Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Legend
Legend
It is interesting to listen to the coaches when they talk about JOK.

Legend
Legend
With Bell out he has been in the slot a lot. I think Zegura said that today.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

His original headline said muted applause.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I noticed that Grant has been making a lot of catches over the middle on the highlight reels.

Did you mean Bryant? He has flashed as a receiver, not a tonne of history to go by but he seems to have good hands and some courage. This will be his third year.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Wow, what a great guy. You browns fans must be so proud of your QB.

Legend
Legend
He meant Grant. He is pretty much a return guy but is getting reps with the Bell injury. Bryant is reportedly catching everything thrown his way

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Baker_Dawg

Since you’re not a fan you should probably post either in the smack shack or better yet here. https://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/7-carolina-panthers/

Watson might be a creep but he is also our (Browns) QB. Your hero is busy throwing picks in Carolina

#gmstrong
2 members like this: FL_Dawg, Versatile Dog
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Originally Posted by Baker_Dawg

Since you’re not a fan you should probably post either in the smack shack or better yet here. https://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/7-carolina-panthers/

Watson might be a creep but he is also our (Browns) QB. Your hero is busy throwing picks in Carolina

Anyone is a hero compared to DeMassage. Availability is the first skill of a QB, DeMassage won't be throwing any picks since he won't be available. At least you will have a respectable person to cheer for when Brisset starts

Legend
Legend
If you're looking for Baker, there's a Cheesecake Factory at the Southpark Mall in Charlotte. He's probably eating his sorrows away because he's going to be backing up Sam Darnold. Or he's in the back parking lot.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
We'll see week one. I'm fine to root for a team with either Baker or Darnold starting. But, someone that has over 2 dozen sexual lawsuits against them, sorry I'd rather root for a losing team. What compels a person to cheer for someone like that, can you explain? Desperate?

Legend
Legend
"You browns fans..."

So you never really adopted the team, only the player whom you followed here.
I get it. It's not really a problem for me, at all.
Everyone is allowed to fan as they see fit.

But really... if you're going to continue hanging out here after #6 has moved on to Carolina, you should at least swap the word "Dawg" for "Fan" in your screen name. You were never really a Dawg, you never really embraced the team that has been in Ohio's blood for 75 years, and you were always going to follow Baker Mayfield wherever he went... even if he signed a second contract, won 2 Lombardis in the 216, and FA'd himself somewhere else.

We've seen guys like you before.
Most of them just moved on. You seem to need to stick around and play the troll. That seems sad to me. I mean, you could be spending your time at the Panther's site, logging in as Baker_Cat, bring the hype to a brand new audience, and forget you ever knew us. A much healthier choice.

You could be having a much better time elsewhere, yet you come to a place that's populated with people who pzz you off. I don't understand it.

[shrugs]

"too many notes, not enough music-"
7 members like this: Hammer, lampdogg, jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What's with all the padding on their helmets?

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

It's the new look NFL.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I have never posted on another team's board. I have never understood the troll mentality. Hell, a couple of our own board members have turned into trolls. They don't like the team anymore. Won't root for them. Trash the Browns all the time. And belittle other board members for supporting the team. It boggles my mind that people find pleasure in the pursuit of torturing others.

Legend
Legend
There was a camp clip showing reps of DW and JB. No big deal just practice reps.

When you watch athletes in groups at practice sometimes you notice little things.

DW is very smooth in all movement. He is a natural athlete. His feet are quick. His set up smooth and fast. His delivery classic. He has a quick release. His posture and mechanics are refined.

JB is a big guy. When you see him move in comparison to DW. The difference is noticeable. JB is slower. He throws the ball fine. His overall movements are not like DW.

DW clearly is a specimen. Like looking at a thoroughbred horse.

Not talking about field execution or playing quarterback. His pure athletic ability shines through.

