Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
This is from today's practice. I'm just going to put up the link because there are a bunch of videos. Nice to see Bell coming back and better news on the WRs. Now is the time to develop some chemistry.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...actice-live-updates-from-aug-6-2022.html

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, this situation is all the media/publics fault. tsktsk

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Here's Bell. Very smooth receiver.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

Legend
Legend
Hunt wants an extension or a trade.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ontract-not-participating-in-team-drills

They drafted Ford and have D'Ernest. Felton has been moved to the slot.

He wants to stay but he wants to be paid. Kareem is a hellava player. He is 27. We have qb questions. JB will start at minimum six games. Most likely 12 games or maybe the whole season. Hunt is a versatile player who can run and catch. We know what he is and what he can do.

His contract is $1,350,000 base $4.9 roster. He will be UFA next year.

It makes sense to trade him. Will they? I don't know. We could use him this year and let him walk. Trade him or, sign him.

Hunt could help a bunch of teams. How much would he help us this year? Is it worth signing him? Not when you have D'Ernest and Ford.

We shall see.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
Hunt wants an extension or a trade.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ontract-not-participating-in-team-drills

They drafted Ford and have D'Ernest. Felton has been moved to the slot.

He wants to stay but he wants to be paid. Kareem is a hellava player. He is 27. We have qb questions. JB will start at minimum six games. Most likely 12 games or maybe the whole season. Hunt is a versatile player who can run and catch. We know what he is and what he can do.

His contract is $1,350,000 base $4.9 roster. He will be UFA next year.

It makes sense to trade him. Will they? I don't know. We could use him this year and let him walk. Trade him or, sign him.

Hunt could help a bunch of teams. How much would he help us this year? Is it worth signing him? Not when you have D'Ernest and Ford.

We shall see.

For my money I would rather trade Hunt. I don't know what we could get, but am thinking a 4th. If a team loses a back, probably more. Being down a 1st, having extra picks is important. Either to just draft another player or package in some sort of trade up. Put the money in to DJ.

A guy to watch that might make trading Hunt or DJ more possible is John Kelly. The guy looked really good last year in camp. If he keeps playing like that, and I saw or heard a early report that he was, it might make a trade more possible.

We are really deep at running back. It makes no sense to cut somebody if we have the chance to trade another player. I suspect before camp is over that will indeed happen.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Remember when you told me that you're not hanging around just to start crap even though you're not a Browns fan anymore, you said part of the reason was because of the friends you have here. I don't think I've seen you have a friendly interaction since you said that.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
5 members like this: oobernoober, FL_Dawg, FrankZ
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by jfanent

Remember when you told me that you're not hanging around just to start crap even though you're not a Browns fan anymore, you said part of the reason was because of the friends you have here. I don't think I've seen you have a friendly interaction since you said that.

Boom.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
Hunt is probably gone now. Just gotta find a team to give us that mid round pick.

I hope D Johnson is able to fill in the pass game for Hunt

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Ugh. And the Cleveland Curse continues.
Did Hunt not see what happens with Le’Veon Bell and so many other RBs?
He’s coming off a down/injury year and gonna make $5M+ For being a 2nd string RB on a team that gave him a chance when nobody else would.

I just don’t get it. I’m not gonna tell a person what to do with his body, career or money but this just seems downright stupid unless I’m missing something.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

I wonder if he has even made a football post since then? All I have seen are posts that trash Watson, trash the Browns, and trash Browns fans on this board. That's what trolls do.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Nice play by Newsome. Who is the receiver? Sloppy route.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 08/07/22 07:47 AM.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Njoku is a physical freak.

Legend
Legend
A football discussion:

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Hope they are right about Delpit. I saw flashes, but I also saw some concerns. The Ed Reed and Shaun Taylor comparison is pretty crazy.

Legend
Legend
Last season was his rookie year for all practical purposes.

I think they were referencing Delpit comparisons to when he was in college. "If" that player comes to play this season then that changes things.

Phillips has been getting buzz. That is a good thing. Reports are he has remade his body. JOK diet. Phillips has looked faster and more reactive.

I have seen him make some good plays where you think mmm this guy can move. The issue has been health and playing time. You have to play to get better.
Phillips will be an important guy to watch in camp. He is quicker than Walker but to this point he doesn't know enough to stay on the field.

Their base is 4-2-5. If Phillips can play similar to JOK in space where he can be counted on in run support and coverage. That is huge because it allows you to play with three safety's or three corners. We have depth at both positions.

The defense has potential that kind of gets me juiced. I need something because I am not feeling great about this season.

Not just wins. This entire dark cloud. A really good defense can be exciting.

I still have concerns about the DL interior. But the rest of the defense can be special.

Legend
Legend
Delpit showed some good things last year, especially when he blitzed. Hopefully his work on the back end improves.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P

I said I won't be rooting against the Browns because I have many friends who are life long Browns fans. You, Lamp and Vers can get off of your tirade now. Just because your memory of what I posted sucks is no excuse for the Boys Club to act like thugs.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I wonder if he has even made a football post since then? All I have seen are posts that trash Watson, trash the Browns, and trash Browns fans on this board. That's what trolls do.

