Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
But only all 32 NFL teams passed on Dak 4 times and he was the 37th pick in the fourth round. You mean you can't see how stupid that makes Depo and it must have been some kind of assumption that Dak was a criminal that caused all of this? I mean seriously?

Missing on Dak Prescott a total of 4 times makes you feel better?... notallthere

You didn’t like the Cody Kessler pick?

T
Legend
Legend
T
Sometimes I think every other franchise in the NFL bar None, does more to help it's offense with scheme and using 100% of the field
and just plain understanding offense better than the Browns do on offense.

The Browns, with having to face the AFC north teams, and league biases of such, make it almost impossible that they wouldn't ruin almost any quarterback you could name, including Brady and Rogers and Brees.

But what really matters is, The Browns just don't understand offense!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Here is something to analyze.
Why did it take 14 years, exxag.
and 365 games, exxag.
and a 4th string Quarterback, (Not exxag. Nick Mullens)

for Donovan Peoples Jones to see 7 targets in a singe game, and prove he would miss on more than 50%.

And why would it take all of that for just about
ANY!
Wr. to see 7 or more targets in a singe game unless they were named, #3 TE Harrison Bryant.
Did anyone think #3 TE Harrison Bryant deserved EVERY Single TArget under the Sun? Analyze that.

Every time in 2021 a Browns player on offense made a big play, they spent the next snap on the sidelines.

It is the offense, it was the offense in 2020.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Browns biggest issue for the last 2 decades is they refuse to build their offense around the skill set of the players. Stefanski is probably the worst I have ever seen at creating and running an offensive scheme that doesn't lean toward his skilled players strengths. Stefanski is also the worst coach I have ever seen in making game time adjustments. I mean this guy is so hopped up on his scheme that if the opponent loaded all 11 players in the box to stop the run he'd use his 3-TE scheme and constantly run trying to prove his scheme will always work. I mean any coach that lets his hobbled QB get sacked 9-times with 4 of those coming from the NFL sack leader going 1-on-1 against a rookie tackle with limited playing experience and never making an adjustment is inexcusable - PERIOD!

Like I've been saying, unless Berry takes control and makes Stefanski give up the play calling and hires a new offensive coordinator that will use our players skill sets, Baker is in for a year worse than 2021 because his WR group will be so weak Stefanski might have to go to a 4-TE set. Currently, the Browns have an offense that is predictable with a QB throwing 30% less passes than the top 10 QB's and is being used as a game manager rather than a weapon with a Head Coach who can't adjust his plan to the defenses being played against him. The hell with the press and the opinions here. When you have a future hall of fame QB like Aaron Rodgers saying "the coaches are putting Baker in bad situations" you have a serious problem. Berry needs to address this quickly or this off season is going to be ugly!

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
1 member likes this: Tackman
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Amen, analytics in MHO is just fancy statistics- which have been used forever. Hudson against Watt, how'd it go. You can't lose your tackles and best sub tackle for multiple games and a beat up QB and expect playoff.....ain't and didn't happen. Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mac
But only all 32 NFL teams passed on Dak 4 times and he was the 37th pick in the fourth round. You mean you can't see how stupid that makes Depo and it must have been some kind of assumption that Dak was a criminal that caused all of this? I mean seriously?

Missing on Dak Prescott a total of 4 times makes you feel better?... notallthere

Every team missing on Dak 4 times makes me understand that it isn't a "Depo problem".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
[/color]
Originally Posted by mac
[color:#993399]But only all 32 NFL teams passed on Dak 4 times and he was the 37th pick in the fourth round. You mean you can't see how stupid that makes Depo and it must have been some kind of assumption that Dak was a criminal that caused all of this? I mean seriously?

Every team missing on Dak 4 times makes me understand that it isn't a "Depo problem".
Originally Posted by mac

pit...you don't even know enough about the Browns lame effort to judge the QB talent in the 2016 draft to admit that the Browns simply blew Prescott off based on a DUI "CHARGE"...a guy driving a white caddy in Starksville, Mississippi had to be guilty of something, RIGHT?

The Browns analytics department decided that Cody Keesler was the Browns answer at QB in the 2016 draft.

PIT...DID THE BROWNS ANALYTICS (DEPODESTA) GET IT RIGHT?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns Analytics lost the season finale agasint the Bengals,
when at the end of the first half,
they didn't send the FG unit on with 9 seconds to go on 3rd down at the Bengals 15ish yard line!

And if you think, (the game is not over yet, they are still playing it), then you don't see Momentum!!!!

T
Legend
Legend
T
Analytics are trying to figure out how to "not lose" this game for the Browns.

With 4:50 to play the Browns are up 11 and its 3rd and 7 but the enemy had a big play to get them to midfield.

21-10 Browns, OH!
announcers just said a bunch of Browns defenders are on the bench done for the day!

analytics breeds the factory of sadness

P
Legend
Legend
P
The desperation at which you have gone after Depo for a long time now is humorous at best and in reality more sad than anything. I'll ask again, where is your source?

You make accusations but have no evidence. FOUR TIMES every GM in the NFL passed on Precott until the Cowboys took a flier on him in the fourth. And you single out Depo. You are being ridiculous.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Pit...the point I'm making concerning DEPO...he has never been some one of a kind guru when it comes to juding FOOTBALL !

I point out the Browns efforts to find a franchise QB dating back to Dep's first year when he declared that Wentz was not a top 20 QB and pursued Dak Prescott by only submitting some elementary aptitude tests for Dak to complete, then took those tests back to Cleveland for his analysis.

Dep's approach to judging FOOTBALL TALENT led him to select Cody Keesler in the 3rd round of the 2016 draft...

THAT IS DEPO'S RECORD...period.

1 member likes this: THROW LONG
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
QUESTION FOR ALL....have the Browns gone "too far" in their use of analytics..?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by mac

What’s analytics?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Do YOU think Wentz is a top 20 QB?

Dak was selected by the Cowboys in the 4th round, so Depo (hypothetically, if he were actually making the picks) is at least in good company in not valuing Dak very high at the time.

Depo didn't make the Kessler pick. Who would have rather had that year? There's Dak (again, taken in the fourth, after Goff, Wentz, Lynch, Hackenburg, Brissett, Kessler, Cook). Four picks after Dak, Buffalo took Cardale Jones.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mac

Not far enough!

I want, nay, I demand, all human element be removed and replaced with computers.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Depodesta was hired in January of 2016. The draft was in April. He had been here for four months. Reports I saw said he wasn't actually involved in making those picks but was more of an observer due to his short time in his role with the team and in the NFL in general. That is not "DEPOS RECORD". Do you think Carson Wentz was a top 20 pick? He sure doesn't look like it to me.

First you brought up Jared Goff. Then you brought up Dak who everyone passed on four times and Dallas took a flier on as the 37 pick in the fourth round. Now you bring up Carson Wentz?

Come on man!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
I guess the lead in question to that is... does anybody really know how we use analytics or how much we use analytics? Or are we all just speculating based on a few sparse comments that it "impacts every aspect of our team" or whatever the exact quote was...

Because if we are all just speculating, then it becomes very easy, if you like analytics, to assign all of our good decisions to analytics and our bad decisions to human involvement... or the other way around.

yebat' Putin
T
Legend
Legend
T
Yes just speculating that if analytics was assigned to get you to work in the morning it would use 5 separate means of transportation.

If Analytics was applied to cook a meal in a restaurant, it wouldn't be able to make one edible bite of food without using every cooking utensil in the kitchen. (that's what I think of analytics, only speculation.)

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by mac

I guess the lead in question to that is... does anybody really know how we use analytics or how much we use analytics? Or are we all just speculating based on a few sparse comments that it "impacts every aspect of our team" or whatever the exact quote was...

Because if we are all just speculating, then it becomes very easy, if you like analytics, to assign all of our good decisions to analytics and our bad decisions to human involvement... or the other way around.

DC...if we take the word of those in charge of running the Browns, analytics is being used as much as possible and as DC referenced above "impacts every aspect of our team".

I did find a comment by Andrew Berry that went a bit further in discribing how much analytics are being utilized by the Browns...

Since taking over Cleveland’s General Manager job back in 2020, Andrew Berry has made a point to heavily emphasize analytics in all aspects of his football team. From coaching tactics, to player scouting, to sport science techniques, analytics are playing a huge role in multiple facets of the Browns’ organization.
link

This comment from Berry sounds like the Browns might be using analytics more than we realize..and probably more than I suspected.

Given the decline in the performance of the team this season and based on Berry's comment above concerning the Browns use of analytics...how much responsibility should the Browns analytics department take for the decline in the team's performance this season?

Last edited by mac; 01/10/22 09:13 PM.

A
Legend
Legend
A
zERO.

1 member likes this: jfanent
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by mac

DC...if we take the word of those in charge of running the Browns, analytics is being used as much as possible and as DC referenced above "impacts every aspect of our team".

I did find a comment by Andrew Berry that went a bit further in discribing how much analytics are being utilized by the Browns...

Since taking over Cleveland’s General Manager job back in 2020, Andrew Berry has made a point to heavily emphasize analytics in all aspects of his football team. From coaching tactics, to player scouting, to sport science techniques, analytics are playing a huge role in multiple facets of the Browns’ organization.
link

This comment from Berry sounds like the Browns might be using analytics more than we realize..and probably more than I suspected.

Given the decline in the performance of the team this season and based on Berry's comment above concerning the Browns use of analytics...how much responsibility should the Browns analytics department take for the decline in the team's performance this season?

The only decline was the passing game. The major injury to Mayfield is that major factor, and the somewhat weak WR corp is the other factor. The defense was better than last year. The run game was pretty similar even given the decline in the passing game.

Legend
Legend
Why don't you tell us how analytics was responsible for a decline in performance this season. With all your rambling, you still haven't connected the dots, outside of saying Depo didn't select Wenz, Goff or Prescott after being on the job for less than half a year..

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Dep's approach to judging FOOTBALL TALENT led him to select Cody Keesler in the 3rd round of the 2016 draft...

Which world did that happen in because it sure wasn't our world. Depo has never drafted a player anywhere but inside your head Mac.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Or that statement could mean they're not really using it much at all. That statement says very very little (much like this FO says about pretty much everything).

You're seeing what you want to see.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Are you seriously asking if we're tired of making informed decisions using as much information as is available instead of resorting to a higher degree of guesswork?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Are you seriously asking if we're tired of making informed decisions using as much information as is available instead of resorting to a higher degree of guesswork?

prp..would you rather rely upon the opinions of those who are "analytics new hires", who have little OR NO EXPERIENCE IN FOOTBALL AT ANY LEVEL?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Still working this after all this time? EVERY NFL team uses analytics. Thinking you're smarter than all 32 NFL teams isn't a sound argument to be making.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mac

prp..would you rather rely upon the opinions of those who are "analytics new hires", who have little OR NO EXPERIENCE IN FOOTBALL AT ANY LEVEL?

BTW, that is exactly how Stefanski was forced to operate this season.

Depodesta wanted MORE ANALYTICS and he got it...hire as much analytics types as you want Depo...Jimmy thinks that is what produced the 11-5 record in 2020 and punched the Browns ticket to the playoffs...it was all Depodesta and his analytics that got the Browns to the playoffs last year...therefore, Jimma believed that more anal ytics in 2021 would punch the Browns ticket to the Super Bowl...and Depos was given the green light to hire as many Ivy leagers as he wanted because Super Bowl teams are built on ANALYTICS...RIGHT???

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh dear God, here you go again. There's zero evidence that Stefanski was "forced" to operate this way. You sound like MKC.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Still working this after all this time? EVERY NFL team uses analytics. Thinking you're smarter than all 32 NFL teams isn't a sound argument to be making.
And yet there is Stefanski out there "fooling" everyone with his offensive "genius". LOL

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Which isn't the point at all. We saw a HC trying to find a way around an injured QB. Last year we saw a HC who had a healthy QB. Not that any of that seems to matter to you and some others.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Evidence?

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac

Your schtick of contantly asking questions of others while never answering those asked of you is beyond old. You've been doing it since you joined this place.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: archbolddawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Which isn't the point at all. We saw a HC trying to find a way around an injured QB. Last year we saw a HC who had a healthy QB. Not that any of that seems to matter to you and some others.
And yet the "genius" had a healthy QB the WHOLE time on the bench. What is the point of having a backup on the roster at that price only to CONTINUE to run a DAMAGED QB out on the field who OBVIOUSLY (unless you are totally blind) cannot perform at the level you need him to to WIN games? Or is it simply that the "genius" didn't think the backup QB had enough game to win? At that point, why the HELL is he on the roster? Stefanski leaves A LOT to be desired as a leader, a talent evaluator and as an in game manager (not even going to discuss his play calling). At what point does common sense kick in? Or can the "genius" simply not see how the lack of health is negatively affecting his QB's ability to perform? I mean seriously (in my best Vince Lombardi voice) WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT HERE? A lot of you may be sold on Stefanski. I'm not. He has just as much to prove in his role as Baker does next season. Berry can do everyone a favor by telling KS to give up play calling or be gone. It's time focus on being a HEAD COACH and understanding what that really means in the NFL. Period.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I take it you didn't watch Keenum play.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I take it you didn't watch Keenum play.
Again I ask: Why is he on the roster? Who made THAT call? Are the Browns, as an organization, THAT stupid? No Plan B at QB? Really? On a separate note, any thoughts on Mullins?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I would say that Keenum was signed more because he was familiar with the system than any other reason. What the coaching staff had to decide was whether a healthy Keenum was better than the injured Baker.

From every report Baker did well in practice. Tell me how many actual back up QB's in the NFL are legitimate "plan B's". Hell, a lot of NFL teams don't have a legitimate plan A.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
I would say that Keenum was signed more because he was familiar with the system than any other reason.
This sounds like speculation and guessing. I don't think you are an authority on reasons Keenum signed with the Browns.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by mac
BTW, that is exactly how Stefanski was forced to operate this season.

Depodesta wanted MORE ANALYTICS and he got it...hire as much analytics types as you want Depo...Jimmy thinks that is what produced the 11-5 record in 2020 and punched the Browns ticket to the playoffs ...it was all Depodesta and his analytics that got the Browns to the playoffs last year...therefore, Jimma believed that more analytics in 2021 would punch the Browns ticket to the Super Bowl ...and Depo was given the green light to hire as many Ivy leagers as he wanted because Super Bowl teams are built on ANALYTICS...RIGHT???
Link? Or just speculation and putting thoughts into peoples heads and putting words or motives in peoples mouths?

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's why I said "I would say". I guess you believe signing a backup that had no clue of anything about our system made more sense? But once again that's speculation on my part.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum ANALYTICS...had enough yet ?

Link Copied to Clipboard