It looks so easy for him to do everything required.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Watson is certainly more fluid than Jacoby. I agree about his quick release. One other thing is that Jacoby has the prototypical height and frame of an NFL qb. Pretty impressive. I just haven't seen enough of him over the years to make a sincere evaluation. I've watched him, but never really studied him.

Legend
Legend
3 Quick takeaways from Cleveland Browns training camp Day 4
https://dawgpounddaily.com/2022/07/31/3-takeaways-cleveland-browns-training-camp-day-4/

The first camp practice with fans in attendance for the Cleveland Browns is in the books, a look at the 3 major takeaways from practice.

On Day 4 of Cleveland Browns training camp, the team opened practice to the fans and I was in attendance to get my first in-person look at the 2022 Browns.

The practice wasn’t in pads so it’s hard to get a real idea of what they will look like but it was nice to see them back on the field. Let’s look at the three biggest takeaways from Saturday’s practice.

Mike Woods deserves attention
Wide receiver Mike Woods, the 6th round (202nd overall) pick from Oklahoma, looked really impressive Saturday in both individual and team drills. He was a smooth route runner getting in and out of his breaks effortlessly and with precision.

He’s such a natural pass catcher it looks effortless and his large frame provides a great target for quarterbacks. I wasn’t high on Woods when he was picked but early on he has been really impressive behind Donovan Peoples-Jones and Amari Cooper.

With David Bell and Anthony Schwartz missing early camp practices with injury, Woods is capitalizing on the opportunities. If he continues his strong camp he will make the roster with ease in September.

Cade York is the real deal
It isn’t often that you gravitate to the kicker for a long period of time during a training camp practice but that happened on Saturday. Everyone is curious if Cade York is the guy and early on in camp he clearly has the best shot to fix the Browns’ kicker problems.

He was driving the ball down the middle with ease making deep kicks from 50 yards out. The ball was just booming off of his foot and he has the leg strength to make the kicks in the winds of Cleveland. None of his kicks today were in question, it was really refreshing to see.

The feel around this Cleveland Browns team is positive
It just felt like watching the players out there, they were having fun and relaxed despite any off-the-field situations. The vibe is good, the team just seems like they don’t feel pressure and are comfortable with their teammates.

Most times have this vibe at the beginning of camp so you can’t read a ton into it but from a fan’s perspective, it was a great day and a fun experience. The defense has a ton of speed and will be special this season.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I have seen very little of JB.

So I am with you in that I have not studied him either.

What I was trying to say was not really a comparison or criticism of JB.

It was about DW and him as a pure athlete. I have seen a lot of baseball players. Some just look different. Ronald Acuna of the Braves is like that.
He is faster, smoother, more powerful, can throw farther, hit harder a true 5 tool player.

Deshaun looks the part. Just watching him move. It looks good. Like a great golf swing. Or, the form on a jump shot. The ball comes out right.

I am sure youu know what I mean.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I do know what you mean. I was agreeing w/you and just added a couple of comments.

Legend
Legend
CAMPER OF THE DAY: Rookie kicker Cade York went 6-for-6 in the first field goal drill of camp. His strong right leg was obvious, especially on a booming 48-yarder to finish.

PLAY OF THE DAY: Watson threw a fastball over the middle, and 5-foot-6 receiver Jakeem Grant Sr. reached up to grab it for an impressive completion.

QUOTES OF THE DAY: “I definitely use social media. For some reason, I just can’t see any negative comments. It’s just the craziest thing.” — Tight end David Njoku.

“Myles is still Myles, man. I don’t know what else could change, he can’t get much bigger. He’s not getting no smaller. He’s the same Jurassic Myles.” — Safety Grant Delpit on defensive end Myles Garrett.

SUNDAY’S SCHEDULE: The players are off. Practice resumes Monday at 2 p.m. and is open to fans.

https://www.brownszone.com/2022/07/...-fans-to-choose-field-design-for-season/

#gmSTRONG
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

It's the new look NFL.
It's crazy, like putting padding on the ceiling, floors and walls of a tiny closet. That's what it reminds me of.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Skimming through that I only caught, "this Cleveland Browns team is positive" , I thought, For What! Venereal Disease? Monkey Pox? Covid? (oh, it's "the feeling around this Cleveland Browns team is positive.")

I think all the Wr's = the team is kidding itself they have Zero that can beat really tuff defenders.
They have a plethora that can beat weak defenders, but in the NFL that equates to losses in the regular season.
They may be making plays but nobody has proven anything except? Njoku, and a couple of the Rb's. Ya can't count A. Coopers' until he does it in the AFC north, on this team, for this team, against the tuff defenses, on gamedays. Not just Cooper, any of the players really.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P

Wonder who, what or why he changed it?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

\

Are you sure it was Petrak? I'm not saying you are wrong but Tom Withers specifically used the word muted in his article. Just wondering if you might have mixed up the two?

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P

Here is a little more about that reaction from the fans.....

Deshaun Watson gets muted reaction at Browns’ open practice

BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Deshaun Watson sprinted onto the field to a light round of cheers Saturday at the Cleveland Browns’ first open practice of training camp.

The noticeably muted reaction reflected the uncertainty surrounding Cleveland’s controversial new quarterback.

Watson was the focal point as the Browns worked out in front of a near-capacity crowd at their suburban headquarters. He briefly waved while running to the middle of the practice fields, but did not speak with the media.

The 26-year-old quarterback is awaiting a decision from retired judge Sue L. Robinson. She’s determining if Watson violated the NFL’s personal conduct policy after being accused of sexual misconduct by 24 massage therapists. A lengthy suspension is possible.

“I can’t wait for us to get to play together, whichever week we see him,” Cleveland tight end David Njoku said. “Hopefully, it’s sooner than later. I’m excited. I can’t wait.

“But it’s not hard, we just have to take each day as it is. Whoever we have, we have to put our best foot forward and just keep working.”

Watson, a three-time Pro Bowl selection, signed a five-year, $230 million contract with the Browns after being acquired from Houston in exchange for three first-round draft picks in March. He was a member of the Texans during all of the alleged incidents.

Two separate Texas grand juries declined to indict Watson on any of the criminal complaints. He has settled 20 of the 24 civil lawsuits filed against him, and the attorney representing the women has said he hopes to take the other four to trial next spring.

There were no boos directed toward Watson at practice, but All-Pro defensive end Myles Garrett and standout running back Nick Chubb were welcomed onto the field with much louder, prolonged ovations.

“You can tell by the turnout that people want to go all-out for the Browns, but I think fans are being cautious,” said Hans Schneider, a 21-year season ticket holder and mayor of Wellington, Ohio. “Once a decision is made with Deshaun, there will be clarity.

“I’m very respectful of both sides, but regardless of the decision, some people will be happy and some will be unhappy about it.”

Watson did interact with several dozen young fans following the 80-minute practice, patiently signing autographs and taking photos on the sideline. He also gave away his cleats as prizes for playing games of rock, paper, scissors.

The lucky winners were 10-year-old Tanner Hall and 9-year-old Barrett Radel, who were wearing Chubb and Garrett jerseys. Only a handful of adults sported Watson’s No. 4, but the No. 6 of former Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield was well represented.

“I’m going to keep this in my room with me,” Radel said, beaming as he cradled Watson’s autographed shoe.

The fan interaction evoked warm memories for safety Grant Delpit, Cleveland’s second-round selection in 2020. The New Orleans native attended Saints practices as a pre-teen and was given an autographed football by his grandmother.

“I remember going to Saints training camp and that was the coolest thing ever,” Delpit said. “It’s cool to see it go full circle. I’m excited.”

Because of COVID-19 restrictions the past two summers, the Browns limited camp access to the public. Delpit is eager to make up for lost time.

“I haven’t really been here with (full access to) fans before, so we’re going to have some fun, man,” Delpit said. “I’m going to meet some kids and make some kids’ day. We’re going to try and make some people’s day out here.”

