P
The Keebler Browns.

[Linked Image]
3 members like this: jfanent, Tackman, PrplPplEater
R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't like anything to do with the elf. Ugh.

6 members like this: CapCity Dawg, Cleats, DaveyD
O
Legend
Legend
O
Me either.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Rishuz

Communist.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Ultimately it doesn’t effect me, but I do find the elf embarrassingly weird as a football team mascot. I don’t buy gear though so in the end it doesn’t matter. What little Browns gear I do own I won at the BrownsBacker club when I was going out to see the games. I have Season Ticket now. So my old non elf hats and shirts will do just fine.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

The best 50-yard logo in the NFL.....easily.

Love it.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
M
Legend
Legend
M

Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Rodgers has a record as a punt returner so that’s good.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Looks like he has returned 89 punts in his 5-year career. He's averaged around 9.5 yards for his career. 29 returns last year w/20 being fair caught. 5 career fumbles including 2 last year.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 09/13/22 02:18 PM.
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
After Grant got hurt, we picked up Easop Winston. I don't think he had any preseason playing time as a PR.

Unless Rodgers can somehow break the 53 as a #5 WR, he's not going to be our new PR (imo).

I think we are stuck with Felton for the next couple of games unless Bell gets a shot.

Can't afford to put DPJ back there.

Legend
Legend
There has got to be some short, balding red-heads (with big ears) that find that logo offensive. Stay tuned...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, WSU Willie
M
Legend
Legend
M

The fact Modell hated it and removed it as a logo/mascot not too long after buying the Browns makes me like it even more.

Tackles are tackles.
5 members like this: oobernoober, FrankZ, mgh888
R
Legend
Legend
R

Communist.

The Jets board is currently making fun of us for it right now.

They should have put a big dog face at midfield.

1 member likes this: Southwestdawg
M
Legend
Legend
M

Communist.

A lot of football fans are making fun of the logo...I'm not really concerned. Just glad our helmet isn't there.

Tackles are tackles.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by AZBrown
After Grant got hurt, we picked up Easop Winston. I don't think he had any preseason playing time as a PR.

Unless Rodgers can somehow break the 53 as a #5 WR, he's not going to be our new PR (imo).

I think we are stuck with Felton for the next couple of games unless Bell gets a shot.

Yeah if DPJ were to get injured on a punt return, that would be devastating to our rather shallow WR core.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs

Yeah if DPJ were to get injured on a punt return, that would be devastating to our rather shallow WR core.

I understand what you guys are saying about DPJ, but we don't have a lot of room for error. Like almost every year since our return, we don't have a qb who can elevate the team. We need to play really great around him. The roster has to elevate the qb, like they did in 2020. The difference is that the OL isn't quite up to that year's level. Conklin returning could change that, but we are going to miss Tretter. We can't afford to be turning the ball over by fumbling punts. We need to win the field position battle and grind out victories w/guts and toughness.

Guys like Antonio Brown--in his prime--have returned punts. Hell, I don't even care if DPJ calls a fair catch every freaking time. Just no fumbles that flips the field on us.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
V
Legend
Legend
V

1 member likes this: lampdogg
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I guess other possibilities would be Ford or D'Ernest.

For whatever reason, D'Ernest was inactive game 1, but he did some return duties for us a couple years back. Less than spectacular, but I don't remember any fumbles. Might be wrong. This option seems very unlikely since he would also have to be our RB3 for the game.

Then, what do you do with Ford?

If Felton still looks creepy back there, I say give one of the young guys a chance (Bell or Ford) in the second half.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Communist.

That’s fine. I’m making fun of them for being Jets fans with a dumb team chant
brownie

T
Legend
Legend
T
The ELF LOGO looks Weak.
The Elf Logo also looks effeminate.

The Dude is wearing stocking shoes and a wool hat. IT's a Football logo.
Seriously @uestion how any marketing or ownership group could be so clueless as to push this logo onto the fans.

I don't get paid by the team to have to support their mostly undefendable decisions.

Finally, (for now) If Western Pennsylvania... had carte blanche that they had to design a logo for their rival the Cleveland Browns, and it could be whatever western Pennsylvania wanted, ... but it had to be, at least somewhat not vulgar,

And they were given 20 choices, I think the "ELF" could have made the top I0.

I'm saying if YOUR ENEMY was designing your logo and it was your enemies choice, then Your enemies top ten choices could include the "ELF"
What does it inspire? Humor? Mockery?
And if you want to react with the opinion, of , Aw come on give it a chance, I think that is what a Kindergarten Teacher might say.

It should be a Football LOGO.
Let the Kindergarten Teachers do what they do... Holiday asemblies.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Would have loved to see the Dawg and not an.....Elf.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
If we think Ford can return punts/kicks then we should try it. or DPJ. Felton can’t be the guy moving forward.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Brownie Elf, and Fievel (the animated mouse) from American Tail the movie, I986 and I99I, have Way too much in common in appearance.
The Elf's Belt Buckle looks like a giant shining number ZERO. Man o-sakes. Why?

