Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
He was at a club dude ... don't tell me he didn't go clubbing when he was at a club ...

Bro .. when u have to reach this far that might be a sign to give it up ... you just told me he didn’t go clubbing when he was at a club ... rofl ...

Go read my post again...what kind of fool do you think I am??? Where on earth did I say he didn't go to a club.

Go back to Night classes and get that remedial reading 101 in...lol laugh

I never said he didn't go clubbing... saywhat give me a little credit.

Yeah so I should give up posting cause you cant freaking read...smh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I’m watching this one closely, mainly because I got burned with my Gordon faith.

Everyone likes a redemption story

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
One lesson from my youth; never, ever challenge (or accept a challenge from) an Aussie to a drinking contest.

Or at least have friends ready to carry you back to the hotel/ship.

In Sydney, it might not be that bad. Brisbane or Perth were no joke, though.

I vaguely remember achieving a grudging respect.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
One time in Norfolk, I was invited aboard the Ark Royal for dinner. 6 of the Brits surrendered their grog ration (3 warm British beer apiece) for the visiting Yank. I don't remember how I got back to my ship.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Jake Trotter
ESPN Staff Writer
The Browns have placed RB Kareem Hunt (groin) on the active/non-football injury list. Same with RB Trayone Gray (calf).

Just got this....no details yet.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Freddie said that he didn't think it was anything that would keep him out for any time.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Sounds like it’ll be a few days

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
KAREEM HUNT
RB, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns owner Jimmy “the thief” Haslam is working with the NFL in hopes of allowing Kareem Hunt to remain around the team during his eight-game suspension.

Hunt isn't set to return from his suspension until Week 10, but the Browns want to give Hunt support while he serves his punishment. If granted special clearance, that would make Hunt's debut with the Brown a slightly easier transition. For now, Hunt (groin) is working to get off the active/NFI list, so he can participate in team drills in training camp.

SOURCE: Nate Ulrich on Twitter
Jul 28, 2019, 1:42 PM ET

Legend
Legend
Kareem Hunt says finishing career with hometown team ‘would be something special’

BEREA — The Browns hold the contractual rights to Kareem Hunt beyond this season because the standout running back is eligible for restricted free agency in March.

Hunt made it clear Friday he’s fine with the situation. The Willoughby South High School graduate said he wants to remain with his hometown team anyway.

“Ain’t no place like home, and this is home for me, so I would love to be in my hometown playing for a long time, maybe finish my career,” Hunt said after the Browns (6-9) practiced for Sunday’s season finale against the Cincinnati Bengals (1-14). “That would be something special. You never know. I’m just excited to do whatever it takes. They’re going to get a ballplayer.”

General Manager John Dorsey threw Hunt a lifeline by signing him in February after the player had been caught on video shoving and kicking a woman in downtown Cleveland about a year earlier. When Dorsey was the GM of the Kansas City Chiefs, he picked Hunt in the third round of the 2017 draft out of the University of Toledo.

Hunt said he didn’t have knowledge of the Browns talking to his agent about a contract extension.

But Dorsey could simply tender Hunt as a restricted free agent in the offseason, giving the Browns the right of first refusal should another team make an offer.

Hunt has compiled 40 carries for 175 yards (4.4 average) and two touchdowns to go along with 34 catches for 253 yards and a touchdown in seven games this season.

The NFL suspended him for the first eight games because he violated its personal-conduct policy by engaging in physical altercations with the woman in downtown Cleveland and a man in Put-in-Bay in June 2018.

Hunt, 24, is confident the Browns would have won more games if he were available for a full season.

“I feel like I’m a difference maker on the field,” he said. “I feel like I could’ve helped win a couple more games.”

When Hunt returned from his eight-game ban, he proved to be a willing blocker at times for running back Nick Chubb, who leads the NFL with 1,453 rushing yards.

“I don’t have a problem [sharing the workload with Chubb]. I’m a team player,” Hunt said. “Whatever I can do help my team, whatever team I play for, I’m going to do it. You never know. Whenever my number is called, I have to be ready to play. I’m content with whatever, as long as we win.

“A whole season together [with Chubb], it’s going to be tough for other teams. As soon as we get it clicking, everybody will feed off it.”

As for Sunday, Hunt hopes Chubb secures the league’s rushing title. Hunt won it with 1,327 rushing yards as a Chiefs rookie.

“It’s hard to do,” Hunt said. “You’ve got to be consistent. You’ve got to come ready to play every game.

