Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
T
Legend
Legend
T
Where is the entire Browns team going to be, the entire organization going to be
IF.

The decision to continue to trot out an injured quarterback into NFL games week after week, results in another injury,
a season ending, or career jeopardizing injury.

Where ya gonna be then
Where ya gonna be then
Where ya gonna be then.
flamingmad

T
Legend
Legend
T
They could fix all of this if they locked everybody in a room until they had a contract extension based on last years play. And do it today.
Then they could put anyone injured on 3 week IR, or not, based entirely on their actual healthiness.

If they signed a contract extension today, best news possible, even if it were short term or long term.
If they did, what would that mean? If they never agree on a future contract what would that mean?

I tell ya there is not one of the other 31 franchises that has the Browns' best interests in mind. Every single one of them wants to talk your good players off of your team.

Legend
Legend
That is actually is an interesting perspective.

The one thing that was not mentioned was defense both ours and the defenses played against.

The end result is inconsistent play. There are reasons but thay are difficult to pin down.

Injuries for have played a big part. Lots of players on offense have been out and some have been playing with injuries.

The Browns offensive scheme requires timing. It is based upon timing. Execution on offense is everyone doing their job.

Going into this season of promise. Odell and Jarvis are highest paid receivers were expected to be a dynamic duo. Both of them have not produced.

Odell was expected to start the first game. He didn't. He said he was not ready?

Jarvis missed games and Odell left town.

Wills was hurt early and played but has not been all that good. Conklin our pro bowl RT has been replace by a out of position second string guard.

Kind of hard to have chemistry and timing when all of that is factored in.

Legend
Legend
I didn't proof read. damn.

"are"? I need that second cup in the morning.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by jaybird
I don't mind the go F yourself attitude at all... if it leads to him playing lights out this week or him realizing he needs to heal... I agree that I love the chip on his shoulder because it's needed for this team... but it's a fine line... especially when you're getting worse as the year goes on
Exactly. I'm not trying to excuse the behavior... he needs to be a big boy and do the song and dance after the game regardless if his feelings are hurt or not. But I don't mind most of the snark in PCs and I think, overall, the attitude behind it all is necessary to be a QB for this team right now.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I found the comment childish... fans have every right to boo... if a player can't handle it then play better...
We put these players in a pretty tight box, we want them to show emotion and fire.. but only when, and in a way, that we are ok with.. and I'm sorry, but human emotion doesn't always work that way.

Did these same fans boo the defense when it was getting gouged with big running plays? Did they boo our kicker when he missed a FG or had an XP blocked? Did they boo when the OL had consecutive stupid penalties negating big gains as we were trying to finish off the game? Have they booed any of the idiotic playcalling in the red zone?

Maybe it's just because he's the QB, maybe it's because he was the #1 overall pick, maybe it's because some are still sensitive because he planted the flag at the Shoe.. I don't know, but Baker has done nothing since he's been here except give it his all and try to win.. and, by Browns standards over the past 30 years, he has been more successful than anybody who has tried before him.... yet he has remained the most polarizing figure that I can think of when it comes to fans and even talking heads, for some reason have always viewed him as having a target on his back... So when he's out there limping around on a bad ankle/knee, throwing with significant damage in his non-throwing shoulder, taking the hits, etc.. and then getting booed for it when he makes a mistake even though nobody else gets booed when they make a mistake....... yea, I get it when he doesn't always live up to your expectations..

yebat' Putin
6 members like this: vadawgfan07, Ballpeen, bonefish
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Couldn't agree with you more, DC.

My sentiments exactly.

Legend
Legend
Just thinking out loud. Baker is a guy that I happen to believe in. My beliefs really mean nothing to anyone but me I guess... I do think that playing him when he's this banged up will not only cost us wins, but it may also put him in danger of getting banged up even worse.

It might be a thought to keep in mind, Baker wasn't this regimes pick.. He was the previous regimes pick. So maybe that's part of the reason they haven't gone out of their way to lock him up long term. I'm not suggesting this as fact, but more like something to think about.

Last edited by Damanshot; 11/24/21 12:57 PM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1st String
1st String
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Not having the ability to recognize that your play is hurting your team is not a sign of strength.

He recognizes it, he just doesn't care because he is doing everything in his power to look like a great qb. It just isn't working out for him and he's frustrated now. He's hearing it from the media and the fans and now its boiling over.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
I found the comment childish... fans have every right to boo... if a player can't handle it then play better...
We put these players in a pretty tight box, we want them to show emotion and fire.. but only when, and in a way, that we are ok with.. and I'm sorry, but human emotion doesn't always work that way.

I totally agree with you. Yet this is the NFL and these guys make millions. As such, fan reactions and dealing with the press are part of the job. Some people can step up, admit their mistakes and put their best foot forward in these situations. Some can't.

Did these same fans boo the defense when it was getting gouged with big running plays? Did they boo our kicker when he missed a FG or had an XP blocked? Did they boo when the OL had consecutive stupid penalties negating big gains as we were trying to finish off the game? Have they booed any of the idiotic play calling in the red zone?

How does this make any difference in how Baker reacted? And I do agree that the QB takes more heat and is under more scrutiny that any other position in the NFL. That applies for all 32 staring QB's, not just Baker. Once again, every QB knows this going into it. It was the exact same way when they played in high school and in college. This isn't new territory for them, it's just on a bigger stage.

Maybe it's just because he's the QB, maybe it's because he was the #1 overall pick, maybe it's because some are still sensitive because he planted the flag at the Shoe.. I don't know, but Baker has done nothing since he's been here except give it his all and try to win.. and, by Browns standards over the past 30 years, he has been more successful than anybody who has tried before him.... yet he has remained the most polarizing figure that I can think of when it comes to fans and even talking heads, for some reason have always viewed him as having a target on his back... So when he's out there limping around on a bad ankle/knee, throwing with significant damage in his non-throwing shoulder, taking the hits, etc.. and then getting booed for it when he makes a mistake even though nobody else gets booed when they make a mistake....... yea, I get it when.

First, if he's unable to play he shouldn't be playing. Secondly, this didn't happen after "one bad play". It happened during his second totally crappy performance in a row. I can't think of anyone who gives a flying F about the "attempted" flag plant. We heard this same kind of BS when Braylon was here. They claimed people didn't like him because he played for Michigan. We see how that turned out. Once someone puts on a Browns uniform they are a Brown. I watched Baker mature greatly since he was first drafted. I gave him grief when he acted immaturely and I gave him credit when he started acting more mature.

Here's the thing. I don't uphold the fans for booing Baker. I think that's pretty classless. I was in the stadium the day Browns fans cheered the injury of Tim Couch. It led to quite an altercation outside the stadium. However that doesn't excuse Baker for his actions either. I know how my parents reacted to it when I blamed my actions on, "Yeah, but you should have seen what the other guy did!" I don't hold Baker any more or less accountable for his actions than I do those fans. I disapprove of both.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
OK I didn't read any other posts in this thread. My take Baker is hurting big time. He is off from the last few years, however those of you who are writing him off need to chill. He is not and never will be Otto Graham. However he can be as good or better than Bernie, and/or Sipe, when he is healthy. I know everybody and their brother wants us to win NOW, but IMO that's not going to happen this year. Next year however is another story.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: Homewood Dog
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
I think that Baker is really, really hurt, and other teams are doing their best to make sure he doesn't get better against him. I cannot imagine playing QB when you can barely walk because of injuries to a knee and foot .... along with a serious injury to a shoulder ... even a non-throwing shoulder.

So is it then your assertion that both Baker and the team doctors are all lying to us that he's able to play? Because they all say he's ready. I'm not trying to say he isn't suffering from injuries. I'm saying they wouldn't be giving him the green light to play if he wasn't able to. That's why I don't buy into the, "He's damned near ready for a wheelchair" argument.

There are many players who play hurt, and I think that Mayfield is one of them.

We don't pretend that a WR playing through an ankle or knee (or even shoulder) injury is going to be the same player he was without the injury. We don't pretend that an OL or DL playing with an injury is the same as he was without the injury. Players, especially a QB, want to play no matter what. Sometimes they just can't go, and it is the responsibility of the coaches and doctors to recognize this. Many players, through the years, refused to take themselves off the field, even when they had concussions. The teams has to see when a player is just hurting himself, and the team in the long run.

As little faith as I have in Keenum, I would start him against the Ravens, and let Mayfield have 3 weeks to heal up as much as he can for the stretch run.

I agree. I would start Keenum also and let Baker heal.

