W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Jan. 2018: Fight in a nigthclub in KC
Feb. 2018: Assaults female at The 9.
June 2018: Fight at bar in Put-in-Bay

All three of these incidents were considered when NFL announced his suspension.

Dec 2018: Kareem Hunt undergoes treatment and counseling for alcohol and anger management

June 2019: Hunt gets in argument in Cleveland bar, police called no arrests made.

Jan: 2020: Hunt pulled over speeding, admits he'd fail a drug test, has an open bottle of vodka in his back pack, small amount of weed found, only speeding ticket issued.

That's pretty telling. If I had to guess - he is absolutely in the program, ESPECIALLY when he said in the video to the cop "ive passed all my drug test in the NFL". To me, I hear that and it says hes in the stage 3 part since they are testing him and a failed test will be a year long ban.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I lean the same way, a year long ban would not surprise with another violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy. Especially, given it was all three incidents that were used to determine his 8 game suspension as part of violating the NFL's personal conduct policy.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The personal conduct policy and the substance abuse policy are not the same. They can not change a failed drug test into the personal conduct policy.

And every player gets drug tested. Funny enough, that testing period begins on 4/20. So the fact Hunt says he has passed all of his drug tests means nothing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Although I agree with everything you said, doesn't Goodell just make up the rules as he goes?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Doing nothing and allowing him to walk and getting nothing would be colossally stupid and fully deserving of any uproar.

Oh. So kinda like when we released Josh Gordon and got nothing.

Didn't we trade him to the Patriots?

(The answer is yes.)

You are right. A trade to move up 70 spots or so. No additional assets. It's something I guess.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Doing nothing and allowing him to walk and getting nothing would be colossally stupid and fully deserving of any uproar.

Oh. So kinda like when we released Josh Gordon and got nothing.

Uhhh... exactly??

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2471...leveland-browns

Trading up 70 spots is better than nothing.

But I wouldn't blame the front office for Hunt's antics.

Last edited by devicedawg; 01/28/20 03:51 PM.
L
Legend
Legend
L
i think if last year proved anything, this team has enough issues with discipline and distractions and doing things that help and not hurt team. Love hunt, was stoked to get him and he was fun to watch, but we can't deal with this kind of nonsense. Your best ability is availability

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
P
Legend
Legend
P
Who said he wouldn't be available?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Who said he wouldn't be available?
True, but you have to think there will be something done by nfl, and its foolish to think not even a month after season he's doing dumb stuff, who thinks he's going to last until September without doing more. Risk/reward. Not my call obviously. I'd love to have his talent, but I totally understand them not wanting the possibility of a distraction or unavailability

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
The personal conduct policy and the substance abuse policy are not the same. They can not change a failed drug test into the personal conduct policy.

And every player gets drug tested. Funny enough, that testing period begins on 4/20. So the fact Hunt says he has passed all of his drug tests means nothing.

Regardless of a failed drug test, Goodell can absolutely use this incident, if he chooses, as a violation under the NFL personal conduct policy.

It's really up to Goodell.

How the policy reads:

Expectations and Standards of Conduct

It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. We are all held to a higher standard and must conduct ourselves in a way that is responsible, promotes the values of the NFL, and is lawful.

Players convicted of a crime or subject to a disposition of a criminal proceeding (as defined in this Policy) are subject to discipline. But even if the conduct does not result in a criminal conviction, players found to have engaged in any of the following conduct will be subject to discipline. Prohibited conduct includes but is not limited to the following:

* Actual or threatened physical violence against another person, including dating violence, domestic violence, child abuse, and other forms of family violence;

* Assault and/or battery, including sexual assault or other sex offenses;

* Violent or threatening behavior toward another employee or a third party in any workplace
setting;

* Stalking, harassment, or similar forms of intimidation;

* Illegal possession of a gun or other weapon (such as explosives, toxic substances, and the like), or possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting;

* Illegal possession, use, or distribution of alcohol or drugs;

* Possession, use, or distribution of steroids or other performance enhancing substances;

* Crimes involving cruelty to animals as defined by state or federal law;

* Crimes of dishonesty such as blackmail, extortion, fraud, money laundering, or racketeering;

* Theft-related crimes such as burglary, robbery, or larceny;

* Disorderly conduct;

*Crimes against law enforcement, such as obstruction, resisting arrest, or harming a police officer or other law enforcement officer;

*Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person; and

* Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL personnel.

We'll see what Goodell decides to do, if anything at all, but he certainly has a lot of latitude.

P
Legend
Legend
P
My thing really isn't about whether we keep him or get rid of him. The point to me is he still holds at least some value. Releasing him and getting nothing in return is what I don't want to see happen. Considering the circumstances, if he doesn't get suspended and we don't have to spend much to keep him, the juice is worth the squeeze.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
My thing really isn't about whether we keep him or get rid of him. The point to me is he still holds at least some value. Releasing him and getting nothing in return is what I don't want to see happen. Considering the circumstances, if he doesn't get suspended and we don't have to spend much to keep him, the juice is worth the squeeze.

Give Hunt an original round tender.

Legend
Legend

As it stands today he has a speeding ticket.

More to follow depending upon what the League decides.

On the field he is a talent. Off the field a knucklehead.

This latest episode is a clear indicator he doesn't get it.

You don't invest in players like that.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Quote:
The Texans are not a smart team, they basically mortgaged their future for one year and they were the team willing to give up a third round pick.
Maybe I am reading your post wrong, but how is giving up a 3rd round pick mortgaging your future?

It isn't. Sorry if it came off wrong. I thought people would remember that they also made the Tunsil trade.
Gotcha!

that's makes more sense. I think though if I may answer - at some point, you have to take your shot.

The have a solid defense, a young QB on his rookie deal still, and IMO the best WR in the league. You cant always play for tomorrow. At some point you have to try and win today. When that point is there - you do what you can. Tunsil is a very young OL, with high ceiling that is playing a pretty level right now. You have a franchise QB who was injured previously, and your OL was your biggest weakness.

Totally agree. That doesn't mean you panic trade two first round picks and a second round pick for an above-average left tackle with some upside.

I would have made the trade in a heartbeat, and honestly - I wish we had made it at the time.

Imagine not having a first round pick this year or next year because we have Laremy Tunsil instead. If you're giving up that much for an offensive linemen you better be getting a slam dunk all-pro.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Full disclosure: I didn't want Hunt on the team in the first place.

Noted and placed in everybody's memory so you can live with the results of his career either way.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/sex-and-drugs-scandal-threatens-to-engulf-cowboy-1304939.html

Sex and drugs scandal threatens to engulf Cowboy

it's like... it's always been like this. Except TMZ is leaking this stuff whereas before, everyone looked the other way.

and there is this
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2858...idates-new-deal

Hill joined the Chiefs as a fifth-round draft pick in 2016, eight months after he pleaded guilty in Oklahoma to punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend while he was in college. In April 2019, an audiotape surfaced of Hill and his then-fiancée discussing how their son received injuries and whether they might have been caused by Hill.

The Johnson County (Kansas) District Attorney's Office investigated Hill but declined to press charges.

During training camp, Hunt said Hill had things to prove to the Chiefs before he received the contract extension. The Chiefs and Hill then agreed to a three-year, $54 million extension shortly before the season.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
Give Hunt an original round tender.

This is what I'm saying I would do as well. It's possible a team would give up a 3rd for him. When no one does, it's possible we sign him for a one year contract based off his tender. It's also entirely plausible we get NOTHING for him outside of another year of play... and I don't think it's stupid or a colossal mistake.

At this point we're probably going to see a compensatory pick next year. Or we may not.

The Browns 2020 success is not reliant on Hunt being here.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

I like what Hunt brings to the team .. love the options. I think a second round tender would be best .. would like to keep him, but if not, want something more than a flyer for him.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
The Browns 2020 success is not reliant on Hunt being here.

How many rookie RBs run for 1300 yds plus?

Depending on how much the Browns are going to rely on their running attack, Hunt's value to the Browns could go from 1 to 100 if Chubb is lost for the season due to injury.

The Browns front office can be smart...or they can be "not so smart"...the choice is theirs.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't agree that moving on from Hunt is a "not so smart" move.

I would guess barring some major happenings that Hunt won't be here past next season. If you can get something now, get it.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
The Texans are not a smart team, they basically mortgaged their future for one year and they were the team willing to give up a third round pick.
Maybe I am reading your post wrong, but how is giving up a 3rd round pick mortgaging your future?

It isn't. Sorry if it came off wrong. I thought people would remember that they also made the Tunsil trade.
Gotcha!

that's makes more sense. I think though if I may answer - at some point, you have to take your shot.

The have a solid defense, a young QB on his rookie deal still, and IMO the best WR in the league. You cant always play for tomorrow. At some point you have to try and win today. When that point is there - you do what you can. Tunsil is a very young OL, with high ceiling that is playing a pretty level right now. You have a franchise QB who was injured previously, and your OL was your biggest weakness.

