Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by BADdog
Originally Posted by Swish
will this finally make the conservatives start the civil war like they keep threatening? or are we still LARPing

thats funny
Originally Posted by BADdog
will this finally make the conservatives start the civil war like they keep threatening? or are we still LARPing

thats funny

I know all about LRRP ...I don't know what LARP means

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Live Action Role Play

Like the gravy militias.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Violent rhetoric circulates on the pro-Trump internet following FBI search, including from a Jan. 6 rioter

“Lock and load,” was one of the top comments on an online forum dedicated to former President Donald Trump on Monday night, soon after it emerged his Florida Mar-a-Lago resort had been searched by the FBI.

Other posts were more explicit, “I’m just going to say it. [Attorney General Merrick] Garland needs to be assassinated. Simple as that.” Another user posted, “kill all feds.”

Users also encouraged others to post the address of the judge they believe signed off on the search warrant. “I see a rope around his neck,” a comment under a picture of the judge read.

On the same forum, researchers previously found talk of violence and discussion on how to attack police officers in the weeks leading up to the January 6, 2021, attack.

Amid the users on the forum Monday night was a convicted US Capitol rioter.

One reply to the top-rated “lock and load” post came from an account with the username bananaguard62 and asked “Are we not in a cold civil war at this point?”

By combing through bananaguard62’s posts, Advance Democracy, a non-partisan, non-profit organization that conducts public-interest investigations, identified Tyler Welsh Slaeker as running the account.

Slaeker was charged by the Justice Department last summer in connection with the January 6 attack. Slaeker’s in-laws tipped off the FBI about his presence at the Capitol, according to court filings, making him one of the many January 6 rioters who were turned in by family members.

He was initially charged with four nonviolent misdemeanors, and pleaded guilty in June to one count of entering a restricted building. His sentencing is scheduled for November.

NBC News was first to report Advance Democracy’s findings on Slaeker. His attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

It can be difficult to distinguish between empty and serious threats of violence online, but it cannot be ignored, said Daniel J. Jones, a former US Senate investigator who led the investigation into the CIA’s use of torture and now runs Advance Democracy, a non-partisan, non-profit organization that conducts public-interest investigations.

“We are seeing conspiratorial rhetoric from elected officials, political leaders, and political entertainers that is fueling calls for real-world violence,” Jones said. “The conspiratorial and divisive rhetoric – from elected officials and others who should know better – is continuing to undermine our institutions and democracy at an alarming rate.”

A congressional security official told CNN shortly after news of the search warrant broke Monday night, US Capitol Police began discussions about monitoring and planning for potential violent rhetoric.

Of particular concern is the possibility violence could be directed at members of Congress or other federal law enforcement, the security official said.

The Capitol Police declined to comment on security plans.

One post CNN found called for violence against FBI agents. The FBI declined to comment on the post or wider security concerns due to violent rhetoric.

After the January 6 attack, alternative social media platforms became more popular among Trump supporters after companies like Facebook and Twitter banned Trump and some other prominent figures who spread election conspiracy theories.

Those platforms, like Trump’s own Truth Social site, tout themselves as bastions of free speech, with looser rules and moderation. But that can result in the proliferation of violent rhetoric. CNN reported in June how threats against members of the January 6 House select committee circulated on those platforms.

But talk of violence isn’t exclusive to the more fringe platforms.

There was a surge in tweets Monday mentioning “civil war” – at some points more than one tweet a second, according to a CNN review of data from Dataminr, a service that tracks Twitter activity. While some mentions of “civil war” came from Trump critics expressing fear what his supporters might do – one researcher posted multiple screenshots of Twitter accounts outright calling for civil war.

Jones, whose group Advance Democracy has been tracking online threats since the FBI raid on Monday, said political leaders posting on their main social media accounts are stoking more violent rhetoric.

“The attack on the Capitol on January 6th showed that we can’t ignore calls for political violence online – no matter how fringe the theories are behind those calls for violence,” Jones said.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/09/politics/violent-rhetoric-pro-trump-internet-fbi-search/index.html

these people are morons

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trump Made It A Felony To Mishandle Classified Documents In 2018
Sara Boboltz
Wed, August 10, 2022, 1:21 PM·1 min read

Few details have been made public as to why, exactly, the FBI and Department of Justice felt the urgent need to raid former president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort on Monday.

Reports indicate Trump had been holding onto materials that were supposed to have been turned over to the National Archives. But officials have not commented on what was contained in those records ― and whether there are implications for U.S. national security.

The lack of information leaves only speculation about what sort of potential criminal activity the Department of Justice is looking into.

Oddly enough, one of the multiple laws covering the mishandling of government information is one that Trump himself amended during his tenure in the Oval Office, as pointed out by Tennessee state Sen. Jeff Yarbro (D) on Twitter.

Tucked into a bill Trump signed into law in January 2018 was a provision increasing the punishment for knowingly removing classified materials with the intent to retain them at an “unauthorized location.”

Previously, someone found guilty of this crime could face up to one year in prison. When former CIA Director David Petraeus was charged in 2015 with mishandling classified data, he pleaded guilty under this statute to avoid a felony charge, as Politico pointed out. A similar situation unfolded a decade earlier, when former national security adviser Samuel Berger pleaded guilty to removing terrorism-related materials from the National Archives in 2005.

Now, a person convicted of violating this law can face up to five years in prison ― making it a felony-level offense to mishandle classified documents under 18 U.S.C. 1924.

Could 2018 Trump have unknowingly put 2022 Trump in a tough spot?

We don’t yet know.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-made-felony-mishandle-classified-172104317.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
well, I can't wait to see what happens.

he should go to jail if they have proof he took classified information.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Here’s the thing. A sitting president has the right to declassify anything he or she chooses. I’m not saying he did this, just that he could have.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by Shing14
And guess what I’m not going anywhere because this isn’t a a radical liberal Nazi forum.

No... it's a Cleveland Browns forum. Probably even more extreme.

To Clem's point, every once in a while there comes along a "new" poster with a very familiar posting style. Each time, it takes about a week or two of arguing with just about everyone and that person is no longer posting. You came along at about the usual time to restart that cycle, so the assumption is that we have the same situation here. We're just trying to speed up this part of the cycle.

Come on…you have to like the fact he said “radical liberal Nazi.” I mean, that ranks up there with the all time great oxymorons.

Like saying “I consider myself a rather conservative communist”

Or something like “Good-looking OldColdDawg”

wink

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Jester
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
just to remind everyone: the current FBI director was appointed by trump.

So?

If you think showing up at a former Presidents home with guns in hand is the way to do this, I can't help you.

This is 2 bit nation crap.

You're stopping short of the real point to be made here. This has never been done before, and stuff coming out now sounds like it has been in the works for a while (since at least January). Biden didn't emerge from his fog of dementia and say "you know who I haven't heard from lately? That Trump fella... we should give him the 'Cornpop treatment'".

You’re killing me, man. I read that last line and started laughing so hard I woke my wife up. It’s your fault.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Pdawg
Here’s the thing. A sitting president has the right to declassify anything he or she chooses. I’m not saying he did this, just that he could have.

To be honest, Donald Trump doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to pull a chess move like that. His lifelong reputation as an impulsive, instinctive counter-puncher makes it highly unlikely that he thought that far ahead. But that's really not the point, at this particular moment. The real point is simple: he took official US government documents that didn't belong to him, and stored them in an unsecured location. At this particular moment, he is no longer a sitting POTUS, so he is now a private citizen in possession of material that he isn't lawfully allowed to have.

This isn't complicated, and it doesn't require arcane lawyerly arguments about the breadth and scope of Presidential privilege. A private citizen was in possession of property that lawfully belongs to We The People. That's why the rule is on the books. We made the rule after Richard Nixon tried his "Tricky Dick" s# back in the '70's.

From the start of his presidency, I told everybody that his biggest problem would always be that he'd insist on running his presidency in the same fashion that he's always run his private enterprises... and as a result, he'd always have legal and ethical troubles because of it. Ummmm... did I call it in 2017, or what?

Now, that same energy is following him 1.5 years after he left 1600 Penn.
Because he can't help himself.

Look at his life history... those 4 years he spent in DC were lived exactly like he's lived every day of his adult life: slippery, shady, loose with rules, and always just a half- step ahead of The Law.

Some people are already saying that this FBI search warrant is purely political in nature. My Occam's Razor cuts a much shorter path. I think it's more a case of 'chickens coming home to roost'- all at once. This man is facing potential prosecution on at least 3 legal fronts simultaneously. Years ago, I told my Dawgtalkers' friend 40YEARSWAITING that DT was too corrupt to avoid ethics trouble, too venal to separate his money from his job, and too stupid to avoid impeachment. Still batting 1.000. Hit the base-clearing home run on that impeachment thing, didn't I? wink

He should have kept his ego in check. He should have never run for public office. If he'd not risen to Barack Obama's public mockery of him at the Press Corps dinner, he'd have been able to continue his life of grift and usury, staying just 1/2 step ahead of The Law, and insulated from the kind of scrutiny this impulsiveness has earned him. The minute he took office, he became a civil servant... beholding to public account before us all.

Ever since, his life has been a steadily-opening book of many revealing pages.
Like I said: impulsive, instinctive counter-puncher. Now experiencing The Law of unintended consequences, indeed.
Chickens. Roosting.

Sometimes, the simplest path with the fewest turns really is the correct path to follow. Occam's Razor.
In my opinion, this man's story is one of those.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The President can declassify information.. The President can’t say that box is declassified now load it on the plane.

You got to do the paperwork to declassify anything that has a classification.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
just to remind everyone: the current FBI director was appointed by trump.

So?

If you think showing up at a former Presidents home with guns in hand is the way to do this, I can't help you.

This is 2 bit nation crap.

You're stopping short of the real point to be made here. This has never been done before, and stuff coming out now sounds like it has been in the works for a while (since at least January). Biden didn't emerge from his fog of dementia and say "you know who I haven't heard from lately? That Trump fella... we should give him the 'Cornpop treatment'".

You’re killing me, man. I read that last line and started laughing so hard I woke my wife up. It’s your fault.

Bruh- I lost it, too.
The whole time I was reading it, I was seeing Stephen Colbert with the Ray-Bans....

rofl

oobz: breaking the internet for our fun and amusement.
thumbsup

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: dawglover05
O
Legend
Legend
O
Far-Right Extremists Are Violently Threatening the Trump Search-Warrant Judge

“Let's find out if he has children... where they go to school, where they live... EVERYTHING,” one person wrote on a message board where the judge’s address was posted.

Far-right extremists on pro-Donald Trump message boards and social networks are making violent, antisemitic threats against the judge who reportedly signed the warrant that allowed the FBI to search the former president's Mar-a-Lago property in Florida.

Multiple members of these toxic online communities are even posting what appears to be Judge Bruce Reinhart’s home address, phone numbers, and names of his family members alongside threats of extreme violence.

“This is the piece of [censored] judge who approved FBI’s raid on Mar-a-Lago,” a user wrote on the pro-Trump message board formerly known as TheDonald. “I see a rope around his neck.”

Responding, another user wrote: “Idgaf [I don’t give a [censored]] anymore. Name? Address? Put that [censored] all up on here.” Moments later, a different member replied with what appears to be Reinhart’s current address, phone numbers, previous addresses, and names of possible relatives.

In another post on the same message board, one user commented, “Let's find out if he has children....where they go to school, where they live...EVERYTHING.”

These threats of violence and antisemitic slurs on a range of platforms, including 4chan, Telegram, Gettr, Gab, and Trump’s own platforms called Truth Social, were first uncovered by Advance Democracy, a nonpartisan and nonprofit organization that conducts public-interest investigations.

“The threats against Judge Reinhart in the wake of the Mar-a-Lago raid are significant,” Daniel J. Jones, founder of Advance Democracy, told VICE News. “In addition to the antisemitic and violent slurs, we’re seeing his address and other personal information being shared online—with the implied or explicit purpose of ‘real-life’ action.”

