Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Prediction : This season is going to be a disaster & it will be all Bakers fault according to posters here..lol

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Swish #1932146 03/17/22 04:28 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish
if Berry and the FO went into the watson sweepstakes as a a pure YOLO move, then that is beyond reckless and pathetic.

they did, it is

Joe Thomas #73
1 member likes this: tastybrownies
D
Legend
Legend
D
Baker can want whatever he wants, but he is here until the Browns don't want him here. If he plays well enough in '22 to keep, they can franchise tag him the next 2 years. Nothing needs to happen until the Browns decide it needs to happen. Baker has to know he will hurt himself worse than he hurts the Browns by not giving his best efforts in the coming season if he's still here.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by BADdog
if Berry and the FO went into the watson sweepstakes as a a pure YOLO move, then that is beyond reckless and pathetic.

they did, it is

Don't believe that for a second, they have a plan and Baker was never Part of it!!!

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PastorMarc

they did, it is

Don't believe that for a second, they have a plan and Baker was never Part of it!!!

They told Baker he was. But now he is the problem for wanting out of a plan he was never part of?

Joe Thomas #73
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Another classic Browns move. Good luck Baker. The Browns front office can suck it. Nice job Jimmy, Andrew, Depo and whoever else factored into this nightmare of a PR move. Dumbasses. I never thought there was a more clueless owner than Modell. I was wrong.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dave #1932157 03/17/22 04:37 PM
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Ditto, and it would prove he's an adult. Feel sad for these millionaires.....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
E
Legend
Legend
E
Our FO is a joke.

No Craps Given
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I think our illustrious Owner is/was the driving force behind all this. Forced the FO's hand. They are paying the price for that now.

1 member likes this: clwb419
EveDawg #1932162 03/17/22 04:43 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Our FO is a joke.

The more things change....

L
Legend
Legend
L
Front office is the one area I think you don't go young and inexperienced.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
All Pro
All Pro
Ask yourself who’s the biggest loser in all this.

It was clear from the first second that going after Watson was a stupid move. Read what many said immediately on this board when the news was out.

A couple of days later the Browns is left with a dumpster fire. Watson said NO. (Who blame him) Mayfield says NO. (surprise) Probably anyone with talent, a decent agent or a intact brain will says NO. Only top top dollar and mediocre players will be the left overs to Andrew Berry and his brain trust.

Congratulations Mary Kay C and the other local hyenas who orchestrated this. You all got what you deserves. Chaos in ClownLand.

BADdog #1932166 03/17/22 04:48 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by jaybird
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
so we have no higgins, no OBJ, no jarvis, no Hooper.

only weapon we tried to replace is getting Amari Cooper. While i think our TE's are solid, if we have some questionable WR's like everyone says we do, then we should be trying to make a play for Allen Robinson, right?

None of those guys did much for us, so I don't see a big loss.

Jarvis was a leader that helped turn this team around

100%... Jarvis certainly hurts.... I liked Hooper and thought Higgins had talent, but Jarvis is a big hole to fill from a talent and leadership stand point. Didn't have a great year last year, but he'll be missed.

We need to bring in more weapons at WR... I think we'll draft a WR in the first three rounds and would like to bring on another via FA...

Jarvis was a big deal for us. Not so much last year. He will not be a big loss but he was a great leader that helped turn this team around

Don't take my comments to think I don't know what Jarvis brought. But we are past that, or he is now past that. Things change.

Right now we look at the depth chart and think it looks bad...it's not how it starts, it's how it ends. At worst, we will end up with a full allotment of receivers and in the end, they will play at least as good as what we had.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
My favorite video of the beginning of the 2019 season. Times have changed a bit...

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
2 members like this: tastybrownies, SuperBrown
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Really, you don't think that if the Browns tank this year with or without Mayfield that the Brown's ownership is going to accept missing the playoffs 2 years in a row with the talent they have had on this team? IMHO, the reason you don't see those top-rated players coming to Cleveland is because of Stefanski. Look at the trend - Cousins worst year in the last 7 years was when Stefanski was OC. Diggs, and it's verified, demanded a trade because his targets were cut under Stefanski. OBJ demanded a trade in May of 2021, way before Bakers bad year and just off a playoff appearance by the Browns. Hooper was signed to the richest TE deal ever at the time and Stefanski refused to use his skill set and cut his targets by over 35%. Running 2-3 TE sets that allowed the defenses to stack the box greatly reducing the Browns ground attack. Let's not forget that through this all, the #1 and #2 RB's for the Browns were missing time with injuries too. This is the same coach that left an unproven T to try and block the leagues sack leader and failed to make any adjustments as the world watched Mayfield get creamed play after play by Watts. I'm not even trying to say Baker wasn't at some fault but he was injured and should have been benched - another Stefanski decision that has led to this mess we are now witnessing.

