Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
He’s not a scheme fit for the ZBS and you wonder if there’s more to the story than just a cap casualty ... but I’d at least think about it

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
He’s not a scheme fit for the ZBS and you wonder if there’s more to the story than just a cap casualty ... but I’d at least think about it

If he’s not a fit why think about it? Also, are you sure he isn’t a fit? I know next to nothing about him. I know that the Saints drafted the Ruiz kid from Michigan so maybe that is the reason he is expendable.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Jake Burns
@jake_burns18
·
2h
Don’t quite know if the scheme fit is there but he’s a quality Guard.

This is my reverse jinx.
Quote Tweet

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 3h
Source: The #Saints have cut guard Larry Warford, who will be one of the top FAs available.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't know much about the dude and I won't make stuff up, but I can tell you this.............New Orleans OL impressed me like no other this year.

M
Legend
Legend
M

I mean.....it is certainly worth a consideration. I suppose it depends on what Berry thinks of the current options we have now, specifically Teller and Forbes. Forbes had some hype to him before falling to injury.

I'd prefer Zeitler.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
We can only spend so much on the OL. We have 3 FA and a 1st round pick already on the OL. Unless Warford would be inexpensive, I just can't see them spending more there. Plus, we have several interesting candidates at the RG spot, in Forbes, Weller, and Nick Harris, who we drafted this year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V
LOL............this won't go over well, but I don't really care. I read this forum and it's like some posters think we need to have an All Pro at every offensive position just so Baker can be decent. The number of excuses for the guy are mind-boggling. One might think that it's the first overall pick who should be elevating the play of others, rather than the other way around.

And I know you love Baker, YTown...........but, my comment was not directed towards you.

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
This board is insane.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Agreed.

LOL...............you might be indicting me, but still, I agree. LOL

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Me thinks the Ravens will jump all over Warford - now that Yanda retired.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I will say this about Josh Rosen, as a player he has all the skills, as a person to lead a NFL team, there are problems that became apparent.

It is similar to a Manziel situation, except Rosen was a more prototypical QB.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Hammer
thats the rumor on Twitter based on Ingram’s comments

V
Legend
Legend
V

That would suck if the Ravens got Warford.

Legend
Legend

Warford was a ProBowler the last three years.

We have $39 mil in cap space. He could be signed for around $7. Sure take a look. Investigate.

If you can improve the team at reasonable cost why not?

You look at your plans for RG. You look ay Warford and determine if is a good move.

I would love to see a like type linebacker become available.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I certainly would look into it also. The O-line is the most important unit on the team. A strong O-line that can open holes for the running game and really protect the QB is invaluable. It can make an average QB look much better and keep a D off the field. We all have seen what an average or worse O-line can do to an offense. JMO

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm not understanding why people think Warford isn't a scheme fit for a ZBS when, AFAIK, New Orleans runs a ZBS and Warford was a Pro Bowler the last 3 years in that very system?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: bonefish

If you can improve the team at reasonable cost why not?

Exactly - I think the OL is plenty good right now - but if you can improve it at a reasonable cost then do it. And to be honest - we could do the same sort of thing we did with Conklin - good salary, big guarantee, short contract. Puts him back onto a contract close to his prime making it very attrctive for him, and frees us up to sign our young talent when the time is right.

Last edited by mgh888; 05/09/20 10:41 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
I'm not understanding why people think Warford isn't a scheme fit for a ZBS when, AFAIK, New Orleans runs a ZBS and Warford was a Pro Bowler the last 3 years in that very system?
I have also seen comments about us not wanting to invest too much into one position group .. but we’ll see

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

That would suck if the Ravens got Warford.
I agree

C
Legend
Legend
C
I have also seen comments about us not wanting to invest too much into one position group .. but we’ll see

Too late for that!

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Players likely to be cut

Some interesting LB names on there...not sure if any of them are a scheme fit. I have a feeling the Browns pick up someone from this list before the season starts to add some competition and a veteran to the LB group.