They make excuses for and downplay sexual predators. Acting like anyone that sticks up for their women victims are trolls. You sir fit the description.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Pdawg

A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH!

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nice play by Newsome. Who is the receiver? Sloppy route.

#84 J. Bradley

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Thanks.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

What a legend.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
That's awesome!

Legend
Legend
I was at camp today. My quick hits:

It was HOT today. I sweated so bad just sitting there that I looked like I had peed myself when I stood up to leave.
Complimentary bottles of water for everyone was a lifesaver.
The brisket sandwich is the best deal going for $8.... good brisket w/ onion rings and slaw on it, with a bag of chips.

As for the football stuff:

Because of being in the east stands and where the various groups worked, I mostly saw the DLine, LBs, and DB's during positional drills. There wasn't much to take away from the LBs and DBs except that JOK looks noticeably smaller than the rest of the guys, but holy smokes is that dude a fast-twitch machine!
DLine: Perrion Winfrey looks like an absolute freak. He might be one of the few people that can stand next to Myles and look normal-sized. During a lateral movement drill, Myles went full-on Matrix and looked like Neo dodging bullets with the way he bent as he changed directions. Winfrey looked more like Lady Liberty, lol.... but his straight line attack was insanely impressive and he was one of the few guys that had a left-handed hand slap during the Weeble Wobble drills that didn't look soft. Logan, #63, also looked quick and strong with both his right and left hands in that drill.

Offense: was generally pretty underwhelming, but everyone was in shorts today, so there isn't much to take away. In most of the drills that I saw, the WRs did not do a good job of getting separation and generally looked very, very unremarkable today, even in 7-on-7's. I think we're going to be relying heavily on the run game early on this year.
Hunt took at least one ball in 11-on-11's.

Brissett does not throw a pretty ball, at all. The one TE that Dobbs connected with was surprisingly big and fast. I have no idea who he is, however.... but, he kinda stood out a bit by making that one catch look easy.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

7 members like this: CapCity Dawg, Ballpeen, Rishuz
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Good info. Thanks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

It was HOT today. I sweated so bad just sitting there that I looked like I had peed myself when I stood up to leave.
The brisket sandwich is the best deal going for $8.... good brisket w/ onion rings and slaw on it, with a bag of chips.

Because of being in the east stands and where the various groups worked, I mostly saw the DLine, LBs, and DB's during positional drills. There wasn't much to take away from the LBs and DBs except that JOK looks noticeably smaller than the rest of the guys, but holy smokes is that dude a fast-twitch machine!
DLine: Perrion Winfrey looks like an absolute freak. He might be one of the few people that can stand next to Myles and look normal-sized. During a lateral movement drill, Myles went full-on Matrix and looked like Neo dodging bullets with the way he bent as he changed directions. Winfrey looked more like Lady Liberty, lol.... but his straight line attack was insanely impressive and he was one of the few guys that had a left-handed hand slap during the Weeble Wobble drills that didn't look soft. Logan, #63, also looked quick and strong with both his right and left hands in that drill.

Offense: was generally pretty underwhelming, but everyone was in shorts today, so there isn't much to take away. In most of the drills that I saw, the WRs did not do a good job of getting separation and generally looked very, very unremarkable today, even in 7-on-7's. I think we're going to be relying heavily on the run game early on this year.

Brissett does not throw a pretty ball, at all. The one TE that Dobbs connected with was surprisingly big and fast. I have no idea who he is, however.... but, he kinda stood out a bit by making that one catch look easy.

#81 TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden Florida Atlantic ... A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH! Keeps making plays .

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I sweated so bad just sitting there that I "looked like I had peed myself" when I stood up to leave.

Are you sure you just looked like you pee'd yourself? ooo

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
As far as you know, yes laugh

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Thanks Purp … love the camp observations

Good point about JOK … he is much smaller than other LBs. He’s such a unique player

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Good point about JOK … he is much smaller than other LBs. He’s such a unique player
Yeah, he is more like a saftey. Almost a hybrid LB.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

#81 TE Zaire Mitchell-Paden Florida Atlantic ... A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH! Keeps making plays .

The college basketball player right?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Thanks for the football content.

So little on this Board hard to find anything about football.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg

The college basketball player right?

Silva is our basketball-turned-TE prospect...easy to mix up as we have (3) hyphenated-name TEs on the roster today.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

Yeah, he is more like a saftey. Almost a hybrid LB.
I remember seeing him for the first time when we played Baltimore and he jumped off the screen. He’s such a difference maker

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I went to.camp. The Browns front office has to be concerned about the WR group.
I dont see anything special about the group as a whole.
Schwartz continues to underwhelm which is no surprise

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Training Camp: 2022

Link Copied to Clipboard