A message board where a number of these threats were posted also happens to be the same one where many of those involved in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot posted threats of violence in the lead-up to Jan. 6.

These threats against the judge, Jones told VICE News, are “all the more alerting given the events of January 6.”

These threats made against Reinhart and his family didn’t occur in a vacuum: Within hours of the FBI searching Trump’s Palm Beach home, the former president’s supporters reacted furiously, calling for civil war and the dismantling of the FBI. As Trump has scrambled to explain why his home was searched, he has also pushed conspiracy theories about the FBI supposedly planting evidence there.

Right-wing news outlets have also tried to connect the judge to convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Reinhart worked as a federal prosecutor until 2008, and a day after he quit, he became the defense attorney for a number of Epstein’s employees, including his pilots and a scheduler, according to his 2018 Miami Herald report. The link between Reinhart and Epstein has been weaponized by Trump supporters to incorrectly imply Reinhart was Epstein’s own lawyer, and, by extension, was corrupt and possibly a pedophile. (A small note in light of these accusations: Trump had a long personal relationship with Epstein, and once famously told New York Magazine that he was a “terrific guy.”)

On fringe message board 4chan, one user posted an image of Reinhart with the caption: “About that Judge that signed the search Warrant…Bruce Reinhart once quit his job as a U.S. Attorney to work for Jeffrey Epstein. Another 4chan user wrote in response: “That is a k***. And a pedophile … He should be tried for treason and executed.”

“The U.S. Marshals are responsible for the protection of the federal judicial process, and we take that responsibility very seriously,” a spokesperson for the U.S. Marshals told VICE News when asked for comment about the threats. “While we do not discuss our specific security measures, we continuously review the measures in place and take appropriate steps to ensure the integrity of the federal judicial process.”

The FBI deferred comment to the U.S. Marshals, and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida told VICE News “the Court has no comment.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy73pk/fbi-warrant-judge-reinhart-doxxed

CPAC's "We're All Domestic Terrorists" rings true again. These people live for this, like jihadists.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/11/22 03:12 AM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Republicans Are Rooting for Civil War

The distrust Trump sowed is bearing bitter fruit.

Executing a valid search warrant, FBI agents arrived in the morning to search the office. The word “unprecedented” was on everyone’s lips. They seized business records, computers, and other documents related to possible crimes. An enraged Donald Trump denounced the FBI and the Justice Department, saying not that they had abided by the warrant issued by a federal judge, but rather that agents had “broken into” the office.

The year was 2018, and Trump was livid about the FBI’s investigation into his longtime attorney/fixer, Michael Cohen.

At the time, many observers, including me, assumed that the investigation would yield bushels of incriminating documents about Trump. Cohen was his personal lawyer, after all, the guy who wrote the hush-money checks to porn stars and presumably had access to many of Trump’s dodgy or downright illegal acts. It didn’t turn out that way. Yes, Cohen was prosecuted and pleaded guilty to eight counts of criminal tax evasion, campaign finance violations (that was the Stormy Daniels piece), and other frauds. But Trump himself? Nothing. He skated while his faithful minion became a guest of the Bureau of Prisons in Otisville, New York. It was soon thereafter that we learned from Cohen that Trump keeps few records, shuns emails, and speaks not in commands but in Mafia-esque insinuations. Trump doesn’t give direct orders, Cohen testified, he “speaks in code and I understand that code.”

So, there may be less than meets the eye in those crates the FBI carted off from Mar-a-Lago on Monday. Or it could be a motherlode of incrimination. We don’t know, we can only speculate. But what is not open to doubt is that the Republican party, which seemed to be flirting with post-Trumpism just a few weeks ago, has now come roaring back as an authoritarian cult. Trump has not changed. But he has changed Republicans.

Consider 2018 again. When the FBI searched Cohen’s office, Trump was Trump. He raged like a banshee. He declared that it was “an attack on our country” and a “disgraceful situation.” He keened that “attorney client privilege is dead” and implied that he might fire then-Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

Some Fox News bobbleheads treated the story as more evidence of a conspiracy to hurt the Dear Leader, but the network in general downplayed the event, devoting less air time to it than either CNN or MSNBC. Clearly that was intended to soothe the Trump partisans in the audience, but it was a far cry from the knee-jerk partisanship we see now.

As for the electeds, well, some Trump flunkies on Capitol Hill were echoing his complaints, but most were keeping silent while prominent Republicans were sending strong signals that firing Mueller would be out of bounds. The prevailing tone in Republican ranks was that the investigations, including Mueller’s, must be permitted to proceed according to the rules. Any interference would be unconscionable. Sen. Chuck Grassley, for example, told the Washington Post that it would be “suicide for the president to . . . talk about firing Mueller.” And Sens. Thom Tillis and Lindsey Graham teamed up with their Democratic colleagues, Sens. Chris Coons and Cory Booker, to propose the Special Counsel Independence and Integrity Act.

That was then. Four years later, the FBI has executed another warrant, this time to Trump’s office, and the Trump troops have leaped into battle mode. Betsy McCaughey, former New York lieutenant governor and New York Post columnist, tweeted, “The FBI is established by federal law. Its powers were increased under the Patriot act. What Congress creates Congress can destroy. When Republicans take back Congress, they should abolish the FBI, shut every field office, fire all staff, and start anew. #Trump #FBI #Newsmax.”

Rep. Paul Gosar was even more eager. “I will support a complete dismantling and elimination of the democrat brown shirts known as the FBI. This is too much for our republic to withstand @charliekirk11 @JackPosobiec @kelliwardaz @KariLake @andybiggs4az @GOPLeader @DonaldJTrumpJr.”

Anthony Sabatini, a Florida state representative and candidate for Congress, was prepared to dismantle the whole federal structure: “It’s time for us in the Florida Legislature to call an emergency legislative session & amend our laws regarding federal agencies. Sever all ties with DOJ immediately. Any FBI agent conducting law enforcement functions outside the purview of our State should be arrested upon sight.” That would go well.

Sen. Josh Hawley tweeted that “At a minimum, Garland must resign or be impeached. The search warrant must be published. [FBI Director] Christoper Wray must be removed. And the FBI reformed top to bottom.”

Trump is free to publish the warrant anytime he wishes. But Hawley presumably learned that at Yale Law School.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene chants, “Defund the FBI.”

Newt Gingrich suggests that the feds might have planted evidence at Mar-a-Lago.

The party that backed the blue and disdained the defund-the-police crowd now flips. Gingrich is channeling Johnnie Cochran. Trump may be an ignoramus and a clod, but he has the capacity to turn people inside out.

Rep. Kevin McCarthy, the likely next speaker of the House, tweeted a threat to the attorney general:

Now, as a substantive matter, McCarthy’s tweet is meaningless. The House of Representatives, along with the Senate, already exercises oversight authority over the Justice Department. The Judiciary Committee asks the attorney general to testify regularly. That’s how the system works. And if McCarthy is truly concerned about “following the facts,” Merrick Garland has nothing to fear. But the importance of the tweet is not its substance but its tone—the call for vengeance. McCarthy displays zero interest in whether Trump actually committed a crime. The clear message is “You’ve gone after our leader so we’re coming for you.” The merits of Garland’s actions are irrelevant. The facts are irrelevant. It’s war.

For some in the wooly precincts of the MAGA right, the call to arms was literal. As Vice reported, some Trumpists were explicit: “‘Civil War 2.0 just kicked off,’ one user wrote on Twitter, with another adding, ‘One step closer to a kinetic civil war.’ Others said they were ready to take part: ‘I already bought my ammo.’” Steve Bannon, who was pardoned for bilking Trump supporters who thought they were building a wall, declared that “This is war” and called the FBI the “Gestapo.”

Trump is a sick soul who cannot imagine a world in which people act on principle or think about the welfare of others. While in power, Trump wanted to use the FBI to punish his political opponents (“Lock her up”) and reward his friends (“Go easy on Michael Flynn”). He projects his own corrupt motives onto others and assumes that the FBI investigation is nothing but a Democratic power grab. It would be pathetic if he had not dragged an entire political party into the fever swamps with him.

