Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So, I am of the opinion that Watson is a creep.
I think it seems like he paid the women to do extras or convinced them to do more.
I haven't really seen anything different except maybe 1-2 cases. In fact, it seems like most of them serviced Watson multiple times.
Many of the accusers were bragging to others about having Watson as a customer after these extra services happened.

If I worked with him, I'd probably want him fired - I just don't know if the company (or most companies) I worked for would fire him.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Legend
Legend
A topical discussion.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for posting that. I'm glad that others see things the way some of us have been saying for awhile.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Here is another video that aligns what oober was addressing.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Nice one, I laughed.

Edit: sorry, that was directed to arch’s video.

I believe he’ll get less than eight games.

Last edited by lampdogg; 07/19/22 07:11 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I see a four game deal, like Ben got

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
V
Legend
Legend
V
The threat of the class action suit is huge.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
The league wants no part of something like that

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
Back to the Watson situation. The points made by the one dude about race are real. The class action suit has to scare the NFL. Their biased decision making would come back to haunt them. Their case is weak as can be. The one guy made a good point about how it was the NFLPA who leaked the no violence, no coercion quote. Makes sense. I agreed w/the other point about how the NFL might have to accept some backlash if Watson gets off w/a minimal suspension because the alternative would be much worse and the outrage over Watson will die down soon. Most Browns fans are already turning and are supporting Watson....at least in regards to reading the Comments sections of all these articles and videos. With the NFL's history of treating blacks unfairly, the class action suit has to scare the crap out of them. Remember, Flores suit. It's still out there. It will be best for the NFL to cut its losses and not pursue a severe punishment of Watson. Great news for us Browns fans. Not great news for those who have turned their backs on the Browns.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Back to the Watson situation. The points made by the one dude about race are real. The class action suit has to scare the NFL. Their biased decision making would come back to haunt them. Their case is weak as can be. The one guy made a good point about how it was the NFLPA who leaked the no violence, no coercion quote. Makes sense. I agreed w/the other point about how the NFL might have to accept some backlash if Watson gets off w/a minimal suspension because the alternative would be much worse and the outrage over Watson will die down soon. Most Browns fans are already turning and are supporting Watson....at least in regards to reading the Comments sections of all these articles and videos. With the NFL's history of treating blacks unfairly, the class action suit has to scare the crap out of them. Remember, Flores suit. It's still out there. It will be best for the NFL to cut its losses and not pursue a severe punishment of Watson. Great news for us Browns fans. Not great news for those who have turned their backs on the Browns.

There's been a lot of back and forth on this subject for months. Most of the dispute has been civilized though hotly contested by both sides from time to time. Some cheap shots have been taken and some received but most were pointed at the difference of opinion. Sometimes that is what's needed to have a spirited debate. Whether you're sided with a player who you believe of great character, or the other questioning that character, each side has a god given right to have their own personal belief as to what is right or wrong morally.

However, IMHO, people are reaching for a new low when they start questioning the individuals support of the team because they question the character of Watson. I guess it can safely be said then that after listening to you for 4-years bashing the hell out of our previous QB you actually had turned your back on the Browns. Now that you have someone different, you want to classify any other fan to the same category you placed yourself in the last 4-years. Well, no TY, I'm going to be here every week questioning his character and play as loyal Browns Fans should and what it does to the reputation of the team so many have loved for a lifetime. You see, questions may be asked and FO moves be questioned but we have never turned our backs like you did for 4-years (per your guideline) and now so easily try to pull others down to your level. Well - No Thank You.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Could you then explain to me why it's taking a retired judge weeks to sift through the evidence to come to a conclusion if the NFL's case "is weak"?

Beyond being thorough, I think she is encouraging the two sides to come to an agreement. Much like in a divorce settlement, the court many times tries to get the two sides to reach agreement rather than render a decree.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Somehow, the mob will say that I started another fight w/you.

For the record, I never turned my back on the Browns. I still rooted for them. I left the board once not because I wasn't rooting for the team, but because I got tired of the personal attacks from the Baker fan club.

You do what you want. I don't care. You can keep on w/your continued criticism of me and others will join you. You can question his character every week. Who freaking cares? Enjoy your misery. I'll be dancing after each victory no matter what you do because we finally have a good QB. Enjoy!

