Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
The NFL on Wednesday reinstated Browns defensive end Myles Garrett, effective immediately.

The decision came down just two days after Garrett, who was suspended indefinitely for his role in a late-game brawl between the Browns and Steelers, met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday at the league office in New York. Garrett's reinstatement will allow him to be with the team and participate in offseason workouts, which are slated to begin in early April.

"We welcome Myles back to our organization with open arms," said Browns EVP of Football Operations and General Manager Andrew Berry. "We know he is grateful to be reinstated, eager to put the past behind him and continue to evolve and grow as a leader. We look forward to having his strong positive presence back as a teammate, player and person in our community."

Garrett was suspended indefinitely Nov. 15, one day after he ripped off Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph's helmet and hit him over the top of the head with it at the end of Cleveland's 21-7, Thursday Night Football victory at FirstEnergy Stadium. Garrett's appeal was denied, and he ultimately missed the final six games of the season.

Before the incident, Garrett was on his way to another Pro Bowl season. In 10 games, the former No. 1 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft amassed 10 sacks and forced two fumbles. Garrett's 30.5 sacks through three seasons are the most-ever by a Browns player during the first three years of their career.

Garrett, who is the captain of the NFL's Waterboys program, is set to depart on a humanitarian trip next week to Tanzania. Waterboys is the cornerstone initiative of the Chris Long Foundation, which works to bring clean water to communities in need in East Africa.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/myles-garrett-reinstated-by-nfl-rejoins-browns-active-roster

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
well, if stats are for losers who are made up stats for? I find generally that when people have no factual basis for their argument they make things up.

so, mg is offsides “all the time”. hmm. well, he was offsides twice in 18. how many snaps do you think Myles played in 18, diam. I will guess maybe 65 per game . that is about 1025 snaps for the season and he was penalized twice. and that is your definition of “all the time”. take off your bias glasses and you will see more clearly.

Last edited by keithfromxenia; 02/12/20 11:46 AM.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Good estimate. Garrett played 1012 snaps in 2018. 1094 if you also count special teams.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2018-snap-counts.htm

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Welcome back Myles..relax a bit and be smart during this offseason... thumbsup

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

B
Legend
Legend
B
Myles is a good guy. His transgression isn't going to define him.

Who in in hasn't messed up.....other than me?

Just kidding. I have a few black marks.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Ha - Sex Panther. The Smell of Desire.

D
Legend
Legend
D
For WINNERS of course ... *L* ...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
well, if stats are for losers who are made up stats for? I find generally that when people have no factual basis for their argument they make things up.

so, mg is offsides “all the time”. hmm. well, he was offsides twice in 18. how many snaps do you think Myles played in 18, diam. I will guess maybe 65 per game . that is about 1025 snaps for the season and he was penalized twice. and that is your definition of “all the time”. take off your bias glasses and you will see more clearly.

I’m biased ... *L* ...

I think the dudes SELLFISH based of his words and actions .... sorry if u choose to ignore them and think cause he’s a smart, articulate, caring, generous dude that plays for the browns that some how makes him perfect and he has no faults ... and I’m the biased one ... yup ...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
I would think the NFL will pick the right time to re-instate Garrett.

probably before the draft. that way, it gets swept back under the PR rug nicely as everyone focuses on other things.

This didn't age well.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Myles is a good guy. His transgression isn't going to define him.

To us, I think you're right. To the average NFL fan, I think it will always be the first thing they think of when hearing his name. Well, unless the guy gets a sack on the last play of the Super Bowl to win Cleveland an NFL title. Until then, he's the dude that whacked the Steelers QB with his own helmet. Which always makes me this of this...

From the Reno 911 show:
-Deputy S. Jones: "Sir, I will not hesitate to beat your ass with your own shoe!"

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
mac #1731163 02/12/20 02:18 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: mac

cfrs15 #1731168 02/12/20 02:37 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

What a selfish $%^*

:-p

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
cfrs15 #1731173 02/12/20 02:44 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
I would think the NFL will pick the right time to re-instate Garrett.

probably before the draft. that way, it gets swept back under the PR rug nicely as everyone focuses on other things.

This didn't age well.

but, it was accurate smile

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Rishuz #1731179 02/12/20 02:49 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
... On a side note, I don't think Garrett ever takes another snap in the NFL.

This was the post that didn't age well. I hope he didn't take any of those bets thrown his way.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

This was the post that didn't age well. I hope he didn't take any of those bets thrown his way.

I don't know if I'd want to be stuck on an international flight with recycled air right now. He hasn't taken another snap yet. I don't want to tempt the fates by assuming otherwise.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
R
Legend
Legend
R

I bet you can find a lot of my posts that didn't age well.

I could really care less about being wrong as long as what I'm wrong about benefits the Browns.

Just win football games. Do the things that help you win football games.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
cfrs15 #1731230 02/12/20 03:56 PM
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

Not exactly what I would recommend for Myles, locating closer to China (Coronavirus) and a
whole lot closer to the bad guys in NE Africa.

Last edited by mac; 02/12/20 03:57 PM.

mac #1731243 02/12/20 04:14 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
thumbsdown

Legend
Legend

I tried - I offered 10-1 odds...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Arch...I'm glad we agree... thumbsup

mac #1731264 02/12/20 04:39 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Arch...I'm glad we agree... thumbsup

We don't.

Legend
Legend
Welcome back. Hope you have something to prove . Win us some games!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
L
Legend
Legend
L
J/C

A selfish person wouldn’t fly to Tanzania on a humanitarian journey.

Snap out of it, diam.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

A lot of posts/threads don't age well, but some people seem to like to make fun of others while ignoring their posts/threads that did not age well.

Maybe we could pull up the thread about the three biggest concerns w/the Browns heading into the season? Or maybe the Baker vs Mahomes thread? Or, the top 5 defense posts? I could go on and on and on.........but, I won't. Perhaps others might want to consider it is more honorable to not seize every opportunity to make fun of others? Especially considering that there have been a ton of threads/posts that have not "aged well."

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Welcome back Myles Garrett. Browns fans have missed you. Ok, it was awesome watching you take off a Steeler players helmet and beat them with it. That has been 20+ years in the making. But, please don't do that again. You are much to valuable. I know we now have a coach that won't have you in the game up by 2 scores with 13 seconds to play for something out of the ordicary to happen. Welcome back.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg
Welcome back Myles Garrett. Browns fans have missed you. Ok, it was awesome watching you take off a Steeler players helmet and beat them with it. That has been 20+ years in the making. But, please don't do that again. You are much to valuable. I know we now have a coach that won't have you in the game up by 2 scores with 13 seconds to play for something out of the ordicary to happen. Welcome back.

No offense and you are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree w/a couple of your points.

I don't think it was "awesome" to watch what Myles did. I am a huge fan of his, but that was an embarrassment.

Secondly, I highly doubt he will be out of games if we are winning comfortably. Sack totals matter to the players and even the team. What better time to get a sack than when your team is winning late in the game and the other team is forced to pass? Believe me, I have seen many defensive players from other teams inflate their sack totals when their team is thumping the Browns late in games and we are forced to pass.

O
Legend
Legend
O
We'd have to be winning by A LOT, but even then you don't see many teams getting the bottom of the roster into the game during blowouts. Just doesn't really happen in the NFL for some reason.

And yeah, when we're ahead late in the game is when a guy like Garrett should really be making an impact.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
J/C

A selfish person wouldn’t fly to Tanzania on a humanitarian journey.

Snap out of it, diam.

Bro ... i said he was a GREAT DUDE and generous and 3 or 4 great adjectives in one of my posts ..

Big difference between being a selfish person and a selfish player ... there MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE ....

Listen to him sometime ... see how often he mentions his personal goals and what’s important to him vs how much he talks about the team ...

And i read this after breaking your chops in the other thread .. thiat was not retaliation for that ... *L* ..

R
Legend
Legend
R
That's ok. I didn't even remember I said it.

Let them have their moment. Its important to them.

I'm glad I was wrong.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

A lot of posts/threads don't age well, but some people seem to like to make fun of others while ignoring their posts/threads that did not age well.

Maybe we could pull up the thread about the three biggest concerns w/the Browns heading into the season? Or maybe the Baker vs Mahomes thread? Or, the top 5 defense posts? I could go on and on and on.........but, I won't. Perhaps others might want to consider it is more honorable to not seize every opportunity to make fun of others? Especially considering that there have been a ton of threads/posts that have not "aged well."

