Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by mgh888
Deshaun Watson $230 million
Aaron Rodgers: $150.7 million
Josh Allen: $150 million
Patrick Mahomes: $141.5 million

LMAO - here is all the proof you would ever need on how this all went down.

Watson rejects the Browns ... Browns FO look like incompetent Muppets & have to nearly DOUBLE the guarantee that the best QB in the NFL just signed a few days ago.

Ridiculous.

Other side of the coin:

Watson rejects the Browns... the FO office doesn't give up, devises a plan laid out of the structure of the team, how they will use him in the offense, and showing how they will re-image him. Then work tirelessly to get their target even after they were declined.

Thus showing this FO will work night and day to become a top level team in the NFL

1 member likes this: Milk Man
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
No merchandise, no NFL Sunday Ticket. Not a dime.

So you're not going to watch the games?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I can’t help but think this is just “old Browns” once again rearing its ugly head. This is going to blow up in our faces. $230 guaranteed? For a guy with 22 suits and a lengthy suspension hanging over his (and now our) heads. For a guy that made sure everyone knew he didn’t want us. But then we threw stupid money at him so…. He’s in it for the football, right? He wants to be here? He cares at all? Lol. Yea I know most of them are mercenaries but there’s got to be a shred of dignity.

First question on the subject out of my daughters mouth a few days ago was “isn’t he the guy that raped like 20 girls? You don’t want him on the Browns, right?”…. Oof. Obviously her details needed correcting but my lord, wth are we doing?

It’s not easy being a fan of this team in most years, it’s dang near impossible right now.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
1 million dollar base salary for 2022?

Damn this Berry guy is good!

No - that's more of Cleveland taking up the keister .... but hey, who cares right?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Swish
But it is a good excuse to support the TEAM

You goin' to have some splainin' to do Lucy! Throwing your morals in the trash can to root for a predator so your team can win some games doesn't sound like a very good excuse.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
j/c:

Now that it's done.....

Depending on any possible missed time due to legal issues, normal type injury issues that might transpire during the season, and assuming we cut ties with Keenum -

Is it ridiculous for me to be wondering who our back up is going to be?

Until the dust settles, probably so.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I wonder when Baker is going to release his Thank-you Cleveland letter? Oh..wait

It seems like Baker had it right and you had it wrong. But don't let that get in your way. Now we have the predator in the pocket. That should make you excited.

Very excited.

Baker had it wrong by a day or two.

Stop rooting for the team if that is your position. I hope you don't, but a stand is a stand.

I agree root for the team whoever is under those orange helmets ...

Shocked.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask

Watson rejects the Browns ... Browns FO look like incompetent Muppets & have to nearly DOUBLE the guarantee that the best QB in the NFL just signed a few days ago.

Ridiculous.

Other side of the coin:

Watson rejects the Browns... the FO office doesn't give up, devises a plan laid out of the structure of the team, how they will use him in the offense, and showing how they will re-image him. Then work tirelessly to get their target even after they were declined.

Thus showing this FO will work night and day to become a top level team in the NFL

Well damn they must be incompetent if they didn't have that all prepped for their initial meeting.

I think my scenario is more realistic. They did all what you said on round one - then just told the guy to write his own check on round 2.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Looks like we are going SB or bust this year. Reminds me of the 97 Marlins buying the World Series. I know, more Cleveland bad history….irony…..

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Ridiculous.

Other side of the coin:

Well damn they must be incompetent if they didn't have that all prepped for their initial meeting.

I think my scenario is more realistic. They did all what you said on round one - then just told the guy to write his own check on round 2.

To be fair, Rodgers basically signed a 3 year deal. So the per year guarantee is higher. Either way, crazy numbers.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted by HewDawg
Looks like we are going SB or bust this year. Reminds me of the 97 Marlins buying the World Series. I know, more Cleveland bad history….irony…..

The cap though is going to keep exploding, so they'll still have some money to work with going forward. Plus, no first rounders to pay.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Ridiculous.

Other side of the coin:

If you desperately want a player paying him more money seems like a good strategy.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Well, I should have said they did that during their meeting. But they kept working that perspective after the decline.

Ian Rapport said on NFL network that it did him in the feels about having a winning team in place...obviously the money helped too

My fault on not being clear.

1 member likes this: mgh888
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
YEEEEEEEESSSSSS

WE HAVE A FRANCHISE QUARTERBACK

and it sounds like we might get Clowney too on a 2-year deal

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/browns-reportedly-offer-clowney

WHHHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! WHOOOO! cool

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
It kind of doesn't matter whether you guarantee the money to a 26-year-old top 5 QB or not, because he is going to get it all anyway. I have a Steelers friend who I always used to chide for having a rapist for a QB. And he started in on me about Watson. I just called him a racist! This is going to be so easy .....

1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
It's all conjecture and opinion. No worries. My opinion will remain the FO dropped their pants and had to take it up the *** because they ended up looking so stupid. Who knows if Baker refusing to play pushed them their or not.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Ridiculous.

Other side of the coin:

Nobody can dis Berry and company for doing their job and getting their man. Kudos on that. It's the man they got I question. I did read that the browns did a deep investigation, so that made me feel a little better thinking they might have info we don't yet… But none of it sits right with me yet. It's hard being a Browns fan.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I thought for sure Baker would be included in the deal, guess I was wrong. They must be rather comfortable with Mills or the draft in that avenue.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jaybird
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

The whole time the team has been bad, or even aspiring to be mediocre, I have rooted for them, but now that they're nearly a lock to be good, I don't feel like I can root for them anymore.

The whole time the team has been bad, or even aspiring to be mediocre, I have rooted for them, but now that they're nearly a lock to be good, I don't feel like I can root for them anymore.

