that's not why hes rolling) but hes having SEVERE issues with when and where to throw the ball...is that with our system? Is that with our HC? Or is that with Baker? I have no idea...everything is predictable this year, last year it was a polar opposite...all I know for certain, is the handicapped offense needs majorly adjusted or altered now...

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
Honestly, this goes to show that the offensive play design (and calling) is the problem, not Baker.

It's both. Bailing out of clean pockets doesn't help anything.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

E
Legend
Legend
E
The offense is broken. I'm not going to blame Baker, CLEARLY something with the coaching or schemes is making him very uncomfortable. I'm not even gonna give LA credit for that because this has gone on for 3 games now, and even his body language has been bad.

Something is clearly off, and I dont think its Bakers fault. I dont know enough about Monken to comment. Or who is calling the plays. They are wasting Baker. Something stinks here...

Aside from that....

Huge props to DC Steve Wilks and the Defense! They kept us in it all night. They were huge. Wouldnt have guessed our DB starters were all out. The backups stepped up. Good job, D!

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
From deep in our own end on third down, a camera angle showed us running three guys deep, not even looking back.

That's the play I mentioned earlier in this thread.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Is this Monken's offense or Freddie's? How is Winston doing without Monken? Just curious as I haven't watched nor read anything about TB this year. But, it seems very strange that Mayfield appears so confused.

Last edited by PDXBrownsFan; 09/23/19 12:01 AM.
J
Legend
Legend
J
Baker is part of the problem, he’s not playing or reacting like he did last year. I’m hoping he settles down and gets comfortable again soon. The coaching is the biggest part of the problem. Freddie bought way too far into the hype, and did not have this team prepared to start the season. The defense is impressive. The offense, with all that hyped talent, is a disappointment so far. I have every hope that things progress, but Freddie and the coaching staff remain a big concern for me.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D

Wilks did ONE HELL OF A JOB for a DC that had half his team injured - i salute the "D" too!! They were great against a very good team,

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I thought that play may have been a decoy in sending everyone deep for something to open up, but I couldn't really see anything...but very suspect as well.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Like I said for all the people that think Baker is bailing out of the pocket. Replay Goff's pockets, they were like a womb. Baker was throwing out of a quickly closing vise.

In fact go back and watch a replay of Baltimore and KC. Mahomes is throwing out of a clean pocket 80% of the time.

You will not get great QB play without a decent oline. If you have a poor oline (pass blocking) call appropriate plays. Run and play action play, run fast RPO's.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Baker_Dawg
Like I said for all the people that think Baker is bailing out of the pocket. Replay Goff's pockets, they were like a womb. Baker was throwing out of a quickly closing vise.

In fact go back and watch a replay of Baltimore and KC. Mahomes is throwing out of a clean pocket 80% of the time.

You will not get great QB play without a decent oline. If you have a poor oline (pass blocking) call appropriate plays. Run and play action play, run fast RPO's.

This entire post is pretty much false.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Is this Monken's offense or Freddie's? How is Winston doing without Monken? Just curious as I haven't watched nor read anything about TB this year. But, it seems very strange that Mayfield appears so confused.

Winston has been the same...taking a crap load of time and forcing sacks and turnovers lol but I believe Winston was benched too in Monkens system, and Fitz shined, well for moments.

Legend
Legend

It's both. Bailing out of clean pockets doesn't help anything.

I agree to a point, but when you're only a second year QB, and you know you don't have the best tackles and RG, you're going to get happy feet. "Okay Baker, we have you pinned deep in your endzone, we need just 10 yards for a first, but we're going to run 3 WRs deep, and it should take them about 4 to 5 seconds before they even turn their heads around. Just stand in there and wait for it."

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
No your post is false, watch the tape.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Baker is holding the ball 3.07 snap to pass. 3rd highest in the league . He has a 0:3 td to not ratio and completing 55% . If you are getting over 3 seconds to throw, it’s not the oline. On the flip less than 2.5 he’s at 74% so I think it’s a mix between baker and scheme/playcalling. But if I’m the play caller I’m doing what I have to do to get the ball out with the playcalling to maximize what baker can do right now. That’s why the RPO worked. Sped up his decision making

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
CLEARLY something with the coaching or schemes is making him very uncomfortable.

But what is it? What would make him not say anything? He's not shy. Neither is OBJ.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If Freddie was running Haley's offense last year, and ditched it this year, we in BIG trouble.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
I could go all night with the stupid play calling.

Porous oline, hey lets pass out of our end zone. Lucky as hell we did not get a safety, formally or by holding.

illegal shifts penalties non-stop. Terrible coaching!

Zero sets, non-stop shotgun???

L
Legend
Legend
L
Line looks horrible

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Someone asked for help.steelers are 0/3

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Glad I didn’t see the ol high snap out of Back of end zone Jff style

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Rams 20 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard