Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
A
Legend
Legend
A
We don't butt heads much anymore because I don't post much anymore. I more come to this forum to laugh at the hypocrisy posted by certain people.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Maybe being in medicine has me more attuned to the actual diagnosis language than the typical person. I guess on some level I also assume people understand that having severe lung congestion, such as what can occur with COVID, is tantamount to pneumonia. The word doesn’t have to be used, as it’s understood… at least to those in the medical field or a better understanding of disease processes in general.

I’ll move on, a little confused, but whatever I guess.

I don't think I ever heard it referenced as pneumonia either, so I never really would have made the connection either. I wouldn't give it much thought beyond the reports, and since I believe 50% of what the media reports is exaggerated, and I'm not in the medical profession, I wouldn't make a medical diagnoses from their reports.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
You haven't taught me a damn thing ever since Bush when you said he and his oil buddies were responsible for the price of gas. I gave you PROOF presidents weren't, and you ignored it. You've been so bullheaded over the years. It's really sad.

Actually I learned that from DC. Instead of screaming and ranting about it we had a conversation and discussion about it. I actually admitted such and have learned quite a bit from people willing to have rational discussions. But of course you didn't see that or have decided to lie about it. Who knows which one. Still hanging on to things from decades ago? Hmmmmm, that sounds like an issue you should get addressed. Hanging onto anger over things that long ago isn't healthy for you. And it speaks volumes.

Oh, by the way, who changed their sig first? Before you change the topic, it was you.

Are you having trouble comprehending what I posted? I said you played the copycat. You realize that by saying that it is stating that I changed mine first, right? notallthere

again, you came at me. First. You claim you will treat others as they treat you? What a lie.

You come into multiple threads with regularity to add nothing to the discussion and only make a personal comment about me. That is a fact and yet you sit here and try to deny it? People can see.

And you can't "at least I'm managed..."............you haven't proven anything other than you have nothing but time and no life. I'm still replying to you, on a PUBLIC message board. Sorry, you can't ignore me, sorry you post and don't want a differing opinion.

Every time you come into a thread and have nothing to say about the topic and instead come directly at me, I will respond. I'm sorry you are jealous that I have more free time than you do with which to do what I please. Maybe once you retire and have more free time your jealousy won't control you. Since it's you who randomly pops into threads only to take jabs at me, who can't ignore who again?

rofl

You're hilarious!

I'll use your regular line when you but into threads with nothing of substance to say...... "Did you forget who you were talking to?"

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
aye we lost 2500 americans today due to covid, but that doesn't matter cause biden is appointing a black chick to the SC

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1923131 02/01/22 10:08 PM
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media2.giphy.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
2600 americans passed yesterday.

but im sure its a bunch of crisis actors that are part of the deep state plot to allow BLM and antifa to take over the country.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Swish #1923183 02/02/22 10:34 AM
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by Swish
2600 americans passed yesterday.

but Im sure its a bunch of crisis actors that are part of the deep state plot to allow BLM and antifa to take over the country.

Wish I could find the article, but essentially they had that Unvaccinated accounted for 60-65% of all positive COVID test, of that 6% were hospitalized versus only 3% of COVID positive vaccinated folks. And worse yet, of those hospitalized the unvaccinated have a 30% death rate versus less than 1% for vaccinated.

IIRC the article was from late December.

Last edited by FloridaFan; 02/02/22 10:35 AM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Truckers and protesters against Covid-19 mandates block a border crossing. Others tried to take meals away from the homeless in Ottawa, shelter says

What started as a convoy of truckers protesting Covid-19 mandates has snowballed into a blockade in the Canadian capital and the obstruction of a US-Canadian border crossing.
Some protesters pressured staff at a homeless shelter to give them food, the facility said.

And criminal investigations are underway after the alleged "desecration" of monuments during weekend protests that spilled into Monday.

The protests stemmed from the "Freedom Convoy" of truckers that traveled across Canada for several days before arriving in the capital city of Ottawa on Saturday. The drivers oppose a recent vaccine mandate requiring truckers entering Canada to be fully vaccinated or face testing and quarantine requirements.

Downtown Ottawa remained packed with rigs and cars Monday morning as protesters rallied against Covid-19 mandates and some legislators were set to return to Parliament Hill.

But Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was not there. On Monday, Trudeau announced he and two of his three children tested positive for Covid-19.

Trudeau and his family have been quarantining at an undisclosed location, but he had sharp words for those causing turmoil:

"Canadians were shocked and frankly disgusted by the behavior displayed by some people protesting in our nation's capital," Trudeau said Monday.

