Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Postgame thought:

The island receded toward the horizon, as a cold current slowly parted the battered survivor and the safety of dry land. Clinging desperately to the driftwood, his mind drifted back to that August, and the travel brochure that had seduced his vacation money from him.

He shook his head slowly with a sad, wry grin and said to himself: "Just my luck. I should have known..."

That's when he felt something bump his leg.

Oh man, that was great.........

Starring Tom Hanks as DiamDawg.
haha smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Please, everyone- I did not write this little vignette to poke fun at Our Boy Diam. It really was just a creative writing exercise, instead of ranting about this team's horrible play.

This goes out directly to Diam: Bud, I hope you get a chuckle from this along with me. It is not intended to poke fun at you in any way. It just popped into my head as a gallows humor joke, and I decided to share it with the kennel.

I do think we'll get there, but I was never as certain as lots of fans. Pro teams have a lot of moving parts, and a lot has to go right for it to work. I was concerned about the coaching turnover all along. Not surprised that this year has some of these features. I just expected things to start turning around right about now. Las Sun didn't fill me with a lot of hope.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Postgame thought:

The island receded toward the horizon, as a cold current slowly parted the battered survivor and the safety of dry land. Clinging desperately to the driftwood, his mind drifted back to that August, and the travel brochure that had seduced his vacation money from him.

He shook his head slowly with a sad, wry grin and said to himself: "Just my luck. I should have known..."

.... thumbsup. The promised cruise ship turned out to be a leaky garbage scow...

And that the island was located in the Bermuda Triangle ......

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Postgame thought:

.... thumbsup. The promised cruise ship turned out to be a leaky garbage scow...

and the captain was The Skipper

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Postgame thought:

...and MKC as Mary Ann. Ummm....no!

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Postgame thought:

...and MKC as Mary Ann. Ummm....no!
brownie

R
Legend
Legend
R
Hey I gave Diam Tom Hanks. That's pretty damn good.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
-Lindsay was the most dynamic player on the field....How come we can't ever have that?
WE do have that. We just don't use them correctly due to coaching and scheme.

OBJ is the most dynamic player on the field.

Chubb is probably the hardest working and consistent player on the field

Jarvis is probably the feistiest player on the field.

Myles is probably the most athletically and physically gifted player on the field.

We have HOF talent levels on this team. AT LEAST 4. We just cant use them correctly because our scheme, coaching, and discipline blow.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Shows you how much ratings matter sometimes. I saw joe miss tackles and let up big plays all day biting on play action left and right.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

I'm not going to say they are wrong but some of their biggest plays were stupid shallow crossing routes and runs right up the middle.. isn't that where Schobert is generally supposed to be?

yebat' Putin
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Im pretty sure they see he had a lot of tackles and figure "he must have played good!"

Instead of realizing that one tackle was when he bit HARD on PA, and had to drag the guy down from behind 16 yards downfield. But hey, it counts as a tackle.

C
Legend
Legend
C
That’s not how any of this works!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Im pretty sure they see he had a lot of tackles and figure "he must have played good!"

Instead of realizing that one tackle was when he bit HARD on PA, and had to drag the guy down from behind 16 yards downfield. But hey, it counts as a tackle.

I know they break it down play by play a lot more than just looking at some stats but we gave up a few big plays and most of them seemed to be in the middle of the field... like I said, I'm not going to say they were wrong but......

yebat' Putin
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I have a thought.
Having lost to Denver's Allen and will lose to Buffalo's Allen,the Browns should petition the Nfl for a schedule change.Dump one of the remaining opponents and play Carolina's Allen.
The Browns would get another well deserved,embarrassing entry into the hall of shame,having lost to 3 QBs named Allen in the same season.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Has there ever been a time when three NFL QB’s with the same last name were starting simultaneously?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

I don't remember the details, but those rankings try to take into account where he makes his plays (at/before LoS vs way behind him). I did notice Shobert biting hard and getting beat twice towards the end of the game.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This was an IDIOTIC play (or lack thereof) by our defense. They go Wildcat in that situation and we don’t contain the edge

R
Legend
Legend
R
This was an IDIOTIC play (or lack thereof) by our defense. They go Wildcat in that situation and we don’t contain the edge

Defense laid down and gave up from the start of the game.

It was obvious from the opening whistle.

No heart.

Legend
Legend

Defense laid down and gave up from the start of the game.

It was obvious from the opening whistle.

No heart.

The only person I thought that looked like they gave up was Whitehead and his lame attempt at tackling.. turned out he was playing with a broken hand. About 90 yards of their offense and 10 points came as a result of his whiffed tackles.

yebat' Putin
R
Legend
Legend
R
Who on defense played well?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Schobert.

But that is usually the case.

Tackles are tackles.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I guess that means we won't resign him. superconfused

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I guess that means we won't resign him. superconfused

That's what I was thinking.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
J/c

Someone said Greedy played well (or has played well) and I actually think he hasn’t ... seems soft and oft-targeted

Legend
Legend
Who on defense played well?

Wilson, Ogunjobi, Richardson, Garrett...

yebat' Putin
C
Legend
Legend
C
J/c

Someone said Greedy played well (or has played well) and I actually think he hasn’t ... seems soft and oft-targeted

Williams has made some nice tackles. He's a rookie corner, we should expect inconsistency.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
J/c

Williams has made some nice tackles. He's a rookie corner, we should expect inconsistency.

Some advanced metrics on Greedy Williams....

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/greedy-williams/

Legend
Legend
J/C .....He's a rookie, who has played 4 games, and who had a 4 week injury in between those games. I'd give him a while before we start breaking everything down so intently. The kid's still learning.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 19 Broncos 24 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard