Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think the earliest we'll find out is tomorrow (?).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Chadillac
If true, someone is getting cut.

Browns are planning to sign OL Hjalte Froholdt to their 53-man roster off the Texans practice squad pending physical, per source. Cleveland looking to bolster OL depth sooner rather than later as it preps for a January run.

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1445429505879908354?s=20

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/browns-reportedly-signing-froholt

Browns Reportedly Signing Hjalte Froholdt From Texans Practice Squad, Placing Nick Harris on IR

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
well, if The Dane works out, this is a fair swap.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
"Froholdt began playing football in his native Denmark for the Svendborg Admirals. After spending his sophomore year as an exchange student at a high school in Warren, Ohio, he returned to Denmark and played for the Søllerød Gold Diggers during his junior year.[2] He then attended IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, his senior year before signing to play with the University of Arkansas.[3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hjalte_Froholdt

So, he's got a local connection, too!
Big dude, long reach. 6'5", 308lbs
Second Team All-SEC in 2018 with the Razorbacks
I like it.... perhaps he grows into Bitonio's replacement.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Imagine how much it would suck as a player to go from the Browns to the Texans right now.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Nobody bats 1.000

If Nick Harris doesn't round out into Tretter's heir, then Berry will cross that bridge when he gets to it. They've seemed to hit on enough guys (both draft and pro) to gain and keep my confidence. They've also shown that they're not afraid to challenge 'their' guys and cut them loose if the situation indicates (Weaver, Parkey are examples off the top of my head).

They definitely don't seem to make knee-jerk moves. It seems (to me) they don't like to cut talented guys loose unless they're sure.

Don't get me wrong. I am not looking to get rid of Berry and crew...lol I am just saying I am a little concerned we have a future void on the roster in those areas.

Hey, at least we are hitting our top picks and seem to do a good job on the waiver wire, so no, it isn't time to toss things to the junk heap.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Imagine how much it would suck as a player to go from the Browns to the Texans right now.

Probably not much for a guy on the practice squad to a active roster. I think the pay difference and a chance to establish yourself would sooth things over.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Willies retired in training camp.

I see no way that LeCounte would be exposed to waivers, because the only real reason he fell in the draft was that teams worried that he might never recover from his accident. Preseason showed that he was recovered. It is only our depth that is keeping him off the field right now. I am pretty sure the team has plans for him when Harrison becomes a free agent next year.

I agree. LeCounte is a good player. Had some car not rammed him in a parking lot while on his more or less scooter, he might have found the bottom of the 1st round.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Nick Harris is going on the DL

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Nobody bats 1.000

If Nick Harris doesn't round out into Tretter's heir, then Berry will cross that bridge when he gets to it. They've seemed to hit on enough guys (both draft and pro) to gain and keep my confidence. They've also shown that they're not afraid to challenge 'their' guys and cut them loose if the situation indicates (Weaver, Parkey are examples off the top of my head).

They definitely don't seem to make knee-jerk moves. It seems (to me) they don't like to cut talented guys loose unless they're sure.

Exactly.

In past years I would worry the idiots we had running the show would do something stupid all the time.

Now I assume they will do what makes the most sense 100% of the time.

I sleep better knowing this and it's heartening to me to see others express their confidence in our leadership as well.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
O
Legend
Legend
O
My bad, I didn't mean to suggest you were saying to get rid of them.

I meant that if they're not worried about it, then I'm not worried about it. They've had an absolutely phenomenal success rate with Olinemen, in particular (from Berry to Callahan).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Which raises the question: How do we know that they are not worried about it?

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
B
Legend
Legend
B
Worried enough we just signed a player off of the Texans practice squad.

Maybe not that act so much, but we will see if Hariss' IR due to a hamstring issue turns in to a season ending issue.

A "good" player probably wouldn't go on to IR for the season at this point in the season, so we will see how that turns out.

The above comment is prefaced by it being a hamstring pull type injury and not something more serious. Even if it was a 6-7 week type injury I doubt a "good" player would be put up for the year with possibly 6-7 games left during what should probably be a playoff push.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Jester
They haven't invested in another center.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B

Maybe, maybe not. I think Hance and a few others might be viewed as such, but we haven't drafted or signed a traditional center.

I think we might see one on the draft board next year.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Peen, in season IR is only 3 weeks, not season ending. (they changed the rule)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend

I think he was talking in terms of if we see Harris disappear for the year and not come back that it would be indicative of how they feel.

The thing is, unless they're unsure of how they feel and just want to keep him through camp next year, I don't think Berry would have any issues at all with just waiving him and bringing in another guy if he thought he was better (as long as he fits the Cap). I truly don't believe Berry gets hung up on the ego thing of "he's my guy, so we're holding onto him". He knows he's going to whiff on some picks and expects that. These guys running our team are mature and intelligent; they're not the egomaniac children we've had in the past.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Maybe they have been looking but haven't found anybody that they like for the right price. Or perhaps they are planning to target center in free agency. Or perhaps they are happy with Harris' development.

Point is, we just don't know what they are thinking. Which is a good thing. in the past we have had too many leaks for my comfort.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Harris, outside of pre-season and stuff, has only filled in at guard (I think there was a brief couple plays where he had to come in for Tretter (vs Cinci last year?)). I think his play at guard is a data-point only, in that the main reason he's on the roster is to be Tretter's backup and replacement.

Just clarifying my stance.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B

I know. Let's see if he is ready to play or if we need to keep him on longer, again, or put him on the shelf.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Harris, outside of pre-season and stuff, has only filled in at guard (I think there was a brief couple plays where he had to come in for Tretter (vs Cinci last year?)). I think his play at guard is a data-point only, in that the main reason he's on the roster is to be Tretter's backup and replacement.

Just clarifying my stance.

If I remember the scouting report on him when we drafted him, it said that he was good at center at UW but below average at OG

B
Legend
Legend
B
I didn't even think Harris was ever considered a guard.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He played a couple games there at UW. Not sure but think that it was his freshman year. Regardless, he didn't do well at OG.

With the Browns he played some OG when he got the chance to play.

He was never considered an OG. He was always considered a center who could hopefully back up at OG.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

Joe Jackson released...E Lee back on the 53.

I wonder-if/hope Odenigbo is the reason Joe got the axe. It'll be interesting to see if he gets back to our PS and the status of Porter Gustin.

Weird cut in a week where Garrett, Clowney and Takk are all dinged up...even if just a bit.

T
Legend
Legend
T

It used to be, a team could only bring one guy back, and they changed that too, iirc. during 2020 because of covid, and decided to bring it back for good, (so far) and not because covid, but because it worked, folks seemed to like it, and they didn't feel it was being abused. (unlimited number, I think is the current rule, can return after 3 weeks,... no, the unlimited number, I'm recalling is practice squad pull ups to the 53,
the returning from IR, iirc. is greater than 1, but I'm not sure if it's unlimited, .. or in the 5 ish range.)

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Early season roster bubbles?

Link Copied to Clipboard