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 07/19/22 09:20 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Could you then explain to me why it's taking a retired judge weeks to sift through the evidence to come to a conclusion if the NFL's case "is weak"?

Beyond being thorough, I think she is encouraging the two sides to come to an agreement. Much like in a divorce settlement, the court many times tries to get the two sides to reach agreement rather than render a decree.

The taking her time take is so freaking weak. If she would have ruled quickly and decided on no suspension or a very small one, the haters would be screaming about how the whole process was rigged and the NFL doesn't care about women.

Btw........just watch........they will still do the same if Sue Robinson doesn't suspend Watson for a long time. They might be the vocal majority on this board, but they are in the minority when it comes to the majority of Browns fans. Read the comments after the videos and articles that are being posted.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

I was going to say, in all my years in court, I never once remember being surprised by how quickly a judge came to a decision. Whether it was to make sure a decision was air tight, or, like you said, encouraging/allowing more time for the parties to settle, not much happened quickly. Heck, I remember for my criminal cases waiting pretty significant amounts for a pre-sentence investigation and then time on top of that for the judge to consider what was in the report.

Lots of internal debate and contemplation. Like picking out furniture with my wife.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
3 members like this: oobernoober, Ballpeen, Versatile Dog
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

For the record, I never turned my back on the Browns. I still rooted for them. I left the board once not because I wasn't rooting for the team, but because I got tired of the personal attacks from the Baker fan club.

You do what you want. I don't care. You can keep on w/your continued criticism of me and others will join you. You can question his character every week. Who freaking cares? Enjoy your misery. I'll be dancing after each victory no matter what you do because we finally have a good QB. Enjoy!

So, anyone that disagrees with your stand on Watson or the slanted posts you make going after others is part of the mob characterization you've assigned to those loyal Browns Fans is fair game now? That when you spent 4-years blasting the FO, Coaches and team of the previous QB is rooting for the team but those of us who have concerns about the questionable character of Watson is "turning our backs on the Browns?" I'm not questioning you or even criticizing you for that fact. I'm pointing out your inconsistent posts and attacks on people when you're no better than the BS you have been slinging. Example, "I left the board once not because I wasn't rooting for the team, but because I got tired of the personal attacks from the Baker fan club." Ahh, but today is different. I'm a supporter of Watson no matter what others think, could be considered Prez of his fan club, and I'm going to personally attack with vigor any person who claims they're a fan for not supporting my guy. I don't care if they like it, they can enjoy their misery like I had to because of my self-inflicted BS the last 4-years. As long as my new QB wins, I can spend the next 5-years patting myself on the back. Who cares if no one has ever said that Watson wasn't an upgrade, I've supported the questionable character QB I knew was better. If we do lose, at least I'll know it wasn't the QB's problem. Yep, you're a real fan Vers, LOL!

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
V
Legend
Legend
V
You can PM me if you like and vent. This is a Watson thread and I am not interested in trading insults w/you.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

This is probably the most honest take from some rando on Twitter. Nobody truly knows, except for Sue Robinson, who may not even know at this time.

V
Legend
Legend
V
So, here is the thing about the class action suit. A lot of blacks are sitting back and watch how the NFL handles this, just like the black dude on bone's video said. They have witnessed how black coaches get passed over time and time again. They have witnessed the concussion crap. They point towards the Kaep thing. The Flores situation. They see rich white owners getting away w/violations of the Personal Conduct Policy even though the owners are supposedly held at a higher standard than the players. They see that there is no video evidence against Watson. No tangible evidence to speak of other than Watson saying the one woman cried. They see how guys like Snyder intimidated witnesses, offered bribes, and unethically accessed the emails of those who spoke to the press. They see that illicit videos were made of unknowing cheerleaders. They see video evidence of Kraft. Video evidence and the cover up by Jones in Dallas of a Peeping Tom. All white dudes. Rich, white dudes.

And then they want to go after Watson for what, exactly? Accusations? None that were taken to the police or filed in the criminal courts initially. It all began in Civil Court. Trying to get money. Y'all really think that the black community is going to buy this BS? Think again. The NFL best back the hell off if Judge Robinson doesn't impose a stiff penalty.

With that said, she might impose a stiff penalty. I have no idea what she will do. I just think the NFL's case is weak and that they are in trouble if the NFLPA files a Class Action Suit against the league.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

This is probably the most honest take from some rando on Twitter. Nobody truly knows, except for Sue Robinson, who may not even know at this time.

I saw this a while back on Facebook and thought it was exactly how I felt about all the genius media experts out there.

L
Legend
Legend
L
This drawn-out saga has been the DT version of the OJ Simpson trial. Nobody got murdered here, though.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M

And then they want to go after Watson for what, exactly? Accusations? None that were taken to the police or filed in the criminal courts initially. It all began in Civil Court. Trying to get money. Y'all really think that the black community is going to buy this BS? Think again. The NFL best back the hell off if Judge Robinson doesn't impose a stiff penalty.

I don't believe this is a racial issue. But thanks for finally posting an honest comment about how you don't believe any of the women, instead of pretending you are neutral.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
All Pro
All Pro
I don’t care how long his suspension will be because the important question for me is if I want him as the front face and the most important player of my team?

The answer is sadly - NO!

When I saw Kareem Hunt kicked that girl at the hotel I could at least understand and see myself in a similar situation. I don’t excuse his behavior but as long it was a one time incident I can forgive. That’s human nature. We sometimes has to forgive, forget and hopefully move on.

But when it comes to serious crimes or serial offenders it’s harder to move on. It’s not my job to be a judge but I can at least voice my opinion against having such a rotten character in my team. Unfortunately Deshaun Watson falls into that category of player that I don’t like and not accept. He will never be forgiven by me as long as he don’t take any sorts of accountability.

If he had sexual offended just one of the masseuses maybe I could accept and forgive, I maybe even would forgive if it was two incidents. But when the number is at least 24 and he refuse to accept guilt, not showing any remorse or compassion against these women that clearly felt uncomfortable with his behavior then he can’t count of me. I’m a nobody in the grand scheme of things but maybe if enough supporters that share my view voice their opinion maybe the NFL will listen.

Cleveland Browns is my team but sadly Deshaun Watson will never be my QB and as long as he’s part of the organization the Haslams will never get any fresh money from me.

V
Legend
Legend
V
maybe if enough supporters that share my view voice their opinion maybe the NFL will listen.

I prefer that the legal system determines a man's guilt or innocence over mob mentality.

1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
maybe if enough supporters that share my view voice their opinion maybe the NFL will listen.

I prefer that the legal system determines a man's guilt or innocence over mob mentality.

Nah...you prefer whatever advances your agenda and insatiable desire to be seen as "correct". You aren't fooling anyone.

1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Keep calling out the hypocrisy of the holier-than-thou crowd bro.

[Linked Image]

2 members like this: Rishuz, Versatile Dog
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc...

The suspension handed down by Judge Robinson, to Watson WILL NOT be the end of the Watson case.

Next, Watson's case becomes the responsibility of NFL Commissioner Goodell...and no one knows what he will do..?

So, everyone waits for the final decision...

IMO, one of the Commissioner's main concerns would be handing down a suspension that is fair, based on the evidence presented but to also hand down a suspension that has flexibility built in to allow for new evidence to be considered.

An example of a potential nightmare suspension would be a 6-8 game suspension that would be considered final, then have information surface in a future criminal or civil lawsuit with a guilty verdict against Watson.

We can pretend that such a case won't happen...but there were some 66 potential cases and so far only 30 cases have been addressed in a legal sense, by Texans. Watson and his lawyer have addressed only 20 cases..!

That leaves a potential of a whole lot of cases...maybe as many as 46 more cases, that might need to be addressed by Watson, regardless of the suspension that the NFL hands down now.

So what is a fair suspension for Watson, given the fact that more cases are likely to materialize..?

Last edited by mac; 07/20/22 09:36 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Vers....I would hate for this to become a racial thing. I mean, isn't this emotionally charged enough? Just to point out that the majority of players are black and the majority of owners are white. So simple math says there is a higher probability of a black player or a white owner to face possible discipline in a situation.

By using the Black vs White angle...isn't that essentially the same strategy Buzbee is using to try Watson(and the Texans) in the court of public opinion? This is something we have been criticizing throughout the whole situation...Court of Public opinion vs due process. Or at least one of my criticisms.

Now, much as it is a tool in Buzbee's arsenal, it could be a tool in the NFLPA arsenal. But that doesn't mean it has to be used. I certainly think there is enough evidence out there that owners, who are supposed to be held to a higher standard, are being treated much differently than players without the race angle.

If the reports are true...The NFL did not provide proof of violence, threats, or coercion (this report I think is opinion) and that the NFL, is asking for an unprecedented suspension (true and corroborated with NFL statements outside of the hearing process) and that only 5 cases were presented in the hearing with one possibly thrown out by Robinson herself (more than likely true as it is a little more specific with objective and not subjective information)....AND that the NFL thinks the treatment of owners has no bearing on this case (again I think this is a little specific to make me think it is more likely true than not) Then I think the case of the NFL is very weak as well.

I also think there is PLENTY of evidence to support and fight the NFL on an owner treatment vs player treatment basis without pulling a race card. The NFLPA and Watson's team has been very consistent in taking the high road in terms of not trying this in the media. It is my hope that continues. I understand there is a perception and it very well COULD be a reality...BUT, if we can go forward without that aspect and win...I think that is a better outcome for all involved.

JMO

-------------

I am not concerned with the time being taken for Robinson's decision. As some mentioned , I believe it is giving opportunities for the NFL and Watson to settle. I don't see that happening. I think Watson and the NFLPA feel they have a strong case...and I feel the NFL cannot afford to settle on a low number PR wise. So I expect we will see a decision from Robinson. I also believe Robinson is going to be extremely thorough. She may already have a decision...heck she may have had it for some time....But this is a precedence making case being the first ruling. And so her opinion piece will need to be bullet proof. ANY appeal on either side needs to show fault with that opinion piece as Goodell or another representative cannot just change the punishment. They need to show there is fault in the opinion and findings of Robinson in order to do so. That applies to both the NFL and Watson. So I think that is going to take time.

I also think that Robinson's ruling (whatever it may be) gives the NFL an "out". They can always point out to the media...we tried to get max punishment but we were overruled. This put the onus on Robinson, who...IMO...could care less what the media thinks. I also think the NFL want to avoid the class action lawsuit, as it will make some investigation information public. The owners CERTAINLY do not want that, neither does the NFL as an organization. But all those emails from the Snyder case will come out....and I think with Brian Flores and CTE's, they are already taking some hits...although, nothing compared to a hit if the investigation information comes to light. So the NFL is looking for an out. (conspiracy alert....is that why their case is weak?)

Now I don't know if it will have ANY bearing on Robinson's decision as it occurred AFTER the hearings and not presented as evidence. But Watson's team may have an angle as it pertains to the NFL discipline. As essentially he is essentially being investigated and tried for the same thing the Texans are. (anyone find it slightly odd there were MORE suits against the Texans than against Watson...) Allegations of enabling sexual misconduct. Yet the Team is not being investigated by the NFL and no discipline is coming. So lets be clear...The NFL is not trying to suspend Watson for sexual misconduct...they are saying his actions affected the image of the NFL in a very negative matter. Well isn't 30 lawsuits against the Texans a black eye on the image of the NFL? The Texans get to say they did no wrong...but Watson doesn't get that same courtesy?

The Texans settlement helps Watson as far as not having to be called for deposition after deposition in the Cases against the Texans...But it may be detrimental in his civil suits as the angle will be used that the settlements by the Texans are an admission of guilt and that something happened...Even though I have been adamant that the opposite is true in all cases of Settlements...

Just a feeling...but I think the longer this decision takes....the less the suspension number will be...I am hopeful it will be before training camp for the Brown's sake, as they need to prepare for the season.(Not Robinson's concern). Regardless of the suspension number, Watson will be participating in Training Camp...The Browns just need to know how much work to throw at Brisset...

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Legend
Legend
You are fully entitled to your opinion.

How you respond to the future is all on you.

The only thing I will say is life does not begin or end at 26 years on earth.

Whatever happened between DW and the women they will all move on. People fall down in life at times. What matters is what they do when they get up.

I am willing to see how DW conducts himself going forward. He is going to be a Cleveland Brown for maybe the next ten years. Over that time we will learn a lot more about him.

What is going on in regards to the pending decision is not about justice. There are to many elements at play. It has become a line in the sand between the NFL and NFLPA. It is not about what really happened anymore.

The accusers will have to move on with their lives. Some may have been gold diggers. Some may have been completely wronged and justified in their accusations.

We don't know DW. We don't now his true intent or his true feelings today.

Over his time as Brown maybe will get to know more about him.

5 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, Ballpeen, 3rd_and_20
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thoughtful response, Pete. I do want to be clear about something. I am not the one bringing race to the table. I was responding to the comments by the black dude on the video that bonefish posted. I think it's called The Ultimate Sports Show or something like that. It's toward the top of this page. I'm not a black man, but I hear what he is saying and I can understand why blacks may feel that way. I respect the way that Watson's defense has handled this case. They could have viscously attacked the character of the women. They could have slipped personal tidbits out there about the women. They have taken the high road. I will say that the NFLPA might have a strong opinion on race relations when it comes to owners vs players in the NFL.

I pretty much agree w/most of your points in the part 2 of your post. The argument that taking her time is bad is silly. I posted a video of what types of evidence were probably provided by the NFL. It makes sense that both sides presented a ton of "evidence" to argue their case. It also makes sense that it was the NFLPA who leaked the part of no violence or coercion to the media. I'd say that it's almost a guarantee that it was the truth, no matter if some folks want to believe it or not. I strongly agree w/you on how could the Texans escape punishment while they only punish Watson. Truthfully, I really don't want the Texans punished. I just think that if the NFL is going to use it's Personal Conduct Policy to discipline its members, the investigations and punishments should be equitable and consistent.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Duplicate

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 07/20/22 09:53 AM.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Didn't mean to imply you were bringing race into the situation. Sorry if I gave that impression.

I am aware of G. Bush's opinion in this matter...(actually it is a good show...UCSS...I catch it on YouTube a lot...always have great guests on the show) And for the most part I agree with him. For me though...it is a HOPE things don't need to go there.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
V
Legend
Legend
V
I didn't really think you were implying it, but I was just clarifying my intent because I probably wasn't very clear about it when I made my post last night.

I think that things will only "go there" if the NFL imposes an unfairly harsh penalty. That's why the threat of the class action suit might give Goodell pause if he is thinking of increasing the suspension after Sue Robinson makes her decision.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by bonefish
You are fully entitled to your opinion.

How you respond to the future is all on you.

The only thing I will say is life does not begin or end at 26 years on earth.

Whatever happened between DW and the women they will all move on. People fall down in life at times. What matters is what they do when they get up.

I am willing to see how DW conducts himself going forward. He is going to be a Cleveland Brown for maybe the next ten years. Over that time we will learn a lot more about him.

What is going on in regards to the pending decision is not about justice. There are to many elements at play. It has become a line in the sand between the NFL and NFLPA. It is not about what really happened anymore.

The accusers will have to move on with their lives. Some may have been gold diggers. Some may have been completely wronged and justified in their accusations.

We don't know DW. We don't now his true intent or his true feelings today.

Over his time as Brown maybe will get to know more about him.

I appreciate your sensible view, like you said life doesn’t begin or end at 26 years on earth.

What was important for me was how Watson and the Cleveland Browns responded to the accusations.

Andrew Berry could easily have made a strong statement that anyone interesting in being part of the Browns organization and have 20+ civil law suits hanging over their head should first resolve all the cases before the organization give away a contract with $230m guaranteed money. It’s simple, logical and the only correct decision that a responsible GM could make. If the owners wanted another outcome he could just say that then the owners have to fire him first. That’s the trademark of a professional and responsible GM. Ask yourself what kind of reputation and status Berry would have gain after such a statement.

Deshaun Watson could and should have accept some sort of guilt when this all started. Any adviser worth their salt would advised him to immediately take responsibility and being positive to solve his situation in a grown up way. 20+ civil law suits doesn’t just fall from the sky without a reason. Not once has he shown remorse or accepts any wrong doing. That’s telling when you judge someone’s character.

Still after almost 4 months the Browns act like nothing has happened. All the signs of a rotten leadership.
Deshaun Watson actions speaks for itself. Life goes on but I haven’t so far seen any changes in his public approach that look like he’s aware of his wrong doings. It’s still seems to be same guy that 20+ women felt highly uncomfortable with.

Legend
Legend
My opinion on this has not changed. I felt all along that this was headed for settlement.

