Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I just hoping Njoku can become a top 10-12 TE. Let alone elite. The only thing elite about him thus far is his measurables. Dude needs to prove he’s got a better feel for the game this year. That takes more than looking like an action figure when your shirt’s off.

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: FATE, Hammer
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Given our QB situation.........it really sucks that we have so many WRs not practicing. This is the time to develop some chemistry given our circumstances.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Pit and OCD heads are gonna explode watching this.

Nope. I'm good. People can feel how they feel. Rapey DW is our QB for the foreseeable future. He was judged under the scope of NFL CBA rules and found to be everything I said he was. This isn't a whitewashing or coverup, it's a failure of their system. Almost all of the women have got what they asked for in 'restitution' and the whole world knows what he did. If the evidence wasn't enough to criminally charge him, this is about the best that those of us who thought he should be punished could ask for. She also gave him guardrails and set the NFL up to rid themselves of him should he repeat his behavior. Now, in his second (last) chance, he gets to prove himself, one way or the other. I'm good with that.

Now I can support the team and watch RDW play without feeling like I shouldn't or without feeling complicit due to a game. At this point, I have nothing for RDW but disgust, maybe that will change, maybe not, but I can hold my head up as a fan now and that is important to me. And finally, it's now established that rapey and predator ARE IN FACT accurate words to describe his past behavior. So there is that too look forward to reminding Vers of every Sunday. This all makes me a happy camper at this point. Go Browns!

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/02/22 03:26 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Daryl Ruiter
@RuiterWrongFAN
It seems there are 2 daily consistencies at #Browns camp - AJ Green breaks up a pass & Michael Woods II makes a play
https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/1554539346300108800

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend

I read another report where they said Jordon Elliot batted the pass.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: Versatile Dog, GMdawg
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
"In the previous two practices, we’ve seen rookie kicker Cade York come in against light pressure and nail six kicks in each session, going a perfect 12-for-12 combined. His longest kick on Saturday came from about 48 yards and on Monday, 51. Both looked like they would have been good from about 60, easy."

Yo. Kicker-dude. Miss a couple now while it doesn't matter!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: mgh888
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by versatile dog
Given our QB situation.........it really sucks that we have so many WRs not practicing. This is the time to develop some chemistry given our circumstances.
I thought NFL chemistry took/takes about 2-3 or more years to develop, therefore training camp would be pretty meaningless as a time to develop chemistry. Plus, they can't simulate game action until they experience it together.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
No, that is not true. Chemistry can be improved during camps. Without a doubt.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
No, that is not true. Chemistry can be improved during camps. Without a doubt.

I think chemistry can be achieved/improved in a variety of ways. As odd as it may seem, I think chemistry is easier to achieve/improve when the FO and Coaching staffs have some continuity and common view of what the team should be - on and off the filed...in season and off season. Maybe the chemistry of the team starts with the chemistry of the coaches and FO. Something(s) we have generally lacked STR.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
You can check out the link for thirty plus photos.

Training Camp Observations: Day 6

The Browns strapped the pads Tuesday for the first time in training camp
Aug 02, 2022 at 06:09 PM

Anthony Poisal
Staff Writer

Observations
The Browns' 2022 training camp schedule hit an important benchmark Tuesday — the pads came on for the first time in camp, and the intensity ramped up.

While players still weren't allowed to tackle, it was still good to see a few shoulders lowered and some battles in the trenches. Padded practices normally give a much clearer picture on who's standing out in training camp, and we got the first of several good looks at certain players Tuesday.

Here's what happened on the field from Day 6 in Berea.

Photos: Training Camp Day 6
Check out photos of players and coaches working throughout camp

– It's become the norm the last few years to see Myles Garrett beginning the padded portion of training camp at an explosive level. Garrett was all over the backfield again Tuesday and sniffed out a few would-be sacks, the first of which he followed with a playful yell to let everyone know he did his job. As a reminder: Garrett is four sacks away from breaking the franchise all-time sack record of 62 sacks from Clay Matthews.

– Overall, it appeared to be a good day for the defense. They shut down a few run plays and gave fits at times on pass plays. One two-play sequence as an example of that during 7-on-7 drills was when QB Deshaun Watson scrambled to his right on two consecutive plays and found no one open. The first one led to a celebratory fist raise from defensive coordinator Joe Woods, and the second one led to Watson begrudgingly spiking the ball into the grass.

