Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Legend
Legend
D
Didn't there used to be a "Links" button for easy access to Browns.com, The Plain Dealer, and a couple other media sites?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by cfrs15
💩

First poop emoji ever

There goes the neighborhood.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: TTTDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by FATE
We even support emojis from the phone, now
If you're talking about your previous post, it shows up as three small squares on my screen...

Interesting. What browser are you using?

For the record, it is 3 emojis posted from my phone, and I can view them fine in Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop.
Emojis are part of the extended character sets these days, like special letters & numbers, so any browser that supports those *should* display them.
Chrome... This laptop also still has windows 7.

It's weird because yours are squares, Graff's are squares, but cfrs poop emoji shows up fine?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Legend
Legend
D
I have an Win 7 laptop also. When I use the IE browser, Twitter posts don't show up, but when I switch to Firefox they do. I suppose at some point I'll have to switch to the Win 10 laptop I have, but I hate Windows 10 very much, so I'm avoiding the switch.

Edit: BTW, I see the emojis, but I would rather I couldn't. I'm an anti-emojite.

Last edited by Dave; 10/18/21 11:39 AM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
FYI: Windows 11 is out.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
We even support emojis from the phone, now
If you're talking about your previous post, it shows up as three small squares on my screen...

Interesting. What browser are you using?

For the record, it is 3 emojis posted from my phone, and I can view them fine in Chrome on my Windows 10 laptop.
Emojis are part of the extended character sets these days, like special letters & numbers, so any browser that supports those *should* display them.
Chrome... This laptop also still has windows 7.

It's weird because yours are squares, Graff's are squares, but cfrs poop emoji shows up fine?

My guess is that something with Windows 7 just doesn't fully recognize the 'utf8mb4' characterset. I don't know that there is anything to be done about that.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dave
I have an Win 7 laptop also. When I use the IE browser, Twitter posts don't show up, but when I switch to Firefox they do. I suppose at some point I'll have to switch to the Win 10 laptop I have, but I hate Windows 10 very much, so I'm avoiding the switch.

Edit: BTW, I see the emojis, but I would rather I couldn't. I'm an anti-emojite.

IE security settings on Javascript are probably set too high to allow the embed code to run.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
FYI: Windows 11 is out.

I haven't tried it, yet, but I attempted to put Server 2022 on the new server and couldn't. They cut ties with a lot of older hardware; I suspect they're doing similar with Win 11.

Browns is the Browns

D
Legend
Legend
D
What fresh hell will Windows 11 bring us, I wonder?

1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend
Much like the team we all love and follow, it won't be any new Hells, just refreshed and rehashed versions of all the Hells we've known so far.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: AZBrown
T
Legend
Legend
T
So while scrolling I noticed one (left side box which includes screen name and info), was wider and started as if there were a tab used to make it wider, so I scrolled up, it was memphisbrownie, and his whole name appeared without the (slide left to right)
and it; s< ---14 characters long some other names 13 characters had the slider, ytownbrownsfan.
Also noticed, the location, (where are you from, location), in Memphis" , was compound worded and appeared to maybe be the reason the box was longer. So, I'm wondering if someone who didn't want the slider in their screen name, if they changed their location of what city they are from, from like, Cleveland, to a version with multiple words and longer scroll, if that would widen their name box and make room for their entire screen name to fit, without the (slider left to right).
example, change location from Snapple
to. Snapple made from the blah stuff

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
well, you can try it.
Whether or not the username fits depends on the screen size you are viewing from, so you could also just get a larger screen to solve the problem with the added benefit of making everything else more viewable.

I have put in a minor workaround or two, one being that I added NOWRAP to the username which now adds a scrollbar if the username is too long. I just need to take that away. The other was that I actually specified the width of that area as a percentage of viewport width, and that fixes the issue on most all screens, but the simple fact is that on some screens nothing is going to matter and things are going to wrap, so I will likely reduce that width as well, afterall the main point is what's to the right of the username box, not the username box.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
the domain is no SSL

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Legend
Legend
It has never had SSL in the 15 years we've been here.

But, that's coming next. There were enough moving parts without dealing with that.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Just throw a free one on it. pm me if you need help/never done one. Glad to help Purp, anyway I can.

And one other (I think crucial) thing you should do is put the political forum on the NO SPIDERS/Crawl list inside a robots meta tag or robots.txt

While I think it helps keep politics out of the other forums, I damn sure wouldn't want Google tying the content to my site FOREVER... you know what I mean Purp.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/20/21 11:45 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Apologies if this has already been brought up. To confirm, if I want to like a post I have to click "like" and then subsequently confirm I want to like it after being taken to another page? Is this the only way to do so? A two-step process?

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I also thought it was weird to require 2 clicks to like a post, but once you're done it puts you right back where you were, so it's not so bad, IMO.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Yeah, that was a disappointing discovery for me as well.