The NFL rattled their chains and blew their horn. NFLPA went and hired "Paladin." Their hired gun Kessler.

The NFL has way to much at stake to try and play hardball. Kessler will back them into a corner.

The NFL in reality can not overrule Robinson. It would be a PR horror film.

DW and his team has no reason to accept a lengthy suspension. Anything they would accept is nothing more than a way to get this all behind them.

Robinson will wait till they work it out. Unless it goes till camp. If she has to wait till then ok after that she will rule.

The magic number is four games.

2 members like this: Ballpeen, Versatile Dog
M
Legend
Legend
M
This is where I get confused by your posts...

You introduced and supported a media commentator who was very much making the Watson thing into a race issue. No one before you mentioned it, after you introduced it you said you agree and supported his view ..... But then you write that you aren't trying to make or agree with making this thing about race. It really seems that you and you alone in DawgTalkers did infact introduce and support that aspect to the situation. What am I missing ?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
This is where I get confused by your posts...

You introduced and supported a media commentator who was very much making the Watson thing into a race issue. No one before you mentioned it, after you introduced it you said you agree and supported his view ..... But then you write that you aren't trying to make or agree with making this thing about race. It really seems that you and you alone in DawgTalkers did infact introduce and support that aspect to the situation. What am I missing ?

THE TRUTH!! 🤪

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
V
Legend
Legend
V
DW and his team has no reason to accept a lengthy suspension. Anything they would accept is nothing more than a way to get this all behind them.

That is the way I see it, too. I understand why the NFLPA is pushing for zero games and I agree w/that he does not deserve to be suspended. I can see a monetary fine which is what the NFL gave to Snyder for his violations of the Personal Conduct policy. However, I can see Watson agreeing to either 2 or 4 games just to get this behind him, just like you stated. I would not agree to anything more than 4 games and instead would go w/the class action suit.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Purple ? Now I'm confuddled.

Legend
Legend
The one thing I believe you have to bear in mind is DW is a football player.

He is a long way from a lawyer. He is doing what his lawyers are telling him.

One thing that I believe is overlooked. I am not citing this as a defense for DW. It is fact. He was highly regarded as a person by those around him.

And I mean way back to high school and college coaches, teammates and those who have had contact with him through the community. He has been highly regarded.

There is no prior character issues of any kind. That does not mean he didn't do anything. The law considers people with a checkered past.

You are looking at Haslam and the organization. Understood. However, we are not privy to what their investigation showed. How far did they look back? Who did they talk to. What good has he done. What kind of person has he been. Josh Gordon, Antonio Brown have history.

20+. IMO that is not a real number any longer. Robinson is looking at four. I don't know for a fact but some of them could easily be "let's pile on and get some money. I gave him a massage. I don't know. That would not excuse poor behavior if there were one case. Still perspective should also be considered.

Adult women and a adult male. It has been made clear there was no force, coercion or violence.

We know only what has been published. There is a lot we will never know.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Love you Bone, and we see almost eye to eye on every single issue Browns and non-Browns, with the exception of this DW issue.

Dismissing the 26 women that made allegations thru the attorney seems a little too convenient. They all made the allegations ... They do NOT include the woman whose son came forward and claimed his mom was faking the claim, Buzbee filtered out legit claims and did NOT accept her as a client. Dismissing the 26 ignores the 66+ total different women, it ignores the txt messages confirming Watson had earned a toxic reputation, the txt that was from a therapist telling her boss she did NOT want to see DW, it ignores the payoff to the manager "just because"... It also seems to dismiss the 4 still unsettled cases. Final point, I do not believe there has been proof of no coercion.... That was one claim from one report. At the end of the day, each woman's testimony is a form of evidence, as is Watsons own testimony.... We may choose which testimony to believe, but it is a type of evidence. Distilling it down to adult male and adult women bypasses the setting of employer, setting etc and seems to almost imply situation was a dating scenario where the adults were free to choose what and how this actually came to be.

Like many friends who either feel the same way you do, or simply don't care if Watson did everything he was accused of, you are free to believe anything you wish. I'll respect and accept it in it's entirety. I just wanted to share the why's of my disagreement.

Last edited by mgh888; 07/20/22 12:52 PM.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Watson News 2: Electric Boogaloo

Link Copied to Clipboard