"I want to be very clear: We are not intimidated by those who hurl insults and abuse at small business workers and steal food from the homeless," he said. "We won't give in to those who fly racist flags. We won't cave to those who engage in vandalism or dishonor the memory of our veterans."

Shepherds of Good Hope, a homeless shelter and kitchen in Ottawa, said some protesters harassed staff and volunteers for meals.

"While we are not certain of exact numbers, the demands for meals and verbal altercations continued for several hours over the dinner period," the center tweeted Sunday.

"Trucks were parked in our ambulance drop off zone for nearly 12 hours until they were removed and towed with the support of Ottawa Police Services," the facility said. "Our staff and volunteers faced significant barriers to get in to work."

Truckers and protesters clog a border crossing

In western Canada, trucks and cars have been blocking the Coutts border crossing just north of Sweet Grass, Montana, where Interstate 15 is a major commercial artery for US-Canada supply chains.

The critical route is called Highway 4 on the Canadian side.
"Alberta RCMP ask motorists to continue to stay away from Hwy 4 south of #Lethbridge to the #Coutts border crossing," the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Alberta tweeted late Sunday.

"Traffic continues to remain immobilized in both the NB and SB directions. At this time, no motor vehicles are able to access the border for entry/re-entry," the agency said.

Those who damaged monuments 'should hang their heads in shame'

"Several criminal investigations are underway in relation to the desecration of the National War Memorial/Terry Fox statue, threatening/illegal/intimidating behaviour to police/city workers and other individuals and damage to a city vehicle," the Ottawa Police Service tweeted Sunday.

Parked vehicles taking part in the protest block lanes on an Ottawa road Sunday.

Canada's chief of defense, Gen. Wayne Eyre, said he was "sickened to see protesters dance on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and desecrate the National War Memorial."

"Generations of Canadians have fought and died for our rights, including free speech, but not this," Eyre tweeted Saturday. "Those involved should hang their heads in shame."

A similar denunciation came from the Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA), a federation of Canadian trucking associations, which already had said a large number protesters in Ottawa appeared to have no connection to the trucking industry.

"The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the National War Memorial are sacred sites for Canadians," the CTA said in a statement. "The desecration of these sites was a disgusting act and is a dishonour to those soldiers who have given their lives for our country and those Canadian soldiers who continue to fight for our freedom today."

The CTA called Terry Fox, the late athlete and cancer research activist, a "national hero." The alleged defacing of Fox's monument was another insult to "the memory of one of the greatest Canadians in our history," it said.

James Moore, Canada's former minister of innovation, science and industry, retweeted a photo showing the statue holding an upside-down Canadian flag and a sign that read "Mandate Freedom."

Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson called the display "completely unacceptable," and said he'd asked for the sign and flag to be taken down.
"This kind of stunt by protesters does not help their cause," the mayor said.

Police advised people who work in Ottawa's downtown core to work remotely Monday.

Not over yet

Despite frigid temperatures, photos have shown supporters joining the convoy of truckers on foot or greeting them with Canadian flags on bridges and highway overpasses.

Authorities reported "multiple cases of disruptive, inappropriate and threatening behavior from demonstrators," and are aware of demonstrators' intention to stay in place through the week, the Ottawa Police Service said.

The agency estimated the financial costs of policing around the demonstrations was more than $800,000 a day.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/31/americas/canada-covid-19-vaccine-mandate-trucker-protests/index.html

These people are blocking roads and acting aggressive! Why don't people just shoot them like dogs saying they feel threatened!?

Oh that's right. Since they don't live in Florida it's called murder.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Swish #1923420 02/03/22 01:11 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
aye we lost 2500 americans today due to covid, but that doesn't matter cause biden is appointing a black chick to the SC

The peak of infection was about 3 weeks ago, so this would be consistent with the past peaks.

Thankfully, the number of new infections are decreasing rapidly, so there is some good news on the horizon.

Thankfully those who are vaccinated less prone to serious infection.

Some statistician will figure out the number of lives saved for those who were vaccinated. It will be impressive.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
Johns Hopkins study shows lockdowns only reduced COVID-19 death rate by .2%

Updated February 3, 2022 10:17AMNewsFOX News

Lockdowns during the first COVID-19 wave in the spring of 2020 only reduced COVID-19 mortality by .2% in the U.S. and Europe, according to a Johns Hopkins University meta-analysis of several studies.

"While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no public health effects, they have imposed enormous economic and social costs where they have been adopted," the researchers wrote. "In consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy instrument."

The researchers – Johns Hopkins University economics professor Steve Hanke, Lund University economics professor Lars Jonung, and special advisor at Copenhagen's Center for Political Studies Jonas Herby – analyzed the effects of lockdown measures such as school shutdowns, business closures, and mask mandates on COVID-19 deaths.