NOTES: The players will have their first day off Sunday after starting camp with four lower-intensity practices. “Don’t worry, there will be plenty of dog days in training camp where the players aren’t going to like me much,” Browns coach Kevin Stefanski said. …

Garrett’s chiseled 6-foot-4, 272-pound physique remains a popular subject with his teammates. “I don’t know what else could change, it can’t get much bigger,” Delpit said. “He’s not getting no smaller. He’s the same Jurassic Myles.” …

Rookie WR Isiah Weston (knee) was carted off the field, joining Anthony Schwartz (left knee strain) and rookie David Bell (foot) with camp injuries at the position.

https://apnews.com/article/new-orle...YFRgeBs4kAB2uwoePODCVQn_TfMWTfjmm0TcgggA

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

\

Are you sure it was Petrak? I'm not saying you are wrong but Tom Withers specifically used the word muted in his article. Just wondering if you might have mixed up the two?

Yeah, I'm sure. Scott seems to be a straight shooter so I was taken back by the change. Maybe it was just that it was more of a delayed response. Watson did get a loud ovation from the crowd according to someone I know who was there. I also heard it from a Twitter clip that was posted to.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
L
Legend
Legend
L
When even Clem is “suggesting” it might be best if you gather up your things and hit the Willie Nelson highway, that is ominous. For you, that is. I liked Baker, but he’s gone. I’m a Browns fan first, last and always, and since you are not, you may as well saddle up and head south.

Don’t come here running your mouth about the Browns. WE can do that, but YOU can’t.

Happy trails, & safe travels.

gmstrong

-----------------

4 members like this: FATE, CapCity Dawg, EveDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
When even Clem is “suggesting” it might be best if you gather up your things and hit the Willie Nelson highway, that is ominous. For you, that is. I liked Baker, but he’s gone. I’m a Browns fan first, last and always, and since you are not, you may as well saddle up and head south.

Don’t come here running your mouth about the Browns. WE can do that, but YOU can’t.

Hallelujah, and if Lamp says it, it is law.

Hasta la vista.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thought it was cool DW played rock scissors and papers for his cleats

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by lampdogg

Hallelujah, and if Lamp says it, it is law.

Hasta la vista.

Sorry, I'll stick around as that annoying little voice, some might call a conscience, to remind you of the behavior you are excusing and endorsing all in the almighty name of winning.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
If lamp says you won’t, you won’t. Trust us on this.

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: oobernoober, FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M

\

Yeah, I'm sure. Scott seems to be a straight shooter so I was taken back by the change. Maybe it was just that it was more of a delayed response. Watson did get a loud ovation from the crowd according to someone I know who was there. I also heard it from a Twitter clip that was posted to.

A quick note, Tom Withers did not write the AP article he is being quoted as stating the crowd reaction was 'muted'. The AP article was actually written by Brian Dulik. Brian Dulik got it wrong.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Thanks pdawg, for the clarification.

gmstrong

-----------------

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man

\

A quick note, Tom Withers did not write the AP article he is being quoted as stating the crowd reaction was 'muted'. The AP article was actually written by Brian Dulik. Brian Dulik got it wrong.

Thanks for the correction, Milk.

From everything I've read, videos seen, and comments from people there, it seems like it was far from muted.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Sorry, I'll stick around as that annoying little voice

That's fine. As a self-acknowledged annoying voice, the smack shack is the place for that. You can smack talk and be as annoying as you want over there.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FL_Dawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Nate Ulrich
@ByNateUlrich
#Browns moves for today:

Activated T Jack Conklin from active/PUP.

Signed WR Derrick Dillon.

Waived WR Isaiah Weston (knee) with injury designation.

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1554108503018688514

M
Legend
Legend
M
Good news re: Conklin

Tackles are tackles.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Training Camp: 2022

Link Copied to Clipboard