Totally agree. That doesn't mean you panic trade two first round picks and a second round pick for an above-average left tackle with some upside.

I would have made the trade in a heartbeat, and honestly - I wish we had made it at the time.

Imagine not having a first round pick this year or next year because we have Laremy Tunsil instead. If you're giving up that much for an offensive linemen you better be getting a slam dunk all-pro.
You realize we are going to draft an OL this year with our pick right? You realize that the OL we draft might not be anywhere near as good as Tunsil, right?

I bet the Steelers are pretty happy about trading their 1st for Fitzpatrick right about now.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Quote:

Gotcha!

You realize we are going to draft an OL this year with our pick right? You realize that the OL we draft might not be anywhere near as good as Tunsil, right?

I bet the Steelers are pretty happy about trading their 1st for Fitzpatrick right about now.

What about our second round pick and our first round pick next year? How many more wins does Tunsil bring instead of Greg Robinson?

P
Legend
Legend
P
How many wins did Joe Thomas bring us?

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C

P
Legend
Legend
P
So let me get this straight..... You ask a rhetorical question that has no real answer. Then when you get the same thing in return you point the finger at them? Brilliant!

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
So let me get this straight..... You ask a rhetorical question that has no real answer. Then when you get the same thing in return you point the finger at them? Brilliant!

Mine wasn't a rhetorical question. Nice try though!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Then give us the answer?

Quote:
How many more wins does Tunsil bring instead of Greg Robinson?

There. Since you actually have an answer, tell us what that answer is and how you arrive at your conclusion?

See, we had one of, if not the best LT in the NFL and the W/L column didn't change much. We do have better talent now and having a better LT should certainly help. However, if you think you can quantify that in the W/L column, you're wrong.

But hey, have at it.

rolleyesdevil

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

Gotcha!

What about our second round pick and our first round pick next year? How many more wins does Tunsil bring instead of Greg Robinson?

At least 1, imo. If he didn't get kicked out of the Titans game, we might've kept the offense going a little longer and eeked out a win.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
[quote=willitevachange]
Quote:

Gotcha!

At least 1, imo. If he didn't get kicked out of the Titans game, we might've kept the offense going a little longer and eeked out a win. [/quote]

The more I think about Robinson's performance in that game, the more I wonder "what more could an OL do to INTENTIONALLY throw the game." Didn't he have a lot of motion penalties too?

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 01/29/20 02:33 PM.
Legend
Legend

All of them.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
Well, although that can clearly not be answered - we can try to see how many games ended via sack or pressured throw from Baker on that side. You also clearly sidestepped the fact that we are using the 1st this year by all accounts on a OT anyway.

How many wins has stockpiling picks won us? do you think our W/L total over/under goes up or down if Baker is injured and our backup has to play?

Your taking into consideration the entire roster in the scenario. Our biggest need and weakness on offense is OT. Coming into this season we had HIGH hopes of a SB, wrongly so - but we did.

You see, it seems some fans would rather save for a team we will never have, while others would rather build and play to win each game.

With the talent we have on this roster, we are a WIN NOW team. When you have a WIN NOW team, you do everything you can to sure up holes - even if its trading a little of the future.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'd bet they are thinking it'd be nice to have the pick for a QB about now. They undoubtedly are pleased with what they got from Fitzpatrick, but if you don't have a QB, your team is cooked. It's draft season, the focus is different.

If Ben doesn't bounce back, they might be kicking themselves. Especially if they are just good enough to miss out on the top QBs in the 2021 draft.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:
Well, although that can clearly not be answered - we can try to see how many games ended via sack or pressured throw from Baker on that side. You also clearly sidestepped the fact that we are using the 1st this year by all accounts on a OT anyway.

How many wins has stockpiling picks won us? do you think our W/L total over/under goes up or down if Baker is injured and our backup has to play?

Your taking into consideration the entire roster in the scenario. Our biggest need and weakness on offense is OT. Coming into this season we had HIGH hopes of a SB, wrongly so - but we did.

You see, it seems some fans would rather save for a team we will never have, while others would rather build and play to win each game.

With the talent we have on this roster, we are a WIN NOW team. When you have a WIN NOW team, you do everything you can to sure up holes - even if its trading a little of the future.

We may trade. Maybe up, maybe down, but trades aside, we are going to be building on what we have.

That doesn't mean we might drop a player or two you like or someone else likes.

I don't think Dorsey was going to try to sign Joe Shobert as an example. This past season would have been the ideal time
to do that.