1 member likes this: jaybird
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just clicking. Now is not the time to make rash decisions on anything. We have a good staff. We have good players. We have had a ton of injuries all at the wrong time. I too would shut Baker down. I would have done so the minute I saw the report of the extent of his injury. I am getting on in years so I forget, is it four or five games that players must play in before getting credit for the season? Either way, even if this season does count, Baker is the future, at least for the time being, and as such we should be protecting him. Chubb too. This season wasn't our year. Every team has those. Even good ones. Sophomore slump or whatever you want to call it. If we were perfectly healthy we'd be in the hunt. I believe that. I believe in our head coach. He's not perfect, and he is getting an education this year for sure. But this is the same guy that got us to the playoffs in a season of Covid, with very little camp and no preseason. That took some doing as a first-year head coach. We had the best running back room in the league when we started this season. Then Chubb went down, then Hunt... etc. etc. Jarvis going down hurt. That guy is the heartbeat of this team. He WANTS it. This just isn't our year. What is funny is, we could still squeak in without Baker. It would take a lot of doing but it's not impossible. They extended the season and added two more teams. There will be teams with iffy records in the playoffs from now on. It would take a minor miracle, however. smile Happy turkey day. Peace to you all. Be safe and be well.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
2 members like this: jfanent, Hamfist
Legend
Legend
I'd just trust the Docs, the coaches, and Baker.

If his injuries are just that he's hurt, banged up, and bruised, then he can play. He's shown that the shoulder thing isn't as big of a deal as it was. Aside from the shoulder thing, I don't know that he actually has anything else that can't be played on if the Docs clear him. Given that, he is still our best chance to win. You only sit him if you're effectively decided to concede the game this week.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B

Did these same fans boo the defense when it was getting gouged with big running plays? Did they boo our kicker when he missed a FG or had an XP blocked? Did they boo when the OL had consecutive stupid penalties negating big gains as we were trying to finish off the game? Have they booed any of the idiotic playcalling in the red zone?

Maybe it's just because he's the QB, maybe it's because he was the #1 overall pick, maybe it's because some are still sensitive because he planted the flag at the Shoe.. I don't know, but Baker has done nothing since he's been here except give it his all and try to win.. and, by Browns standards over the past 30 years, he has been more successful than anybody who has tried before him.... yet he has remained the most polarizing figure that I can think of when it comes to fans and even talking heads, for some reason have always viewed him as having a target on his back... So when he's out there limping around on a bad ankle/knee, throwing with significant damage in his non-throwing shoulder, taking the hits, etc.. and then getting booed for it when he makes a mistake even though nobody else gets booed when they make a mistake....... yea, I get it when he doesn't always live up to your expectations..

I agree, and why I gave baker a pass for that. My only problem was not shaking a few hands after the game. That is just proper etiquette.

I know myself. If I was depressed, or ticked or whatever, I wouldn't be good in a postgame interview. It would be yes or no answers, and if they really irritated me I'd tell the pencil pusher to buck off in so many words.. Baker did the right thing to wait.

I loved Mike Ditka PC's after a tough loss. I'd be the same way.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Spiritbro77
Just clicking. Now is not the time to make rash decisions on anything. We have a good staff. We have good players. We have had a ton of injuries all at the wrong time. I too would shut Baker down. I would have done so the minute I saw the report of the extent of his injury. I am getting on in years so I forget, is it four or five games that players must play in before getting credit for the season? Either way, even if this season does count, Baker is the future, at least for the time being, and as such we should be protecting him. Chubb too. This season wasn't our year. Every team has those. Even good ones. Sophomore slump or whatever you want to call it. If we were perfectly healthy we'd be in the hunt. I believe that. I believe in our head coach. He's not perfect, and he is getting an education this year for sure. But this is the same guy that got us to the playoffs in a season of Covid, with very little camp and no preseason. That took some doing as a first-year head coach. We had the best running back room in the league when we started this season. Then Chubb went down, then Hunt... etc. etc. Jarvis going down hurt. That guy is the heartbeat of this team. He WANTS it. This just isn't our year. What is funny is, we could still squeak in without Baker. It would take a lot of doing but it's not impossible. They extended the season and added two more teams. There will be teams with iffy records in the playoffs from now on. It would take a minor miracle, however. smile Happy turkey day. Peace to you all. Be safe and be well.

I agree and thanks. Yes, we have team doctors. But I've been working in the medical profession, side by side with doctors for 36 years. I can tell you that having 'M.D." after your name doesn't mean you are right all the time or always doing what's in the best interest of the pt. Baker probably had a lot of input into the decision to play or not, and maybe he was over persuasive. I still can't grasp the fact that they gave an NFL qb with a torn labrum and fractured humerus the OK to play the week following the injury. Granted, the torn labrum isn't going heal on its own, but the best thing to start the healing process for a fracture is stabilization. Let alone the other injuries that we know little about. I also don't see how anyone watching him hobble on the field thinks that it's in his or the teams' best interest to keep him out there. Is Case Keenum that bad that we couldn't have played him from the Pat's game to the bye week?

Before the season, I said the only thing that could stop us were injuries and off the field issues. We've had a lot of the first and some of the second. You're right, stuff happens and we got screwed by the injury bug. Some of our best players are seriously banged up.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
I'd just trust the Docs, the coaches, and Baker.

If his injuries are just that he's hurt, banged up, and bruised, then he can play. He's shown that the shoulder thing isn't as big of a deal as it was. Aside from the shoulder thing, I don't know that he actually has anything else that can't be played on if the Docs clear him. Given that, he is still our best chance to win. You only sit him if you're effectively decided to concede the game this week.

No way I'd trust the player.... player will always want to play

the Docs can just tell you if it's safe for him to play... like will he injury it more or not.....

It's really on the coaches to tell you if he's effective... if the doc passes him then it comes to the coaches to figure out should you play him or not.... and I 100% disagree with you that if we start Kennum that means we've conceded the game... in my mind you start Keenum if you feel he gives you a better chance to win because Baker can't effectively lead the team due to injuries.... a health Baker is far and away better than Keenum.... but we don't have a healthy Baker...

where I do agree, is if the coaches feel Baker gives us a better chance to win, then we have to trust that because obviously they have more knowledge on it than any of us do...

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
Honestly, I forgot about the flag until you mentioned it again... you might be right that some may be still upset with that or frustrated because they feel he shouldn't have been the #1 overall pick....

as I said, I felt the comment was a bit childish, but it doesn't really bother me that much... one of Baker's biggest assets is that chip on his shoulder... he typically plays really well when he feels that people are against him... so I'm hoping that he comes out and plays a solid game this weekend... winning cures a lot of this talk...

you may be right that we hold these guys to pretty high standards... especially QBs... they are the leader of the team making millions of dollars... I still feel if fans want to boo the team they have every right... though, I also feel some fans take it WAY to far... I've heard fans yelling personal attacks to their players and opposing players... that's just despicable to me.

<><

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

We are (1) win out of first place in our division. If Baker can go AND the coaches see in practice that he's a better option than the backup...then Baker will play. Simple as that.

Note: I realize that that (1) win gap is as wide as the grand canyon right now. But if Evil Knieval tried to jump it, so will we. (Well...Snake River canyon...but you know what I mean.) But we won't be pulling the parachute early. Old guys will know what I mean.

E
Legend
Legend
E
So I was in the hospital for the game (discharged in time for Thanksgiving) and only could get radio (Lion Announcers, blah sick ) I recorded the game as I have NFL Ticket and was expecting a total different result than what I did see out there.

1. Baker actually played well
2. He was very accurate in the first half and only after getting hit and injured did his throws start going bad which is understandable. Also they kept mentioning the bad weather regarding the Lions QB but never when Baker was playing...hmmm did the sun come out and wind die down every time Baker had the ball. He had a bad pass ??? Brain fart or some communication snafu...i think just a plain old brain fart for the INT early on. But Baker looked to think Post when it turned into a Dig route....anyways bad play by Baker but outside of that he threw the ball well in the inclimate weather His short pass were right on target and we had some drops on some excellent throws in tight tight windows right in the hands of Hooper and Higgins.
3. Teller has got to stop going for the Pancake block all the time - in Pass Pro if he throws the defender to the ground they will call holding everytime...(meanwhile our pass rushers get grappled all the time and no flag).

4. Chubb is a beast and is a play action machine...nice TD pass to Chubb.

5. I hope you all understand how hard it is to play injured. Baker will play even if his arm is torn off - HE WILL PLAY that is his mind set. When he gets sacked (all out blitzes ) he will come up hurt and once that happened his throws were not the same as in the beginning of the game. But he gets no pass from the "EXPERTS" cause they do not like Baker for some reason. Especially that jerk who ruined Sanchez's career playing him in the 4th game of preseason vs Giants...I have no respect for RYAN and he nitpicks when to say SEE I TOLD YOU SO...yeah and name me one QB who would be playing with the injuries Baker has and is playing.

6. SO why play him...very simple - 50% of Baker is better than 100% of Keenum - Baker is our best option to win. All this crap about do we give him a contract. Heck yes and lets keep the kid clean and free of injuries!.

Well that is all I got to say about Baker my goodness we don't have a QB and yes Franchise QB since 1999 and right away all you STAT Boys want to throw him to the curb....smh Shame on you guys!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
Man, maybe I watched a different game last week... but I felt it was one of Baker's worst games... likely due to his injuries.. but he still played like crap... missed guys wide open... and did he really start off well? Wasn't he 1/4 to start the game with an INT? He had a good deep throw early to Njoku but overall I felt he was poor almost the entire game...

I also find it hard to believe that 50% baker is better than 100% keenum... but I'm not the coach...

in the last 5 games we've averaged 17 points... which includes a 41 against the Bengals... not all of that is our passing game, but we need this offense to figure things out quickly if we want to get into the playoffs...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh dear Lord.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I saw a picture with Baker sitting out practice Tuesday. I wonder if they may sit him until after the bye?

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Listened to the presser yesterday, Baker sounds 100 % he's playing.. he sat out to rest.

C
Legend
Legend
C
This is satire.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by WSU Willie
j/c

We are (1) win out of first place in our division. If Baker can go AND the coaches see in practice that he's a better option than the backup...then Baker will play. Simple as that.

Note: I realize that that (1) win gap is as wide as the grand canyon right now. But if Evil Knieval tried to jump it, so will we. (Well...Snake River canyon...but you know what I mean.) But we won't be pulling the parachute early. Old guys will know what I mean.
Haha, It was just 2 days ago, I was considering using an Evil Kinevil is worse on a motorcycle with a sputtering engine, than Robbie Kinevil is with a motorcycle that works analogy in the Case Keenum, Baker Mayfield, who should start question.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Inclimate weather??? Didn't you know, a Ray of sunshine follows Baker when he steps on the field. thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Damanshot
(Any player X) wasn't this regimes pick.. He was the previous regimes pick.

rolleyes I'm so sick of that concept. (even if there turns out to be any truth to it, in any situation,) I'm still sick of the concept.

To Think! That any exec. or team representative, would at any time Represent this team, The Cleveland Browns,
and do so,
with such small minded tunnel vision, as to not consider, (even going back to 2018 in this case), the team in continuity, the team that existed when the "regime" took over, and to, what would be in a sense, such a narrow view of the teams history, and absolute self importance thinking as to dismiss anyone they didn't personally bring on board. As a reason, without consideration of other abilities and factors to keep a starter, but as a reason, to use that they themselves didn't personally bring on board a player is a concept that seems ridiculous to me.
Could we reason, that anybody took over after Freddie Kitchens, or whomever in this case, with the beginning intent day one, at that time, that the plan was to dump Baker and his future, YET!
they would wait for the entire 2020 season and 12-6 with a playoff win record to conclude before they got around to it?? rolleyes
That is bonkers.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F

Kind of the way I feel. I don't know if Baker is a franchise QB or not, I am not a scout, but he does/did at least give us more hope than just about other QB we have had in a long time.

Legend
Legend
The mechanics of throwing.

Before I get into it that I think it appropriate to mention that I coached baseball at a fairly high level for ten years. I attended coaching clinics at Ga. Tech.
I was a pitching coach. Went to seminars with John Smoltz. I have background in the mechanics of throwing.

There is a lot that goes into proper mechanics be it throwing to the plate from 60' 6" or throwing a deep down and out pass.

The whole body is part of the throw. When a pitcher is a little off in his mechanics the result is poor location.

In football from your waist down is where torque begins. Your feet align to your target. Your shoulders align with your feet. Your hips come through and your shoulder follows. Your off shoulder pulls through the motion.

There is more. Books worth more that I have studied.

Throwing a football great distances to a moving target is no easy task. Add pressure, weather, and throwing off platform. Then factor in defenses and decision making. There is a reason quarterbacks get paid big dollars.

When Drew Brees talks about playing quarterback and what it entails. I listen. When people like Colin Cowherd and others like him talk. I don't listen.

If people actually think just because you are on the field playing quarterback hurt that it has no impact on your ability to throw accurately.

Take some time and do some research.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by cfrs15
This is satire.

And the stat boys rear their uglly heads...lol laugh
I was going to rewatch the game and go play after play to tutor you clueless ones but don't know if I got the patience to do so. Its a shame you talk as if you know football but in reality you do not. Mirror Baker with injury, weather, and you think the results would be different.

Lets start with this. Not one QB would be playing with the injuries Baker has right now.

50% is better than 100% we as you all recognized in your disbelief our esteem coaches think this is true the fact that you cannot see this and yet it is so via our coaches actions again Ignorance is no excuse btw I stated the bad pass and didn't hold back... he made a terrible decision, what was the thought process behind that situation with Landry -- all I know is Baker threw a Post while Landry ran a dig route. ce la vie! But if you think we don't have a franchise QB so be it. Join yourself to the hip of Rex Ryan as one who don't have a clue...lol

Sorry to come down so hard just taking it out on you guys cause its easier wink still love you all!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Just to add one note.

If a pitcher is hurting pretty much anywhere that effects his motion.

He doesn't pitch. And they are throwing to a stationary target.

It is a coaches decision who starts or needs to be replaced during a game. They will start the guy they feel gives them the best chance to win. That does not mean all will be perfect.

Last edited by bonefish; 11/26/21 11:21 AM.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish
Just to add one note.

If a pitcher is hurting pretty much anywhere that effects his motion.

He doesn't pitch. And they are throwing to a stationary target.

It is a coaches decision who starts or needs to be replaced during a game. They will start the guy they feel gives them the best chance to win. That does not mean all will be perfect.

bone...I never thought about that...but you are right. Anything that might affect a baseball pitcher's motion, delivering a pitch to his catcher, is taken into consideration when judging his ability to pitch in a baseball game.

In the NFL, we seem to overlook the specifics of a QB's throwing motion and how a QB's throwing motion might be affected due to injury. NFL QBs are expected to "overcome" those so called minor factors as they attempt to deliver a pass with "pin-point" accuracy down the field, be it 10 yds, 25 yds or 50 yds.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
It is interesting to note that Tom House a former pitcher is the guy who refined Josh Allen's throwing motion.

If people remember when Stefanski and AVP were hired the first "to do list" with Baker was refining his footwork.

Throwing a ball is not unlike a golf swing in many ways. There are many moving parts.

Injuries to the lower body are as impactful as your shoulder and elbow.

You can practice hurt. But when a game is in motion muscle memory takes over. It does not take much to distort that motion and the throw is errant.

It may seem like I am making excuses. I am not. I am trying to point out that there are things to consider.

Football at this point is loaded with guys not 100%. However, playing quarterback is hard when fully healthy.

Throwing accurately while being hurt will result in being inconsistent. I do not see how it can be any other way.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Tom House has been coaching football players for a good while now.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Pdawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
It is a coaches decision who starts
We know from the past, the day they moved on from Hue, and at lunchtime we had, well we had reports the Browns had 2 different new head coaches in a 90 minute span,
We know the Haslems are making the real decisions. Nobody is making any decisions if the Haslems overrule them. Except like a players decision with his own body.
But, to say for sure the coaches are deciding who plays??? History has shown we can't trust that that is the case.
The buck stops with the Haslems.

Legend
Legend
Let me see if I understand what you are saying?

Jimmy and Dee must be attending all practices? Or, do they just show up on Sunday and hand Stafanski a card with who will start?

Is that the way happens?

E
Legend
Legend
E
Baker sucks get rid of him after all I truly miss picking early in the draft

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
It is interesting to note that Tom House a former pitcher is the guy who refined Josh Allen's throwing motion.

If people remember when Stefanski and AVP were hired the first "to do list" with Baker was refining his footwork.

Throwing a ball is not unlike a golf swing in many ways. There are many moving parts.

Injuries to the lower body are as impactful as your shoulder and elbow.

You can practice hurt. But when a game is in motion muscle memory takes over. It does not take much to distort that motion and the throw is errant.

It may seem like I am making excuses. I am not. I am trying to point out that there are things to consider.

Football at this point is loaded with guys not 100%. However, playing quarterback is hard when fully healthy.

Throwing accurately while being hurt will result in being inconsistent. I do not see how it can be any other way.

bone...honestly, the fans don't know how badly Mayfield's injuries might be or as you point out, how injuries might be altering his throwing motion and accuracy. Most fans simply view the end product..if a pass is complete or not.

Shoulder injuries, elbow injuries, knee injuries, foot injuries, toe injuries...all can alter a QBs ability to deliver an accurate pass. Hopefully the Browns will "protect" their QB against the Rats

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Mayfield Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard