Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
FATE #1930523 03/14/22 02:41 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
To each his own, but this sounds like more selective science to me. Less than a month ago, Pfizer's Omicron-specific booster failed miserably, so much so that they basically skipped clinical trials once the results from animals came back. But now, their new vaccine will "cover omicron and all the other variants".

What am I missing, besides some fancy-new-math on the horizon?

The science is there, it's the sales and Marketing that provide the spin. Again, a drug failing while it's still in the pipeline is nothing new. Sales and Marketing driving the narrative before clinical trials even kick off is the big problem. Again, maybe mRNA is so much of a game-changer that the failure/success ratio in drug development is no longer applicable... I don't know.

I read that the omicron booster was being swept under the rug and just kinda shrugged my shoulders like, "duh".

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
What exactly is your point?

Vaccines were authorized (EUA), and then Pfizer (and Moderna?) were fully approved later on. This includes the requisite clinical trials and other testing.

Then you list a whole bunch of random drugs that people sued over because of side effects. Not sure if you realize, but Tylenol is on that list of yours.

1. People sue for all kinds of reasons.
2. If you have a problem with the mRNA vaccines at this point (went through the usual review/approval process) then you have a problem with the FDA doing its thing. If you're going to take some stand here, then you should probably do the same with all the other stuff they've reviewed and approved.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by FATE
To each his own, but this sounds like more selective science to me. Less than a month ago, Pfizer's Omicron-specific booster failed miserably, so much so that they basically skipped clinical trials once the results from animals came back. But now, their new vaccine will "cover omicron and all the other variants".

What am I missing, besides some fancy-new-math on the horizon?

The science is there, it's the sales and Marketing that provide the spin. Again, a drug failing while it's still in the pipeline is nothing new. Sales and Marketing driving the narrative before clinical trials even kick off is the big problem. Again, maybe mRNA is so much of a game-changer that the failure/success ratio in drug development is no longer applicable... I don't know.

I read that the omicron booster was being swept under the rug and just kinda shrugged my shoulders like, "duh".
I get all that, bro.

I'm just trying to figure out how one month after failing to create an effective vaccine for Omicron, they suddenly have a vaccine that will "cover omicron and all the other variants".

Sounds like the best classification for that statement by Pfizer is "LIE".

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1930538 03/14/22 02:55 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Gotta hit those revenue projections, bruh!

Tackles are tackles.
FATE #1930540 03/14/22 02:57 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
[Linked Image from images.squarespace-cdn.com]

It's hilarious how the vaccines were created to avoid serious illness and death. They have accomplished greatly reducing both. Then you try and select one minor detail while ignoring everything else to try and make a point that actually doesn't exist. And all you have to counter that is a mindless meme. Then claim it's someone else trying to move the goal posts when it's actually you trying to take the entire covid issue down to one small detail in the grand scheme of things. You have no idea how that looks.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
They can't help themselves.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE #1930547 03/14/22 03:05 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
LOL, ok sorry. I misread that last response.

Yeah, I can't really argue with what you're saying (now that I actually read what you're saying). It's optimistic prediction/advertising to keep people wanting to come back.

-PrplPplEater
PitDAWG #1930565 03/14/22 03:26 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It's hilarious how the vaccines were created to avoid serious illness and death. They have accomplished greatly reducing both. Then you try and select one minor detail while ignoring everything else to try and make a point that actually doesn't exist. And all you have to counter that is a mindless meme. Then claim it's someone else trying to move the goal posts when it's actually you trying to take the entire covid issue down to one small detail in the grand scheme of things. You have no idea how that looks.
Uhh, yes I do. It looks like some of us are discussing a relative subject, while you're trying to (again) enforce some kind of DT regulation that prevents any discussion besides "vaccines save lives".

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

FATE #1930568 03/14/22 03:30 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm showing the big picture results while you are on a tangent to try and state that this is some big deal. Drugs often never make it through the trial phase. This isn't some big thing like you're trying to make it out to be. You keep using those mindless memes. It's what you do best.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1930579 03/14/22 04:00 PM
Legend
Legend
I said it was "some big thing"?

You win bro. rofl

E
Legend
Legend
E
jc

Georgia cases have dropped to practically nothing. 800 cases (cases, not deaths) in the last 3 days total.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by oobernoober
What exactly is your point?

Vaccines were authorized (EUA), and then Pfizer (and Moderna?) were fully approved later on. This includes the requisite clinical trials and other testing.

Then you list a whole bunch of random drugs that people sued over because of side effects. Not sure if you realize, but Tylenol is on that list of yours.

1. People sue for all kinds of reasons.
2. If you have a problem with the mRNA vaccines at this point (went through the usual review/approval process) then you have a problem with the FDA doing its thing. If you're going to take some stand here, then you should probably do the same with all the other stuff they've reviewed and approved.

1. They do. however..... mass-tort is much different than suing for random reasons. - Each year in the U.S., thousands of hospitalizations and hundreds of suicide deaths are caused by ingestion of Tylenol. Tylenol overdose is not immediately fatal, unlike other drugs. Death occurs due to severe liver failure which progresses over a period of days or weeks and is due to the liver being “overwhelmed” by Tylenol.

2. All I was pointing out is that I listed about 40 drugs (after FDA approval) found to cause serious injury/death and other nasty side effects from the drugs that were not discovered until years and years later.

The FDA rushed Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J through trials with months of research not decades like every other vaccine in the history of mankind. Originally, these shots were only approved for 1 dose in a year. now, we are discussing dose #4 in a year.

- If the FDA made an error, we may only have about 30% of the US population who won't be injured/dead or have a nasty side effect from the vaccines.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Damanshot #1930817 03/15/22 11:00 AM
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Well, our “dolt” governor was smart enough to know not to force covid patients into nursing homes, wasn’t he. He was smart enough to figure out quickly that the elderly were some of the most vulnerable to the virus so they needed to be protected. He was smart enough to make sure nursing home residents were among the first to get the vaccine.

Why don’t you ask residents of New York who lost loved ones who were in nursing homes because their governor was stupid enough to force nursing homes to accept covid patients if they wish they had a governor then like that “dolt” in florida.

1 member likes this: Day of the Dawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet you never talk about it in percentages. You talk about the drugs the FDA approved that turned to with bad results. I wonder what that is compared to the percentages of drugs that didn't?

And maybe you should look into how viral vaccines work. If you did you would understand that side effects from viral vaccines would be quick and not something that would harm you over time.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1930926 03/15/22 02:15 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you did you would understand that side effects from viral vaccines would be quick and not something that would harm you over time.

there are 2 types of side effects
1. short term
2. long term

We have never really rushed a vaccine to the public before. Right now, we only know short-term. In 10 years, we will know long-term.

Statistically speaking, we should be fine. Only around 10% of people had a short-term side effect.

www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/safety-of-vaccines.html

Here are some of the more serious side effects of the covid vaccine:

Anaphylaxis
Anaphylaxis is a severe type of allergic reaction with symptoms such as hives, difficulty breathing, low blood pressure, or significant swelling of the tongue or lips. Anaphylaxis after COVID-19 vaccination is rare. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis.

Thrombosis with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome (TTS)
Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) is a rare but serious adverse event that causes blood clots or issues with clotting. TTS after COVID-19 vaccination is rare. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and adverse events, including TTS.

Myocarditis and Pericarditis
Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis is inflammation of the outer lining of the heart. Myocarditis and pericarditis after COVID-19 vaccination are rare. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and adverse events, including myocarditis and pericarditis.

Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) is a rare disorder where the body’s immune system damages nerve cells, causing muscle weakness and sometimes paralysis. GBS after COVID-19 vaccination is rare. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and adverse events, including GBS.

Death
12,989 preliminary reports of death (0.0023%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You must have forgotten this part of your sources article.

Hundreds of Millions of People Have Safely Received a COVID-19 Vaccine

More than 555 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine had been given in the United States from December 14, 2020, through March 7, 2022. To view the current total number of COVID-19 vaccinations that have been administered in the United States, please visit the CDC COVID Data Tracker.

COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective. COVID-19 vaccines were evaluated in tens of thousands of participants in clinical trials. The vaccines met the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA’s) rigorous scientific standards for safety, effectiveness, and manufacturing quality needed to support emergency use authorization (EUA). Learn more about EUAs in this video.external icon

The Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines will continue to undergo the most intensive safety monitoring in US history. This monitoring includes using both established and new safety monitoring systems to make sure that COVID-19 vaccines are safe.

Common Side Effects

After COVID-19 vaccination, some people may feel ill, with symptoms like fever or tiredness for a day or two after receiving the vaccine. These symptoms are normal and are signs that the body is building immunity. Some people have no side effects. Others have reported common side effects after COVID-19 vaccination, such as:

Swelling, redness, and pain at the injection site
Fever
Headache
Tiredness
Muscle pain
Chills
Nausea

Serious Safety Problems Are Rare

In rare cases, people have experienced serious health events after COVID-19 vaccination. Any health problem that happens after vaccination is considered an adverse event. An adverse event can be caused by the vaccine or can be caused by a coincidental event not related to the vaccine.

www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/safety-of-vaccines.html

But you keep doing you.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1931028 03/15/22 04:36 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You must have forgotten this part of your sources article.

But you keep doing you.

nope. you must have missed the part where I said:

Right now, we only know short-term. In 10 years, we will know long-term.

Statistically speaking, we should be fine. Only around 10% of people had a short-term side effect.

Here are some of the more serious side effects of the covid vaccine:

O
Legend
Legend
O
The thing about mRNA vaccines is that the way they function doesn't really lend itself to long-term side effects. The vaccine carries a message to the body to help develop antibodies, but the vaccine itself doesn't hang around very long.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's what I was trying to tell him.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Lolz.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
24% coding errors?!

