Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
So because they feel their thinking is superior to the trash humans they preside over, they ignore the Courts, they ignore the damage they do to children and they continue with the power grab agenda.

Just

Nazis.

Eve, this is an example of actual hyperbole… and being totally nuts.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by GMdawg
they ignore the damage they do to children

LMAO What damage???

Forcing growing and learning children to wear masks stunts their development when it comes to social interaction and learning of facial expressions.

Deaf children can not read lips.

A big part of our own self identity is facial recognition. Todays kids are growing up in a faceless society.

Forcing children to wear masks all day renders the mask useless because of moisture buildup and snot.

Forcing children to grow up in a mask and hand sanitizer world will leave them vulnerable to every cold, flu and other illnesses once those masks come off,
hitting their stunted immune systems.

Still laughing?
There's more.

I'm laughing at how weak your antivaxxer, anti-masker, and Trumpian rants are. I guess you have never heard of a thing called the greater good. This anti anything that helps fight this pandemic because an orange fool denied it shtick is getting old as hell for those of us living in reality.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
No. He was admitting his role as a troll by singing his song for us all.

Ten hours worth… talk about overkill.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
they ignore the damage they do to children

LMAO What damage???

Forcing growing and learning children to wear masks stunts their development when it comes to social interaction and learning of facial expressions.

A big part of our own self identity is facial recognition. Todays kids are growing up in a faceless society.

Forcing children to wear masks all day renders the mask useless because of moisture buildup and snot.

Forcing children to grow up in a mask and hand sanitizer world will leave them vulnerable to every cold, flu and other illnesses once those masks come off,

Still laughing?
There's more.
[quote=GMdawg]
they ignore the damage they do to children[/q

LMAO What damage???

Still laughing?
There's more.

Forcing a child to wEAR mask. LMFAO you think this hurts children.... damn your so far beyond reality. Sorry my friend but you need serious mental health help.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: dawglover05
O
Legend
Legend
O

[Linked Image from memesmonkey.com]

Legend
Legend
So because they feel their thinking is superior to the trash humans they preside over, they ignore the Courts, they ignore the damage they do to children and they continue with the power grab agenda.

Just

Nazis.

Exactly... That's exactly what Trumpians "LIKE YOU" are doing.... Trumpians are the true Nazi's of Today.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
‘Stealth omicron’ sub-variant found in Santa Clara County

Two cases of omicron BA.2 sub-variant identified

Santa Clara County health officials Tuesday said they have identified two COVID-19 cases of a worrisome sub-lineage of the fast-spreading omicron variant.

Health officials had little information Tuesday about the two cases of the sub-lineage, known as BA.2, and said it’s not yet known whether it is more transmissible or virulent than the dominant omicron sub-lineage, known as BA.1.

“The BA.2 sub-lineage is much rarer, but has begun to pop up in places, including California and Santa Clara County and other places around the world,” Santa Clara County Deputy Health Officer Dr. George Han said Tuesday.

Han said it’s unclear how troubling the new variant might be, and he had little information to share about the two local cases.

“The main thing about this sub-lineage is that because it’s so much less common, we don’t know much about it,” Han said. “Early indications are that it probably behaves much like the omicron BA.1 sub-lineage, but it’s hard to tell because of the small number of cases so far.”

According to the World Health Organization, the omicron variant has four lineages known as B.1.1.529, BA.1, BA.2 and BA.3. While the BA.1 lineage has previously been the most dominant, recent trends from India, South Africa, the United Kingdom and Denmark suggest that BA.2 is increasing in proportion, the WHO said.

“Drivers of transmission and other properties of BA.2 are under investigation but remain unclear to date,” the WHO said in a Jan. 21 update.

BA.2 has been dubbed “stealth omicron” because most Omicron variant sequences include a deletion in the S gene, which can cause what scientists call an “S gene target failure” in PCR tests that has been used to identify variants as omicron. The BA.2 sub-lineage, however, lacks that S gene deletion, the WHO said, so using that S gene target failure to identify omicron might miss the BA.2 lineage.

Han said that the BA.2 sub-lineage can be identified by a full genetic sequencing, which is not commonly done on most virus samples, but was used to identify the Santa Clara County cases.

BA.2 also has been reported in Washington state and Texas. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and California Department of Public Health have not been separately tracking the sub-lineage publicly.

The California Department of Public Health said Tuesday that as of Jan. 24 there were a total of 11 confirmed BA.2 cases in the state.

“New variants will continue to evolve as long as there are large pockets of unvaccinated people,” the department of public health said in a statement. “Strengthening our protection against COVID-19 through vaccination and boosting is more important than ever.”

Denmark’s Staten Serum Institut in Copenhagen last week reported that the proportion of BA.2 cases in the country had risen in just weeks from 20% to 45%, and told the the Washington Post on Monday it now accounts for 65%.

On Friday, the United Kingdom Health Security Agency designated BA.2 a “variant under investigation,” on the basis of “increasing numbers of BA.2 sequences identified both domestically and internationally.”

The Health Security Agency said a total of 40 countries have uploaded 8,040 BA.2 sequences since Nov. 17 and it is unknown where the sub-lineage may have originated. The first sequences were submitted from the Philippines, and most samples have been uploaded from Denmark — 6,411. Other countries that have uploaded more than 100 samples are India (530), Sweden (181), and Singapore (127), the agency said.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/01/25/stealth-omicron-sub-variant-found-in-santa-clara-county/

Here we go again... wonder what little twist this one has...

O
Legend
Legend
O
Please correct me if I have this wrong....

Despite not knowing very much about this sub-variant, we're worried because the most commonly used tests can't accurately detect which variant it is?

It's not more transmissible/infectious. Not more lethal. And doesn't evade detection (in terms of telling you if you have COVID or not). It's simply a (potential) nightmare for that one column in our spreadsheet?

I think we need to step outside and get some sunshine or something.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I had no idea that with this new variant that we know if it's more lethal, or more transmissible as of yet.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
My wife and I stopped watching the news nightly We watch maybe 2 times a week, and I noticed immediately that my wife, who is a germaphobe and gets anxious with COVID news, has been very at ease and relaxed more regularly.

There is very little happening in the world that one needs to be aware of at every minute with instant reporting.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
PitDAWG #1921933 01/26/22 01:04 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
And yet we have groups labeling this sub-variant "stealth omicron", and calling it worrisome.

Before we all get into it... I am well aware that we, as a country, would probably be much better off if more people took the pandemic more seriously. That said, these kinds of articles are nothing short of baseless hysteria. As of now, they've put more effort into coming up with a catchy nickname than they have with figuring out what it is and what it means for us.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
“New variants will continue to evolve as long as there are large pockets of unvaccinated people,” the department of public health said in a statement. “Strengthening our protection against COVID-19 through vaccination and boosting is more important than ever.”

Denmark’s Staten Serum Institut in Copenhagen last week reported that the proportion of BA.2 cases in the country had risen in just weeks from 20% to 45%, and told the the Washington Post on Monday it now accounts for 65%.
Meanwhile, Denmark sports one of the world's highest vaccination rates at 80% I don't think the vaccine will help.

Meanwhile, in Israel, cases have been exploding to the point where 1% of the population tested positive in a single day. They have a vaccination rate of over 90%, a booster rate of over 80%. People are standing in lines for their second booster despite their leaders warning that it is ineffective against all strains. According to Regev-Yochay, the third dose resulted in “much higher antibodies, neutralization and the antibodies were not just higher in quantity but also in quality” than the second dose – but the fourth vaccine did not show significant antibody increase.

Still not going to vaccinate our way out of Covid.

But at least Pfizer is working on a new vaccine for omicron. By the time you get that one, a new strain will reign, but don't worry -- they'll stay ahead of the curve. thumbsup

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
O
Legend
Legend
O
Meh, I took it as just another variant being discovered and they are not sure what or if it has any new surprises. And the worry seems to be more that it is new/rare but starting to show up everywhere.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/26/22 01:14 PM.

FATE #1921938 01/26/22 01:15 PM
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
It's like there is a business model embedded in there!

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

There is! It's called virology. It's a whole field of science. smh

Legend
Legend
Well, they have plenty of seed capital... The gubment just sent them a check for 5.3 billion -- upfront -- for the new "covid pill".

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
My wife and I stopped watching the news nightly We watch maybe 2 times a week, and I noticed immediately that my wife, who is a germaphobe and gets anxious with COVID news, has been very at ease and relaxed more regularly.

There is very little happening in the world that one needs to be aware of at every minute with instant reporting.

I heard a saying once - and I couldn't agree with it more: "Cable news networks are doing to parents, what the parents think video games are doing to their kids."

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

There is! It's called virology. It's a whole field of science. smh
Science says if you create vaccine after vaccine for each strain of covid, we will conquer it??

Nah, that not science says... more like Simon Says.

FATE #1921944 01/26/22 01:26 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Funny, I haven't heard that they are creating vaccine after vaccine… That sounds more like Tucker Carlson.

FATE #1921950 01/26/22 01:43 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You seem to be confusing, " vaccinating our way out of Covid" with greatly reducing the death count, hospitalizations and long Covid cases.

Infections at record high, hospitalisations low as Omicron sweeps Israel

https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...ns-low-omicron-sweeps-israel-2022-01-06/

I would have thought after our last go around that you understood the difference but it seems not.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE #1921951 01/26/22 01:44 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Well, they have plenty of seed capital... The gubment just sent them a check for 5.3 billion -- upfront -- for the new "covid pill".

Yeah, saving lives is such a terrible thing. I can't imagine what you would say if they sat on their hands and did nothing.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921952 01/26/22 01:47 PM
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]

2 members like this: jfanent, MemphisBrownie
FATE #1921954 01/26/22 01:53 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, people who die from Covid and overrunning our hospitals is changing the goal posts in a Covid thread.

rofl

Great way to deflect from the human cost of Covid and discussing the most important part of the topic.

#gmstrong
FATE #1921957 01/26/22 01:57 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I agree that I don't think vaccines will "conquer it," but I do think the vaccines have proven their worth in helping the survivability ratio. From what I also understand, they help prevent the development of variants. Someone like Lyuok would be much better than me at explaining whether that's true or not, but as I understand it from articles like this one, the virus has more opportunities to replicate in unvaccinated individuals, and therefore has more chances to vary itself (hence variant):

https://www.henryford.com/blog/2021/09/get-vaccinated-to-stop-variants

I do think that if everyone took it seriously, got vaccinated and whatnot, that we would have the ability to conquer the vaccine. That's never going to happen though, especially with the divisive political climate that has now attached itself to something that should be completely apolitical. I could cite to one very specific poster on this board as to how out-of-control it has gotten, but I won't. I think it goes without saying, though.

The biggest thing is that I don't know what alternative there is out there. I see a lot of people devoting time to poking holes in the vaccine construct, while offering no other alternatives.

At this point, the best plan I can see toward survivability and combating the virus is to get vaccinated and keep up with the boosters. The counter to that is not getting vaccinated and "risking it" by trying to achieve natural immunity, which would also I think speed up the variant creation, basically making that option impossible, and likely a far worse alternative. Also, if we're looking at that angle through a cost lens (like we are with the money being spent on vaccines), I imagine the impact to health care costs would rise far beyond what is being spent on vaccines.

To that end, I think one of the problems I have with a lot of the anti-vaccine movement is that there is a desire to have one's cake and eat it, too. I'll cite my sister, for example. Her reasons for not getting vaccinated are way-whacky. I won't get into it. I'll just say it's close to the level of that one poster I previously referred to. A few months ago, she was throwing a hissy-fit about her employer stating that employees who were unvaccinated had to pay a higher premium for the company-offered health insurance premiums. All kinds of hysteria about "mah rights" and whatnot. Beginning of last month, she got COVID (Delta), and spent a week in the ER. Can't imagine the bill. She tried all the other solutions, too. Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine, I can't remember if there was anything to do with monoclonal antibodies, but I believe there was. Her daughter (vaccinated), tested positive, but was almost entirely asymptomatic. Tested negative a few days later after quarantining.

So, to that end, it bothers me that some people want to exercise their right to live like it's 2019, while then complaining that they have to pay more for health insurance, but then rack up ER costs, which then get passed on to other policy-holders, while also exhausting our frontline healthcare workers, like we see with some of our board members.

It comes down to a diligence and responsibility aspect to me. If you do your due diligence and try to be responsible, then you should be helped out if something goes south. However, if you prioritize your rights and your independence, then you need to take responsibility and deal with the repercussions, and not put it on everyone else.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1921958 01/26/22 01:57 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
That's supposed to be moving the goal post? I thought it was a yellow trumpian stick man dodging questions and avoiding truths.

PitDAWG #1921959 01/26/22 01:59 PM
Legend
Legend
Dude, it it not my fault you are incapable of reading. I've all but given up. I had an inkling to rehash the conversation so that maybe you would understand...

It's not worth it.

You can go on with you sad, tired, low-iq narrative 'til you choke on it for all I care.

O
Legend
Legend
O
DL05, don't bother explaining or bringing facts to the table. Anyone still playing political games when it comes to fighting covid is a lost cause. All the education in the world can't help them.

Legend
Legend
That's supposed to be moving the goal post? I thought it was a yellow trumpian stick man dodging questions and avoiding truths.
Did you ask me a question, Bubby?

Neither did Karen... nice try.

FATE #1921963 01/26/22 02:04 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

No, I asked Pit. But thanks for playing and have a great day.

FATE #1921966 01/26/22 02:20 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You forgot to tell Dawglover that he's trying to move the goal posts too. rofl Deaths and hospitalizations seem to mean more to some than others I suppose. And the odd thing about it is that it seems to mean less to those that claim they are "right to lifers". Strange times we live in.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
DL05, don't bother explaining or bringing facts to the table. Anyone still playing political games when it comes to fighting covid is a lost cause. All the education in the world can't help them.

I don't want to disparage anyone - especially Memphis or Fate because I actually like them. Nobody can ever actually change anyone else's mind, but I'm never opposed to having a reasoned discussion back and forth, whether or not we disagree. Sure, barbs get thrown and whatnot, but I usually can ignore that.

Now, on the other hand, there are others who are willfully obtuse and speak only out of fear, rage, or ignorance, with little to no logical basis, and/or extremely closed minds. That gets under my skin as I realize our country is becoming more and more controlled by that mindset, pushing logical minds into the margins.

I'm looking at you, oober wink laugh

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Don't really want to tear your post apart point by point, I'll respond to most of it in order. Great post, btw.

First, the ongoing disclaimer, I've said it a thousand times, but every post being met with "you don't care if people die" (regardless of the context) painting a clear (false) impression...

I've never, ever, ever, ever, (is that enough?) said that people shouldn't get the vaccine, most people should. I've never, ever, ever, disputed the fact that it prevents deaths. The numbers are obvious.

*First the "conquer covid" was in response to the new Pfizer "omicron vaccine". Omicron has already peaked, why would we be paying Pfizer for an omicron vaccine??? Here's why... because it's marketable and profitable. Plain and simple. All you need to sell that to the gubment is "it will save lives". Period.

*The "help prevent variants" is a long-shot if variants continue to act the way omicron has. Although there is no real indication that further variants will.

*Your next point is valid, however, it's the part of the flowchart where Americans seem to disconnect themselves from the ROW... All these variants (every single one, to the best of my knowledge) come from another part of the world. Sure, if we could raise South Africa's vac rate from the high 20's, the Philippines and India above 50%, maybe Omicron BA.2 never happens? But then, to support the argument, you have to totally disregard the fact that omicron gave not one [censored] if you were vaccinated, boosted, or had natural immunity (the black sheep that still gets ignored in every conversation).

*So, on to the black sheep... Our own CDC just reported that natural immunity was better in fighting Delta during the Delta wave -- case rates 6.2 times lower among vaccinated but 29 times lower among unvaccinated with previous infection. I thought it was funny that the only American news outlet to report it was Fox, while news outlets from the ROW reporting our own CDC's facts were everywhere. Studies from all over the globe have been saying that for over a year, we've been sweeping the facts under the rug.

*To your "keep up with boosters" comment. Sure, as long as they are targeted against forthcoming variants before they arrive (an impossibility unless you have a crystal ball). Otherwise, the boosters are also useless, see my previous posts from medical experts in Israel, the highest vaccinated and boostered country on the planet. Second boosters offer all but NO rise in immunity.

*On to the "anti-vax" portion of your comment. Couldn't agree more, at face value. The real problem is that anyone with any kind of differing opinion is labeled "anti-vax". Any contrarian comment is labeled as "misinformation", even if it is dripping wet with facts from our own health professionals. "Anti-vax" has become the tagline for anyone that doesn't toe the company line in totality and without comment.

So yes... due diligence is the operative phrase. Wash your hands, wear a mask in public, social distance, don't be stupid. Get the vaccine if you are in any way health compromised. Get the vaccine / boosters if you are over 65... 85% of the worldwide deaths, October through December were among unnvaccinated people over 65!

Legend
Legend

NO, you inferred I was a trumpian, dodging questions. I merely stated that no one asked me a question, I know it's hard to understand. Reading is comprehensive, you'd think it would be pretty easy when reading one's own words. Guess not.

FATE #1921998 01/26/22 04:10 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I was not directing any of my qualms at you nor considering you anti-vax, just to make that clear.

As far as the omicron variant goes, I think there are two core issues to think about - and I'm not sure what the answer is. On one hand, you have the variant itself which emerged in South Africa, which is less than 50% vaccinated. Therefore, the odds are that the variant itself emerged in the unvaccinated community. So that feeds into issue number one about the opportunity and the rates of variants emerging in populations with lower vaccination percentages. The next thing to think about is once that variant emerged, it was able to somewhat pierce the veil and infect people who were previously vaccinated. What I/we don't know - to my knowledge at least - is mutatabiity of omicron in vaccinated people who have contracted it vs people who contracted it that were not vaccinated.

I do hope that natural immunity continues on as a safeguard. I remember (could be wrong) reading from those reports that there was a lot more variation in the population where data was received vs those who were vaccinated (e.g. the range between those who still got deathly ill vs those who were completely fine). From what I understand, Omicron is by far the most infectious, but also the most mild form of the virus that is out there. The fact that it's mild actually makes it more infectious, because you're not down and out right away and you have a longer time period to keep spreading. I'm hoping - best case scenario probably - that the variants that keep forming become increasingly like this, especially for people who are unvaccinated, which hopefully leads to lower death rates and somehow builds immunity against more deadly variants, like Delta. I'm not sure, though, if contracting Omicron would make someone more immune to something like Delta, though. I'm sure somebody on here knows more about that than I do.

As far as the boosters go, I think it still makes sense from an anti-bodies approach. Maintaining your baseline. Also, doesn't the flu shot every year basically try to predict which variants of the flu are coming out as a predictability measure? That was my understanding at least. If that's true, hopefully the same could take place with COVID.

I'm not casting a wide net when I say anti-vax, but it drives me crazy - and I'm guessing it drives you crazy too - when people spread belligerent and false information about the vaccine - and then end up clogging the ERs and therefore spending beaucoup money, which gets spread to the rest of us, who do try to do our due diligence. That crowd is also the same to complain when their companies want their health insurance premiums raised for not getting the vaccine because they view it as a rights issue, when it's really a bottom-line issue. If people are "at war" with the vaccine, they have to accept the consequences.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I'm looking at you, oober wink laugh

[video:youtube]
[/video]

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
I didn't have any inkling that you were, no worries.

Proliferation in an areas with weak vaccination numbers is a very good point. And that's where the disconnect lies with the narrative in America. WE were never going to vaccinate our way out of this because we never had control over vaccination on the rest of the globe. Also, "somewhat pierce" is an understatement. Again, omicron gave not one damn if you were vaccinated... or boostered. The numbers don't lie. Look at the outbreak in the NFL... nearly every player was vaccinated, most within three to four months, many with a subsequent booster.

And following the flow of your thoughts, mutatability really isn't being measured and would be very hard to measure. My best guess is that it wouldn't really matter since vaccination payed little regard to the stopping the infection in the first play... obviously just my opinion. But that leads me to another thought that has left me scratching my head -- if you have case studies and are constantly compiling data, why are we not taking simple measures to at least determine what variant the participants have?? Study after study with a disclaimer that full testing to ascertain which variant the subject had was not done. Why not? Drives me crazy. The best we can do is say "during the delta wave" as our attempt at pinpointing pertinent information. Anyway...

Newer studies are that boosters are not "maintaining a baseline" the way we once thought.

A fourth COVID-19 booster mRNA vaccine has proven ineffective against Omicron infection, according to preliminary research from Israel released on Monday.

According to Regev-Yochay, the third dose resulted in “much higher antibodies, neutralization and the antibodies were not just higher in quantity but also in quality” than the second dose – but the fourth vaccine did not show significant antibody increase.

https://healthpolicy-watch.news/israel-fourth-covid-booster-ineffective/#:~:text=An%20Israeli%20woman%20gets%20a,from%20Israel%20released%20on%20Monday.

Israel seems like they'll be leading the edge in regard to new facts and hypotheses where "boosters" are concerned since over 90% of the public is vaccinated and over 80% boostered.

Boosters are giving people the same vaccine as the original, nothing has changed besides the dosage. Both showed their inadequacies during delta and neither effectively evades omicron, one may surmise that the same will be true with new variants. Facts? There are none in this regard... we pay as we play. My most blunt opinion on boosters is "can't hurt", but that opinion comes with a disclaimer: as getting boostered, over and over again, can't possibly be healthy.

In the end, I'll say what I've always said... Conquering covid (not to be read as eliminating it) will require a menu mix of vaccination and infection. It was never going to happen without both participants and the prospects were purely and simply impossible. Omicron and strains like it will be a blessing in leading us to that day. High infection to spread more immunity to the masses, lower death rate than previous strains.

You (not "you") can look at those statements and call me "heartless" or scream about the deaths; but in my mind they are simple facts that have nothing to do with political affiliation, "freedoms" or science as a whole.

Last edited by FATE; 01/26/22 05:38 PM.

Legend
Legend
And yes, to your last point, the b.s. drives me bat$h*t crazy. I don't have much of a filter and it's caused my wife a few uncomfortable moments through all of this. "You're worried about a "chip" in the vaccine while you carry your cell phone everywhere you go? Are you crazy?!"

My former business partner had to bury his dad... 72 years old, cancer survivor, hasn't been in good health for over ten years. REFUSED to get vaccinated, even at the urging of his wife and kids. Why did he die? Ask his son... "too many health issues and way too much Fox news".

On the other side of the fence is the other side of our family... Still hiding in a cave, vaccinated, boostered, wiping down packaging from their Wal-Mart delivery as we speak. That's fine, "you do you", but that's not enough for them. Getting together for Christmas was accommodated by their demand that everybody "test" that morning.

No problem, not even with my wife's sister's family that watches videos about the magnets in the vaccine. So what happens Christmas Eve? "We're not going to get together because xxxx isn't vaccinated?" Really? Testing was your be-all-end-all, now it's not good enough? Not having covid doesn't cut it if someone's not vaccinated? So what about "we're not coming over because we don't feel comfortable". Or more bluntly, considering the absurdity, "Christmas is a no-go because we're still afraid of our own shadow".

So now my wife is crying -- because her mom is crying -- on her way over to drop off Christmas presents to the "good" part of the family. The same mom that has been used by them as a pawn since covid started... "Have you been around xxx? Really? Then you can't watch the kids until you quarantine for two weeks, I guess we'll just have to pay for childcare."

She's made herself a prisoner in her own house to accommodate all of their strict "rules".

Funny thing is we've ALL had covid, none of us with more than a few days of hangover-like symptoms, most of us with no real symptoms at all. Yes, covid has now pierced their "great wall" of vaccination and boosterization... and incessant virtue signaling.

I've seen it from all angles.

1 member likes this: s003apr
FATE #1922050 01/26/22 08:36 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

NO, you inferred I was a trumpian, dodging questions. I merely stated that no one asked me a question, I know it's hard to understand. Reading is comprehensive, you'd think it would be pretty easy when reading one's own words. Guess not.

Break out your dictionary there BIG READER. Then look up sarcastic/sarcasm as it applies to responses. And I get that you think you are smart, and you probably are for the crowd you're a part of, but IMO, you are seriously under equipped to get into a battle of wits. Not that I think you are unintelligent, because I don't. But the mere suggestion that you are in any way my intellectual superior is hilarious to me. Maybe you should go be a right-wing comedian. You could tell Trump jokes and clean up, since you don't support him.

EDIT: BTW, since we're talking about reading comprehension, I called the stick man Trumpian and you surmised (inferred) it was about you. But nice try.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/26/22 08:44 PM.

Legend
Legend

You've been saying masks are ineffective, so how can this statement be true?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
figured I'd share this with everyone

I have 2 friends in the hospital right now and 1 family member. (All 3 are vaxed and boosted)

All 3 in the hospital with something called covid pneumonia.

I had never heard of such a thing until this week

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid Part 9

Link Copied to Clipboard