If Mayfield is gone - good luke to him. Maybe he will get out of Cleveland before they totally wreck him like they've done to 29 before him. It makes you think that when OBJ said "They send you to Cleveland to Die," he was right.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by Floquinho

It was clear from the first second that going after Watson was a stupid move. Read what many said immediately on this board when the news was out.

A couple of days later the Browns is left with a dumpster fire. Watson said NO. (Who blame him) Mayfield says NO. (surprise) Probably anyone with talent, a decent agent or a intact brain will says NO. Only top top dollar and mediocre players will be the left overs to Andrew Berry and his brain trust.

Congratulations Mary Kay C and the other local hyenas who orchestrated this. You all got what you deserves. Chaos in ClownLand.

Whats worse is there are conversations that the Browns were told they were a long shot before it even got started.

1 member likes this: mgh888
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by steve0255
Really, you don't think that if the Browns tank this year with or without Mayfield that the Brown's ownership is going to accept missing the playoffs 2 years in a row with the talent they have had on this team? IMHO, the reason you don't see those top-rated players coming to Cleveland is because of Stefanski. Look at the trend - Cousins worst year in the last 7 years was when Stefanski was OC. Diggs, and it's verified, demanded a trade because his targets were cut under Stefanski. OBJ demanded a trade in May of 2021, way before Bakers bad year and just off a playoff appearance by the Browns. Hooper was signed to the richest TE deal ever at the time and Stefanski refused to use his skill set and cut his targets by over 35%. Running 2-3 TE sets that allowed the defenses to stack the box greatly reducing the Browns ground attack. Let's not forget that through this all, the #1 and #2 RB's for the Browns were missing time with injuries too. This is the same coach that left an unproven T to try and block the leagues sack leader and failed to make any adjustments as the world watched Mayfield get creamed play after play by Watts. I'm not even trying to say Baker wasn't at some fault but he was injured and should have been benched - another Stefanski decision that has led to this mess we are now witnessing.

If Mayfield is gone - good luke to him. Maybe he will get out of Cleveland before they totally wreck him like they've done to 29 before him. It makes you think that when OBJ said "They send you to Cleveland to Die," he was right.

Maybe you should go with him ....

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Congratulations Mary Kay C and the other local hyenas who orchestrated this.

The media have no influence - or minimal - on team decisions. Neither do fans. If you think otherwise I think you are greatly mistaken.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And again, people like you that offer nothing to the conversation that are just here to lash out at people who have a different opinion than you so you can get off on thinking you're smarter than anyone else is the problem with this forum. Even though the vast majority of the time you are wrong - you still post your silly jabs at people who differ with your own opinion. Maybe you should be the person that just leaves so that us Browns fans can have a spirited discussion about the team we support. Your posts are nothing but worthless attacks - go to the Steelers or Ravens boards - you'll fit in better.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The fans

Joe Thomas #73
PitDAWG #1932179 03/17/22 05:08 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
That's the thing about sources. It's a lot like statements made by the FO. When a source says something people agree with they're a great source. When that exact same source says something they don't agree with, they become sketchy.

Does this mean you are starting to understand the concept of confirmation bias?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by steve0255
And again, people like you that offer nothing to the conversation that are just here to lash out at people who have a different opinion than you so you can get off on thinking you're smarter than anyone else is the problem with this forum. Even though the vast majority of the time you are wrong - you still post your silly jabs at people who differ with your own opinion. Maybe you should be the person that just leaves so that us Browns fans can have a spirited discussion about the team we support. Your posts are nothing but worthless attacks - go to the Steelers or Ravens boards - you'll fit in better.

lol I have been a Browns fan since 1963 and love the TEAM Baker made it about himself and you have no Idea about me you don't know me yet you tell me to leave the board, maybe you should take your own advice ...