My plan is to disable this built-in Like system and go back to my custom one that we had before. I think that improving/updating it to be more like Facespace with the multiple options is how I want to re-do it.
The fact that the new one puts you back to your post is the only saving grace; it should just be ajax like I had it. Why they would ever implement it the way they did - in 2020/21 - is beyond me.

Browns is the Browns

T
Legend
Legend
T
still seeing a bunch of the symbol, a(with a punctuation mark above it) together with the backwards E that looks curved like an old mcdonalds' "mac tonight" 1/2 moon, --- so those two together as one, followed also by a tiny tm for trademark about where you would dot an I or cross a T, all 3 of those as one character, and it replaces apostrophes, or sometimes other parts of words.

it(a3tm)s something that ju(a3tm) shows up randomly.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I think it's mostly as an apostrophe.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
In new posts or older posts? In your own posts?

Browns is the Browns

T
Legend
Legend
T
African American people. It’s essentially saying “all the help that has been given to black people by taxpayers has failed so let’s try another tactic.” - I can see why more African Americans despise crt as compared to the liberals in this
quote=remember municipal...

I see it twice in this post I copied, and pasted, from remember municipals post from page one of the pollitcal forums thread titled race relations, which listed on my New York time, now as 11:49 am. 4 times actually. Maybe, it's disappearing from new content, but it was all over for those 3-4 days last week at least. 4 times=
the word after people, the word after saying, the word after "failed so" and the word after tactic. or a final part of the word tactic. before the -

I don't remember seeing it in my posts, but I don't know how others read my posts, I don't have any strange keys that I know how to use.
Good news it may be disappearing. As I didn't find it once in a thread I looked at for the first time that was new, about walls.

Legend
Legend
ok, that's "old" stuff. There was an issue when we first migrated, that was fixed (as noted above). If you have things showing up AFTER it was fixed, then we have an issue.

It was fixed as of this post, which was posted Sat Oct 16 2021 05:08 PM. Posts made between the initial migration and the timestamp on that post will have whatever wrecked up text they had when the post was first created. That won't change. Quoting it in a new post will simply quote the wrecked up text and perpetuate it.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dave
Didn't there used to be a "Links" button for easy access to Browns.com, The Plain Dealer, and a couple other media sites?

There was. It was a custom addition that I need to get re-added.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Squires
When choosing a style, I get a 404 error. If I hit back then refresh it seems to accept the style.

I still need to figure this one out. It seems to be doubling the URL it wants to refresh to. Very wonky, but it appears to be a bug in the forum software as I've seen a post on the vendor's support site about it, I just haven't been able to look deeply enough to find the fix. It's likely a quick edit of a template.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
the domain is no SSL

Yes it is.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
It may be the device used, or my device, whatever i'll live with it, I can read around it, but I've found 2 cases of those symbols on posts that originated on 10,23. and 10,25. Either way, no big deal.

Legend
Legend
If you stumble across one again, post a link to it so that I can look into the cause.

Browns is the Browns

T
Legend
Legend
T
Enjoy a flashback to ‘84, replete with I’m So Excited playing in the background. smile [quote-Lampdog

Twice in this final line of the original post by lampdog in the thread from tailgate forum called "Chris carter 1984",
XX in place of the 19 in apparenty 1984, and xx in place of the apostrophe between I and m...
last evening, I forget, but noted D4L and diams posts contained it in one page I was reading.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Enjoy a flashback to ‘84, replete with I’m So Excited playing in the background. smile [quote-Lampdog

Twice in this final line of the original post by lampdog in the thread from tailgate forum called "Chris carter 1984",
XX in place of the 19 in apparenty 1984, and xx in place of the apostrophe between I and m...
last evening, I forget, but noted D4L and diams posts contained it in one page I was reading.

I just checked that thread and all of those characters are fine, so it has to be on your end. Which web browser, and version of it, are you using?

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Not sure if this is a bug, but since I was recently alerted to the fact that I couldn't receive any more PMs, since I was over my limit, I went and checked. I had 60 pages of PMs (at 25 per page) sitting there dating back to 2006... it was quite entertaining to spot check what I was complaining about at different points in time.... my daughter, who just started college, was 3 when some of these PMs were written. I had never thought to clear them out. Do we have a limit? And if so, what is it?

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
There used to be a much higher limit. I lowered it during the upgrade because I didn't think it was a big deal. I need to reset it. I already bumped it up once, but apparently I need to do it again.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Other tweets are showing up.... what's different?

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
No idea.

Legend
Legend
Other tweets are showing up.... what's different?

Loose nut in front of the keyboard.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Gross.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Try re-posting without the "?s=20" at the end of the url.
I have no idea, I also don't know if some tweets can be marked as non-embeddable, etc.

Posting tweets works... figure out what is different about the ones that aren't working for you.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
That's just it, I can't see a difference.

without the ?s=20

https://twitter.com/ScottDehn/status/1454928946508800000

With the ?s=20

https://twitter.com/ScottDehn/status/1454928946508800000?s=20

Yet it only happens on some posts.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/02/21 07:39 PM.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Board upgrade bug reports

Link Copied to Clipboard