This experiment in self-government requires a minimum amount of social trust to succeed. With every tweet that spreads cynicism and lies, with every call to arms that welcomes civil conflict, Trumpist Republicans are poisoning the nation they so ostentatiously claim to love.

https://www.thebulwark.com/republicans-are-rooting-for-civil-war-trump-mar-a-lago/

Since Trump ceded moral authority to the Dems with his crap show in office, blatantly breaking laws, the right has projected what they want to do. I find it humorous that they are threatening to go after political adversaries with witch hunts while crying Trump's legal issues stem from a political witch hunt. YET WE HAVE EVIDENCE WHERE THEY HAVE NONE.

1 member likes this: Jester
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I find it humorous that they are threatening to go after political adversaries with witch hunts while crying Trump's legal issues stem from a political witch hunt. YET WE HAVE EVIDENCE WHERE THEY HAVE NONE.

Quoted your post so it doesn't get lost due to the long article.

Legend
Legend
The poison trump releases has infected this country.

Proud boys are exactly like nazi's. Arnold made that clear. He knows what those groups look like.

It disgusts me.

trump made it clear "go ahead pence deserves it."

"Let them through (the metal detectors) with their guns; they aren't after me."

After all this. It is hard to comprehend him as a candidate.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Imagine how far into people's heads he has to be for them to still support him after all the crap he's been caught red-handed in. And I don't care what anybody says, he's in bed with Putin, if not outright owned by him.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/11/22 07:53 AM.

Legend
Legend
Is he peeing on him?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
The President can declassify information.. The President can’t say that box is declassified now load it on the plane.

You got to do the paperwork to declassify anything that has a classification.

Exactly, you can't just say it's declassified, you have to document it.. my guess is that he didn't. If you can't find the paper trail, it didn't officially happen.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My personal opinion is that claiming the documents are declassified could be risky. I think that he is trying to hide specific documents that either embarrass him, make him look bad, or put him at some legal risk. If he declassifies these documents then someone will certainly make the contents publicly known.

JMO

But if he doesn't want that stuff hidden then why doesn't he show us the warrent that states what they are looking for and why? Why doesn't he share the inventory list if everything they took? He has copies of those things and there is nothing keeping him from making those documents public.

Last edited by Jester; 08/11/22 09:27 AM.

Legend
Legend
Republicans be like….I’m not a fan of Donald Trump, but it’s chilling to realize this can happen to anyone of us after live tweeting 34 consecutive crimes.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Pdawg

The problem here I believe would be he would need to show some proof that they were declassified before he left office. If not that claim could be made at any time with any government documents without any evidence they had actually been declassified while he still had the authority to do so.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

Too early to say if it is connected, obviously.

~Lyuokdea
P
Legend
Legend
P
Of course we will need more details but I don't believe the timing of this is by accident.

Just like the first Civil War when the confederates fired the fist shots on Fort Sumter.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

~Lyuokdea
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
The radical right has been demanding the AG to explain himself. Now when he does he’ll be labeled a traitor no doubt.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Lyuokdea

Another lunatic with an AR is loose. Where are all those good guys with guns?

– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

P
Legend
Legend
P
That seemed rather obvious since they had continued talks all the way through June that we know of and maybe even longer. They also demanded all of the documents much earlier and trump turned over 15 boxes back in February. What he did not do is turn over even close to all of the documents as required by law. The reports I've seen is that there were 12 remaining boxes they removed Monday.

And somehow trump supporters keep claiming exercising a legal subpoena is everything except what it is. Retrieving illegally retained government documents. Trump knows there's evidence that will show his criminal activities among those documents. That's the reason he and his cronies are already setting the stage to claim what they find in those documents were planted. I used to find it would have been impossible to believe people would keep buying his BS. But not anymore.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
donnie dimes maybe doing time.

Get the ball and chain

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Lyuokdea

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Well - that answers that -- appear to be connected.