– The offense, however, is missing a few key weapons. WR Amari Cooper did not practice Tuesday and was on the sidelines. Head coach Kevin Stefanski said Cooper "will be back pretty soon." Anthony Schwartz (knee), David Bell (foot) and Javon Wims (illness) also did not practice.

– With several receivers out, Donovan Peoples-Jones has continued a smooth start to camp and has caught nearly everything thrown his way so far. Michael Woods II has benefitted from the additional receiver reps as well. On one play Tuesday, Woods caught a pass near the sideline before turning the other direction and sprinting upfield for what would've been a pickup of at least 20 yards.

– We've mentioned Jakeem Grant and his speed quite a few times in these training camp observations because it really has been noticeable. Grant caught a pass and sprinted for another nice gain Tuesday, and even though defenders weren't allowed to tackle him, he still looked shifty and quick. He's had about one play per practice that has showcased his speed, which has made him a dangerous returner in the league and should allow him to be used effectively as a gadget player in the offense.

– OT Jack Conklin was activated from the active/PUP list Monday but was not in pads Tuesday. Stefanski said on Monday that Conklin will be working back to speed after spending the offseason recovering from a season-ending knee injury.

– DT Tommy Togiai joined Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney as defensive linemen who have swatted balls at the line of scrimmage since the defense began taking reps against the offense. Togiai has continued to play with Perrion Winfrey on the second-team.

– LB Willie Harvey Jr. had two consecutive nice plays that drew some yells from Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah on the sidelines. Harvey snuffed out a run play for a would-be tackle for a loss, then burst through the line of scrimmage for a sack. Owusu-Koramoah was not in the play but ran onto the field to celebrate with Harvey after the sack.

– CB Parnell Motley has also been off to a nice start in camp. He had two pass breakups on Saturday and had another Tuesday.

– P Corey Bojorquez missed his second straight practice with a right foot injury.

– Former Browns tackle and 10-time Pro Bowler Joe Thomas gave lessons after practice to the offensive linemen for the second consecutive day. Thomas spent a few minutes individually with each tackle and then spent roughly 20 minutes working exclusively with Jedrick Wills Jr.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/training-camp-observations-day-6

Legend
Legend
I’m encouraged by what I’ve read about Woods (the WR not the DC haha). He may be earning a roster spot

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yeah, it seems he is taking advantage of his increased opportunities.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

1 member likes this: Swish
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Michael Woods is a kid to watch.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
USFL’s Chris Odom an Intriguing Option at Edge Rusher for Packers

by Paul Bretl1 month ago Follow @Paul_Bretl

The Green Bay Packers have an opening on the 53-man roster, and while many are focused on the wide receiver position, edge rusher remains a big need for the team as well.

Beyond Rashan Gary and Preston Smith, there are a lot of unknowns at this position. Jonathan Garvin and Tipa Galeai both saw their fair share of playing time a season ago, but the Packers need a more consistent impact from whoever ends up as the third and four edge rushers this season.

Randy Ramsey will be returning, and GM Brian Gutekunst expressed that the team is “excited” to have him back; however, Ramsey has only 75 career defensive snaps. Rookie Kingsley Enagbare could provide a boost on passing situations, but there’s a risk in relying heavily on a Day 3 pick right away.

Others competing for playing time and a roster spot on the Packers include UDFA Chauncey Manac, Kobe Jones, and La’Darius Hamilton.
As we saw just last summer when the Green Bay Packers signed both De’Vondre Campbell and Dennis Kelly after June 1st, there are still impact players available in free agency. Some of whom at the edge rusher position include Justin Houston and Jason Pierre-Paul, among others.

However, an under-the-radar name out there is Chris Odom, who isn’t even in the NFL at this moment. Instead, Odom just finished competing with the Houston Gamblers of the USFL.

If Odom’s name sounds familiar, it’s because he spent time with Green Bay in 2017. Odom went undrafted that year out of Arkansas State, and in addition to the Packers, he has spent time with Atlanta and Washington as well as played in both the CFL and the American Alliance Football League.

According to PFF ($$), at the NFL level, Odom has been on the field for 106 defensive snaps — none since 2019 — along with 56 on special teams and appeared in 11 games. He has logged two sacks and four pressures during that span.