“Nick deserves it. He’s a workhorse type of guy, a good person, and I can’t be happier for him. He deserves the rushing title — no doubt — and I believe he’s going to get it.”

https://beaconjournal.com/sports/2019122...mething-special

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
The Looming Decision on Kareem Hunt

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-mav...-on-kareem-hunt

The Cleveland Browns have a number of major decisions to make in the upcoming offseason. One of the more interesting considerations they'll have involves running back Kareem Hunt, who will be a restricted free agent. The Browns could simply re-sign him to a new deal or put different tenders on him, which may signal an intent to at least listen to trade offers for him.

Hunt missed the first eight games of the season due to a suspension. He also had a sports hernia repaired in that time. In the seven games he's played for the Browns, he has accounted for 40 carries for 175 yards and a pair of touchdowns on the ground at 4.4 yards per carry. Hunt also caught 34 passes on 40 targets for 253 yards and another touchdown.

That accounts for 61.1 yards per game and over a 16 game season would amount to 978 yards at 5.7 yards per touch. When adding in the blocking Hunt offers, that would be a pretty solid season. It's also similar to the seasons Duke Johnson had for the Browns in 2016 and 2017, where he compiled 872 yards at 6.9 yards per touch and 1,041 yards at 6.6 yards per touch respectively.

Another year in this system or a change of coach could improve the output for Hunt. The Browns could be happy enough with what Hunt did this season to offer him a multiple year offer and try to keep him at below market value, seeing an opportunity to keep him and Chubb together at a reasonable cost. Incidentally, general manager John Dorsey made this exact move with Duke Johnson, signing him before their falling out and the resulting trade before this season.

Only the Browns know just how much they believe in Hunt's attempts to change his life since the video came out of him at a Cleveland hotel trying to attack a woman while being restrained. As talented as Hunt is, the team has to weigh that risk and any potential fallout from another incident, were it to occur, both in terms of what it would mean to lose the player on the field as well as the damage to the team.

More likely, the Browns will put a restricted tender on Hunt, which if signed, is a one-year deal before he would then become an unrestricted free agent next year. Depending on the level of the tender, if another team were to sign him, that would determine what draft pick the team would have to give up to sign him as compensation. There's also a monetary difference in the tender for the player depending on which is used. The higher the tender, the more money the player would receive. A first round tender would come with a contract worth between $4 and $5 million.

The Browns could place a first round, second round or original round tender on Hunt. Hunt was a third round pick, so if they went with an original round tender, that would be the compensation for another team to sign him. The Browns could also trade the restricted rights if they were so inclined. So if the team were to place a second round tender on Hunt, but a team was offering a third round pick in 2019 and a conditional pick the following year as an example, the Browns could accept that offer and trade the rights.

The level of tender the Browns place on Hunt could indicate the likelihood they are willing to move him. A first round tender would suggest the Browns have every intention of keeping him while a second or original round tender could indicate they are at least willing to entertain trading him.

If he does sign his tender, the Browns would keep him another year before he'd be an unrestricted free agent and potentially have a bigger market with far more control of his future. The Browns would either meet the open market demands or potentially get a compensatory draft pick down the road when he signs with a different team.

Another consideration is the blocking scheme the Browns employ. With Nick Chubb, the team's feature back, the Browns enjoy the vast majority of their success utilizing a zone blocking scheme, particularly running behind Joel Bitonio and J.C. Tretter. Chubb's combination of vision and patience enables him to find running lanes and create explosive plays. Chubb averages 5.1 yards per carry and has 11 explosive plays on the season.

Meanwhile, when they hand the ball to Hunt, it's largely behind gap blocking, which has a predetermined hole. The play puts more emphasis on the offensive line to be able to execute the play. There's nothing necessarily wrong with having backs excel utilizing two different blocking schemes, but it's more the offensive line has to practice and execute at a high level. Hunt is averaging 4.4 yards per carry and zero explosive plays on the season, so it's debatable if it's worth it. The Browns as currently constituted seem to simply execute the zone scheme more effectively.

A new coach, should they go that route, might be more inclined to be employ a heavier gap scheme, which could increase Hunt's value to the Browns. However, if they embrace the zone blocking scheme the Browns already execute at a high level with Chubb, they might be more inclined to add another zone runner to compliment their feature back, enabling a smoother transition from back to back over the course of a game or within drives. In addition to reducing the amount the offensive line has to focus on in practice, they would theoretically be better at those areas they can put more time and energy.

Ultimately, any decision is going to be governed through the potential value of Hunt. If teams are both comfortable with Hunt's off field and love the player he was with the Kansas City Chiefs, leading the league in rushing, they might be inclined to make a significant offer. There are a handful of teams where a game changing running back could completely change the complexion of their offense; teams like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New Orleans Saints, Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions.

