Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
Legend
Legend
L
I’m glad the refs deleted that cheap shot.

I bet you are too, Memphis.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I see they also deleted the other posts w/all the swear words. Well done. I'm guessing no one reported them earlier and that was the reason for the delay.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I saw them, but I don’t report nuthin to the fuzz wink

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
From NFL Now on @nflnetwork: 38-year-old Jason Peters has recently told friends if Tom Brady can play into his 40s, so can he. The #Eagles have remained in contact with him as other teams (@JamesPalmerTV mentioned the #Browns, #Jets and #Broncos) lurk.

@MikeGarafolo

I guess we are still in talks with Peters.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

I don't really care either way. But it is always nice to see you notify moderators on posts you are not comfortable with at a moments' notice.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can't believe you peeps are still at war over Sashi.

There is much bigger fish to fry.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez & Amazing.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
We just have to remember who brought Sashi into the thread. Who is the one who always brings up Sashi?

Those bringing up Sashi and "his record" are trying to instigate or never understood what was going on.

I mentioned Dorsey because there are actually people who foolishly believe he did a good job.

And yes, for the casual fan this is not important stuff.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Dude, you are hysterical. Every post you make is designed to discredit other posters or maybe even one poster. It's amazing how much energy you exert on trying to not allow for different opinions. I think different opinions are a good thing. Why can't you just state your case of why Sashi was so great and why Dorsey was so bad and why Baker is so great and leave it at that? Why must you spend so much time trying to make others look bad? It's a public message board. People are going to have different opinions on the team.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Dude, you are hysterical. Every post you make is designed to discredit other posters or maybe even one poster. It's amazing how much energy you exert on trying to not allow for different opinions. I think different opinions are a good thing. Why can't you just state your case of why Sashi was so great and why Dorsey was so bad and why Baker is so great and leave it at that? Why must you spend so much time trying to make others look bad? It's a public message board. People are going to have different opinions on the team.

Priceless.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D

Dude thinks Sashi cant get a job in the league cause he embarrassed all the other gm’s in the league by getting so much value in all his moves ...

That about says it all ... thumbsup

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
For all the Sashi homers, can they provide any proof that his moves as GM has paid off dividends. ?
I can't. At the end of the day its still a franchise that as yet to even reach .500.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
For all the Sashi homers, can they provide any proof that his moves as GM has paid off dividends. ?
I can't. At the end of the day its still a franchise that as yet to even reach .500.

Would you please first describe exactly what-is a Sashi homer? Is that someone who wants him back? Or who understands what he was trying to do in an environment of chaos doing a job he was never hired to do in the first place?

Also, please define what "paid off" means as far as the moves Sashi made. Do you credit or blsme him for how the assets he created were later used by his successor?

Just looking for a little perspective before watching the wretched beating of a dead horse.

We need a gif of Mason Rudolph re-starting the fight that Myles had ended.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper

An overheard conversation between Jimmy Hasslam and an unknown Sashi doubter..

Jimmy: "That nobody is Sashi Brown. He once was an associate of ours. They call him Baba Yaga"

Doubter: "The Boogeyman?"

Jimmy: "Well Sashi wasn't exactly the Boogeyman. He was the one you sent to kill the Boogeyman."

Doubter: "Oh..."

Jimmy: "Sashi is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will... something you know very little about. I once saw him kill a Hue Jackson trade in a bar with a pencil. With a ********... pencil. Then suddenly one day he asked to leave. It's over a woman, of course. So I made a deal with him. I gave him an impossible task. A job no one could have pulled off. The bodies he buried and the trades he made those years laid the foundation of what we are now. And then my son, a few days after his wife died, you steal his car and kill his dog."

What has Sashi Brown done for us? Dude, Sashi was the John Wick we needed in order to turn this thing around.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
Dude thinks Sashi cant get a job in the league cause he embarrassed all the other gm’s in the league by getting so much value in all his moves ...

These are lies.

Thanks.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

We need a gif of Mason Rudolph re-starting the fight that Myles had ended.

QFT

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

Dude, stop making fun of Sashi. He had an addiction he had to feed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V

I have no problem if he likes Sashi and wants to declare it. Like I said.......different opinions are good.

What bothers me is that this crap plays out over and over. I made several posts about the current discussion at the time. I never once mentioned device. He makes 3 posts in the last two days and all 3 of them were about me. The strategy is to get others to look unfavorably at a poster rather than have an actual discussion. The crap is old. I just came from the FA thread and tab is doing the same thing.

Different opinions are fine. The rest is childish and ruins discussions.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I feel like I've entered the twilight zone.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

No kidding.

I went back to see who brought Sashi into this and in what context. . . smh

D
Legend
Legend
D
I’m proud of u ... its been a few weeks since u stalked Vers ... Good Job ... thumbsup

M
Legend
Legend
M
I’m proud of u ... its been a few weeks since u stalked Vers ... Good Job ... thumbsup

Go away Diam. thumbsup Try posting a football take. I didn't mention anyone's name - but yes, it was. Thanks for verifying.

This discussion which is from 2016 is stupid. You acting like you are on a better side of the stupid discussion is misguided at best. Jumping on my post when I didn't mention anyone ... well apparently you like to comment on every post I make these days. Maybe I need to start with those childish posts about living rent free in your head.

Man there's mucho space here. I love it. thumbsup

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

I don't really care either way. But it is always nice to see you notify moderators on posts you are not comfortable with at a moments' notice.

As I stated in a post just before yours, I don’t notify the mods about anything. I don’t narc.

gmstrong

-----------------

D
Legend
Legend
D
U got me once again ... I’m stalking u .... *LOL* ....

U think this is an argument ... rofl ...

M
Legend
Legend
M
#rentfree.

Always nice to have these in depth discussions with you bro thumbsup

M
Legend
Legend
M
Forgot - DAAVID DAVID DAVID ! thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V

This will be my only post to you, 888, Memphis, Fate, and Rish on this particular subject. I did NOT mention your name one time. You made three posts in the last two days and ALL three were about me.

Go back into the thread and provide evidence where I was calling you out. You can't. I can point to your three posts from today and yesterday that were all about me. That's not the Twilight Zone. It's reality.

Legend
Legend

This will be my only post to you, 888, Memphis, Fate, and Rish on this particular subject. I did NOT mention your name one time. You made three posts in the last two days and ALL three were about me.

Go back into the thread and provide evidence where I was calling you out. You can't. I can point to your three posts from today and yesterday that were all about me. That's not the Twilight Zone. It's reality.

So why did you just mention mine? I haven't made a peep since you started your weekly beating of the Sashi horse?? In fact, I'm pretty sure I haven't responded to you in weeks.

Strange how all these imaginary rules work for you. You bring up my name, in a thread I haven't posted in, in a rant about people bringing up others names, while you complain that someone "called you out".

Yes, it truly is the Twilight Zone.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V

Dude lies constantly.

I never once said I didn't bring up Sashi. Yet, he throws it out there like I did. He does that crap all the time.

I said I never once mentioned device when I was posting earlier in the posts about Mack, Schwartz, and Sashi. I then said that device made 3 posts in the last two days. All 3 were about me.

device comes back w/something like he feels he is in the Twilight Zone. 888 brings up Sashi? WTH does that have to do w/what I said? Absolutely nothing, but that is how those guys "debate."

And I am not going to apologize for bringing up Sashi. When people are discussing why certain players were not retained, it's a logical step to talk about the FO. After all, they were part of the decision making.

Here is the key. They don't like hearing anything negative about Sashi, so they attack the poster if his name is brought up. Yet, they continually slam Hue and even make things up about him. I let all of that go......but sometimes, enough is enough!

M
Legend
Legend
M

Dude lies constantly.

I never once said I didn't bring up Sashi. Yet, he throws it out there like I did. He does that crap all the time.

I said I never once mentioned device when I was posting earlier in the posts about Mack, Schwartz, and Sashi. I then said that device made 3 posts in the last two days. All 3 were about me.

device comes back w/something like he feels he is in the Twilight Zone. 888 brings up Sashi? WTH does that have to do w/what I said? Absolutely nothing, but that is how those guys "debate."

And I am not going to apologize for bringing up Sashi. When people are discussing why certain players were not retained, it's a logical step to talk about the FO. After all, they were part of the decision making.

Here is the key. They don't like hearing anything negative about Sashi, so they attack the poster if his name is brought up. Yet, they continually slam Hue and even make things up about him. I let all of that go......but sometimes, enough is enough!

I do not lie constantly - but go ahead and make another deceitful post why don't you. I never claimed or impliedthat you didn't mention Sashi - but like your normal straw man stuff you are arguing against stuff that was never said or inferred.

As for "they don't like hearing anything negative about Sashi" - more of your agenda driven nonsense, like when you say posters don't put any blame on Baker for his performance ... which is simply not true.

Same old same old.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Going to go back to trying to ignore the bullcrap posts - but I will say there is ALWAYS one common denominator when posts get off track and people who normally tell others what to post and think and what they should or should not reply to ... In all these altercations and non-football posts and insults about"once upon a time" ....

Occam’s Razor tells indicates where the answer is.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm a believer in the common denominator principle.

That's like someone who continuously gets fired from jobs and it's always the boss's fault.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

All too often I log into the site and see 20 new posts on a thread and I think something happened, football-wise.

I imagine at some point I will be conditioned to realize that the odds of that being the reason for a slew of new posts are pretty small.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...Sashi was in over his head as a GM running the team but he did some good.

We had to rebuild and in the past we did half ars rebuilds. got to give him some credit he did a total rebuild. It got us Garret for the D and Baker for the O. It got us a tremendous Cap cache.

We opted for an experienced Football guy in Dorsey.

We all knew it was a dream situation for a GM - Dorsey was not perfect but he did a good job getting the talent here.

Lets hope 3rd time is a charm as we rebuild not total but in system with our new GM Berry and HC Ski. I think Berry in not the same situation that Dorsey was in draft picks and FA opportunities, has done a very good job. How good will be determined. I like his FA moves, they make sense and are good talent. Our draft picks were almost perfect for what we are looking to do. Our first 2 picks are solid. Who knows about the rest as the further you go in the draft the more its a crapshoot.

But it looks like they did their job.

Can't wait to see what Ski brings to the table. Its a difficult year with this Corona beer thing going on.

But because of the foundation that Sashi started theses are Brown's teams with actual talent and a shot to become competitive for years - unlike any team since our comeback in 1999.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
That's like someone who continuously gets fired from jobs and it's always the boss's fault.

That's an odd comment when people are discussing Sashi. Maybe some people can learn from that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
j/c

All too often I log into the site and see 20 new posts on a thread and I think something happened, football-wise.

I imagine at some point I will be conditioned to realize that the odds of that being the reason for a slew of new posts are pretty small.

Yep. Me too.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Regarding Warford, I know That some people have mentioned that the Saints run the Zone blocking scheme. However, isn’t that zone scheme different than the outside zone stretch that Stefanski would be running?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Regarding Warford, I know That some people have mentioned that the Saints run the Zone blocking scheme. However, isn’t that zone scheme different than the outside zone stretch that Stefanski would be running?

From what I have read, the Saints run a "Hybrid ZBS". I don't really know what that means, but I assume it means it contains elements of "Man" blocking schemes. Maybe one of the X's and O's guys here can expand on that.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks. My understanding is, while the entire zone blocking concept covers blocking an area vs a man, the added elements of the zone stretch that Shanahan, Kubiak, etc run is that its purpose is to center around actually having the line move in a rhythm where pass plays are based on play action, which creates a stretched out pocket (hence the name). This puts added emphasis on having an athletic line and is supposed to open up better throwing lanes for QBs.

My impression of the Saints blocking scheme is that it doesn’t necessarily incorporate the stretching element. I don’t know much about Warford, but perhaps he’s not an ideal fit for the added stretch element. Maybe someone who knows him better might be able to speak on that better.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Dave
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

From what I have read, the Saints run a "Hybrid ZBS". I don't really know what that means, but I assume it means it contains elements of "Man" blocking schemes. Maybe one of the X's and O's guys here can expand on that.

I'm not positive if this is what the Saints run. I'd have to sit down and closely watch a game. However, I can shed some light on the Hybrid ZBS.

I am going to assume a few things because we have talked about them before, but folks can ask questions if they forgot what we have talked about.

Man/Base/Gap blocking. This is one I'm assuming everyone knows. You want big, strong types who can physically dominate the guy closest to him.

Then, came Zone. The first ZBS's were all about area. They used smaller linemen who were more agile. This is the ZBS that I have referred to when comparing it to a synchronized swim team. All five guys do things together. Their movements are synchronized.

Some teams eventually found ways to exploit the smaller linemen, thus the Hybrid was developed. You try not to get locked into either system because defenses will eventually figure you out. You are primarily running zone, but implement elements of man/gap blocking.

Not sure if that is clear. Let me use a play to maybe help you visualize it. Let's say you are running your RB towards towards the 8 hole. Even numbers mean the play direction go to the right. Odd numbers mean the play the play direction goes left. So, let's keep it simple and leave out formations and all of that other stuff and just use these two numbers. BlahblahblahblahblahRip28. The Rip means the TE is lined up on the right side. The 2 is for your single back. The 8 is the hole, which is just outside the TE. O is over center, 2 between C and RG, etc, etc

Okay......here is what your linemen might do in that particular play. The LT opens up w/his left foot moving back and is area blocking. He is protecting against the back being chased down from behind.

The LG pulls and tries to turn up field once he gets to the 8 hole. However, if a defender crosses his face before he gets to the hole, he has to block him. The center will chip the DT to his right and try and work to the second level, although in some designs the RG does that. But, to keep it simple, the RG and RT work to get to the outside shoulder of the of the defender who might be able to pursue down the line and make the tackle.

Thus, you can see that this simple play has elements of both Man/Gap blocking and Angle Zone.

Not sure if I was clear, but I am always willing to answer questions. If I don't know the answer, I will say so.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Always enjoy reading your intelligent takes 05. Wish you would post more.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Moves Still to be Made

Link Copied to Clipboard