"We find little to no evidence that mandated lockdowns in Europe and the United States had a noticeable effect on COVID-19 mortality rates," the researchers wrote.

The researchers also examined shelter-in-place orders, finding that they reduced COVID-19 mortality by 2.9%.

Studies that looked at only shelter-in-place orders found they reduced COVID-19 mortality by 5.1%, but studies that looked at shelter-in-place orders along with other lockdown measures found that shelter-in-place orders actually increased COVID-19 mortality by 2.8%.

The researchers concluded that limiting gatherings may have actually increased COVID-19 mortality.

"[Shelter-in-place orders] may isolate an infected person at home with his/her family where he/she risks infecting family members with a higher viral load, causing more severe illness," the researchers wrote.

"But often, lockdowns have limited peoples’ access to safe (outdoor) places such as beaches, parks, and zoos, or included outdoor mask mandates or strict outdoor gathering restrictions, pushing people to meet at less safe (indoor) places."

The researchers also examined studies that focused on specific lockdown measures and found that the only intervention that reduced COVID-19 mortality was the closure of non-essential businesses, which reduced mortality by 10.6%, but this effect was likely driven by the closure of bars.

Researchers also pointed out other unintended consequences of lockdowns, such as rising unemployment, reduced schooling, an increase in domestic violence incidents, and surging drug overdoses.

From May 2020 to April 2021, the U.S. recorded 100,306 drug overdose deaths, a 28.5% increase from the 78,056 deaths that were recorded in the previous 12-month period, according to CDC data.

A study from the National Commission on COVID-19 and Criminal Justice last year found that domestic violence incidents increased 8.1% in the U.S. after lockdown orders were issued.

About 97% of U.S. teachers said that their students have experienced learning loss during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a Horace Mann survey last year.

The unemployment rate peaked nationwide at 14.8% in April 2020, but declined to 3.9% in December, which is still slightly higher than the 3.5% rate it was at in February 2020.

"These costs to society must be compared to the benefits of lockdowns, which our meta-analysis has shown are marginal at best," the researchers in the Johns Hopkins University study wrote.

"Such a standard benefit-cost calculation leads to a strong conclusion: lockdowns should be rejected out of hand as a pandemic policy instrument."

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/johns-h...ns-only-reduced-covid-19-death-rate-by-2

O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Man, that’s sad.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
We had a really high covid spike 20k, but it's dropped fast. We are around 6k now. It would be great if we don't have any new variants for a while.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
At the rate we are going we will get herd immunity of a sort.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
At the rate we are going we will get herd immunity of a sort.
We were close to 90% seroprevalence among blood donors in June (meaning 90% of blood donors had antibodies from something). Despite this, we just had a large spike from Delta then Omicron. Herd immunity is clearly not going to offer a way out.

s003apr #1923587 02/04/22 01:39 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
You’re correct. It’ll only allow periodic troughs in between peak waves of outbreaks. If it continues to spawn new variants the waves will potentially be taller. Hopefully it mutates into progressively less virulent forms. Along with that, and new therapeutics and updated jabs, we can eventually turn the tide.

[Linked Image]
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
J/K,
Isn't the at-home covid tests really going to screw up the reporting of new cases?

We have had a handful of people at work test in the last 2 or 3 weeks and a few have tested positive-I asked one of them who did he report the positive test to and he said our safety department.
I asked did you have to report it to county health or anywhere else and he said no, didn't do nothing

A
Legend
Legend
A
Just my opinion, but to your first question: Yes, I believe so.

But maybe not in the way you think? I was positive, 3 different tests. I wasn't "sick", so I never reported anything to anyone. Daughter's boyfriend tested positive - same for him - not sick, didn't report anything to anyone. Nephew, same, sis in law, same, bro in law, same. (Understand, each one of us self quarantined once positive).

Daughter was positive as well. Only reason she knew was she had chest pain. On vacation, up north. Grandpa decided she should go to the e.r. EKG was fine. But, at a hospital, you get tested for covid. I'm sure hers was reported to whoever gets reported to.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
J/K,
Isn't the at-home covid tests really going to screw up the reporting of new cases?

We have had a handful of people at work test in the last 2 or 3 weeks and a few have tested positive-I asked one of them who did he report the positive test to and he said our safety department.
I asked did you have to report it to county health or anywhere else and he said no, didn't do nothing
I think the case reports are already screwed. People have been self testing for months, those tests were available well before omicron.

Basically all reliable data has been based on hospitalizations.

FATE #1923640 02/04/22 06:59 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
J/K,

I think the case reports are already screwed. People have been self testing for months, those tests were available well before omicron.

Basically all reliable data has been based on hospitalizations.
That's kinda my point. I think if every at home test were reported, the numbers of covid cases would skyrocket, but also, the percentage of hospitalizations and deaths from covid would plummet in relation to the number of people that had it.

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Yep.

Wasn't until I read these posts that I realized I failed to report my Dec 31 case to the local health department. Went to a testing facility the first time and the board of health called me to verify.

F
Legend
Legend
F
How many people are positive that have no systems so they never get tested?

Positive test results are an inaccurate statistic that is used like most statistics, only when it helps one side of an argument.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Agreed that the at home testing is going to mess with the accuracy of the data. Not sure which side of the argument gets impacted by that ... if any.

Hospitalizations & Deaths - and the impact (or otherwise) of being vaccinated: 1 shot, 2 shots and boostered : would all be accurate and still a very important piece of data. Variants and sequence testing is the other vital bit of data that should be rigorously collected.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
another 2500 americans perished yesterday.

wonder how many houses that are on the market are due to the previous owner dying...

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I can't find where I read this, but something like 40 states are reporting a drop in positive Covid testing... I'd love to find that article,, no luck so far.. But if it's accurate, it's a good thing... Could it be the beginning of the end to this pandemic? Let's all hope.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Swish #1924027 02/07/22 01:40 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The peak was about a 3-4 weeks ago, so this can be explained. According to worldometer the 7 day average is down to 239,000, down from a peak of 820,000.

Swish #1924037 02/07/22 02:39 PM
Legend
Legend

wonder how many houses that are on the market are due to the previous owner dying...

My dude calls me... "Bro, I found the house..." tells me all the details.

I'm looking on Zillow as my wife walks over... "that's Darlene's house!"

She's an extended family member that just died of covid.

It was weird.

Swish #1924044 02/07/22 03:16 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

So every two days the death total s higher than 9-11. Every two days. You would think the patriotism of 9-11 would show up soon, but most of that country first crap must have just been a lie. WW2 cost us 400K lives and 600K wounded. COVID-19 has already doubled that death count and the long term effects of COVID-19 are a complete unknown at this point, but could easily affect as many as were wounded in WW2. And the right, bringing fascism to the forefront of American politics, gives us a few other WW2 similarities to ponder as well.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/07/22 03:17 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
FATE #1924204 02/08/22 03:44 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
When cases drop to a certain point there's actually no longer a need for mandates. You have to roll with the conditions as they present themselves.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1924209 02/08/22 04:01 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
rofl

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Are you that disappointed I didn't want to argue about it? I guess you haven't been keeping up with the huge drop in Covid cases. That's okay, I understand. With some people it's all about the politics of it rather than the science and what's going on around us.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1924221 02/08/22 04:33 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Are you that disappointed I didn't want to argue about it? I guess you haven't been keeping up with the huge drop in Covid cases. That's okay, I understand. With some people it's all about the politics of it rather than the science and what's going on around us.

"Pitiful" is getting ready for the mid-term elections too!

Tackles are tackles.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The "drop in cases" narrative, feels like more mainstream media lies.
take a wait and see approach.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
PitDAWG #1924230 02/08/22 05:56 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
When cases drop to a certain point there's actually no longer a need for mandates. You have to roll with the conditions as they present themselves.
So, you cool with dropping all vaccine mandates? I mean, if we're to the point that no one needs masks, we obviously don't need to force vaccinations, right?

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
PitDAWG #1924249 02/08/22 08:11 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Working class people getting tired of socialist policy.

I wonder when it will spread here.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Damanshot #1924254 02/08/22 09:25 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot
I can't find where I read this, but something like 40 states are reporting a drop in positive Covid testing... I'd love to find that article,, no luck so far.. But if it's accurate, it's a good thing... Could it be the beginning of the end to this pandemic? Let's all hope.

It's been mentioned, but the drop in positive testing is directly proportional the the increased availability of home testing and people not reporting positive tests. We're going to have to use hospitalizations and deaths as measuring sticks.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1924271 02/09/22 10:25 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I definitely think we should start shifting the goal posts a bit. With the more infectious, but not as serious variant, much better availability of testing, vaccines, and imminent arrival of treatment options that open up availability, I don't think we should be as caught up in how many people are popping positive. I think we should be focusing more on hospitalizations. In many ways, we are much better off in handling positive cases, so we should focus on the most serious.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
another 2600 dead.

but joe rogan though. thats whats most important.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid Part 9

Link Copied to Clipboard