Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#1898062 10/31/21 04:00 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Pretty brutal. Our defense gives up 15 points and we lose by five.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Welcome to your 2021 cleveland browns...average coach, average qb, average execution, terrible defensive coordinator.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Stefanski must give up the playcalling. Unfortunately it's to late now anyway. I hate saying this I really do, but our playoff chances have been squashed.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
1st String
1st String
We're just not that good. Most overhyped overrated team in the league by far. Oh well.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Pittsburgh was clearly the better team today. Their OL was better than our DL, their DL was better than our OL, their coaching was better than coaching

Gotta clean up the stupid mistakes - drops and penalties shouldn't happen at the rate they did today.

T
Legend
Legend
T
ANALYTICS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OFF SEASON HPYE IS BULL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by slick
Stefanski must give up the playcalling. Unfortunately it's to late now anyway. I hate saying this I really do, but our playoff chances have been squashed.

What would Alex Van Pelt have done differently?

1 member likes this: oobernoober
R
Legend
Legend
R
Browns always crumble under expectations.

Can't believe how much Stefanski has regressed.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by clwb419
Pittsburgh was clearly the better team today. Their OL was better than our DL, their DL was better than our OL, their coaching was better than coaching

I don't feel like any of these statements are true.

Legend
Legend
This was just horrible. Jarvis had 2 big drops and a fumble. Stefanski starts getting pass happy and gets away from our identity the moment a lineman goes down.

Our offense sucks right now.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

Would it have killed the Browns to blitz a senior citizen QB a few more times today? I don't care how few points the defense gave up or where it's ranked. Joe Woods plays soft, and it's killing the Browns. On the offensive side, why is Nick Chubb not on the field more in the second half? The team was outcoached and outplayed today, and it's ridiculous.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
1 member likes this: mgh888
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by cfrs15

My thing is who is helping Woods. How does the head man in charge help his really awful defensive coordinator if he's calling plays on offense?

Stefsnski had some house money. He's burned it up.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Stefanski must give up the playcalling. Unfortunately it's to late now anyway.

Stefanski should give up play calling, but he's pretty good at it, but it's too much in real time. But who else are they going to get.

Browns aren't mathematically eliminated, but it's pretty much a dumb cause.

Analytics sucks!!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Swish
This was just horrible. Jarvis had 2 big drops and a fumble. Stefanski starts getting pass happy and gets away from our identity the moment a lineman goes down.

Our offense sucks right now.

Stefanski's issue is he doesn't get pass happy especially when it's necessary. He's always trying to run it when he should be passing it.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by Rishuz

My thing is who is helping Woods. How does the head man in charge help his really awful defensive coordinator if he's calling plays on offense?

We gave up 15 points. We should win that game. We basically lost because of Landry's fumble.

Our QB not being able to throw down field at all is also a major problem.

1 member likes this: Razorthorns
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Mayfield's accuracy needs to be examined in my opinion. On deeper intermediate throws, he's struggling quite a bit missing high. It's a trend this season.

1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
Legend
Legend
Just a disappointing effort today by the offense. Drops, fumbles, penalties, missed throws … and BULLIED up front in the run game.

I love the Browns, but we are losers and the Steelers are winners until otherwise

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Situationally on defense we were awful again. Can't get off the field when it matters most.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by Rishuz

We gave up 15 points. We should win that game. We basically lost because of Landry's fumble.

Our QB not being able to throw down field at all is also a major problem.

I agree on the lack of ability to be accurate down the field. Beckham had his man beat and was open in front of the safety; a pass with less arc and more direct towards the receiver and that's a completion. Him having to slow down and jump for the pass allowed the defender who was beat to catch up.

Legend
Legend
I don’t even remember any long shots down the field. Do we even have an actual deep threat on the team?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: THROW LONG
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I don’t even remember any long shots down the field. Do we even have an actual deep threat on the team?

DPJ is injured.

Our QB can't throw down field. His left arm is literally being held on by fabric.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S

That depends on your definition of deep shots.