I know right? I remember saying “Trent Richardson was the next coming of Jim Brown”. Then Jim Brown said “Nah uh”

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
LINK
Myles Garrett again accuses Mason Rudolph of calling him a racial slur a day after being reinstated by the NFL
Bryan DeArdo - @BryanDeArdo

Myles Garrett is not backing down from his accusation of Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph even after the Browns' former Pro Bowl pass rusher was reinstated by the NFL on Wednesday following a six-game suspension for hitting Rudolph in the head with his own helmet during the Browns' Week 11 victory over the Steelers. Garrett, during his appeals process, accused Rudolph of calling him a racial slur prior to his assault of Pittsburgh's quarterback. On Thursday, during an interview with ESPN's Mina Kimes, Garrett stood by his comments while detailing what he said was said between him and Rudolph.

"He called me the N-word," Garrett said, via ESPN's Jake Trotter. "He called me a 'stupid N-word.'"

Garrett said that Rudolph's comments escalated the fight that took place between himself and Rudolph. The fight also involved Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey and Browns defensive lineman Larry Ogunjobi. Pouncey served a two-game suspension for his role in the fight, while Ogunjobi served a one-game suspension. Rudolph did not receive a suspension but was reportedly fined by the NFL for his actions.

"When he said it, it kind of sparked something, but I still tried to let it go and still walk away," Garrett said. "But once he came back, it kind of reignited the situation. And not only have you escalated things past what they needed to be with such little time in the game left, now you're trying to re-engage and start a fight again. It's definitely not entirely his fault, it's definitely both parties doing something that we shouldn't have been doing.

"I don't say the N-word, whether it's with 'a' [or] 'er.' To me personally, just shouldn't be said, and whether it's by family, friends, anyone. I don't want to use it because I don't want [people to] find that appropriate around me for anyone to use."

While he accepted responsibility for some what took place between himself and Garrett, Rudolph vehemently denied Garrett's accusation back in November. Additionally, the NFL, during its investigation, found no evidence to support Garrett's accusation.

Rudolph's teammates also came to his defense following Garrett's allegation.

"For Mason, I know he's not going to talk about it because he's being villainized by it," Steelers defensive captain Cameron Heyward said, via Joe Rutter of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "He said, 'I'm going to be labeled as that.' And I just don't think that's right. That's my teammate and I'm going to fight for him, and do what's best for him.

"The kid made a bad mistake, but he never crossed the line when you're talking about racial slurs."

Rudolph's attorney, Timothy M. Younger, also denied Garrett's allegation while calling it "reckless and shameful."

"This is a lie," Younger told ESPN.com back in November. "This false allegation was never asserted by Garrett in the aftermath of the game, never suggested prior to the hearing, and conspicuously absent in the apology published by the Browns and adopted by Garrett

"The malicious use of this wild and unfounded allegation is an assault on Mason's integrity which is far worse than the physical assault witnessed on Thursday. This is reckless and shameful. We will have no further comment."

I know I've been critical of his choices that evening, but I believe him. It doesn't justify his reaction, but it adds more context to what was going on in that scrum.

Again, rip the helmet off, toss it in the stands and maybe punch the guy when he comes back at you, but swinging the helmet on the dudes head escalated the situation to a point that it made worldwide news (not the good kind).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
...and I thought this episode was dead.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: jfanent
...and I thought this episode was dead.

Browns in the news again over this. Geesh.

#greatguy

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I don't blame Myles for letting his feelings be known, now that he has been reinstated. The Steelers made their denials while Myles remained silent after being suspended by the NFL.

I have no reason to believe there is only one side to this story..the Steelers side! Something tripped Myles trigger and I'm in no position to doubt Myles' claim.

It may be that only the two of them..Myles and Mason, actually know what happened.

I will say this, now that Myles voiced his opinion there is no need to continue to say a word. Hopefully the Browns can help Myles, giving him some good advice on how to handle the situation from this point forward.

R
Legend
Legend
R
He's a meathead. No way he doesn't mention it again.

But he writes poetry. Apparently people feel that helps the Browns win games.

O
Legend
Legend
O
He's a meathead. No way he doesn't mention it again.

Hard to argue the whole "he's selfish/meathead" with him bringing it back up again. Are we sure he didn't take the brunt of the helmet swing himself? Everyone had to have "known" that his reinstatement was supposed to hit the news then fade away ASAP.

Dumb.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

TMZ will eventually manage to get the game audio some day...

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Garrett Part 3

Link Copied to Clipboard