Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
GMdawg #1845318 01/27/21 02:26 PM
Legend
Legend
J/c

Anybody in Ohio that is an educator that’s received their vaccine yet? Is it done by county?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
GMdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
It was that way for me too. Sadly she’s been given the run around by the Oregon Health Authority.

Well just let me know who's lawn I need to take a crap on. You and your much better half are being screwed over.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1845347 01/27/21 04:08 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
It was that way for me too. Sadly she’s been given the run around by the Oregon Health Authority.

Well just let me know who's lawn I need to take a crap on. You and your much better half are being screwed over.

I wouldn’t expect you to travel... COVID and all... but you can send a bag of poo if I can find the address of the responsible party.
I’m trying to use my contacts in the city to find a route for her to get a second dose. I may be able to squeeze her into a local nursing facility’s staff second dose cycle. It’d just be a week to ten days later than she’s supposed to get hers. But better late than never I guess.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Is there a window you should/shall hit, in terms of timing the second dose?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Pfizer is 21 days.
Moderna is 28.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
But that's the suggested interval, right? What happens if you wait 22 days? 40 days?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-an...vid-19-vaccines

TLDR, follow the dosing schedules because we said so.

They don't have the data to be able to recommend anything other then what was originally indicated. I would assume that would be part of the clinical trial or postmarket surveillance.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
But that's the suggested interval, right? What happens if you wait 22 days? 40 days?

You turn into a pumpkin after midnight. Don’t believe me... bibitybobbityboo!

[Linked Image]
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

There is not near enough testing to know....

~Lyuokdea
B
Legend
Legend
B
Good luck to those seeking getting your second shot. My girlfriend got her first a couple weeks back. She’s still struggling to find a place to get her second. She’s got about 7 more days to find one before she’s at her 21 days post the first. She’s had no luck and most reports are telling her that she’ll be lucky to find a place in time. Absolutely ridiculous it’s going this way.

Sorry to hear that. I had a feeling this could become a cluster in the initial phase of this rollout. It almost has to be a trial by error. Hopefully it gets squared away as we learn from our mistakes.

I will think positive....your wife will find out in the next few days where she goes to get her 2nd shot.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

WTF is going on out there? I'm pretty sure it's mandatory here to set your appointment for the second shot when you receive your first. My mother in law just got her shot at Kroger yesterday and they scheduled her second one It's a crock that they didn't give your gf an opportunity to schedule the second appointment. At my place, we had to commit to both appointments before even receiving the first shot. I just received my second Moderna shot this morning.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
My girlfriend got hers done at essentially a ‘pop up’ clinic done in conjunction with a local hospital. They didn’t set her up with a follow up date. They just gave her a number to call and a website to visit to “get signed up for your next”... both have been dead ends. It’s basically where everyone is going to jump on any opportunities that pop up. It’s where I found my opportunity too. Only mine was run by the three biggest local hospital systems. I got the Moderna, unlike her. But at least with mine I was given a follow up date. Only time will tell if they have them for me when I show up. Or if there’s anyone/anything even there. I’m holding out hope for myself. I’m struggling to find hope for her situation. As is she.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Good luck. I was talking to one of the pharmacists today about the planning for this. One thing he brought up that may be of interest to you is that we and our sister facilities are doing the injections daily by appointment. By early afternoon, they can tell if they are going to have leftover vaccines due to no shows, near expirations and whatnot. They have been allowing walk-ins for employees that havn't scheduled an appointment. He said it's getting to the point where most of the employees have received their first vaccinations, and they are discussing whether to allow walk-ins for family members rather than just wasting the excess. If you know someone that's connected with the process at some of your larger nearby facilities, it might be worth checking out. We are also vaccinating EMT's and other frontline workers that aren't directly employed by us. I don't know how priorities are set up in Oregon, but here we have phases. Frontline workers are in phase 1a and have priority. We've already moved on to phase 1b.

For anybody here in Ohio that's interested, here's the scoop so far. Some counties have pre-registration pages, and the pharmacist told me that they are definitely giving priority to those people that signed up and will continue to do so.

Quote:
COVID-19 Vaccine Fact Sheet

Priority Populations and Vaccine Distribution
Ohio has started distributing safe, effective COVID-19 vaccines statewide to those who choose to be vaccinated.
The COVID-19 vaccine
development process included steps comparable with those used to develop previous vaccines, such as the flu or measles vaccine.
As COVID-19
vaccines progressed through the thorough process to obtain emergency use authorization (EUA) from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA),
the state began strategically and thoughtfully distributing the vaccines to Ohioans most at risk. This distribution is being guided by
recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and the
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM).
Ohio’s Phased Approach
Ohio’s goals are clear: to save lives and get students back in schools. While vaccine supply is limited, Ohio will follow a phased approach to
vaccine administration. In the first vaccination phase, priority will be given to individuals at the highest risk, as well as essential healthcare workers
and personnel caring for COVID-19 patients. The speed at which Ohio will move through the phases is largely dependent upon the number of
vaccine doses available. As supply increases, COVID-19 vaccines will be available to all Ohioans who choose to be vaccinated.
• Phase 1 (Supply Limited) – Vaccine is available in limited supply and will be available only for specific critical populations. Ohio will
focus on vaccinating those most at risk, as well as essential healthcare workers and personnel caring for COVID-19 patients.
• Phase 2 (Supply Increasing) – Vaccine availability is increasing and can be offered to a larger group of specific critical populations who
choose to be vaccinated.
• Phases 3-4 (Widely Available) – Once the vaccine is widely available, Ohio will continue to strategically vaccinate Ohioans if they
choose to receive vaccine.
Phase 1A
During Phase 1A, which began December 14, 2020, priority was given to vulnerable individuals who live in close proximity and those who care for
them:
• Healthcare workers and personnel who are routinely involved in the care of COVID-19 patients.
• Residents and staff in nursing homes.
• Residents and staff in assisted living facilities.
• Patients and staff at state psychiatric hospitals.
• People with developmental disabilities and those with mental health disorders, including substance use disorders, who live in group homes,
residential facilities, or centers, and staff at those locations.
• Residents and staff at our two state-run homes for Ohio veterans.
• EMS responders.
Phase 1B
During Phase 1B, the focus will continue to offer protection to those at high risk and have K-12 students back in the classroom by March 1. This
phase will specifically include:
• Ohioans, age 65 and up.
• Ohioans with severe congenital, developmental, or early-onset, and inherited conditions including cerebral palsy; spina bifida; severe
congenital heart disease requiring hospitalization within the past year; severe type 1 diabetes requiring hospitalization within the past year;
inherited metabolic disorders including phenylketonuria; severe neurological disorders including epilepsy, hydrocephaly, and microcephaly;
severe genetic disorders including Down syndrome, fragile X syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, Turner syndrome, and muscular dystrophy;
severe lung disease, including asthma requiring hospitalization within the past year, and cystic fibrosis; sickle cell anemia; and alpha and
beta thalassemia; and solid organ transplant patients. If people believe they fit in this category, they should contact their local board of
developmental disabilities, which will help coordinate vaccinations.
• Adults/employees in K-12 schools that want to go back to, or to remain with, in-person or hybrid learning models.
Vaccinations in Phase 1B began the week of January 19. Governor DeWine announced a tiered system for offering vaccinations to the estimated 2.2
million people who are eligible for the vaccine under this phase, beginning with those who are 80 or older. When a new age group begins, vaccinations
may not be complete for the previous age group. It will take a number of weeks to distribute all of the vaccine given the limited doses available.
• Jan. 19, 2021 – Ohioans 80 years of age and older.
• Jan. 25, 2021 – Ohioans 75 years of age and older; those with a developmental or intellectual disability AND one of the conditions: cerebral
palsy; spina bifida; severe congenital heart disease requiring hospitalization within the past year; severe type 1 diabetes requiring