During the inaugural USFL season, the 6’4” – 256-pound Odom was downright dominant, recording 41 total tackles, six forced fumbles, and 12 sacks. He was also recently named the USFL’s Defensive Player of the Year.

“Chris Odom of the Houston Gamblers deserves a chance to be a rotational pass rusher in the NFL in ’22,” said Eric Eager of PFF. “He has 50 pressures so far this year, while no other player has more than 38. He wins 25% of pass-rushing reps, which is the highest mark in the league.”

Without a doubt, NFL teams will be interested in signing Odom prior to training camp starting up, and the Green Bay Packers should be one of those teams, given the reasons mentioned above.

While, of course, there is no guarantee that he finds any success in the NFL, at a minimum, the 27-year-old Odom would provide some added competition at edge rusher where the Packers could certainly use it—and the upside is that I do think he would have a legitimate chance of making the final roster with three spots up for grabs.

NEXT: 7 Former Packers Draft Picks Fighting for a Roster Spot
Whatever the reason may be, Odom has unlocked a new level to his game. For a Packers team with an open roster spot and a need at edge rusher—not to mention that signing Odom isn’t going to break the bank either, Green Bay should be willing to take a flyer on the USFL’s Defensive Player of the Year.

https://dairylandexpress.com/2022/06/23/usfls-chris-odom-intriguing-option-edge-rusher-packers/

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
"Rookie kicker Cade York made his first 17 attempts in field goal drills before missing the last try Friday. He was wide right from 58 yards."

Way to go kicker-dude! Miss a few now while they don't count!

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
These WR injuries are a concern because we are trying to get multiple qbs ready and now is the time to develop some chemistry between the two positions.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by FATE
"Rookie kicker Cade York made his first 17 attempts in field goal drills before missing the last try Friday. He was wide right from 58 yards."

Way to go kicker-dude! Miss a few now while they don't count!

And I don't really count misses from 58 yards as "real" misses. Those are maybe even past the coin flip miss range. I also heard Jimmy D reporting that the kick hit the upright, at the very top of the upright where the wind flag is attached. He said it looked to have the distance to be good from 65 yards.

I wanted him before the draft and said I would take him with one of our 4th rounders. At this point I have seen or heard nothing to disappoint. The cautionary note is training camp kicks don't mean anything unless the kicker is missing kicks right and left. For now it looks good, but it has to carry over to the season. The good thing is kicking is pretty straight forward. Either you are making kicks or you aren't. I have also read that he and a select few have been going down to the stadium on a regular basis to kick towards the Pound as part of the practice routine to experience wind conditions down on the lake.

I am not all that worried about game conditions. He kicked in the SEC which is one big stadium after another. Big crowds, some for some against. It's not like he hasn't kicked in front of 60,000 or more crazed fans before. No doubt the pucker up factor increases just as it increased from Friday night to Saturday night kicks. Now he has to do it on Sundays. I expect he will. Just do what you do.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
He's got a great leg. When you're 55's are good from 65, you don't have to be quite as concerned withing "aiming" or what a decent wind may do to your trajectory.

Glad we drafted him... have to stick with him... probably through a few ups and downs.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The league should outlaw kicks over 59 yards. It's the spirit of the game /rules.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
It's early days but Cade might be one of the most important draft picks we've made in years. Good lord - when did Phil Dawson retire and how many games have we lamented not finding his replacement? How many games have we lost due to missed kicks?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
The league should outlaw kicks over 59 yards. It's the spirit of the game /rules.

Legend
Legend
Well at least our kicker problem seems to be fixed at this juncture

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
That's not good.

Legend
Legend
Not the bell cow / approaching the end of a contract / lost season... we'll start seeing a bit more of this soon, imo.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I don't think so. I think the reports of the team having an upbeat attitude and the vibe being better are true. I'm sure the NFL's quest to punish Watson due to media/public pressure is a downer, but we still have a good team. I feel confident in DJ if we trade Hunt. I just like Hunt a lot as a back because he is so versatile and plays w/such passion. Not sure where he thinks he can get more money? RBs are not paid like some other positions.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 08/06/22 05:29 PM.
Legend
Legend
D'ernest should have held out for more money.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Hush! LOL

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Training Camp: 2022

Link Copied to Clipboard