Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
J/C ..... when has McDaniels ever shown that he can be the voice who keeps star players in line?

I mean, in New England, he can be like the child with a hammer, pounding away, hopelessly, on a nail, knowing that dad has a massive hammer, and will use it, to back him up getting that nail driven in, if necessary.

He also has Tom Brady, who is a super strong voice on offense, who also helps keep players in line.

This is my fear. I don't think players will respect him at all.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Watching that McCarthy video makes you feel like he could be a good hire. He has experience, perspective, a track record, and has definitely learned from any mistakes.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
We should be the top HC destination in the NFL.

They should all be drooling to work with our talent.
Add a top 10 pick to go with it.

We keep talking about talent. Sure, we have some talent. We also have a lot of lack of talent. Minus a couple of players, our defense sucks. Our O-line is missing 3 players and our tight ends suck. We can add in that possibly our QB isn't as good as hoped.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Our defense doesn’t have to suck. With a good coordinator and a handful of solid new starters it can be stout. Garrett comes back and the line is strong again, Greedy and Wilson will get better. We must sign Schobert and draft a safety. Pick up some depth guys. And get a coach who knows what he is doing.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

We keep talking about talent. Sure, we have some talent. We also have a lot of lack of talent. Minus a couple of players, our defense sucks. Our O-line is missing 3 players and our tight ends suck. We can add in that possibly our QB isn't as good as hoped.

Regarding the D... its hard to evaluate a post GW defense, since the fundamentals with GW were all wrong.. effective but wrong, and fora new DC it will take time to change the approach to the game from a anything goes mentality.

Regarding OL, you don't have the 2nd rusher in the league without a good OL. I honestly think most of the OL problems were QB driven, they are not great but they are probably one of the best OL we have ever had.

Regarding the TE's... when you have Landry, OBJ, Chubb and Hunt... its hard for anyone else to shine.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Watching that McCarthy video makes you feel like he could be a good hire. He has experience, perspective, a track record, and has definitely learned from any mistakes.

I thought it was weird and uncomfortable when he said his family needs football as if they don't really want him around.

As for the Browns, I think he's the best hire, but Dee is fixated on McDaniels.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Some of the perceptions of Baker here are just wild.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Why is it assumed that Dorsey and McCarthy will get along? I would think if McCarthy comes Dorsey will have to take a back seat or leave.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think McDaniels wants out of New England. He loves Mayfield. It's a great fit. Go get him.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
I think McDaniels wants out of New England. He loves Mayfield. It's a great fit. Go get him.

I think alot of NE coaches and personnel staff see the sun setting on the dynasty and would rather get out now than be a part of a potential massive collapse when Brady and BB leave.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c just throwing this out there. what about Marvin Lewis? Thought's.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

If McDaniels wanted out of New England, why did he screw over the Colts ?

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Halfback32

Uncertain as to whether he'd have Andrew Luck or not...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
JMO but I feel Greg Roman and Kevin Stefanski bring more to the table than Josh McDaniels. GR and KS seem to really be able to fit their personnel to a scheme. JD hasn't been able to get the Pats O going all year. Their O really hasn't gotten any better from game 1 until now and he hasn't fit new players in that well.
Name one QB other than Jackson and Kap that Roman fit to a scheme? I disagree, I think Roman needs a very mobile and athletic QB to be successful. I think hes the opposite, he needs a certain qb to fit his scheme, not fitting his scheme to the QB. JMO.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Honestly, I think simply having a better base scheme and DC will improve our defensive numbers drastically. Add a solid LB, a safety (randall was a let down this year), and with Garrett coming back - I think the Def will be fine.

We need 2 OT, a backup C, a TE that can block and catch and the above. I think we could fill all those holes in FA and draft.

D
Legend
Legend
D
The talents there bro .... Freddie forgot how to design and call plays ... WSU posted a video last week that summed it up perfectly ... it was 100% spot on about the O ...

We have talent on the D also ... more than a few players ...

The talents there .... KJ messed up the Freddie hire ... but he didn’t mess up acquiring talent ... we have way more than most ....

It now boils down to Bake .... i just hope he can earn to read D’s ...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

More there in that situation than meets the eye I believe.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

ESPN first reported McDaniels staying in New England.

The surprising development comes after the Colts announced Tuesday morning they had reached an agreement for McDaniels to become their new coach. Although McDaniels hadn't signed his Colts contract, the team had scheduled his introductory news conference for Wednesday at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Compounding the issue is that multiple assistant coaches have signed Colts contracts thinking they'd be working with McDaniels. Former Cowboys linebackers coach Matt Eberflus, who was pegged as McDaniels' defensive coordinator, is among those under contract already. Garafolo reported on NFL Total Access that all indications are Eberflus -- and possibly other coaches -- will remain with the Colts under whomever they hire.

Rapoport added that McDaniels was offering Colts jobs to prospective assistants as late as Tuesday before changing his mind about the job.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ts-coaching-job

McDaniels is a dirtbag.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wouldn't be too quick accept a position under him if that was the case.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why do some think to continually push this false narritive? He thought that he was getting a team lead by Andrew Luck, and it seems that the Colts where less than honest concerning this important fact.

[Linked Image]

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
The talents there bro .... Freddie forgot how to design and call plays ... WSU posted a video last week that summed it up perfectly ... it was 100% spot on about the O ...