W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Stefanski lost this game with his sorry playcalling take shots down the field? does he think four yard passes to Hooper all day will score points? screens and dink and dunk all game....
Keenum could have done that and we could have rested Baker.
Our 2 best receiving options in OBJ and Njouku werent hardly featured at all. 21 million a year to mostly watch and run block .

1 member likes this: THROW LONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I guess I'll put all my Cleveland Browns memorabilia up for sale on ebay.

2 members like this: FATE, 3rd_and_20
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

The best way for me to explain this is simply to say watch the playoff game from last season. We were eve more banged up in that game then we are now and less talent. Not to mention have our coaching staff was out. He called a excellent well balanced game. Stefanski is to pass happy which was the knock on him in Minnesota. I like stefanski as a head coach, not as a play caller.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
R
Legend
Legend
R

We have a conservative scheme, an average QB, and an average play caller who puts his QB in awful situations acting like they have the lead in the 4th when they don't.

Hard to take shots when all of that is working against you.

W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Joe Woods name shouldnt be mentioned this week, imo Offense and playcalling lost this game

O
Legend
Legend
O
Baker played well. Lots of no catches today. Landry should never have been activated; he is obviously not himself. The D played well; Woods sucked again. OMG, I hated seeing Ben get this win. I put 50% of this on being too dinged up. The other 50% split between Woods, WRs, and Ski. Ski had some not so great calls. Chubb was pretty much a non-factor as well, he's not right either and should have sat another week.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/31/21 04:17 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
OBJ used to be a deep threat with the Giants, with Cleveland, not so much

R
Legend
Legend
R
And to add insult to injury, the Bengals lose. Could have made up some ground.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep. I wish we could fix him, but I don't think that will happen and he will be elsewhere next year.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
W
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
W
Baker doesn’t even look to get him the ball!
He should be featured in the game plan unless he’s playing hurt
It used to be last year that he was trying to force him the ball. Now he’s not hardly targeted..
$15 mil a year to be a decoy I guess..?

Last edited by Westy15; 10/31/21 04:22 PM.
Legend
Legend
It was a rough loss - worse than others - because once again the Steelers beat us. We aren't as good as most of us thought we'd be.

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pretty brutal.

Yep....another one! We are not a playoff team and are now last in the AFCN. When we were a bad team a few seasons ago, I could accept a close loss. Not any longer. We are mis-firing badly...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Anyone else notice Chubb had no 2nd gear...he usually gets up to speed rather quick...seemed to lack that gear today.

Jarvis and OBJ were pretty much useless today.

Our O lacks any identity of rhythm when we can't force the run down an opponents throat...

Higgins had a bone head penalty that did not help

Delpit had some poor angles and wiffs on tackles today, something that was noted in his college tape.

This O is easily the most underperformed facet of our team.

How do we let their mediocre Oline handle us nearly all day.

T
Legend
Legend
T
MAYFIELD!!! Does not need to stop making commercials....

But I thought, He may have Grown past, the over animated celebration of that first down.

Maybe that's what he needs to be, to keep his edge and keep his job, maybe that is his MOXY

But, Superstars can also keep their emotions in check sometimes.
The, act like you've been their before.
Maybe he needs it, to keep his edge, but He can also keep it in check.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Yep. I wish we could fix him, but I don't think that will happen and he will be elsewhere next year.

If Beckham isn't with the Browns next year and he looks like his old self with another team, that essentially would mean Baker was the problem and not the receiver wouldn't it?

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Tired of hearing how great the oline is
Dump OBJ for whatever
No attention to detail (penalties galore)
Every other team converts on 4th and short except the Browns

1st String
1st String
Originally Posted by Westy15
Stefanski lost this game with his sorry playcalling take shots down the field? does he think four yard passes to Hooper all day will score points? screens and dink and dunk all game....
Keenum could have done that and we could have rested Baker.
Our 2 best receiving options in OBJ and Njouku werent hardly featured at all. 21 million a year to mostly watch and run block .

Been saying that for the longest. We've been so run dependent that when we can't run, we can't do nothing else right. Our pass game over 20+ yards is nonexistent. We need a balanced attack or else we will see this all year long. I don't see Ski making significant changes so saddle up and ride it out like the rest of us.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Could be worse we could have Wentz

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Steelers 15 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard