Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
My aunt had that, and we damn near lost her bro. She's in her late 70s, got covid, spent 6 weeks in the hospital, then had to go to a convalescent home for almost two months. Almost 6 months after all of that and she's still fighting covid induced brain fog. But she's home and with family, so it's not too bad now.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/26/22 09:15 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by FATE
That's supposed to be moving the goal post? I thought it was a yellow trumpian stick man dodging questions and avoiding truths.
Did you ask me a question, Bubby?

Neither did Karen... nice try.

No, I asked Pit. But thanks for playing and have a great day.

NO, you inferred I was a trumpian, dodging questions. I merely stated that no one asked me a question, I know it's hard to understand. Reading is comprehensive, you'd think it would be pretty easy when reading one's own words. Guess not.

Break out your dictionary there BIG READER. Then look up sarcastic/sarcasm as it applies to responses. And I get that you think you are smart, and you probably are for the crowd you're a part of, but IMO, you are seriously under equipped to get into a battle of wits. Not that I think you are unintelligent, because I don't. But the mere suggestion that you are in any way my intellectual superior is hilarious to me. Maybe you should go be a right-wing comedian. You could tell Trump jokes and clean up, since you don't support him.

EDIT: BTW, since we're talking about reading comprehension, I called the stick man Trumpian and you surmised (inferred) it was about you. But nice try.
Ahhh, so your response was a sarcastic one that had nothing to do with the actual conversation, just an opportunity to >insert< Trump. Got it. It's always tough to filter through everything here.

Never said anything to suggest I was your "intellectual superior", but I'm glad you're entertained. You seem confused about whether you think I'm smart or dumb, I'll admit I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed if it makes you feel better.

You seem butthurt, so for that, I apologize.

PS... I'll work on some Trump jokes, but the Biden jokes write themselves. Man's gotta eat. wink

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My aunt had that, and we damn near lost her bro. She's in her late 70s, got covid, spent 6 weeks in the hospital, then had to go to a convalescent home for almost two months. Almost 6 months after all of that and she's still fighting covid induced brain fog. But she's home and with family, so it's not too bad now.

that's crazy.

one is mid 70's one is mid 30's and the other is early 40's.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
FATE #1922082 01/26/22 11:33 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't think you're dumb. Not at all. I would say as much if that's what I thought. You know I don't hold back. And the crowd I referenced is GOPers.

I was saying you're not going to beat me in a battle of wits, after your 'Reading is comprehensive' jab. Take that however you want.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

that's crazy.

one is mid 70's one is mid 30's and the other is early 40's.

Well I wish them a speedy recovery SBD, damn shame.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2022/j...n-for-stopping-covid-antibody-treatments

I find this utterly ridiculous. Again, I am fairly confident there are those that want people to die. Those that take away proven avenues for treatment other than the vaccine. This virus attacks people differently and using different treatments to attack this virus is a good thing. Typical, Democrat response though. They do not care about people. They care about their power. They will put sick people in nursing homes with your elderly parents. Take away therapeutically treatments for a virus that has been proven time and again to work.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
FATE #1922127 01/27/22 11:06 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think the fact still remains that the boosters keep up your anti-body count, like Portland had mentioned, which does help the rate of survivability and hospitalization. So that's the value I see with the booster. With the degradation of antibodies over time, it would seem logical you want to keep them up, hopefully not as often as we currently do, to keep yourself within the better statistical odds. We typically have flu shots every year or so. I can't imagine that getting a booster for COVID would be any less healthy than that, considering the positive history regarding vaccine effects. My hope is that the technology continues to improve on this front, too.

I do agree that we were never going to vaccinate our way out of everything. My frustration remains with people who refuse the vaccine, at least when it is not based on solid grounds (magnetism, conspiracy theories, etc.). I understand the practicality of the situation that of course there will be people who refuse and we have to deal with that, but on the other hand, it does lend to some element of logical frustration, which I think is a lot of the ire we see permeate the board and society, as a whole. Not to mention the even more pointed frustration I have with cases, such as my sister's.

As far as the variant goes, I think we do have a good inkling about where they come from. I think so far, the variants have appeared so far in areas with very low vaccination rates, lending credence to the fact that they evolved in unvaccinated populations. Do I know that with 100% certainty? No, but I'd be willing to bet on it, given the odds. I am curious - as I'm sure you are - to see how it goes with Omicron. The fact that Omicron has infected people who are vaccinated I don't think yet gives us a glimpse of Omicron's potency for mutation in those individuals. Again, this is starting to get way above my head, but from a bird's eye view, if Omicron itself variates into another strain in a population with high vaccination rates, then I will become increasingly concerned. In that bad scenario, my hope is that it continues its "downward trend" of potency and trends more toward being a common cold, which would at least give way to antibodies that would hopefully still safeguard against more potent strains, like Delta. Basically, the weak versions would crowd out the strong ones.

I'm sure there are many on here who know this stuff way more than I do, so please chime in on that last point. And I'm talking about legit people, like Lyuok...not someone who wants to post videos from a Sandy Hook denier.

Good discussion.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
figured I'd share this with everyone

I have 2 friends in the hospital right now and 1 family member. (All 3 are vaxed and boosted)

All 3 in the hospital with something called covid pneumonia.

I had never heard of such a thing until this week

You honestly had never heard of this before now? What do you think all those people were dying of in the first waves? Their lungs filled with fluids… because of COVID. THAT’S the definition of pneumonia. Aka fluid filled lungs.

Did you never know what pneumonia was? Or did you not understand that this is what COVID caused? I’m confused as to how we can be two years into this and you are just now learning this foundational fact.?.

[Linked Image]
FATE #1922167 01/27/22 03:01 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You're right, the numbers don't lie. You can't vaccinate your way out of covid but you can certainly vaccinate your way out of the vast majority of the deaths and hospitalizations associated with Covid.

As of the week ending 1/22

Percentage of covid deaths in people 65 and over 74.3%

Percentage of covid deaths among people between 45 and 64 is 21.4%

Percentage of people under 45 is 4.3%

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/covid19/mortality-overview.htm

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
It's like there is a business model embedded in there!

The only business model I'm seeing is people who wish to undermine and dismiss how many lives the vaccines have saved.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE #1922169 01/27/22 03:06 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You can go on with you sad, tired, low-iq narrative 'til you choke on it for all I care.

So now you resort to petty name calling like a petulant child while accusing someone else of having a low IQ?

rofl

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1922177 01/27/22 03:24 PM
Legend
Legend
Pit's back!

I see you've met your hourly quota of reminding everyone with any opinion that covid kills. Thanks, we were still not sure if people were actually dying.

A. Didn't call anybody a name.
B. "petulant child" is my term, you can't use it without permission.
C. I said the narrative is low-iq... because it couldn't be much lower.

Let's examine typical posts and your robotic responses...

"Seems like the boosters aren't working"
Pit: "Covid kills!"

"I don't think the vaccine is better than natural immunity"
Pit: "Covid kills!"

"Seems like omicron is impervious to the vaccine"
Pit: "Tell that to all the loved ones of the dead... Covid kills!"

And on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on...

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
PitDAWG #1922181 01/27/22 03:32 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You can go on with you sad, tired, low-iq narrative 'til you choke on it for all I care.

So now you resort to petty name calling like a petulant child while accusing someone else of having a low IQ?

rofl

Oh, the irony.....

Just yesterday from Pit:
Try again Karen.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1920501/3/malik-mcdowell-arrested

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P

rofl

Oh, the irony.....

Just yesterday from Pit:
Try again Karen.

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1920501/3/malik-mcdowell-arrested

You obviously missed the part of how he was trying to claim he was so smart in this thread. And how those who disagreed with him were "low IQ". But I'm not surprised you missed it. Try again Karen.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1922183 01/27/22 03:41 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

rofl

Oh, the irony.....

Just yesterday from Pit:
Try again Karen.

You obviously missed the part of how he was trying to claim he was so smart in this thread. And how those who disagreed with him were "low IQ". But I'm not surprised you missed it. Try again Karen.

It's always so much fun seeing you try and twist out of your self- owns. It never seems to work, however.

Tackles are tackles.
FATE #1922185 01/27/22 03:44 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Here's the difference. You claim the "vaccines don't work". The only way in which they don't work is stopping the spread. To me greatly reducing deaths and hospitalizations means it is working. So yes, I emphasis the most important point of all. And you natural immunity statement? I guess if you wish to risk being one of the vast majority of those who die or end up in the hospital from covid in order to establish natural immunity.....

It really bothers you when people point out the most important part of this while you are busy undermining it from every other possible angle doesn't it?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Awe, If you think I really care what you think you are misguided. You'll get what you give. So will the rest of you. But keep whining about it if it makes you feel better.

#gmstrong
FATE #1922190 01/27/22 04:13 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
He's right though. The vaccines are THE BEST defense that we have. It's only because they were so politicized that we are even having these conversations. I did some reading on the Spanish flu pandemic, they had a mask mandate and if you didn't wear one you went to jail. I've also read that the historical average length of a pandemic is 2.5 to 3.5 years, then the virus usually mutates into a less threatening form. That's what happen with the Spanish Flu and some mutation of that is still with us. So covid is not going away, it's following a natural course for a pandemic virus. So if we need to boost, reformulate, or develop new vaccines for a few variants, so be it. For a total of 3-4 years, being almost two years in, I think we can play wack-a-mole with the variants for two more years if need be. BECAUSE, think of the lives saved.

Going to jail for being mask slackers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ask-slackers-faced-jail-time/8929102002/

Comparing Pandemics

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...-pandemic-as-the-omicron-variant-spreads

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/27/22 04:16 PM.

PitDAWG #1922193 01/27/22 04:19 PM
Legend
Legend

rofl

Oh, the irony.....

Just yesterday from Pit:
Try again Karen.

Nope. Try again.

I said your non-stop, never-ending narrative was "low-iq"... three times now.

Look, I realize that your m.o. in posting here on DT is mostly some sadistic satisfaction with twisting every thread or post into something it never was. But your above statement is blatant trolling, plain and simple. I never said I was smarter than anybody.

You just want something to show up on the screen that others may believe, or maybe a buddy or two will pile on and move the goalposts even further.

Pitiful.

PitDAWG #1922195 01/27/22 04:26 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

rofl

Oh, the irony.....

Just yesterday from Pit:
Try again Karen.

Sorry Pit, but fate just told me in an earlier post that he wasn't the brightest bulb in the box.

FATE #1922196 01/27/22 04:28 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wrong. I had your back, and was typing it while you posted your last post.

A
Legend
Legend
A

rofl

Oh, the irony.....

Just yesterday from Pit:
Try again Karen.

Twasn't but a few days ago he called me a little man. He does, daily, what he rants about others doing.

Mark my words, he'll be here soon to refute me.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Can we get past this lover’s quarrel and get to my last post related to super, two years into a pandemic, just now learning about the COVID pneumonia that was the cause of death of a large percentage of the 800,000 COVID deaths over the last two years?

Isn’t his admitted lack of knowledge of one of the most basic aspects of COVID complications not flummoxing to anyone else? Was anyone else equally misinformed/uneducated?

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
He's right though. The vaccines are THE BEST defense that we have. It's only because they were so politicized that we are even having these conversations. I did some reading on the Spanish flu pandemic, they had a mask mandate and if you didn't wear one you went to jail. I've also read that the historical average length of a pandemic is 2.5 to 3.5 years, then the virus usually mutates into a less threatening form. That's what happen with the Spanish Flu and some mutation of that is still with us. So covid is not going away, it's following a natural course for a pandemic virus. So if we need to boost, reformulate, or develop new vaccines for a few variants, so be it. For a total of 3-4 years, being almost two years in, I think we can play wack-a-mole with the variants for two more years if need be. BECAUSE, think of the lives saved.

Comparing Pandemics

All I know is this: I had covid about a month and a half before it was "covid" Jan, 2020.

I got the booster shot just 3 or so weeks or so ago, AFTER getting the initial vaccine just before Easter of last year- when I was eligible to get it.

yet I'm called a trumpian by dimwits that know nothing about me, because I voted for Trump over hillary.

I also got covid again.

Here's a little bit more of what I know: This last time, I wasn't "sick". Tired, mainly. Quarantined myself for a good 12-14 days. NOT sick, just knew I had it due to 3 different tests.

I also know that either having had it 2 years ago, or having the vaccine, or probably some combination of both, prevented me from getting sick.

I also know that the boosters (I think I know, put it that way) were developed BEFORE the new variants showed their heads.

I'm a rather sensible person. I even got the flu shot.

I'm sick of covid. I've done what's asked of me. Vaccine, masks, booster, don't do MUCH of a going out kind of thing. Heck, haven't even been to a single basketball game this year. (way out of norm for me and my wife).

But, I voted from Trump, I'm a conservative, and a republican. So, I'm bad.

O
Legend
Legend
O
::shrug::

I don't think I've ever heard it referred to as "COVID pneumonia", to be honest. I didn't think much of his confusion.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Maybe being in medicine has me more attuned to the actual diagnosis language than the typical person. I guess on some level I also assume people understand that having severe lung congestion, such as what can occur with COVID, is tantamount to pneumonia. The word doesn’t have to be used, as it’s understood… at least to those in the medical field or a better understanding of disease processes in general.

I’ll move on, a little confused, but whatever I guess.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Comparing Pandemics

That's interesting. Thanks for providing. That was my hope in my last post regarding the trend. Hopefully Omicron is a trend in the direction that the virus, while more contagious, is gradually becoming less lethal.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Can we get past this lover’s quarrel

Leave me out of this wink

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
Legend
Legend

Comparing Pandemics

Great post.

I know he's right. There's no doubt an effective vaccine is the most valuable tool.

Why? It prevents deaths... and early on it worked wonders in mitigating the spread.

I've never, ever said the vaccine doesn't prevent death. I've never said it isn't a necessary component.

Thank God and the skies above we were able to formulate and dispense a life-saving vaccine as quickly as we did. Future generations will thank us, despite all our loss and pain, for changing the landscape of how the battle against pandemics will be fought.

I should put that all in my sig, so that everybody can understand my stance on the vaccine, despite all the "misinformation".

As to the rest...

Hopefully we reach a point in time where we can quickly reformulate the vaccine and boosters. That has been very slow to happen (hasn't happened). Through the Delta and Omicron waves it's become clear that "reformulation" will be paramount to stopping subsequent strains. Stopping spread and infection has been nearly non-existent, death rates are rising. Obviously that could have a lot to do with waning anti-bodies or the rate of people "boosting", but the numbers don't lie. The vaccines and boosters need some work to be up to date. Not sure how that is being handled.

Wack-a-mole is a great example. It's a read and react proposition. Apparently Pfizer has a booster coming out effective against omicron. On one hand, we have to respect the fact that it was a very rapid response; on the other hand, sadly, covid waves have been way faster. As I said in an earlier post, the real missing ingredient seems to be a crystal ball. That's not sarcasm as much as it is just looking the devil in his eyes.

FATE #1922221 01/27/22 05:11 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
And now you consider yourself a self appointed psychiatrist. Have you ever considered a career in comedy?

rofl

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Refuting a stalker is meaningless.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wrong. I had your back, and was typing it while you posted your last post.

???

PitDAWG #1922226 01/27/22 05:18 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A

Refuting a stalker is meaningless.

Thanks for proving my point, Incessantly and constantly.

Hey, take a bit of your own advice: If you post blather on a public message board, expect to get called on it. You're like my little puppet.

edited to add: anytime some one disagrees with you, you either change the goalpost, or call them a troll.

Sad, really. There is NO discussion with you.

Last edited by archbolddawg; 01/27/22 05:20 PM.
FATE #1922231 01/27/22 05:24 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Pitiful.

I like the new user name recommendation. And it stays within the original 7 characters!

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: EveDawg, FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
You're like my little puppet.

rofl

Sad, really. There is NO discussion with you.

Just because you lose every discussion we have there's no reason to blame me for it.

I see you decided to play copycat and change your sig. too. At least I'm managed to teach you something. I was beginning to believe it was impossible for you to learn anything new.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I've git a few recommendations for you too but much like arch you're a slow learner and I'm not going to waste my time with it.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1922251 01/27/22 06:38 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
I've git a few recommendations for you too but much like arch you're a slow learner and I'm not going to waste my time with it.
Well, you git them.

You haven't taught me a damn thing ever since Bush when you said he and his oil buddies were responsible for the price of gas. I gave you PROOF presidents weren't, and you ignored it. You've been so bullheaded over the years. It's really sad.

Oh, by the way, who changed their sig first? Before you change the topic, it was you.

ONCE again, you came at me. First. You claim you will treat others as they treat you? What a lie.

And you can't "at least I'm managed..."............you haven't proven anything other than you have nothing but time and no life. I'm still replying to you, on a PUBLIC message board. Sorry, you can't ignore me, sorry you post and don't want a differing opinion.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Comparing Pandemics

All I know is this: I had covid about a month and a half before it was "covid" Jan, 2020.

I got the booster shot just 3 or so weeks or so ago, AFTER getting the initial vaccine just before Easter of last year- when I was eligible to get it.

yet I'm called a trumpian by dimwits that know nothing about me, because I voted for Trump over hillary.

I also got covid again.

Here's a little bit more of what I know: This last time, I wasn't "sick". Tired, mainly. Quarantined myself for a good 12-14 days. NOT sick, just knew I had it due to 3 different tests.

I also know that either having had it 2 years ago, or having the vaccine, or probably some combination of both, prevented me from getting sick.

I also know that the boosters (I think I know, put it that way) were developed BEFORE the new variants showed their heads.

I'm a rather sensible person. I even got the flu shot.

I'm sick of covid. I've done what's asked of me. Vaccine, masks, booster, don't do MUCH of a going out kind of thing. Heck, haven't even been to a single basketball game this year. (way out of norm for me and my wife).

But, I voted from Trump, I'm a conservative, and a republican. So, I'm bad.

Nobody that I know in here or on the left should be in any way upset or calling you anything but responsible for getting the vaccines and booster. And just an FYI, as I understand it, the booster shot was the same vaccine so they didn't need to be developed, just studied. As for voting for Trump, here is how I feel about it. In 2016, it's excusable because we really didn't know what he would be like. I couldn't stand him for multiple reasons, but I can see how he appealed to people on both sides, but especially rural republicans. Honestly, it was all lies, but he said everything a middle class republican would want to hear. Now, voting for his ass in 2020 is a different story, but again, I get the hardcore supporter sticking with him, even lifer republicans pinching their noses and pulling the lever. I don't forgive it, I think it was a crap vote, but it's your right to vote for whom you want, so I really can't condemn you for that one either. BUT if you still support him after all the evidence that has come out over the 6th, the election tampering, and other crap he had been hiding… well if you still support Trump now, then I have to think you are a traitorous Fascist. And arch, I don't think any of us think that about you, including me. I don't think you still support him. You don't do you? Not saying you don't support republicans, I'm talking specifically about Trump. Just Donnie, you don't even have to include his kids. Putting that out there would go a long way toward ending the misconception you are irked about.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Where have I mentioned trump since the last election?

Thanks.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I've noticed arch. Just like I noticed we're not butting heads every day anymore. And I didn't think you were still supporting him. But straight saying it will shut down that kind of talk about you. That's all I'm saying arch.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid Part 9

Link Copied to Clipboard