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
i dont get these dudes making comments like "well if they can do this to a former president, they can do it to you"

By doing this to the Former President, what they are really saying is that nobody is above the law.. and by the way, they have always had the ability to do this to you and I.... ALWAYS.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Orwell's Animal Farm, some Pigs are better than other Pigs....Trump, he's the top pig...a quote from raid article-"The unprecedented search of an ex-president’s residence marked the apex of a fight between Trump and his overt disdain for the Presidential Records Act of 1978 – which mandates preservation of official records – and parties tasked with upholding that law." He's positive he's above the law....time will tell....GOD willing he's jail bound.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well, we knew it was a Trump simp that did it. He's dead now. What a stupid ass thing to die for.

O
Legend
Legend
O

FBI sought nuclear documents in search of Trump's home - Washington P

WASHINGTON, Aug 11 (Reuters) - U.S. federal agents were looking for documents relating to nuclear weapons when they searched former President Donald Trump's home in Florida this week, the Washington Post reported on Thursday.

It was not clear if such documents were recovered, the Post reported.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/fb...-trumps-home-washington-post-2022-08-12/

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/11/22 08:29 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/11/22 09:15 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trump has until Friday afternoon to decide to whether to fight the release of the Mar-a-Lago search warrant. His team is considering challenging the motion, per reports.
Charles R. Davis and Kelsey Vlamis 2 hours ago

Former President Donald Trump could unilaterally release the warrant that federal agents used to search his resort and residence at Mar-a-Lago. But news reports suggest that Trump and his allies are still trying to decide whether or not to fight the Department of Justice's motion to unseal the document — and the list of goods that were confiscated.

At a Thursday afternoon press conference, Attorney General Merrick Garland announced that he was moving to release the search warrant in light of the publicity surrounding the case. The judge who signed off on the warrant has ordered the Department of Justice to confer with Trump's attorneys and inform the court by 3 p.m. on Friday as to whether the former president plans to fight the release.

According to The New York Times, Trump's allies are "discussing the possibility of challenging" the release of the documents and have "contacted outside lawyers" to discuss the matter. CNN reported Thursday evening that the former president and his team "have not yet reached a decision." One source told the outlet Trump's team is considering challenging the motion to unseal the warrant. Both outlets reported that his team is consulting with outside attorneys.

William Jeffress, a lawyer who previously represented former President Richard Nixon, told Insider that he would not object to a client wanting to release the documents on their own, as is Trump's right. But there are mitigating factors, he noted.

"As a defense lawyer, I see no danger that release of the items would hurt his legal defense," Jeffress said. "But it surely might hurt his effort in the media to characterize the search as baseless or abusive."

Details around what led to the raid have been scarce, with many Republican lawmakers demanding an explanation from the Justice Department after the search was carried out and publicized by Trump on Monday. Before Garland's announcement on Thursday, the Justice Department and FBI had offered no comment.

The lack of details fueled accusations by the former president and other Republicans that the raid was politically motivated. The calls for transparency continued even after Garland said he was moving to have the search warrant released.

"What I am looking for is the predicate for the search. Was the information provided to the judge sufficient and necessary to authorize a raid on the former president's home within ninety days of the midterm election?" Sen. Lindsey Graham said in a statement provided to Insider. "I am urging, actually insisting, the DOJ and the FBI lay their cards on the table as to why this course of action was necessary. Until that is done the suspicion will continue to mount."

Garland also suggested Thursday the move to have the warrant released was in part to defend the FBI's actions.

"I will not stand by silently when their integrity is unfairly attacked," he said. "The men and women of the FBI and the Justice Department are dedicated, patriotic public servants."

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...release-mar-a-lago-search-warrant-2022-8

O
Legend
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/11/22 09:32 PM.

2 members like this: oobernoober, Jester
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Now that’s funny

#gmstrong
M
mgh888 Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
They were looking for nuclear documents. Top secret nuclear documents. How and why Trump had them can't possibly be accidental.

Freaking nuclear documents. And somehow people are going to excuse this and continue to claim this is some kind of political Witch Hunt. SMH

Nuclear documents. F me.

Last edited by mgh888; 08/11/22 09:39 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mar-a-Lago Raided by FBI

Link Copied to Clipboard