We have talent on the D also ... more than a few players ...

The talents there .... KJ messed up the Freddie hire ... but he didn’t mess up acquiring talent ... we have way more than most ....

It now boils down to Bake .... i just hope he can earn to read D’s ...
There is more to winning than talent. IDK if John sees that.

It takes will, hard work, drive, and passion for the game to win. The ability to put your life on the line to make a play.

John gets talent, no question, but so far - other than Jarvis and Chubb, I don't see anyone he has brought in that does the above - or puts Football first.

Legend
Legend
He backed out of his contract on Feb 5th 2019. Luck retired on Aug 30, 2019.

#GMSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
True, but they very well could have lead him on to think Luck was healthier than he was. We don't know, and will probably never know.

What he did in Indy was a VERY bad look, and unless its explained - I give Indy the benefit of doubt.

But, JM seems by all accounts a top candidate to be a HC, and we would be lucky to have him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, at least he doubtless about the need for solid QBing in the league. Not that having Brady would leave that in question or anything...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Why? is the question. Nothing happens in a vacuum.

[Linked Image]

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg
Why do some think to continually push this false narritive? He thought that he was getting a team lead by Andrew Luck, and it seems that the Colts where less than honest concerning this important fact.

This is true. Colts weren't honest with McDaniels about Luck. McDaniels also never signed a contract. Water under the bridge now. But he and Dorsey won't co-exist. Not a bad thing.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: shotty66
j/c just throwing this out there. what about Marvin Lewis? Thought's.

We are already unable to win playoff games. We do not need Marvin Lewis.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Then the video did its job... :-p

The excerpts posted from the article are interesting, though. I'm nowhere near the McCarthy hype-train, but I will say that a guy that (allegedly) decided to take a year off to reflect and develop himself as a coach and leader of an organization... take a look at what other teams are doing and try to wrap his brain around new (to him) concepts.... that's one heck of a breath of fresh air from Freddie. I don't know if he turned down the Jets or the Jets turned down him, but a guy that's willing to commit himself for an extended period of time to doing that gets quite a bit of credit, in my book.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K

It will be a great fit If Mayfield will listen.. I don't think Mayfield is very coachable, and McDaniels hasn't spent a lot of time with him even in their private workouts.

Look back to the video Milkman embedded on the previous page for a short interview with McDaniels.

His attention to detail is nuts, just like Bellichik his precision is down to the inches.

McDaniels will require you to run the play as designed. That means if its a 3 step drop you take 3 steps, and you throw the ball, if no one is open you throw it away. McDaniels will NOT put up with Mayfield hot dogging like trying to scramble right on a 3 step drop, or turning over the ball. McDaneils will snap on him on live TV, he won't put up with it.

Mayfield will have to dig really deep to co-exist with a attention to detail guy of the level of McDaniels. Because if he isn't going to follow the plays exactly to the tee with no improvising McDaniels will sour on him very quickly and send him packing. Furthermore, Mayfield is going to be critized daily by McDaniels, just like Bellichik has done nothing but criticize Brady for years. If you can't take constructive criticism, you can't get better, and Mayfield has A TON of stuff in his game that needs cleaned up.

I honestly think McDaniels could be the best thing that has ever happened to Mayfield if he puts his head down, shuts up, and listens, and does exactly what Josh says. Im not so sure Mayfield ego will allow that though, and ya know if Josh ends up pushing Mayfield out, then he was never the answer in the 1st place. We will see very quickly if McDaniels is hired how Mayfield is going to do.

McDaniels is a hardcore Bellichik disciple. He doesn't care who you, where you were drafted,or what your name is. you either buy into the system, do what your told, follow the game plan to a tee, or your gone just like Bellichik runs it in NE. I really hope Mayfield buys in if Josh ends up being our head coach.

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 12/31/19 10:41 AM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

ouch

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
j/c...

ouch
Not necessarily. If he 'knows' he's about to be offered a job he would want more, then that makes sense.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
j/c...

ouch
Not necessarily. If he 'knows' he's about to be offered a job he would want more, then that makes sense.

True, maybe its not so bad.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just the latest shiney bobble IMO. He's not what this group needs.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I have no idea where you get this notion that Baker won't listen to his coaches.

When has he ever been defiant? When has he ever gone rogue on the field? I mean these accusations are just asinine.

It's like people think we drafted this raw, untalented QB who must have things his way or it's the highway. Crazy.

I'm not real sure where a lot of people come up with these crazy ideas and wild inferences about Baker. I mean other than you simply hate the dude and think he's a Class A d-bag. I just don't get it.

The kid wants nothing more than to win. He plays with heart and soul, gives it his all on every play, and leaves nothing on the field. Yet some fans don't want this kind of player leading the team. Something is wrong here.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My son brought his name ( Eric Bienemy ) yesterday. Really high on this young man.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Regarding OL, you don't have the 2nd rusher in the league without a good OL. I honestly think most of the OL problems were QB driven, they are not great but they are probably one of the best OL we have ever had.

Nonsense. The OL is bad and Chubb is just really, really good at his job.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I have no idea where you get this notion that Baker won't listen to his coaches.

Well it suits the "Baker is trash" narrative. These types of "inaccurate statements" get repeated enough by the same couple of posters they start believing it's fact.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10