FrankZ #1932182 03/17/22 05:12 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by FrankZ
That's the thing about sources. It's a lot like statements made by the FO. When a source says something people agree with they're a great source. When that exact same source says something they don't agree with, they become sketchy.

Does this mean you are starting to understand the concept of confirmation bias?

I would hope, at a minimum, he's understanding political news.

Swish #1932183 03/17/22 05:12 PM
Legend
Legend
idont understand why Baker is mentally weak for this. lets be clear here; this wasnt some "hey lets see what we need to get watson". they flew on a private jet with a trade packaged already approved to go get him. From Baker's perspective, you damn right he should be asking for a trade.

i wanted Watson, but i also said that baker has every right to feel some type of way about it. that and the news about the FO wanting an adult in the room? yea im out.

now here's why i humble myself: i, AS A FAN, was convinced when posters and the media stated that AB had a plan even if we didnt ;amnd Watson.

Something tells me he actually didn't. and if Berry and the FO went into the watson sweepstakes as a a pure YOLO move, then that is beyond reckless and pathetic.
I agree 100%.

on a private jet with a trade packaged already approved

"investigate if a top-tier QB is available"

These two things are NOT the same.

Smokescreen / scapegoat / smear campaign

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: mgh888
FATE #1932184 03/17/22 05:14 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
NCAA isn't the only march madness going on.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
I was listening to Keyshawn and Orlovsky. Keyshawn who was traded said Baker is gone. He said once a player says he has had enough.

They find a way to get rid of him. Orlovsky said the same thing. They said you will not hear from other players supporting once he says I want out.

They should know.

The options do not look good. Baker is worth a second or third.

Then what?

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by bonefish

Then what?

0-17

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
C
Legend
Legend
C
Baker is not getting traded until we have someone else ready to go.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
Baker is worth a second or third.

Then what?

look for a good QB for another 20 years.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
I demand that there be a new Progressive commercial released immediately that involves moving vans in front of CBS.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
I demand that there be a new Progressive commercial released immediately that involves moving vans in front of CBS.

Legend
Legend
I HeartEmoji the Internets.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

PitDAWG #1932223 03/17/22 06:38 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Sure.

Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
And as most people know here, press conference comments don't mean anything regarding truth or direction.

But we, and I think I can speak in the plural here, WE understand you'd be a bit salty since you tried to ridicule people who already knew this element of PCs and pointed it out from the jump. But hey, you do you.

Many of those very same people are posting and claiming that yet another PR statement is accurate. The claim that the FO talked to Baker's people and explained they would only pursue an upgrade at the QB position as of their public statement.

It's a case of believing such statements if it helps support what they believe on one hand and making excuses why we shouldn't believe them on the other hand. I'm not salty, I'm entertained by it all.

I'm not talking about any PR statement or twitter media source and you know that. I'm talking about a PC from Berry himself that you ignorantly believed.

Still salty, I see.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
To be respectful, you have no idea how long I've been a fan either and you my friend was the first to cut by saying I should go with him. You think Baker has made this about himself - I disagree. However, rather than a spirited discussion which I was looking for you decided to make it about yourself and send out worthless comments that have nothing to do with the topic. You see, when you send out posts like that rather than engaging in a serious discussion you tell everyone a lot about yourself. I leave it at that and would rather talk Browns but obviously you want to go low - already then!

F
Legend
Legend
F
You know, we always said it would nice to be talking about something other than the draft and next season after October, guess none of us thought it would be this? smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Baker the bawl baby just needs to zip it. He's making 18mil after the worst performance by a qb in the entire NFL. I realize he was hurt and that played a big part, but you can't fault the FO for looking at a plan B. They really screwed the pooch in how they did it, but Mayfield doesn't need to cry in public, either.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1932267 03/17/22 08:00 PM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
It's almost like Mayfield has never worked a real professional job in his life before.

People have problems every day at work, bad mouth the management, criticize the direction something is going, but you've got to have enough self control to know who you do it in front of and when.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
PitDAWG #1932268 03/17/22 08:00 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
How do you see that Tweet as being against Baker?

The Browns want an adult at QB thing was what I was talking about. The tweet I just shared. Keep up. wink

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Mayfield

Link Copied to Clipboard