Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Yo Mac. can you produce any reliable info that proves Depo makes any draft picks..... Take your time as I know you can't prove what your mouth has BEEN SAYING.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm pretty sure mac is Hue Jackson.

Tackles are tackles.
4 members like this: Hamfist, oobernoober, FATE
Legend
Legend
OMG

Memphis wins the thread. rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's about time we got some enjoyment out of this thread.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
So far none of you have come close to answering the SIMPLE QUESTION THAT I asked in the quote above...

Why is it that I ask questions that NONE OF YOU WANT TO ANSWER?

Here is your answer. We've watched you ask baited question upon baited question for years and years in these forums. We've watched you completely ignore any questions asked of you. It is just disrespectful and deters people from wanting to engage. Don't take that silence as a "gotcha" moment.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
5 members like this: oobernoober, Ballpeen, PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Oh really.... why dont you give us a list of the players Depo or anybody else in the analystic department drafted?
Aww. notallthere 2 things ( a few things) are very public.
1. The moves the Browns make. 2. That the Browns use analytics.
There was a previous time when the Browns started using analytics, and being associated with it, and what the Browns do as far as getting pllayers, coaches etc. who they extend or cut etc. and it is also very public, how the games result. So the results are right in front of everybody, no need to connect the dots, it is all very public.
Thread title? (Yep!)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
Legend
O
jc

I have news for all the naysayers, analytics are in Cleveland to STAY. It's nothing more than an applied science being used to make better informed decisions. And if you look at the talent on the team before Depo and after, the change is night and day, and seems to get a little better every year. Why would we suddenly think we should abandon one of the few things that has worked here for the last 20 years?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/09/22 03:35 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Oh really.... why dont you give us a list of the players Depo or anybody else in the analystic department drafted?
Aww. notallthere 2 things ( a few things) are very public.
1. The moves the Browns make. 2. That the Browns use analytics.
There was a previous time when the Browns started using analytics, and being associated with it, and what the Browns do as far as getting pllayers, coaches etc. who they extend or cut etc. and it is also very public, how the games result. So the results are right in front of everybody, no need to connect the dots, it is all very public.
Thread title? (Yep!)

You need to buy some vowels because your totally clueless bud.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by mac
So far none of you have come close to answering the SIMPLE QUESTION THAT I asked in the quote above...

Here is your answer. We've watched you ask baited question upon baited question for years and years in these forums. We've watched you completely ignore any questions asked of you. It is just disrespectful and deters people from wanting to engage. Don't take that silence as a "gotcha" moment.

jfan...I realize that some are so in love with analytics that are willing to "OVERLOOK AND MAKE EXCUSES FOR" anything Paul Depodesta does.

All I'm trying to do is give Depo credit for his choices...

...FOR EXAMPLE...did the decision to draft Jed Wills, a RT throughout his college career and then try to convert him into a LT, which is the position the Browns were attempting to fill by drafting Wills at #10 in the 2020 draft...

HOW DID THAT WORK OUT FOR THE BROWNS?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
And who made that call? Have any evidence who that was? Depo is not the GM.

And you may wish to wait how the Wills pick pans out before you try and do a victory dance.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mac

Not too bad...? superconfused

Jed Wills played pretty well his first year and was injured most of his second. I get you're not an analytics guy, but you don't seem to be a 'football guy' either.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
3 members like this: PitDAWG, Ballpeen, FATE
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by mac

jfan...I realize that some are so in love with analytics that are willing to "OVERLOOK AND MAKE EXCUSES FOR" anything Paul Depodesta does.

All I'm trying to do is give Depo credit for his choices...

...FOR EXAMPLE...did the decision to draft Jed Wills, a RT throughout his college career and then try to convert him into a LT, which is the position the Browns were attempting to fill by drafting Wills at #10 in the 2020 draft...

Analytics is just statistics, but you know that.