It happens all the time when things change at the top. I mean every time, this isn't going to be any different except it won't be as severe as we undertook when Sashi was here. The goal then was to accumulate draft picks. That isn't the case in total right now.

Belicheck has accumulated draft picks for a long time, so I think that factors in to the metric Depo might suggest. It makes sense to trade down a little to add something later in the draft or for next year. Not to give up the player you love...if you have 3-4 players you like and would be happy with any. I would always welcome that. We aren't going to go from #10 to #26 simply for picks next year because we are in a win now mode. A player we think can help this year would have to be involved. At least that is my opinion.

Too many fan emotions involved right now. I get it, I am a fan too. The sky isn't falling. We have a pretty good team who underachieved last year. We do have several holes that need to be addressed and we don't have six #1 picks, so we can probably only address 2 with pretty sure starters...draft wise...FA could lower that number, and I hope it does....it better. We counted on Corbett to be a mauler guard. He wasn't. We counted on Tikitiki to be a monster like we expected Beau Bell or Wali Rainer to be great players. Sorry, didn't work.

That isn't a knock on Dorsey. Ok, the top of the 2nd pick needed to be a do over....the others, your throwing darts for the most part after round 3-4.

Even the first round guys can be subjective. Gerrard Warren is a prime example. I think we picked him 3rd overall. No, we wasn't the next Warren Sapp, but he did play maybe 15 years, starting for 3-4 teams, and I think made a few pro-bowls..I could be wrong on that. He was a solid player, but sure, he was a bust if you were expecting the next Merlin Oleson, Bob Lilly, or Mean Joe.

Sure, I hoped he would be as good as the local kid, Reggie White, but he was still a good player.

Teams have to get at minimum good NFL players with the first 3 picks. After that, it a bonus. You can usually tell a player is going to be good. It's rare you can tell how good. Bo Jacksons as an example don't show up every day.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

I'd bet they are thinking it'd be nice to have the pick for a QB about now. They undoubtedly are pleased with what they got from Fitzpatrick, but if you don't have a QB, your team is cooked. It's draft season, the focus is different.

If Ben doesn't bounce back, they might be kicking themselves. Especially if they are just good enough to miss out on the top QBs in the 2021 draft.
I highly doubt that.

With literally their 3rd and 4th string qbs playing - they were able to go 8-8 and be fighting for the playoffs. In fact, if not for a Ju Ju fumble, and Connor getting hurt, I think they run away with the wild card spot even with that.

I would also argue, they could pick up any QB in FA this year for a backup and still be setup to make a playoff run with their defense.

Im not downplaying the QB role, but their defense this year was special, and there is no reason to expect that not to continue.

And Ben likes the attention, I fully expect him to be fine going into the season - he loves to play injuries to make him look better.

Point being - there is not a single person upset about trading their 1 for Fitzpatrick, especially seeing that they were what 0-3 when they traded for him, and finished 8-8.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
special???

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Hammer
special???
what about it? Pitts def was very very good, and they are probably only going to get better, as they are young.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Hammer
special???
what about it? Pitts def was very very good, and they are probably only going to get better, as they are young.

If they can keep everyone. Which will be hard if they go the free agency route at QB. I'm under the impression they've been pretty tight against the cap, so might be tough irrespective of what they do at QB. I hadn't really considered a Mariota as the next Tannehill in Pittsburgh scenario, or something along those lines, which I suppose could potentially work.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
B
1st String
1st String
B

All of them.

This is partly true. Joe did more than his fair share, he did not deserve to have a whole career and never even make the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl. However, the rest of the team had to put in some effort, which isn't saying much since the Browns didn't win very much while Joe was here .

On the flip side, I do believe if Joe ws never here, we probably would not have won as many games. I do believe he was that special to the OL and team.

As for Hunt, I love his talent, but if he's going to be another Josh Gordon type, then I say trade him and get someting before you're forced to let him go and get nothing. I hope there's a way we keep him and continue getting solid use out of him and that he doesn't do any more stupd stuff but that's generally rooting for hope against hope. Aside from his running ability, I like his pass catching ability. It will be a shame if he goes and especially if we get nothing.

Last edited by BarkinMad; 01/29/20 05:10 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C

Dorsey obviously failed in not trading for Tunsil then. . .

C
Legend
Legend
C
Then give us the answer?

Quote:
How many more wins does Tunsil bring instead of Greg Robinson?

There. Since you actually have an answer, tell us what that answer is and how you arrive at your conclusion?

Who said I have an answer? Do people only ask questions when they already have the answer? That'd be weird.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum An Offseason Consideration- What To Do With Kareem Hunt?

Link Copied to Clipboard