I think you’ll feel bette Ron game day… lot to process right now

No, I don't think I will. I'm sitting thinking about how good our chances are of a Super Bowl, now, and I don't think I'll be able to enjoy it. It'll feel second rate.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: PitDAWG, cfrs15
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by cfrs15

Stop trolling him, he has a right to be upset and you know it.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Only if they're replayed on the NFL Network. At this point I don't much give a damn anymore. I'm not going to financially support a team that claims to stand for character and then rewards a sexual predator with the highest paid contract in the NFL.

I was raised different than that. My dad would be rolling over in his grave if I did that.

I just changed from a Browns fan to nothing more than a casual observer. I watch a lot of the NFL. The Browns are now pretty much just 1 of the other 31 teams.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 10YrOvernightSuccess
I can’t help but think this is just “old Browns” once again rearing its ugly head.

we've won another offseason

Browns is the Browns

2 members like this: jfanent, mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by The Big G
It kind of doesn't matter whether you guarantee the money to a 26-year-old top 5 QB or not, because he is going to get it all anyway. I have a Steelers friend who I always used to chide for having a rapist for a QB. And he started in on me about Watson. I just called him a racist! This is going to be so easy .....

You know if there was even a smidge of really about that statement then Mahomes and Allen's contracts would be just like Watson's .... they are not. Neither is any other player's in the NFL. You can try and say it's not big deal but there is a reason why it is a giant anomaly that stands entirely alone int he entire NFL.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
But it is a good excuse to support the TEAM

You goin' to have some splainin' to do Lucy! Throwing your morals in the trash can to root for a predator so your team can win some games doesn't sound like a very good excuse.

You act like if people support the Browns they're the ones that molested women. You need to get a grip. You'll be back week 1 regardless of anything you say.

-Charles Bukowski
3 members like this: SunDawg, Milk Man, jfanent
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Shocked.

And he's a preacher. I guess in life a lot of times people think rationalizing the things they do make it more acceptable to them. I think in the end he'll find out it doesn't work that way.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Browns sure know how to take the fun out of winning

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by cle23
Originally Posted by HewDawg

The cap though is going to keep exploding, so they'll still have some money to work with going forward. Plus, no first rounders to pay.

Yeah, hopefully all the crap going on in the world doesn't derail that plan with an American depression.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you support a sexual predator as our QB, you support a sexual predator. Man up and admit it.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No worries, I was just trying to show the other side of the coin. You have your opinion, I have mine. It's all good.

I'm just happy our FO just showed everyone that we can get a top level player and they will come here. Bottom line.

L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Just saw a comment that said Watson got shafted, the Browns gave up a whole bunch of money and draft picks but Watson just gave up his career. Ouch.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Is he really a preacher ?

Legend
Legend
No worries, I was just trying to show the other side of the coin. You have your opinion, I have mine. It's all good.

I'm just happy our FO just showed everyone that we can get a top level player and they will come here. Bottom line.

well, for a guaranteed 1/4 Billion Dollars, most anyone will go anywhere for at least a little while.

Browns is the Browns

1 member likes this: tru_dawgs
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Finally after decades of mediocre QB play, we have a bonafide stud at QB. With the team that has been assembled with a lot of young players, and very good ones at key positions, this just might finally put this team over the top.

As for the moral police on here, once the winning begins, I hope you all stick to your guns. I can't stand hypocrites. Many say they won't root for the team anymore, I say don't let the screen door hit you on the way out.

Cooper is probably pumped up now. With our running game and Oline, and a top 5 defense, we should be contenders for a few years at least. Kudos to Berry for getting it done. Thank you Baker for changing the culture, and giving your all. Hope you heal up and have a good career.

I can't wait to listen to all the ex player talking heads who have been trashing the team for last couple days eat some crow.

Can't wait for the season to start.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
2 members like this: Swish, tastybrownies
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'm a supporter of the Cleveland Browns, no one is forcing you to be a fan.

I'm personally shocked, incredibly excited by the news of Watson and want him to help the Browns succeed in winning the super bowl!

Great way to start the weekend! Opening a cold one! Here's to you Pitt.

-Charles Bukowski
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
You act like if people support the Browns they're the ones that molested women. You need to get a grip. You'll be back week 1 regardless of anything you say.

Oh I'll be here. And you won't like what I'm saying then either. In case reality has escaped you PPE is not affiliated with the Browns and doesn't charge us for being here. Being here does not financially support the Browns in any way. You can bet your ass I'll never stop calling people out for supporting a sexual predator. That's something you may as well come to grips with. Or don't. I don't really give a damn either way.

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Stop trolling him, he has a right to be upset and you know it.

Not trolling. Serious question. Watching the games is what the league ultimately wants.

Legend
Legend
Aditi had some interesting things to say.

She has spoken to a number of players. One said he wanted to thank Baker for his efftortless leadership and all he did.

She then said the players were excited and supportive of Watson. Saying he has the "it" factor.

What happens now will be interesting.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You just keep supporting that sexual predator! Hopefully the next victim of a sexual predator won't be someone you love or is close to you. That would be terrible.

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Only if they're replayed on the NFL Network. At this point I don't much give a damn anymore. I'm not going to financially support a team that claims to stand for character and then rewards a sexual predator with the highest paid contract in the NFL.

I was raised different than that. My dad would be rolling over in his grave if I did that.

I just changed from a Browns fan to nothing more than a casual observer. I watch a lot of the NFL. The Browns are now pretty much just 1 of the other 31 teams.

Isn't any support of the NFL, in any form, support of the Browns and, therefore, Watson?

I am trying to work through this myself also.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Could be...........

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns trade for DeShaun Watson

Link Copied to Clipboard