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
South Korea reporting 600,000 new cases.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Squires #1933051 03/18/22 07:43 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Much of Europe has increasing numbers too. Typically the US’s waves have followed a few short weeks after theirs…

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
like clockwork- no exceptions, to date.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Much of Europe has increasing numbers too. Typically the US’s waves have followed a few short weeks after theirs…

Any news on the second booster (4th dose)?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg

Except we're seeing spikes in places that were considered a covid success. South Korea, Hong Kong, Western Australia and New Zealand. Just goes to show the virus was going to get to everyone eventually.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Squires #1933133 03/18/22 09:26 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
No, it doesn't mean that at all, smfh.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We are down to about 3 percent of the peak cases from January. 30k versus 800k

Deaths per day have fallen below a 1000 per day and dropping steadily.

We will pass a million deaths soon, I wonder how many would have not died if we approached this in a non political manner.

A lot of lives were lost, but a lot were saved by the vaccines.

My comments are not meant to be positive or negative, just sad.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.wlwt.com/article/this-k...a-ba-2-wave-could-be-in-the-us/39455269#

Recent studies show that vaccine timing matters, too. Data collected by the UK's Health Security Agency shows that vaccine effectiveness against 0micron fell to 10% for infections, 35% of hospitalizations and 70% for deaths six months or more after the second dose.

An analysis by the U.K. Health Security Agency shows that the BA.2 subvariant of omicron is about 80% more contagious than BA.1, the virus that caused the last wave of infections in the U.S. over the winter. Cases and hospitalizations are rising in the UK and several other European countries where BA.2 has become the dominant strain.

Omicron BA.2 is similar to the variant that caused this winter’s spike, BA.1. But it has 20 different mutations, four of them on a crucial region of the spike protein. These disparities are likely part of the reason BA.2 appears to be considerably more transmissible than the original Omicron — 33 percent, according to one Danish study. BA.2 is also thought to infect vaccinated people more easily than its forebear, though, fortunately, it does not appear to be any deadlier. First detected in the Philippines in November, the variant spread widely in South Africa and India in December and has since become the dominant strain around the world.

Four to six months after a third dose, boosters were about 40% to 50% effective at preventing omicron infections

In the U.S., the CDC estimates that 43% of Americans have antibodies from a past infection to fight off COVID-19. Seniors are the least likely to have this protection, however, with just 23% of adults over age 65 testing positive for antibodies from a previous infection.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, stopping 70% of deaths sounds pretty good to me.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1933871 03/20/22 04:18 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

which doesn't make any sense because vaccine effectiveness against 0micron fell to 10% for infections six months or more after the second dose.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It makes perfect sense. The vaccines will greatly reduce symptoms and deaths if you get Covid. That's how it's been all along.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

which doesn't make any sense because vaccine effectiveness against 0micron fell to 10% for infections six months or more after the second dose.
No, it makes sense. It means you still have a decent chance of getting infected but you have a lot less of a chance of being hospitalized and significantly less chance of dying.

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #1934116 03/21/22 01:28 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

No, it makes sense. It means you still have a decent chance of getting infected but you have a lot less of a chance of being hospitalized and significantly less chance of dying.

if something is only 10% effective after 6 months how can it remain 70% effective?

To me, I'm 99% sure those stats are BS.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Four to six months after a third dose, boosters were about 40% to 50% effective at preventing omicron infections

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1934189 03/21/22 03:36 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

after the 3rd dose.

according to that article, only 36% of US adults have gotten the 3rd shot.

so, why did covid basically disappear in the USA?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Because all those who were not vaccinated have had Covid.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You really don't follow what's going on do you? During the height of Omicron well over 2000 people a day were dying. That was less than a month ago. Omicron is waning and a new variant is now coming on the scene. Covid hasn't "basically disappeared". Covid has increased and decreased in intensity in waves. This isn't new and where in the hell you got this idea from is beyond me.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: GMdawg
PitDAWG #1934572 03/22/22 09:14 PM
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
COVID finally got me and the entire family.
We won't officially be recorded as COVID cases because we used at-home test kits.
I am thinking that these at-home tests are probably distorting the numbers in a big way.

Also interesting is that I contacted a couple of physicians office via telehealth to see if they were doing anything for treating patients. They basically aren't prescribing anything unless you end up in the hospital. Believe it or not, the one office was completely unaware that new anti-viral treatments had gotten emergency use approval several months ago.

s003apr #1934662 03/23/22 11:13 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
There's no doubt the at home tests are keeping the case count down. And sadly, no I'm not surprised they were unaware of the FDA approval. Choosing a good and well informed physician is one of the most critical things one can do. I had a great doctor in Ohio and when I moved to Tennessee I had to go through a few doctors before I found one I felt was very well informed and thorough.

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid Part 9

Link Copied to Clipboard