The Browns could certainly lose some production at the running back position by trading Hunt, but they may be able to address another area of concern on the team and create a more logical offense overall. As useful as Hunt has been, he's hardly been the game changing force he was expected to be, which unfortunately fits in with so much of this team this year. The coaching staff may bear a significant amount of the blame for that, but the front office still has to make a decision this offseason.

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Man I hope they keep this RB duo for their careers.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Andrew Berry says team will tender restricted free agent RB Kareem Hunt. Won’t say which level of tender.

https://twitter.com/ScottPetrak/status/1232359541783908352

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Andrew Berry says team will tender restricted free agent RB Kareem Hunt. Won’t say which level of tender.

I would assume 2nd round

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Why not 1st found? ... i don’t know how it works ... if we traded him he should be worth at least a 1st and more if he’s in no trouble after his latest meltdown ...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
we can match any deal for Hunt, not so for Schobert they may put that first rounder on him?

IDK just guessing.

#gmstrong

A smart person knows what to say.

A wise person knows whether or not to say it.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Why not 1st found? ... i don’t know how it works ... if we traded him he should be worth at least a 1st and more if he’s in no trouble after his latest meltdown ...

No running backs are traded for first round picks. Running backs have almost no value on the trade market, especially if they are going to need a new contract soon.

cfrs15 #1734671 02/25/20 02:41 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
1. When was the last time a RB of Hunt’s caliber was traded? ...

2. We got a 3rd for duke ... never say never ...

Legend
Legend
I think Hunt’s issue is off the field obviously. Not sure what his value is, but I think our right to match or get a 2nd round pick is where it ends up

C
Legend
Legend
C
1. When was the last time a RB of Hunt’s caliber was traded? ...

No one trades for running backs of Hunt's caliber because no one wants to pay for running backs. Here is a list of all the trades for running backs going back to 1996:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/running-back/trade/

2. We got a 3rd for duke ... never say never ...

BOB is out of picks to trade.

cfrs15 #1734680 02/25/20 02:52 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
He’s gotta have a 1st in 2023 0r 4 .. thumbsup

Times they are a changing ... the reason no RB’s of his quality aren’t traded are that teams don’t want to part with rb’s of that quality ... Over the last 5 years your theory may have come into play ... we don’t know ...

When’s the last time a team had 2 of the top 5 backs in the game? ... make it top 15 or even 20 if u want ... I’ll be waiting ... thumbsup

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

I would assume 2nd round

I assume a 3rd. I don't think any team will offer up a 3rd AND a long term deal, particularly given his recent incident in which he admitted he's struggling and would fail a drug test.

Legend
Legend
Fred Taylor and MJD?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Times they are a changing ... the reason no RB’s of his quality aren’t traded are that teams don’t want to part with rb’s of that quality ... Over the last 5 years your theory may have come into play ... we don’t know ...

My guess is that if the Rams, Falcons, Cardinals, and Jets could get a mulligan on their running backs' contracts they would do so immediately. I will probably be able to add the Cowboys to that list after they lose key players at more important positions this off-season.

When’s the last time a team had 2 of the top 5 backs in the game?

The first duo that comes to mind is LaDainian Tomlinson and Michael Turner. Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara. Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew. Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams. Those are the ones off the top of my head.

(Also, I think Nick Chubb is a top five back but I'm taking Derrick Henry, Christian McCaffrey, Ezekiel Elliott, Alvin Kamara, Saquon Barkley, and Dalvin Cook over Hunt. And probably a few more guys.)

Hunt's value just isn't that great to other teams given his contract situation and his off the field history. He has more value to us because we already have him.

cfrs15 #1734741 02/25/20 03:57 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
I wouldn’t disagree with anything u just said other than the other duo’s ... none of them had 2nd backs top 15 in terms of talent ... but that’s a rabbit hole we don’t need to explore ...

Also not sure I’d take Alvin over hunt ... but that would just be arguing over a smidge of a difference ...

It’ll be interesting to see what we end up giving him ...

My original question was aimed at finding out how the tags work ... i clearly missed the mark ... *L* ...

C
Legend
Legend
C
My original question was aimed at finding out how the tags work ... i clearly missed the mark ... *L* ...

We can tag Hunt with a first, second, third, or original round tender. Each tender has a different salary attached to it. If Hunt signs the tender we have him for one more year at the attached salary. If another team signs Hunt we have several days to match the offer. If the offer is not matched then we get a pick depending on whatever tender we assigned to Hunt.

cfrs15 #1734759 02/25/20 04:10 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Any clue what the diff is rb pay per tender ...

How much it gonna cost us if we tender him at #1 and match compared to a 2nd rnd tender and 3rd ...

