Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
We disagree on who lost. That's fine.

I think Sashi was a moron for pulling the offer. The Browns lost big-time. It was one of many terrible decisions he made.

What is with all the Sashi-bashing tonight? The key word/words in the thread title is/are 'to be', not 'were'. Movin' on...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Oh, I see.

What does Hue have to do w/any of what we were discussing?

We're not really having a legit conversation. You are just looking to argue. Have a good night.

I was responding to this quote by you:

" It was one of many terrible decisions he made."

D
Legend
Legend
D
They were morons for making the initial statement .... spin it all u want Willie .... WE LOST ... I’m sure Mitch’s financial advisor has absorbed Mitch’s loss just fine .... We haven’t had a RT since he left ... and we just paid paid out the ying yang for one .... oh vey did we ever lose ...

Riddle me this Batman ....

If we were all about keeping our word with Mitch and slamming the door in his face .... what about us saying we were going to acquire and keep young talented football players ... we didn’t set a very good example on that one ... thumbsup

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Schwartz didn't lose in any sense of the word.

Except for what... a million dollars?

What do you think Schwartz would tell you if you could ask him? Do you think he'd waste even a second lamenting a million dollar loss if that meant he had remained with the Browns after everything that's happened over the last several years?

The notion is absurd. Sashi messed up. End of story. There's nothing else there.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
We disagree on who lost. That's fine.

I think Sashi was a moron for pulling the offer. The Browns lost big-time. It was one of many terrible decisions he made.

What is with all the Sashi-bashing tonight? The key word/words in the thread title is/are 'to be', not 'were'. Movin' on...

This is twice you have gotten on me about Sashi. Folks bash Hue all the time. Way more than Sashi. You don't say a word. It's amazing how people pick and choose what should be said and what shouldn't.

R
Legend
Legend
R
It's amazing how you remember who says what.

That must be very important to you.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
They were morons for making the initial statement .... spin it all u want Willie .... WE LOST ... I’m sure Mitch’s financial advisor has absorbed Mitch’s loss just fine .... We haven’t had a RT since he left ... and we just paid put the ting tang for one .... oh vey did we ever lose ...

Riddle me this Batman ....

If we were all about keeping our word with Mitch and slamming the door in his face .... what about us saying we were going to acquire and keep young talented football players ... we didn’t set a very good example on that one ... thumbsup

We made the BEST offer he would see...we told him that the offer was good right now...not later...only right now. He left anyway...and for less money.

We tried to keep young talent by paying him more money than ANYONE ELSE WOULD OFFER.

We didn't want to get "played". I've said a hundered times since that happened that it was a mistake to not take him back. That doesn't change the FACT that we offered him more than the rest of the NFL thought he was worth. THAT part is how you keep young talent.

V
Legend
Legend
V
It's amazing how you remember who says what.

That must be very important to you.

It's amazing that you point that out. It can't possibly be because they both happened today in the same thread. Perhaps, what I say must be very important to you? LOL........go away, Rish. I already ignored your absurd comment about Baker the person in the other thread. I'm not going to fight w/you. Have a good night.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

What do you think Schwartz would tell you if you could ask him? Do you think he'd waste even a second lamenting a million dollar loss if that meant he had remained with the Browns after everything that's happened over the last several years?

The notion is absurd. Sashi messed up. End of story. There's nothing else there.

That depends on what day you asked Schwartz that question. The day after he lost a million dollars plus is all that is relevant to this argument.

And yes...Sashi messed that up. Not sure how many more times I need to say that...but I'll keep saying that.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I wouldn't say what you say is important to me but I do find you interesting. If you ever got a lifetime ban, I don't think this place would be the same. It certainly wouldn't be as interesting.

D
Legend
Legend
D
*L* .... ya ... except we didn’t KEEP THE YOUNG TALENT .... u know ... the part that actually helps u win and is all that matters ....

INSTEAD ... we kept our word and slammed the door in his face ... BRILLIANT!!!!

U usually don’t pee in the wind ... why u doing it now ... naughtydevil ..

