T
How we going to extend Denzel?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Ward, Baker, Hunt, 2 first, 2 second, two thirds, and the guy who leaked the child comment most likely.

This compensation is absurd! This will severely test anyone's loyalty.....

Why put out these false reports no players were traded, no 2nd round picks were traded, only one third, a fourth, and we get a fifth from them ... so right now we have a pick in every round except round one.

Last edited by PastorMarc; 03/18/22 04:40 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
They are not.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
Ward, Baker, Hunt, 2 first, 2 second, two thirds, and the guy who leaked the child comment most likely.

This compensation is absurd! This will severely test anyone's loyalty.....

I was just guessing before all the first round picks came out. No players were traded other than Watson that I could see. Breaking the bank like that though will probably cost something.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And hopefully when your daughters are old enough to understand how you supported him you can explain that to them.

I wouldn't go there, but I can't help but feel this is wrong on various levels.

I'll go there from now until hell freezes over. People who have wives and daughters should be ashamed of this team and themselves. I couldn't imagine trying to justify supporting my team get a man with 22 civil sexual charges hanging over his head. I would be ashamed to even try. But some people will sell their very souls for a wining team. And Haslam is the president of that club.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs
How we going to extend Denzel?

He will play on the 5th year and get paid next year this cap is going to zoom the next couple years ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
Don’t be happy for me, be happy for the TEAM!!

We are actually gonna compete bro!! Actually have a legit chance of running with the big boys!!

We already had that, you just gave up on Bake. All good though. I hope you are right. Let me ask you though, let's say this plays out and Watson's legal crap aside, we win a Super Bowl... You won't feel it's tainted even a little? I've lived my whole life wanting a moment like this, yet it feels dirty to me. Wrong. Can you explain that?

No. Because he isn’t an elected official. He wasn’t traded to be my spiritual leader, or POTUS. He’s here to win football games.

That’s the business. The nfl has creep shows from the players all the way to the ownership.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm sad and happy at the same time.

1 member likes this: illegalmoe
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by DawgMichelle
Originally Posted by mgh888
Why is 'f e c k' censored? It is not profanity.

Because it's masked profanity.

No it's not.

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/[censored]-meaning-origin-stan-carey-622374-Oct2012/

F.e.c.k is family-friendly, even according to advertising standards authorities (though not always). As expletives go, it has a playful, unserious feel. People who are genuinely furious – as opposed to merely annoyed – or who want to be properly abusive, tend not to use f.e.c.k: it just isn’t forceful enough.

Last edited by mgh888; 03/18/22 04:44 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
And hopefully when your daughters are old enough to understand how you supported him you can explain that to them.

I wouldn't go there, but I can't help but feel this is wrong on various levels.

I'll go there from now until hell freezes over. People who have wives and daughters should be ashamed of this team and themselves. I couldn't imagine trying to justify supporting my team get a man with 22 civil sexual charges hanging over his head. I would be ashamed to even try. But some people will sell their very souls for a wining team. And Haslam is the president of that club.

So are you done as a Browns fan? Just asking because I'm contemplating that too.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That doesn't sound like a very good excuse to support a sexual predator.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

1 member likes this: SuperBrown
O
Legend
Legend
O

We are actually gonna compete bro!! Actually have a legit chance of running with the big boys!!

We already had that, you just gave up on Bake. All good though. I hope you are right. Let me ask you though, let's say this plays out and Watson's legal crap aside, we win a Super Bowl... You won't feel it's tainted even a little? I've lived my whole life wanting a moment like this, yet it feels dirty to me. Wrong. Can you explain that?

No. Because he isn’t an elected official. He wasn’t traded to be my spiritual leader, or POTUS. He’s here to win football games.

That’s the business. The nfl has creep shows from the players all the way to the ownership.

Good points. Still not sitting right with me, but thanks for the food for thought.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
WOW! NEVER SAW THIS COMING!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
All Pro
All Pro

Congratulations Swish. Happy for you and the rest of the local supporters.

I have four daughters. I have witness one of my daughters being “used” by a scumbag similar to Watson. They ended up in the court house. iPhone messages, movies. It was all there. The scumbag got away with only a slap on his wrist. 6 months later he did the same again but worse. Brutal rape on a teenager. So forgive me for being hesitant.

I want the best for the Browns and Watson is a elite QB. But don’t forget his background if something happen in the future.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I wonder when Baker is going to release his Thank-you Cleveland letter? Oh..wait

It seems like Baker had it right and you had it wrong. But don't let that get in your way. Now we have the predator in the pocket. That should make you excited.

Very excited.

Baker had it wrong by a day or two.

Stop rooting for the team if that is your position. I hope you don't, but a stand is a stand.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
No one wants to play in Stefanski's offense. . .

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Cap hell is coming - the Browns will be like the Saints were this year and every year into the future. Guess since it's a done deal - the immediate danger is Watson doesn't get suspended for a year.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
That doesn't sound like a very good excuse to support a sexual predator.

But it is a good excuse to support the TEAM

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
Smart. Tough. Accountable. BS.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
4 members like this: PitDAWG, OldColdDawg, Jester
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
There's no way that 230 mill can all be guaranteed, can it?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Deshaun Watson $230 million
Aaron Rodgers: $150.7 million
Josh Allen: $150 million
Patrick Mahomes: $141.5 million

LMAO - here is all the proof you would ever need on how this all went down.