Explain to me what is wrong with Wills, but please use no statistics, just explain how your gut feels. Describe how well he performs or doesn't, but do not use data. <=-- That's life without analytics.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Life is analytics. When you are born you entered in to a record book and become a statistic. When you die, the same thing.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And who made that call? Have any evidence who that was? Depo is not the GM.

And you may wish to wait how the Wills pick pans out before you try and do a victory dance.

Depo sits ABOVE GM Andrew Berry and do you have any doubt that Depo's analytics play a roll in the decision making process dealing with draft choices

But, let anyone question the performance of the Browns draft team, Depo, Berry, our coach's input and suddenly you reach for the 'ole excuses'...suddenly no member of the Browns draft team had anything to do with drafting Wills? There were other options available to the Draft Team even though there were Red Flags concerning Wills pass blocking.

No doubt, Wills ankle injury slowed him and the Browns decision makers needed to come up with better option than continuing to play an injured player at LT. The decision makers decided it was best to continue starting an injured Wills. That decision didn't work out good for Wills and it hurt the Browns offense.

No doubt Wills will get as many chances to impress those who spent the #10 pick on him and because he is the draft choice of the Analytics dominated Browns, he will get a fair shake and more.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
So, you’re beef is that they started Wills while injured and didn’t just roll on down to Walmart to pick up a starting caliber NFL left tackle?

1 member likes this: oobernoober
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Hamfist
So, you’re beef is that they started Wills while injured and didn’t just roll on down to Walmart to pick up a starting caliber NFL left tackle?

aNaLyTiCs R dUmB!!!!!

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: Hamfist
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mac
do you have any doubt that Depo's analytics play a roll in the decision making process dealing with draft choices

Of course statistics and data "play a roll". But that's nothing close to what you have been claiming. Are you saying we should ignore analytics?

Your obsession of Wills being a bad pick are hysterical. Also can you give me the rate of success in draft picks across the league and how this FO rates among the 32 teams? I didn't think so.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by mac
do you have any doubt that Depo's analytics play a roll in the decision making process dealing with draft choices

Of course statistics and data "play a roll". But that's nothing close to what you have been claiming. Are you saying we should ignore analytics?

Your obsession of Wills being a bad pick are hysterical. Also can you give me the rate of success in draft picks across the league and how this FO rates among the 32 teams? I didn't think so.

To caveat off of Pit:

If Wills is a bad pick, then why didn't you bring up Newsome from last year? Was Newsome a bad pick too? Was he changed to a different position?

Do you think the coaching staff had any input in moving Wills to LT? Do you think they asked Bill Callahan's opinion on if he could be moved from RT to LT?

One very important question: you despise/hate (whatever word you want to use) analytics. Analytics has proved in the past that you will start another thread to keep this bs flowing. SINCE YOU HATE analytics, does this mean you will NOT START a new thread over this bs?

OR will you start another continuation analytics thread looking past YOUR PERSONAL ETHICS, and show us that you really are a closet analytics fan.

What's your decision: Don't use analytics or closet analytics fan?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Also can you give me the rate of success in draft picks across the league and how this FO rates among the 32 teams? I didn't think so.

Oh, the irony.

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
pit...glad to see that you agree with me, that the jury is out on Wills. He should be over the ankle injury and hopefully the trainers take the necessary precautions to help protect Wills from future ankle issues. To be honest, it might be better to move Wills back to the position he played in College (RT) to see if it helps his play. Another possibility might be to move Wills to OG and move Bitonio to LT. Bitonio did an acceptable job when the coaches used him at LT.

Another OLman who might be a sleeper this year is Blake Hance...also, Hubbard might figure in as a possible option at OT.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Just how much do the Browns rely on ANALYTICS?

We know they are deeply involved in the Browns draft and there have been stories written that point the Browns analytics playing a part in decisions that relate to the team's gameplanning. Is Stefanski relying too much on Analytics? The article below touches on that subject...

