Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
There is no reason not to re-sign Hunt to a 1st round tender offer. It's $4.7 million, but that's a deal for someone with his talent.

Having 2 All Pro caliber RBs is never a bad thing ..... especially when they both want to block for each other.

Well said! thumbsup Keep Kareem.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Swish, that's a false equivalence. OBJ and Baker are not under high scrutiny after being suspended for battery by the league.

One mistake I can deal with, but when you are just off suspension and being monitored, a person with good judgment does not make that decision. I don't think this is something Garrett would do in his situation.

And btw one of my greatest hopes is that Stefanski will crackdown on the distracting but not illegal behavior of OBJ and Baker. Particularly Baker who is his own worst enemy.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
I have a couple more questions...

Why did the officer feel the need to search the vehicle in the first place?

How fast was he going and what was the posted limit?

its the magic "sir, i smell what seems like marijuana. i need to search your vehicle".

i get hit like that by Mentor cops a couple months ago. he claimed he smelled weed......after i just finished dropping 150 bucks to get my entire ride detailed. and speeding isnt a reason to have your vehicle searched. so the cops definitely had to hit him with the "i smell marijuana". its the go to excuse.

Did you consent?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Consent is not needed,the odor of weed gives the officer probable cause to search.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
its the law.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
its not a false equivalency, unless youre ONLY talking about the league.

the league isnt talking about suspending him. the team isnt talking about cutting him. YOU are. so by that logic, what i said is perfectly valid.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
What if he is never tested? Small chance of that being the case, but you never know.

Then what? Is the juice worth the squeeze?

If there are no charges and it wasn't proven he was smoking weed, I don't see the juice in the first place.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Cool. Then possibly another Antonio Callaway situation.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
The way it read, I thought maybe you challenged the search. Cops are beginning to back down once challenged on the "sniff test". Judges are throwing out evidence in states where it is legal, recreational or medically... In either situation there is no valid reason to suspect a "crime".

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
well, up here its still decriminalized. so its not a big deal because the most they can do is write a ticket. its like 175 and doesnt even stay on your record. its like a speeding ticket and they send you on your way after taking the weed (the part that really sucks).

he wasnt cited for DWI, so that means the officer didnt suspect Hunt was high whatsoever, just he smelled weed in the car.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P

"Then possibly" being they key phrase in your sentence.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

"Then possibly" being they key phrase in your sentence.
\

Yes. Thank you for confirming why I typed what I typed.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Quote:
My former college roommate (on the track team) did this when he found out he was going to be tested the next day. He left our place at 10 PM and just went running for 3 hours.

Passed with flying colors.
yeahhhhh I am going to call in and say bs on that one.

From what I know if you regularly smoke, this won't work. Since THC is stored in your fat cells.

If you smoke the day before / a couple days before and aren't a regular user, this can work.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Legend
Legend
If it's stored in fat cells I will test positive for another 300 years then laugh

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
If it's stored in fat cells I will test positive for another 300 years then laugh

You could go running for 3 hours and be done with it.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I tried but I was wore out 6 seconds into the running part laugh

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes. Thank you for confirming why I typed what I typed.

You're welcome.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I’m impressed Hunt was successful with the “these aren’t my pants” defense lol

In of itself it’s not a big deal, certainly not worth clutching our pearls over. But it’s like with the OBJ thing: why do things to invite problems in the first place? We like to blame Haslam for the reputation of being a circus, but every daggone year it seems like we have at least one player doing something stupid and totally unavoidable that only reinforces that there’s plenty of more circus where that came from.

If there isn’t one already, there ought to be a sign in Berea that says “X number of days since our last unprofessional mishap”

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
B
Legend
Legend
B
J/C...I don't do anything unless he is suspended by the league, at which point I would cut him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
J/C...I don't do anything unless he is suspended by the league, at which point I would cut him.

What he did doesn't change if the league suspends him. Does his infraction become worse because Roger Goodell is in a bad mood one day?

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Quote:
My former college roommate (on the track team) did this when he found out he was going to be tested the next day. He left our place at 10 PM and just went running for 3 hours.

Passed with flying colors.
yeahhhhh I am going to call in and say bs on that one.

From what I know if you regularly smoke, this won't work. Since THC is stored in your fat cells.

If you smoke the day before / a couple days before and aren't a regular user, this can work.

If you exercise, the fat is released into your kidneys. So this shouldn't work unless you are drinking tons of water while and after you run.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

What he did doesn't change if the league suspends him. Does his infraction become worse because Roger Goodell is in a bad mood one day?

I don't know if it was a infraction. Do you know something I don't?