hospitalization within the past year; inherited metabolic disorders including phenylketonuria; severe neurological disorders including epilepsy,
hydrocephaly, and microcephaly; severe genetic disorders including Down syndrome, fragile X syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, Turner
syndrome, and muscular dystrophy; severe lung disease, including asthma requiring hospitalization within the past year, and cystic fibrosis;
sickle cell anemia; and alpha and beta thalassemia; and solid organ transplant patients. If Ohioans feel they fit into this category, and have
not been contacted about scheduling, they should follow-up with their local board of developmental disabilities.
o Local boards of developmental disabilities will reach out to those they know qualify under this eligibility category to coordinate
vaccinations. These boards will work with children’s hospitals and some local health departments on scheduling. Only those
individuals in this population that work with their local developmental disabilities board will be eligible for vaccination at this time.
o The vaccinations for Ohioans in this category will only be given at Local Health Departments or participating Children’s Hospitals in
conjunction with the local boards of developmental disabilities. Ohioans in this category should not go to their local
pharmacies for scheduling or vaccination.
• Feb. 1, 2021 – Ohioans 70 years of age and older; employees of K-12 schools that wish to remain or return to in-person or hybrid models.
• Feb. 8, 2021 – Ohioans 65 years of age and older.
• Feb. 15, 2021 – Ohioans with severe congenital, developmental, or early-onset, and inherited conditions including cerebral palsy; spina
bifida; severe congenital heart disease requiring hospitalization within the past year; severe type 1 diabetes requiring hospitalization within
the past year; inherited metabolic disorders including phenylketonuria; severe neurological disorders including epilepsy, hydrocephaly, and
microcephaly; severe genetic disorders including Down syndrome, fragile X syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, Turner syndrome, and
muscular dystrophy; severe lung disease, including asthma requiring hospitalization within the past year, and cystic fibrosis; sickle cell
anemia; and alpha and beta thalassemia; and solid organ transplant patients.
o Please note: Information is still forthcoming regarding those who have a qualifying congenital, early-onset, or inherited
condition (without a developmental or intellectual disability) who will begin being vaccinated on Feb. 15.
Vaccine recipients must be age 16 or older to be eligible for the Pfizer vaccine, and age 18 or older to be eligible for the Moderna vaccine.
How To Find a Vaccine Provider
Ohioans should check the websites of their local health departments and EMAs to learn more about vaccinations in their community or to sign up to
receive updates from the local health department. Groups defined by age will receive the vaccine from local health departments, hospitals, federallyqualified health centers, as well as some retail pharmacies. Providers for other audiences are yet to be announced. A statewide Vaccine Provider
Locations search is available at vaccine.coronavirus.ohio.gov, allowing Ohioans to search by county, and ZIP code to find a provider in their area to
administer the vaccine.
Future Phases
The vaccine distribution plan for future priority populations are still under development and will be shared publicly once finalized. As more information
becomes available on who can receive the vaccine and when they can receive the vaccine, we will communicate this information publicly through the
news media and share information at coronavirus.ohio.gov/vaccine.
The vaccine has been shown to prevent COVID-19 and to decrease the severity of illness in people who catch the virus that causes the disease.
Vaccinating a significant portion of Ohioans will help prevent serious hospitalizations and deaths.
Using all the tools available to help prevent the spread of the virus continues to be critical until a substantial number of Ohioans can be vaccinated.
Continuing to wear masks that cover the mouth and nose and social distance will reduce your chance of being exposed to or spreading the virus.
Proper prevention measures, coupled with the vaccine will provide the best protection from COVID-19.
Updated Jan. 26, 2021.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
GMdawg #1845459 01/28/21 06:22 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
As I see it, the problem is having enough staff to give the injections and file the paperwork. It has to be a major administrative nightmare.

Maybe for Portland or someone else with knowledge, how hard is to give an injection? People needing insulin give their own shots all the time.

With modern delivery methods, is it not more or less impossible to to inject air in to the system?

As a kid, I would see the Dr. hold the syringe upright, tap it with a finger a few times to get the air bubble to the top, then depress the syringe enough to get a flow of the liquid out of the needle. They don't do that any more.

I am not suggesting we go to a self injecting system, but it seems to me we could train a few more people to do it in short order. Swab the arm, stick it in....boom, slap on a band-aid .

Now if supply is the issue, then it is what it is and will become a political play for more vaccine when available.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I used to work for a startup that is developing a disposable infusion pump that can be used by a lay-person. It can help the patient transfer the medication from the vial to the pump, and then when placed on the correct site, it will infuse the volume you've put in the pump (doesn't measure) subcutaneously (just under the skin).

While the company itself being a 2000's-Browns-esque dumpster fire doesn't help, they have been developing this device for almost 8 years. A good amount of this development work has been on the Human Factors side (do people understand how to correctly use the device, and then can they correctly use the device, etc).

So to answer your question... there's quite a bit that would go into allowing any and all patients to inject themselves.

-PrplPplEater
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

New York COVID-19 nursing home deaths undercounted by as much as 50%, state AG investigation finds

David Robinson
New York State Team
link

ALBANY, N.Y. – A probe by the New York Attorney General's Office found COVID-19 deaths of nursing home residents in the state may have been undercounted by as much as 50% as poor infection-control practices and understaffing fueled the coronavirus crisis inside the long-term care facilities.

The bombshell investigation reported the state Department of Health's controversial policy to only publicly report COVID-19 deaths of residents inside nursing homes and withhold deaths of residents transferred to hospitals hindered attempts to improve conditions inside the facilities.

The true COVID-19 death toll of New York nursing home residents is closer to 13,000, as opposed to the 8,677 reported to date by the state Department of Health, according to the investigation's findings.

“As the pandemic and our investigations continue, it is imperative that we understand why the residents of nursing homes in New York unnecessarily suffered at such an alarming rate,” Attorney General Letitia James said in a statement.

“While we cannot bring back the individuals we lost to this crisis, this report seeks to offer transparency that the public deserves and to spur increased action to protect our most vulnerable residents," she added.

The investigation also revealed that nursing homes’ lack of compliance with infection-control protocols put residents at increased risk of harm, and facilities that had lower pre-pandemic staffing ratings had higher COVID-19 fatality rates.

Based on the findings and subsequent investigation, James is conducting ongoing investigations into more than 20 nursing homes whose reported conduct during the first wave of the pandemic presented particular concern.

State Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker has refused to release the number of nursing home residents who died due to COVID-19 after being transferred to a hospital, which experts suggested could add thousands of deaths.

Zucker pledged in August to release the information once it could be confirmed as accurate, but that has not happened.

Coronavirus updates:Rate of new infections falls sharply; Michael Strahan reportedly tests positive.

Due to recent changes in state law, it remains unclear to what extent facilities or individuals can be held accountable if found to have failed to appropriately protect the residents in their care, James said.

On March 23, Gov. Andrew Cuomo and lawmakers created limited immunity provisions for health care providers relating to COVID-19. James said.

The Emergency Disaster Treatment Protection Act provides immunity to health care professionals from potential liability arising from certain decisions, actions and omissions related to the care of individuals during the COVID-19 pandemic.

While it is reasonable to provide some protections for health care workers making impossible health care decisions in good faith during an unprecedented public health crisis, it would not be appropriate or just for nursing homes owners to interpret the action as providing blanket immunity for causing harm to residents, James said.

James recommended eliminating the newly enacted immunity provisions to ensure no one can evade potential accountability.

Follow reporter David Robinson on Twitter:@DrobinsonLoHud

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
Ok just how many of you know somebody who died, or was seriously effected by covid-19? I am hoping to get a honest account from my Browns brothers.

I don't know anyone personally who has died from covid nor even caught it. However, we do have about two dozen people where I work at (Amazon/Euclid) who have tested positive, but no deaths there from it, thank God.

Update: I'm guessing now we've had at least 60 to 75 people who've tested positive at work, a few who I know (a lotta people work there). My one coworker who got it told me he had to be hospitalized for a day. He said, "I'm 51 years old and that's the sickest I've ever been." Kinda scary.

Legend
Legend
'China rolls out anal swab coronavirus test, saying it’s more accurate than throat method'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asi...9524_story.html

saywhat

mac #1845750 01/29/21 01:30 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
The true COVID-19 death toll of New York nursing home residents is closer to 13,000, as opposed to the 8,677 reported to date by the state Department of Health, according to the investigation's findings.