Cleveland Browns HC Kevin Stefanski has to learn from Brandon Staley’s failure.

link

You have to hope that Cleveland Browns’ head coach Kevin Stefanski was paying attention on Sunday when the Chargers lost to the Raiders. Chargers head coach rightfully so got flack for his gameplan, as he relied heavily on analytics to decide what to do. It killed the team’s chances to win. Especially when you think it makes sense to go for it on fourth and short when you’re inside your own 20-yard line.

Sure, the Raiders settled for a field goal but when you lose in overtime to a field goal, that’s pretty damning of a situation to put your team in. This is the problem with analytics. It encourages coaches to ignore common sense and rely on statistics.

Here’s the truth about statistics; they mean nothing to the individual. Relying on them, and defaulting to them has plagued too many coaches and cost too many men games. Stefanski is no different at the moment. There’s been a few games where he passed on easy points to go for it on fourth-down or try for two when it’s not needed, and it bit them in the butt.

Legend
Legend
Cool story.

Let me know when Stefanski starts going on 4th down from his own 18.

Or five times in a game.

Until then it's like comparing a tricycle to a motorcycle because they both have spokes in their wheels.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Analytics!...

The section in the paper illustrating who played faster and who played slower than their 40 times was interesting.

https://www.sloansportsconference.c...-to-better-evaluate-nfl-players-a-review

Legend
Legend
What is a "TDA-40 time"?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Totally Dorky Analytics

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Legend
Legend
rofl

M
Legend
Legend
M
Tracking-data-adjusted

P
Legend
Legend
P
He'll be playing LT again like he should be mac. The stupidity you have infected Dawgtalkers with by posting this thread should be amputated like an arm infected with gangrene.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
He'll be playing LT again like he should be mac. The stupidity you have infected Dawgtalkers with by posting this thread should be amputated like an arm infected with gangrene.

He’s going to call Ezekiel Elliott’s lawyer and sue you for slander.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by cfrs15

He’s going to call Ezekiel Elliott’s lawyer and sue you for slander.

rofl

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Articles from Chad Porto lmao whats next Chads articles on star trek and fortnight. How long till you bust out some old posts from Coach B?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Articles from Chad Porto lmao whats next Chads articles on star trek and fortnight. How long till you bust out some old posts from Coach B?

Gimme a ham sandwich. I'll get some pictures of CoachB and his son

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
1 member likes this: GMdawg
Legend
Legend
Depo sits ABOVE GM Andrew Berry

Maybe in your own mind, but not in real life. notallthere notallthere notallthere

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Depo sits ABOVE GM Andrew Berry

Maybe in your own mind, but not in real life. notallthere notallthere notallthere

Maybe he's standing on his head?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
It's not a secret to me that some player's performance on the 'track' is not a true reflection of the individual's ability to perform on the football field...and it doesn't surprise me to see that Jarvis Landry made list of players who play faster than their 40 times indicate they should.

IMO, there is a tendency in football to over-emphasis the individual's 40 time when predicting draft value. Put the 'track stars' in 10 lbs of football equipment then have them run the 40 and it might be a better reflection of an individual's ability on the football field. The ability to run 40yds in a straight line is more about 'style points' than predicting future playing ability.

Last edited by mac; 03/12/22 11:54 AM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Every team loses close games.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mac
It's not a secret to me that some player's performance on the 'track' is not a true reflection of the individual's ability to perform on the football field...and it doesn't surprise me to see that Jarvis Landry made list of players who play faster than their 40 times indicate they should.

IMO, there is a tendency in football to over-emphasis the individual's 40 time when predicting draft value. Put the 'track stars' in 10 lbs of football equipment then have them run the 40 and it might be a better reflection of an individual's ability on the football field. The ability to run 40yds in a straight line is more about 'style points' than predicting future playing ability.

I don't think anybody disagrees. But with all things being equal, 40 times do provide a basis point to gauge a persons natural speed.

To the thread title, yes, I have had enough of this thread.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum ANALYTICS...had enough yet ?

Link Copied to Clipboard