Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
PitDAWG #1920448 01/17/22 11:35 PM
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Our local hospital

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN)- Mercy Health is reporting their highest hospitalizations during the pandemic.

Coronavirus in Ohio Saturday update: ODH backlog results in 50K cases reported
This may disrupt some services.

Mercy Health is seeing our highest number of COVID-19 hospitalizations since the start of the pandemic. Given the current volume in our communities and the severe strain on our staff and facilities, we are enacting crisis standards of care across our footprint. This does not mean that we provide lower standards of care, rather, that we evaluate and prioritize essential procedures and allocate resources and staff as needed to ensure our patients and communities receive the compassionate care they need.

While we are taking these extraordinary steps to best serve our patients during this crisis period, the health and safety of our patients and employees remains our priority.

Check with the hospital to see if this impacts you.

https://www.wkbn.com/news/coronavirus/mercy-health-adjusting-policy-for-patient-services/

E
Legend
Legend
E
Georgia's spike is already going down.

No Craps Given
PitDAWG #1920469 01/18/22 06:44 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
A study based on 52 people? Good Lord man.

LOl...while hardly conclusive, I guess all studies start somewhere.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
almost hit 2k deaths yesterday.

its cool though cause wearing a mask and getting vaxxed is dumb. im a patriot, i only care about myself.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Ballpeen #1920482 01/18/22 10:04 AM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Would this have all counted as misinformation?

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Our kids had to stay home from school last Friday. We drop them off at school but there weren’t enough bus drivers supposedly from a COVID surge.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Just got another box of 50 KN95s in the mail yesterday for personal use. The world is filled with plague rats. I don’t go out in public without one on my face.
For work it’s N95s all day. Omicron continues to rip through the long term care facilities where I see clients. What a mess.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Some of it, yes (what would you expect from an outlet like MSNBC?). Look, I've said before that I'm generally not a fan of some of the tactics the CDC has taken (generally NOT communicating like they're talking to adults), but there is still a difference between misinformation and reserving the right to get smarter. Looking at the dates on many of the 'gotcha' clips on there, I would put many of those into the latter bucket.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
What’s frustrating to me is people still watch the news, both sides, for information. Meanwhile the studies clearly show wearing the proper masks, KN95s or N95s, is the best measure to take to protect yourself. They’re now easy to order… yet here we are as a people squabbling over what Fauci, or Tucker, or Maddows, or or or says…

Get the proper masks. Wear them. It’s not rocket surgery. smile

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FATE
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
What’s frustrating to me is people still watch the news, both sides, for information. Meanwhile the studies clearly show wearing the proper masks, KN95s or N95s, is the best measure to take to protect yourself. They’re now easy to order… yet here we are as a people squabbling over what Fauci, or Tucker, or Maddows, or or or says…

Get the proper masks. Wear them. It’s not rocket surgery. smile

I thought it was kind of cool - Intooknmy mom to the bank when I was in Cleveland for the holidays and they had a basket of free KN95s in there that you could just take. Encouraging to see that after the way everything started initially (shortages and whatnot).

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Some people can't wrap their minds around how different strains of the virus act in different ways and as such what worked well for one variant doesn't apply for the next variant. They try to use people's lack of that understanding to label what was said in the past as misinformation. Quite sad really.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1920514 01/18/22 12:31 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Some people can't wrap their minds around “ORANGE MAN LIED!”

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The part that scares me the most is that when he eventually said vaccines and boosters are good, his acolytes turned on him. That train really got off the tracks.

I think that DeSantis smells blood in the water, too, based upon all the recent reports coming out. I feel like that could go one of two ways: they eventually feud with each other, which I don’t know what will do to the current dynamic on the far right, or DeSantis will pull a hostile takeover and Trump will save face by saying that he made DeSantis what he is.

DeSantis, to me, is actually more scary if the two. He’s not as belligerent, but he’s much more intelligent and polished as a politician. The way he prevented local governments from enacting laws as they saw fit shows that he’s one of those Big C conservatives who bases his ideology on populism and opportunism, and not on actual conservative ideals.

To Trump’s credit, he did help put DeSantis on the map, and it looks like DeSantis might go full Lord Baelish on him now.

Also, to Trump’s credit, he said that politicians who won’t reveal their vaccine status are gutless. I agree with him there. DeSantis is one of those politicians, and we (objective thinkers) all know why.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
https://www.jmbullion.com/020-2-oz-...vnG-DT2qws8QxqjTGw9Pk6ptGqQaAnK9EALw_wcB

This is stupid. Who would buy this? If I'm buying silver, I'm buying something pleasant.

No Craps Given
EveDawg #1920702 01/19/22 06:55 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Lol. I collect silver. I typically only buy art bars or rounds when my dealer will give them to me at the same price as equally weighted bullion/rounds. My dealer is cool so I’ve landed quite a few cool pieces over the years. If this one was presented I’d buy it. It’s oddity makes it kinda stand out. Stacking nothing but bullion can get boring at times.

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
You do you. I guess it could be appealing because you work in healthcare. For me, I would be drawn to animal art silver. Especially privys.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 01/21/22 06:45 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
https://www.covidtests.gov/

Get your free home covid test.

Credit where credit is due.

No Craps Given
2 members like this: dawglover05, OldColdDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
Good tune, thanks for posting. Hope faith gets you through… intelligence sure as hell isn't going to.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

I agree w/ Clay. I, too, was surprised at the large applause by the audience due to the political leanings pf those Bill attracts to see his show.

And I agree with Bari.

Most people are done with this....on the left, the right, and in-between..... even if they won't publicly say it.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
That’s cute. You may be done with it but I assure you it’s not done with us. I was in front of more COVID cases this week than I’ve been since early 2020. Granted the acuity of illness is lower for most, it’s not for all. It’s now ripping through my hospice coworkers. Which sucks for them and their family. It also sucks for me because I’m only one of two healthy nurses on our team. I’m running my ass off everyday filling the void.
Yeah, I’m ‘over it’ too. I wish I had the luxury of acting like it doesn’t exist. Must be nice to be blind to reality.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
That’s cute. You may be done with it but I assure you it’s not done with us. I was in front of more COVID cases this week than I’ve been since early 2020. Granted the acuity of illness is lower for most, it’s not for all. It’s now ripping through my hospice coworkers. Which sucks for them and their family. It also sucks for me because I’m only one of two healthy nurses on our team. I’m running my ass off everyday filling the void.
Yeah, I’m ‘over it’ too. I wish I had the luxury of acting like it doesn’t exist. Must be nice to be blind to reality.

yesterday 2100 people died of covid. but i guess since americans are done with covid, the virus is just gonna pack up and head on out now, huh.

the logic of some people breaks my brain. nothing but 404 error codes.

Last edited by Swish; 01/22/22 10:42 AM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: GMdawg
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Granted the acuity of illness is lower for most....

I think the above sums it up.

Personally, think it would suck to be a hospice nurse with or without Covid looming...I can't begin to imagine. But they're in hospice care for a reason, unfortunately. It could easily be pneumonia or something else that takes them as a result of why they are there in the first place. Call it heartless, immune to feelings, whatever. I really don't give a [censored]. It's the truth. Also, I think one talking about all these Covid deaths witnessed from the terminally ill as a baseline for the entire population is misleading due to the unfortunate circumstances for those people. But to each their own.

The vast majority of the even relatively healthy people will be fine and the data is showing this more and more. The number of recorded deaths FROM Covid, as opposed to WITH Covid, is becoming more and more unreliable as this information is finally being shared. The fact schools continue to do any variation of what Flint is doing is despicable, especially for our impoverished communities. Kids often times get their healthy meals ONLY at school, their necessary socialization skills, not to mention the education and retention of learning better provided at school than at home. Parents in impoverished communities on hourly wages have to stay at home with their children as a result cannot earn income. This is devastating for single parent households. The ripple effect financially, mentally, socially, etc. is terrible.

All this done for the safest age demographic against Covid and we know schools aren't the super spreaders "experts" claimed them to be.

The virtue signaling surrounding Covid is laughable at this point. I mean we had a turd on here tell everyone they needed to wear masks (not even N95s, just any type) but he even said he doesn't wear masks at the grocery store or Home Depot because they have, and I quote, "high ceilings." What a joke.

Get vaccinated (I am), or don't... I really don't care. It doesn't prevent one from getting Covid, again, like the "experts" said. Live your life. You might get sick from it, but the numbers show probably will not die FROM it. If you have other underlying illnesses that might exacerbate Covid (or you are older) and the death rate possibility, take extra care but many things can get you more sick at those states, not just Covid.

And yes, most people are done with this regardless of political leanings. And the fact people have continued to reference the political leaning of people's opinions on Covid is oh so very telling, sadly.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Most people are done with this....on the left, the right, and in-between..... even if they won't publicly say it.

She made some good points and articulated some of the issues well. She also made some glaringly wrong statements and leaped to conclusions that aren't justified.

"A pandemic of Bureaucracy" -- I mean that is a great sound bite. I mean as bad as "defund the police" - this is like the opposite. It's great. The trouble is that's a complete and total lie. 5.6 Million dead around the globe - a number most probably grossly under counted. That's not Bureaucracy.

Did the scientists get some things wrong? Did they underestimate how quickly the virus could mutate? Sure. Is that bad? Is that something to be used to then promote irresponsible behavior? Not to me - Everything about Covid 19 was new. Am I angry that at one time media and "science" said to wipe down your groceries? Or to wear a mask? No. You try to take the best precautions you can based on what you think. Was it an inconvenience? Pffft - mildly. If you think wearing a mask in public spaces is a terrible infringement on your right - your an ass. If you think you have the moral high ground because cloth masks aren't effective? You are wrong and still an ass. (not you Memphis - 'you' in general).

I went back to England last November - just like here, the news and radio was 90% Covid. What was taking up at least 50% of the air time was the emotional and phycological impact of isolation, remote schooling, increased suicide rates, increased self harm ... everything related to the lockdown. That's all real and a problem to overcome and address. But the simplistic "I'm done with Covid" is short sighted and as someone just said, Covid isn't done with us. I had a healthy if overweight friend die this last week - no pre-existing conditions. Under 50. Two kids under 12. He's one of thousands that Covid wasn't and won't be over with. There's 100's thousands in the coming months that Covid isn't over with either.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I won’t go line by line. Just know that though I’m a hospice nurse I go into care homes to see my clients where they live with other people who aren’t on hospice. Ages ranging from the 60’s up typically. So yes, my clients are fragile. Those that they live around are often ‘healthy’ elderly folks. They’re all getting COVID.
One of the nurse’s I work with, younger than me, was hospitalized with COVID. Yes, she likely won’t die, but she’s about to get a massive bill in the mail. That’ll be fun, huh.

Look, I don’t want COVID. I don’t want the flu. I don’t want a cold. Being sick sucks. Missing work sucks. Being ill and getting those around you in your life ill sucks.

I don’t need the news or the CDC or anyone else to tell me what I know. I’m sick of COVID, but there’s not a chance in hell anyone is coming onto my home. Nor will I enter anyone else’s. I’ll be wearing a KN95 or better masks in public for the long foreseeable future.

You do you. Maybe you won’t die. Maybe you’ll just end up with a $20,000+ bill from the hospital.

Me? I’m keeping diligent. There’s too many of you that think it’s time to act like it’s gone.

Insanity.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
It doesn't sum anything up. American deaths from Covid have risen from 1300 a day to over 2000 a day in less than a month. No matter who throws a tantrum about it doesn't change that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
We can't vaccinate our way out of this

Lockdowns only work until they end. Keeping society locked up forever is not feasible

Vaccine passports don't work.

Whats the solution?

In 2020, about 2.6 million Americans died from something other than covid. I never hear a peep from anyone about that. The world is filled with disease and other things that can kill us. Covid is another thing added to the list. If someone has a feasible solution to eradicate covid, I'm all ears. Given that's unlikely, reality is, covid is here to stay and we need to learn to live with it.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Squires #1921073 01/22/22 02:35 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
On some level I agree.
Though if you act like it’s nothing you may need to ‘learn to die from it’.
I’ll keep social distancing and masking. Too many willing human Petri dishes in the country to do anything else.
Darwin can decide the rest.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think you at least have to be consistent.

If people are refusing the vaccine, they shouldn’t complain if their companies raise their health insurance premiums, especially when it’s backed by statistics. You are presenting yourself as a higher risk for a crap ton of expenses in the ER. That exact thing happened to my sister.

I could go on and on, but I think my biggest qualm with people who “want to be done” or don’t want to be vaccinated is that they are also the ones who go into the ER screaming for help or also protest against their employee contributions getting raised. That puts the rest of us, especially people like Portland and JFan, in bad spots.

#gmstrong
Squires #1921076 01/22/22 02:42 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, deaths that can easily be prevented is the difference. I know that doesn't mean much to some. You are correct that we can't vaccinate our way out of Covid. But we can vaccinate our way out of 90% of deaths from Covid. Now if we could only vaccinate our way out of 90% of gun deaths, cancer, automobile accidents and......

Oh that's right, we can't.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921080 01/22/22 03:26 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
jc

As a side note. Got my Moderna booster yesterday morning at 10. By 3pm I was out on the couch. Slept for a couple hours. Then, like the last two times, I was up all night. Insomnia. Even my Ambien couldn’t put me down.
So today feel like a little slice of hell. Still didn’t stop me from coming to my shop. I can weld and feel awful. At least I’m welding…

[Linked Image]
PitDAWG #1921081 01/22/22 03:27 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yeah, deaths that can easily be prevented is the difference. I know that doesn't mean much to some. You are correct that we can't vaccinate our way out of Covid. But we can vaccinate our way out of 90% of deaths from Covid. Now if we could only vaccinate our way out of 90% of gun deaths, cancer, automobile accidents and......

Oh that's right, we can't.
So you're saying if everyone was vaccinated there would be no deaths. rofl

What's more troubling is this ongoing narrative that "90% of the deaths are unvaccinated". I don't know where it originated, I only know it was latched on to and repeated ad nauseam... and continues to this day.

Do you trust "science" and the CDC? Here's their report... released yesterday.

Here's the latest from the CDC:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm?s_cid=mm7104e2_w

Here's the accompanying chart:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm?s_cid=mm7104e2_w#T2_down

Here are the numbers, for those who don't want to click...

OCT / NOV DEATHS:

Unvaccinated: 1,108,298
Vaccinated with or without booster: 670,774

DECEMBER DEATHS:

Unvaccinated: 1,061,684
Vaccinated with or without booster: 925,999

Can you please tell me how a near 50/50 split still equals "90%"?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1921085 01/22/22 03:51 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ah I see. You don't know the difference between partially vaccinated and being fully vaccinated.

CDC Finds Unvaccinated 11 Times More Likely to Die of COVID

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...ted-11-times-more-likely-to-die-of-covid

CDC: Boosters 90 percent effective against hospitalization from omicron

https://www.localsyr.com/health/cor...ve-against-hospitalization-from-omicron/

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921096 01/22/22 04:38 PM
Legend
Legend
Ummm, so the report from the CDC from yesterday is FALSE?

I just reported the numbers...

Here, I'll do it again, just in case you actually want to respond to the facts:

OCT / NOV DEATHS:

Unvaccinated: 1,108,298
Vaccinated with or without booster: 670,774

DECEMBER DEATHS:

Unvaccinated: 1,061,684
Vaccinated with or without booster: 925,999

Can you please tell me how a near 50/50 split still equals "90%"?

Also, if you can explain how vaccination will prevent 90% of the deaths, as you stated, that will be interesting as well.

FATE #1921097 01/22/22 04:48 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
The article I posted was from yesterday and quoted the CDC as well. Your "with or without booster" along with no mention of "fully vaccinated" may help explain it. A person with one Covid shot has been vaccinated, just not fully vaccinated. But just keep denying the effectiveness of the vaccines. I mean that helps so many people.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921098 01/22/22 04:53 PM
Legend
Legend
They were all fully vaccinated!

People who only had one shot were counted as unvaccinated!

Look at the charts... FULLY VACCINATED / UNVACCINATED.
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/71/wr/mm7104e2.htm?s_cid=mm7104e2_w#T2_down

FATE #1921101 01/22/22 05:06 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Here is the CDC report from yesterday as it pertains to The United States.

COVID-NET: Hospitalization Rates by Vaccination Status in Adults

CDC’s Coronavirus Disease 2019-Associated Hospitalization Surveillance Network (COVID-NET) shows that rates of COVID-19-associated hospitalizations in December 2021 were markedly higher in unvaccinated adults compared to fully vaccinated adults who have received additional or booster doses of a COVID-19 vaccine. Among adults ages 50–64 years, the COVID-19-associated hospitalization rate in December among unvaccinated persons was 44 times higher than among those who were fully vaccinated and received an additional or booster dose. Among adults ages 65 years and older, compared to persons who were fully vaccinated and received an additional or booster dose, rates of COVID-19-associated hospitalizations were 49 times higher among unvaccinated adults.

What you are doing is using GLOBAL numbers, not AMERICAN numbers. In many parts of the world vaccines are being used that are not even approved here. Just look at your December death count. There haven't even been 900k deaths from Covid in America, much less in a month. We have very high standards for which vaccines have been approved in America. That's the biggest difference.

Would you actually find numbers for America if that's the point you're trying to make?

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921103 01/22/22 05:20 PM
Legend
Legend
Oh boy, now somehow the rest of the world is taking the wrong vaccine. Enough to change your "90%" to 50/50 Gotcha.

Meanwhile: Pfizer is available in 134 countries, J&J in 105 and Moderna in 85.

It's all those "fringe" vaccines doing all the killing. thumbsup

Still no word on preventing 90% of the deaths?

PitDAWG #1921107 01/22/22 05:47 PM
Legend
Legend
Also, your CDC report mashes all the numbers from August through December. It's quite obvious that Omicron was a game changer, that report even acknowledges the vast disparity and cites incomplete data during Omicron as a limitation in the study.

As another limitation, they cite: Second, the median interval from receipt of dose 3 to medical encounters was 41–44 days... In many of their studies they publish, they only examine patients that have received the booster within the last 30 days, it helps sway the numbers. I guess this is at least more realistic.

So I ask? Are you going out to get a booster every 45 days? If not, these numbers actually mean nothing to you in your everyday life.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Personally, think it would suck to be a hospice nurse with or without Covid looming...I can't begin to imagine. But they're in hospice care for a reason, unfortunately. It could easily be pneumonia or something else that takes them as a result of why they are there in the first place. Call it heartless, immune to feelings, whatever. I really don't give a [censored].

This statement tells me you COULDN’T be a hospice nurse. You lack any empathy. It’s sad… and a little gross.
I think it’s an honor to be a hospice nurse. I get to help people step away from their mortal coil. It’s actually kind of beautiful in many ways. I don’t expect you to understand… at all.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: jfanent
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid Part 9

Link Copied to Clipboard