If he tests positive, it is a infraction. If he tests clean and the league suspends him anyway, then that is a different thing to be discussed when and if that happens.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I would be surprised if the league hit him with something the cops wouldn't even slap a misdemeanor on him for.

Then again, it's Goodell and we're the Browns, so I expect a one year suspension under the "personal conduct" excuse.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
p.s. we STILL need to put a 1st-round tender on him, ASAP.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I would be surprised if the league hit him with something the cops wouldn't even slap a misdemeanor on him for.

Then again, it's Goodell and we're the Browns, so I expect a one year suspension under the "personal conduct" excuse.

Maybe, but I don't see it much different than the Calloway deal.

I am mostly disappointed because some of these people are just stupid....I mean come on, what are we talking about here?

You have a employer willing to pay you $millions, and you keep making stupid mistakes.

Just stay clean. Retire at 35 with $millions, buy some prime growing land in Jamaica and grow all the prime reefer you want. Smoke all you want. I don't care. Just don't screw up my team and our chances because you are a dunce.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
While I do agree with you in principal, there is one place where we disagree.

Unlike pants, cars have a title to see who actually owns them. So whether it's actually his vehicle or not is easy to find out. Pants? Yeah, not so easy to figure out. wink

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. It seems so easy to us Ball but these players that keep messing up treat it like it was Nuclear Physics. superconfused Guess they never had to work for a living.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 01/25/20 11:35 AM.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Agreed. It seems so easy to us Ball but these players that keep messing up treat it like it was Nuclear Physics. superconfused Guess they never had to work for a living.

I get that too. Just seems to me that when you have the goose that lays gold eggs, you figure out a way to keep it.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Don't have to go to Jamaica to grow your weed, soon will be legal in most of US, wonder when NFL will catch up with society. PS, never used weed myself, birth defects in children scared me enough. Hope Hunt can play, time will tell.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
If you get caught with weed you get fired from your job.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Was Hunt charged with possession of weed?

The sad part is, Hunt just put himself on Depodesta's Moneyball list of assets to be used to gain more draft picks.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Or he might just be looked at as a good, young player on a team-friendly contract, all of which would be viewed as positives in a "Moneyball" approach. We just don't really know.

P
Legend
Legend
P
His contract is up. He's a RFA.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
For me its rather simple. KEEP HIM!

1. Hunt loves playing for the Browns as it is recorded to be his lifelong dream to play for us. The more players you have of this nature the more apt you are on changing the aura of playing for the Browns.

2. Any Offensive Coach would love the possibilities of a 2 back system especially of the likes of Chubb and Hunt. Hunt is willing to block and is not just good but "GREAT" pass catcher.

3. In this era the return in trading a rather good RB will not get you a great asset for the team. Him here will benefit us much more than what we would get back in return.

4. Make no mistake about it. Look at the 49ers running game, yes Shanahan is an outstanding coach but Stefanski is a diciple of Kubiak which is that Zone blocking scheme with a strong running game involved. We have some great pieces of the puzzle to achieve this and yes, involving our franchise QB, Chubb, Hunt and hopefully a healthy Njoku and the TE from Princeton! We also have some very talented WRs who would benefit with the strong playaction concepts involved with what I believe our offense will deliver.

Hunt is a positive for us in many ways, simply put.
KEEP HIM!!!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Haus
Or he might just be looked at as a good, young player on a team-friendly contract, all of which would be viewed as positives in a "Moneyball" approach. We just don't really know.

Haus...should the Browns keep him, damn right they should but I doubt he fits Depodesta's Moneyball scheme.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
KEEP HIM! He gives us a lot. And he is overjoyed to be here. Use them both at once. Use the other if one gets dinged. Pound on everyone with at least one solid tackle in FA and one in draft. But what would you give to have this situation in Berea for next year if you didn't already?

How about letting fans have a popular one kept, and try to make that work? Keep Hunt. Get more.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
We have some great pieces of the puzzle to achieve this and yes, involving our franchise QB, Chubb, Hunt and hopefully a healthy Njoku and the TE from Princeton!
There was a time when I could have legitimately asked, "which TE from Princeton?" smile

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
C
Legend
Legend
C

Moneyball does not mean cheap.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What's a Kareem Hunt?

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Originally Posted By: mac

Haus...should the Browns keep him, damn right they should but I doubt he fits Depodesta's Moneyball scheme.

Moneyball? Really? That’d make the five billionth time you’ve typed that and made yourself look idiotic. Stop, for Christ’s sake! (Sorry, PastoMarc.)

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum An Offseason Consideration- What To Do With Kareem Hunt?

Link Copied to Clipboard