D
Legend
Legend
D
If they gave a trophy for most unused cap space, we'd be the freaking Patriots ... perennial champs. For me personally, the two units I don't mind being over-invested in are OL and DL.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
If they gave a trophy for most unused cap space, we'd be the freaking Patriots ... perennial champs. For me personally, the two units I don't mind being over-invested in are OL and DL.
we will certainly be paying Garrett very soon ... 25 million per season

C
Legend
Legend
C

Not coincidentally we would also win the trophy for worst drafting.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: OrangeCrush
Players likely to be cut

Some interesting LB names on there...not sure if any of them are a scheme fit. I have a feeling the Browns pick up someone from this list before the season starts to add some competition and a veteran to the LB group.

We would probably be able to trade for Avery Williamson from the Jets, but I'd be surprised if the Dolphins moved Raekwon McMillan (even if he only stays as a back up, he is cheap on the final year of his rookie deal).

Downside is, Williamson has had a high level of success (prior to last year's injury) as a 3-4 ILB.

I'd wouldn't be against randomly offering a 6th for McMillan though, just to see if the 'Phins would consider it. smile

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
LOL............this won't go over well, but I don't really care. I read this forum and it's like some posters think we need to have an All Pro at every offensive position just so Baker can be decent. The number of excuses for the guy are mind-boggling. One might think that it's the first overall pick who should be elevating the play of others, rather than the other way around.

And I know you love Baker, YTown...........but, my comment was not directed towards you.

thumbsdown Yep that is why us fans wish to get better talent... man get off the Baker crapola its nausiating and totally unfounded!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
You have a funny way of burying the hatchet. I thought you meant that we would try to let old differences go and try to treat each other civilly. Instead, your version of "burying the hatchet" is to place it directly in the back of my skull. Have a nice life, tab.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Can Clowney and Griffin just sign with someone already?

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Should he have prefaced with "this won't go over well, but I don't really care"?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
2nd String
2nd String
Larry Warford

Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 05/12/20 02:41 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree adding Peters would be smart.. depth.. experience.. rotate..

All upsides.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Perfect spot for Peters and Wills.

Peters to start and Wills to quickly succeed him.

Legend
Legend
We drafted as high as we did because we are prepared to start him day 1. He will have a very good, experienced LG in Bitonio next to him, and a good blocking TE in Hooper. (as well as us having 2 good blocking RBs, and I suppose a FB, as well)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I don't think we need him.

Robinson is the bar that has been set. As bad as he was last year, he wasn't terrible. I think Wills is better than Robinson right out of the gate. That's good enough, and he will get better as we go.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I am in the sign Peters camp.

I am not confident that Wills is simply going to step in and be as good as Peters day one.

I think he will get there, but he can use a little mentoring.

Joe might help for a while, but he isn't going to be there every day like a teammate is.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
J/c

If we can get Peters for 1-2 years I think we should do it. That 6th OL is so important ... and he’s one of the best. If we want Wills to make the transition, perhaps having him learn from Peters and Thomas .

We’ll see how serious we are about it

B
Legend
Legend
B
J/c

If we can get Peters for 1-2 years I think we should do it. That 6th OL is so important ... and he’s one of the best. If we want Wills to make the transition, perhaps having him learn from Peters and Thomas .

We’ll see how serious we are about it

I agree, and as I said, I like the idea of Joe helping the kid, but Joe isn't going to be there every day. Really teaching people takes more than a day or two here, a day or two there.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
We drafted as high as we did because we are prepared to start him day 1. He will have a very good, experienced LG in Bitonio next to him, and a good blocking TE in Hooper. (as well as us having 2 good blocking RBs, and I suppose a FB, as well)

We drafted Wills w/the 10th overall pick. I don't think a guy drafted that high [non-qb] should need time on the bench to learn.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Personally, I would rather sign Warford than Peters, but should we sign Peters, would Wills be on the bench or would he start at RG?

Curious, Is it an easier transition from RT to LT or from RT to RG?
It RT to RG is easier, that could explain the Peters possibility. Giving Wills an easier transition expecting there to be too little off season OTA's/training camp for him to make the more difficult transition.

Last edited by Jester; 05/13/20 08:13 AM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Free Agency Cont’d

Link Copied to Clipboard