V
Legend
Legend
V
I will text you about that last comment. LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Folks bash Hue all the time. Way more than Sashi. You don't say a word.

It's quite simple...I didn't like the guy.

p.s. That was not directed explicitly at you; there were a few others.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
R
Legend
Legend
R

That depends on what day you asked Schwartz that question. The day after he lost a million dollars plus is all that is relevant to this argument.

Interesting way to frame the discussion.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
*L* .... ya ... except we didn’t KEEP THE YOUNG TALENT .... u know ... the part that actually helps u win and is all that matters ....

INSTEAD ... we kept our word and slammed the door in his face ... BRILLIANT!!!!

U usually don’t pee in the wind ... why u doing it now ... naughtydevil ..

We didn't 'slam the door in his face'. We made him the best offer he would see and said that it's good right now...if you leave without signing, it's off the table. That happens all the time in business.

He slammed the door in his own face...and we should have left that door ajar.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Folks bash Hue all the time. Way more than Sashi. You don't say a word.

It's quite simple...I didn't like the guy.

p.s. That was not directed explicitly at you; there were a few others.

That's fine that you didn't like him. Is it okay that I didn't like Sashi?

We disagree on who was more to blame. Is that okay?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Interesting way to frame the discussion.

I'd say 'interesting way to frame the particular question that was asked'.

My framing of the discussion would be that both sides made mistakes and both sides lost.

D
Legend
Legend
D
No ... he came back and wanted to talk again ... we then slammed the door in his face ..

We pulled the offer off the table ... and your suggesting we weren’t open to possibly paying him less ... Naaaa ....

I’m out Willie ... your being hard headed ... *L* ...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I agree... we committed Grand Theft!

The 3rd round compensatory pick we should get for Scho will be way better than he was.

I like the thought, but signing Conklin might off-set the loss.

I think it is balanced by contracts lost V contracts signed, or something like that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Just passing thru...

Calling Sashi an idiot or a moron shows me that some people still don't fully understand what we were doing. And that's ok.

All GM's make mistakes.

It's sorta hypocritical to call Sashi names, but praise Dorsey. They've both equally made mistakes.

It's obvious which parties are here to argue and some will even change their stance on topics just to argue with certain people.

It is certainly interesting.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
I wouldn't say what you say is important to me but I do find you interesting. If you ever got a lifetime ban, I don't think this place would be the same. It certainly wouldn't be as interesting.

Definitely something to this here. I would never expect a lifetime ban. 1 good football post supersedes 15 sophomoric posts.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
When it comes to contracts and player value, I don't think anyone in Cleveland was ever as good as Sashi at this. To solidify your point, Sashi was probably too good, which is probably why things went south with Schwartz.

I hope that's one thing Berry learned while he was here with him...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c,

Not this again! Good grief let it go already.

[Linked Image]

O
Legend
Legend
O
I wonder if Schwartz, the Super Bowl Champion, thinks he lost?

I wonder if Schwartz' financial planner thinks he lost?
After all, these guys are businessmen who sacrifice their bodies and brains for the almighty dollar.

Debatable, but I bet Sashi's financial planner thinks he lost. Sashi lost his lucrative job because Haslam couldn't stand the losing. You could make the argument that that losing is directly tied to the elite OL talent that walked.
The RT is still in the league, but the GM is not. Sure, Schwartz lost out on a couple bucks, but he's an elite talent... he had to have known he had another contract left in his career after the move to KC.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Sashi lost his lucrative job because Haslam couldn't stand the losing.

Pretty sure Haslam was still paying him after he was fired and now he is probably getting paid more to be the COO of an organization that owns three professional basketball teams.

He, and his financial planner, are probably quite alright.

Quote:
You could make the argument that that losing is directly tied to the elite OL talent that walked.

Ironically, offensive line transactions could be one of the reasons why Dorsey was let go.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Quote:
Sashi lost his lucrative job because Haslam couldn't stand the losing.

Pretty sure Haslam was still paying him after he was fired and now he is probably getting paid more to be the COO of an organization that owns three professional basketball teams.

He, and his financial planner, are probably quite alright.

Quote:
You could make the argument that that losing is directly tied to the elite OL talent that walked.

Ironically, offensive line transactions could be one of the reasons why Dorsey was let go.

Schwartz is still employed by an NFL team, one that just won a SB at that. Sashi was unceremoniously booted, and probably won't get another opportunity in the NFL. As silly as the argument might be, why is there even a question over who "won"?

Dorsey is irrelevant to this side conversation (though probably more relevant to the actual thread). Actually... did Dorsey sign Schwartz away from us?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Sashi was unceremoniously booted

So was Dorsey. What's your point?

Quote:
Dorsey is irrelevant to this side conversation (though probably more relevant to the actual thread). Actually... did Dorsey sign Schwartz away from us?

He did.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You'll never let it go while you point the finger at others at the same time.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You'll never let it go while you point the finger at others at the same time.

Clearly, you need to do a better job at following the thread/conversation.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh I followed it. Right to the bitter end.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Cards on the table... I had a much shorter and much more snarky response to your bringing Dorsey in to the convo prepped and ready to fly.

But then noticed that your reply really isn't any further from the actual thread topic than my post.

...throwing stones and glass houses and all....

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
When it comes to contracts and player value, I don't think anyone in Cleveland was ever as good as Sashi at this. To solidify your point, Sashi was probably too good, which is probably why things went south with Schwartz.

I hope that's one thing Berry learned while he was here with him...

Sashi rocked it with Kenny Britt & Jamie Collins ... he showed the rest of the league a thing or two about player value ...

Kudo’s to the Sashster on those two awesome value deals ... rofl ...

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Sashis record as GM is all you need to know
About his ability as a GM.
He made Dorsey's job that much harder and so forth
Sashi will go in NFL history as one of the worst
GMS ever.
And Cleveland sports history too.he might be worse than the GM under Ted Stephian.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Cards on the table... I had a much shorter and much more snarky response to your bringing Dorsey in to the convo prepped and ready to fly.

But then noticed that your reply really isn't any further from the actual thread topic than my post.

...throwing stones and glass houses and all....

Snarky is fine by me. The reason I brought Dorsey into this is because you referenced offensive line as a reason Sashi could have been fired. I noted the same could be said about Dorsey. But sure, if that warrants a snarky response, by all means, it's a free country.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I need to quit drinking ... for a hazy moment I thought I was back in 2016. Good grief.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Moves still to be made if I was GM:

Jadaveon Clowney DE/DL
Larry Warford RG
Clay Matthews III LB/PRS

T
Legend
Legend
T
Moves still to be made.

Bring back Jabrill Peppers,
Bring back Emmanuel Ogbah,
Bring back Joe Schobert. among others: Phil Dawson isn't coming back.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dave
Moves still to be made if I was GM:

Jadaveon Clowney DE/DL
Larry Warford RG
Clay Matthews III LB/PRS

I forgot to mention that we have $48-50M available cap space, and Vernon's $15M comes off next year. Assuming Clowney gets $18M, Warford gets $7M, and Matthews gets $2-3M, its should leave ample cap space to re-sign Myles Garrett to his mega contract next year.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Moves still to be made.

Bring back Jabrill Peppers,
Bring back Emmanuel Ogbah,
Bring back Joe Schobert. among others: Phil Dawson isn't coming back.

If the OBJ trade win/loss needed to be determined today, yes, give me Peppers and the first rounder. However, let's see how OBJ does in year two.

The return on the Ogbah trade was laughable.

The re-sign Schobert train boat sailed the minute we didn't offer him an extension last season. Joe is quoted saying as much.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 05/12/20 07:35 PM. Reason: boats sail, not trains.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
If the OBJ trade win/loss needed to be determined today, yes, give me Peppers and the first rounder. However, let's see how OBJ does in year two.

The return on the Ogbah trade was laughable.

The re-sign Schobert train boat sailed the minute we didn't offer him an extension last season. Joe is quoted saying as much.

You forgot to begin with "Once upon a time..."

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Moves Still to be Made

Link Copied to Clipboard