“As the pandemic and our investigations continue, it is imperative that we understand why the residents of nursing homes in New York unnecessarily suffered at such an alarming rate,” Attorney General Letitia James said in a statement.

Pretty sure we already understand how they unnecessarily suffered.... it was at the hands of the guy who was on CNN 4 times a week bragging to his brother about what a phenomenal job he was doing.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
Is and was are two different words with totally different meanings.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Pretty sure we already understand how they unnecessarily suffered.... it was at the hands of the guy who was on CNN 4 times a week bragging to his brother about what a phenomenal job he was doing.

...ad naseum.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
'China rolls out anal swab coronavirus test, saying it’s more accurate than throat method'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asi...9524_story.html

saywhat

I sure hope they’re good about changing out the swabs.

“Oh, whoops, sorry that was a swab from the last test. Too bad you opted for the throat version.”

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If you insist upon taking both tests, be mindful about the order in which these tests are taken...

-just sayin'

"too many notes, not enough music-"
GMdawg #1846311 02/01/21 02:04 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Little scary news today. My son, who had covid in the late summer / early fall, just had to be swabbed again today because he is presenting symptoms again. Now we wait.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hoping for the best OCD.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
GMdawg #1846325 02/01/21 03:04 PM
Legend
Legend
Ok just how many of you know somebody who died, or was seriously effected by covid-19? I am hoping to get a honest account from my Browns brothers.

My uncle passed away this weekend, due to Covid. He was 79 and in a nursing home, had Parkinson's really bad. Awesome uncle, spend many holidays together with him and our families since I was about 5 years old. R.I.P.

GMdawg #1846334 02/01/21 03:31 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Was "driveway to driveway" BS-in with my neighbor a day or 3 ago. Approx 3 weeks ago their house seemed "shut down". I thought they went to his mom and dad's condo down in Florida as they annually do.

Me....."Saw your house shut down a week or so ago. You guys go down to your mom and dad's condo"?

Him....."No, we all had Covid".

He and his wife.....early 40's. 4 children ages from 18yo down to 7yo.

All ok/recovered. He said it hit the 7yo the hardest.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sorry to hear that. Prayers for you and your family.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Little scary news today. My son, who had covid in the late summer / early fall, just had to be swabbed again today because he is presenting symptoms again. Now we wait.

I hope and pray it's not a reinfection, but if so that he gets thru it with few symptoms.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

My thought and prayers are with your family.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
GMdawg #1846514 02/03/21 09:54 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Son's test results came back positive for covid. He has now had it twice. This time he is having a much rougher go with headaches and fever. Thankfully his breathing is good.

GMdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So sorry to hear this bro. frown

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I pray for a mild illness and a full, speedy recovery OCD.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sorry to hear this. I hope he comes through with only mild symptoms.

#gmstrong
GMdawg #1846576 02/03/21 04:19 PM
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
jc

My mother in law just got admitted to the hospital, now she's hooked up to a ventilator but is in decent spirits. Started seeing symptoms two weeks ago, this past weekend things got worse and she could barely breathe. Not sure of all the details, but along with those symptoms she also has some infection in her blood.

She's 45, no prior health issues, and is in relatively good shape. Does kickboxing 3-4 times a week.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly hope things work out for the best.

#gmstrong
GMdawg #1846588 02/03/21 05:32 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Prayers for your son, OCD, and your MIL TI84.

Legend
Legend
Prayers and hope that she gets through this with a full recovery.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
GMdawg #1846609 02/03/21 07:57 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

QUICK QUESTION for the medical pros of the board:

My son had verified antibodies from the first time he contracted covid. Somebody from his church reached out early on after he had covid and asked him to consider donating plasma to help other people with severe cases recover. So he looked into it and he and his wife have been donating plasma once or twice a week since then. I know his heart is in the right place with helping others but they have also been paid $100 per donation for the plasma with covid antibodies which kept them dedicated...

My question is, with him getting covid a second time (I haven't heard of this with anyone else) is it because he weakened his own immunity donating plasma? Or is it more likely a mutated strain? I'm just trying to make sense of this and how it happened.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... New covid topic

Link Copied to Clipboard