Watson rejects the Browns ... Browns FO look like incompetent Muppets & have to nearly DOUBLE the guarantee that the best QB in the NFL just signed a few days ago.

Ridiculous.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
F
Legend
Legend
F

Yeah, although I am sure they massaged some clauses in there that they can void it under certain conditions.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
1 member likes this: tru_dawgs
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by steve0255
Cap hell is coming - the Browns will be like the Saints were this year and every year into the future. Guess since it's a done deal - the immediate danger is Watson doesn't get suspended for a year.

My advice would be to not listen to steve0255 when it comes to cap matters and on matter related to who does/doesn't want to play for Stefanski.

1 member likes this: Milk Man
P
Legend
Legend
P
I wonder when Baker is going to release his Thank-you Cleveland letter? Oh..wait

It seems like Baker had it right and you had it wrong. But don't let that get in your way. Now we have the predator in the pocket. That should make you excited.

Very excited.

Stop rooting for the team if that is your position. I hope you don't, but a stand is a stand.

I agree root for the team whoever is under those orange helmets ...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That's a boatload of money to pay a guy to just hand off the ball 60% of the plays.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

It is. This contract will be seriously back loaded. The cap is going to go through the roof starting next year.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Good points. Still not sitting right with me, but thanks for the food for thought.

OCD, just take some time to let it settle in then make a decision. Once this calms down you'll know your true feelings for the situation. This was a crazy change of events within the past 24-48 hours

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
That's a boatload of money to pay a guy to just hand off the ball 60% of the plays.

We passed more than we ran last year. If we still run as much as we did with Baker now that we have Watson then there should be skepticism.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PastorMarc

The whole time the team has been bad, or even aspiring to be mediocre, I have rooted for them, but now that they're nearly a lock to be good, I don't feel like I can root for them anymore.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

7 members like this: Moxdawg, FATE, Dave
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Bleacher Report is saying it's a guaranteed 5 year contract worth $230 Million. Texans get 5 draft picks including 3 first rounders. Holy smokes... That's a hell of a lot to pay for a guy that still has some legal issues hanging over his head... (not criminal but still, things that could get him suspended if the league decides to do so)

This I think is too expensive......

So very expensive, but not much you can do at this point.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Floquinho

Congratulations Swish. Happy for you and the rest of the local supporters.

I have four daughters. I have witness one of my daughters being “used” by a scumbag similar to Watson. They ended up in the court house. iPhone messages, movies. It was all there. The scumbag got away with only a slap on his wrist. 6 months later he did the same again but worse. Brutal rape on a teenager. So forgive me for being hesitant.

I want the best for the Browns and Watson is a elite QB. But don’t forget his background if something happen in the future.

Bro I have two daughters myself. I have NEVER told anyone to throw themselves at Watson from a character perspective. I was the first one on this board calling him a creep when the news first dropped of the accusations.

I have always spoken about Watson from a pure football standpoint. I’m a fan of the team first, players second. If Watson ever leaves, it’s fine. I’ll throw my support behind the next QB of the browns until they prove they suck, as I’ve always done. So in your case, of course you should be SEVERELY hesitant, and you won’t ever hear different from me.

But at the end of the day, it’s the NFL. We have a scumbag owner, a guy who kicked the crap out of a woman on video, and another dude going on drug fueled binges getting arrested naked. If I was to use my own morality on the NFL, I wouldn’t be able to watch the NFL, or any sport for that matter.

The FO was going to make this move anyway, no matter how you or I felt about it. Because teams are in the business of trying to win games, not win character awards.

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: FATE, Floquinho
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

The whole time the team has been bad, or even aspiring to be mediocre, I have rooted for them, but now that they're nearly a lock to be good, I don't feel like I can root for them anymore.

it's tough, but as someone else said, maybe it's time we just root for the helmet, not for the guy under it.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
1 member likes this: jfanent
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Well that sucks....FYI, most of our major pieces are already signed for multiple years (i.e. Garrett, Chubb, Cooper, Newsome, JOK, JJIII, Teller, Bitonio (i think), our LT, our new QB)

1 member likes this: Milk Man
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
1 million dollar base salary for 2022?

Damn this Berry guy is good!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
P
Legend
Legend
P

For some reason I knew you wouldn't fess up and admit he got it right.

There is a 53 man roster, practice squad and an entire coaching staff. I won't abandon all of them because of a scum bag owner and a predator at QB. As you know I put up with Modell for what seemed like forever. But you can bet your ass I will be very vocal about what's going on here. People are just going to have to learn to deal with that or they are going to have their panties in a bunch moving forward.

You can also bet that I won't be alone in not spending another dime in support of this team. No merchandise, no NFL Sunday Ticket. Not a dime. I'm still shocked you would welcome someone like him to our team. You better hope he's good at picking a HC. Because in Houston he threw a tantrum and demanded a trade when he couldn't. And you thought baker was immature?

rofl

I would tell you to be careful what you wish for but it's too late for that.

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
1 million dollar base salary for 2022?

Damn this Berry guy is good!

1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
P
Legend
Legend
P

According to you we couldn't have done this deal in the first place. So it's a little late to try and preach about it now.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

I think you’ll feel bette Ron game day… lot to process right now

<><

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns trade for DeShaun Watson

Link Copied to Clipboard