Lots goes into this ... u need to do math and i got 0 + 0 down as opposed to some ... *L* ..

M
Legend
Legend
M
Any clue what the diff is rb pay per tender ...

How much it gonna cost us if we tender him at #1 and match compared to a 2nd rnd tender and 3rd ...

Lots goes into this ... u need to do math and i got 0 + 0 down as opposed to some ... *L* ..

1st RD tender = $4.667M
2nd RD tender = $3.278M
3rd RD tender = $2.144M

If a team matched the Browns on a 1st round tender (0% chance of this happening) run as fast you can to make the deal.

Matching the other team on contract terms depends on the offer the other team makes.

https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders/

D
Legend
Legend
D
So they don’t have to match the tender ... they can make a “poisin pill” offer?

4.66 for a year scares u from a talent like Hunt ... rofl ...

I wonder how they came up with that # ... seems low to me ...

M
Legend
Legend
M
So they don’t have to match the tender ... they can make a “poisin pill” offer?

4.66 for a year scares u from a talent like Hunt ... rofl ...

I wonder how they came up with that # ... seems low to me ...

"Poison Pills" are no longer permitted in contracts.

I have no idea why you think "I'm scared" of $4.66M."

I'm not sure you understand how this all works.

The Browns will not put a first round tender and pay him $4.66M when there is a zero chance a team will give up a 1st for Hunt. Instead they can slap a 3rd round tender on him for $2.144M and still nobody will give up a 3rd for him and they can save $2.5M in cap space.

C
Legend
Legend
C
It’s almost like no one is giving up anything of value for a running back that they’d have to pay (and who also has off the field problems). . .

D
Legend
Legend
D
Why would no one give up a 3rd for hunt?

I have no clue how it works ... hence the questions ...

No poison pills allowed (not sure how that works or who decides what is or isn’t a poison pill) ... here’s my question ...

Can say the chiefs only have him sign the tender for say 2.144m for a 3rd rounder OR can they offer him what they want?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Can say the chiefs only have him sign the tender for say 2.144m for a 3rd rounder OR can they offer him what they want?

The team that signs him can sign him to whatever contract they agree to with the player. The player's current team then gets to decide if they want to match the contract. If they don't match then they get the corresponding pick.

1. He's a running back.
2. They would have to pay him.
3. He has major off the field issues.

M
Legend
Legend
M

I have no clue how it works ... hence the questions ...

No poison pills allowed (not sure how that works or who decides what is or isn’t a poison pill) ... here’s my question ...

The Browns have the right to match any offer.

If the Chiefs offer up a 3rd and the $2.144M the Browns could say, "nope, we'll keep him for the $2.144M."

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I would prefer a second round tender. The money difference is not that that large, plus losing a second pick for someone who has an off field history like Hunt may be prohibitive to another team, where someone just might go for a 3rd round pick for a recent NFL rushing champion.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
You'll get a bunch of solid reasons why nobody might trade for him, but at the same time, we managed to trade Trent Richardson for a 1st rounder.... so, there are no absolutes here.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

cfrs15 #1734820 02/25/20 05:29 PM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Thanks for clearing it up ... thumbsup

RB’s still get paid ... and i could care less about them .... i only care about us ...

4.66 million ... his contract will be for a heck of a lot more than that ... so if we get him for 1 year at that price ... STEAL IMO ... BIGTIME ...

Crap ... what is bark’s rookie contract per year? ... its gotta be more than that ...

I have no clue what rb’s make ... but 4.66 seems like peanuts for a talent like hunt ... and if someone does tender him .... we gots a 1st ...

I would understand a 2nd ... anything lower than that is just MORONIC!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
You'll get a bunch of solid reasons why nobody might trade for him, but at the same time, we managed to trade Trent Richardson for a 1st rounder.... so, there are no absolutes here.

Yeah, but we have the guy that made that Richardson trade locked up in Berea right now! tongue

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Yeah, but we have the guy that made that Richardson trade locked up in Berea right now! tongue

We can send him out on a mission as a mole smile

Browns is the Browns

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Hunt is first round talent, he has already proved it. This last episode has gone away already. The new CBA says weed won't be something you can get suspended for. For me it's a first rounder or nothing. I want to keep him, he is one of the best. Give him a full offseason with the team and 16 games and you will see his value.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
not to mention that we've only seen of him in Cleveland what Freddie was able to figure out.... and he only got a half season to show anything.

In every meaningful aspect (average production per touch), last year was by far his worst as a pro. I hope we get a chance to see him with a competent head coach, but I won't hold my breath.

Browns is the Browns

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Hunt The Player

Link Copied to Clipboard