The ANTI - intimidating logo

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs

I understand what you guys are saying about DPJ, but we don't have a lot of room for error. Like almost every year since our return, we don't have a qb who can elevate the team. We need to play really great around him. The roster has to elevate the qb, like they did in 2020. The difference is that the OL isn't quite up to that year's level. Conklin returning could change that, but we are going to miss Tretter. We can't afford to be turning the ball over by fumbling punts. We need to win the field position battle and grind out victories w/guts and toughness.

Guys like Antonio Brown--in his prime--have returned punts. Hell, I don't even care if DPJ calls a fair catch every freaking time. Just no fumbles that flips the field on us.

Yeah I agree...the return game needs cleaned up, and I'm not sure anyone on the roster is that guy. And I can remember several stars shining as returners (you nailed a good one with Antonio Brown, Pacman Jones comes to mind, and Joey Galloway) From what I remember last year with DPJ, he was rather mediocre too...I can see us shuffling around others practice squads to find someone, espcially if Felton continues to struggle or loose grasp of the ball again.

Legend
Legend
DPJ is not a good returner, but he’s probably better than felton. With felton I feared a turnover every time.

To me, just secure the ball and fair catch it every time. Don’t even try to return it because you can either fumble or have a penalty. The possible 8-10 return yards has never been worth the risk to me

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Ultimately it doesn’t effect me, but I do find the elf embarrassingly weird as a football team mascot. I don’t buy gear though so in the end it doesn’t matter. What little Browns gear I do own I won at the BrownsBacker club when I was going out to see the games. I have Season Ticket now. So my old non elf hats and shirts will do just fine.

You have season tickets now?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I guess other possibilities would be Ford or D'Ernest.

For whatever reason, D'Ernest was inactive game 1, but he did some return duties for us a couple years back. Less than spectacular, but I don't remember any fumbles. Might be wrong. This option seems very unlikely since he would also have to be our RB3 for the game.

Then, what do you do with Ford?

If Felton still looks creepy back there, I say give one of the young guys a chance (Bell or Ford) in the second half.

Maybe. Just because they are running backs doesn't mean they can catch a punt. Also, catching a kickoff is far easier than catching a punt. You don't have near the immediate pressure from the other team, the end over end action is easier to catch than the spiral action on a punt, and punts have much more direction change horizontally through the air then does a kickoff. Kickoffs are more or less aimed in a direction. Punts are aimed but they are also spun in a ditrction.

It just looks to me like the team is trying to justify Feltons position on the team. He is the 4th best back, actually 5th if you count Kelly, and he isn't a wide receiver. He is just a drafted player Berry isn't willing to cut, so the coaching staff has to find something for the guy to do. I'd bet dollars to donuts that Prifer wouldn't stake his job on Felton being his punt returner.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
He's the sixth best if you count Kelly.

Also I'm pretty sure Portland meant DirecTV Sunday Ticket.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree we don't have a good punt returner on the team after Grant's injury. I seem to remember that at least DPJ can catch the ball. Did he fumble when he was back there? Fielding punts is pretty hard for most people. I wasn't good at it. I much preferred returning kicks. Felton has a difficult time tracking the ball. Do you remember the first punt. He misjudged it and came charging up late and made a sliding--almost diving--catch. It was millimeters from being fumbled. On the one he fumbled, he once again misjudged the ball, finally got to it and then dropped it. His body language screamed lack of confidence. We just can't afford mistakes w/our JB at qb.

V
Legend
Legend
V

I agree.

Legend
Legend
j/c...

Felton has returned 37 punts for the Browns and never lost a fumble.

I know it wasn't real pretty Sunday, but I don't think the sky is falling. He's probably the best man for the job right now.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Well Berry addressed the Kicker issue. He tried to address the return issue with Jakeem Grant - I'm surprised between August and now that we didn't go find a replacement for Grant ... it's Nervy watching Felton and you have to believe low cost options might have been available for a year's rental. $30M under the cap ...

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
If we think Ford can return punts/kicks then we should try it. or DPJ. Felton can’t be the guy moving forward.

It looked to me as if they had Ford back there to return kickoffs. But i dont think any if them were returnable

Last edited by Jester; 09/14/22 08:49 AM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
B
Legend
Legend
B
He's the sixth best if you count Kelly.

Indeed...Kelly is the 5th. I counted him but didn't count felton as 6th.

Ok...sunday ticket...i get it.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mgh888
Well Berry addressed the Kicker issue. He tried to address the return issue with Jakeem Grant - I'm surprised between August and now that we didn't go find a replacement for Grant ... it's Nervy watching Felton and you have to believe low cost options might have been available for a year's rental. $30M under the cap ...

I am pretty sure there are a lot of free agents right now that would come cheap and be better than Felton.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Jester

It looked to me as if they had Ford back there to return kickoffs. But i dont think any if them were returnable

He returned one for 29 yards.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Yeah Ford had one return for an above average result (like 28-30 yards IIRC)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Already having an MVP type season.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Yeah Ford had one return for an above average result (like 28-30 yards IIRC)

Really just clicking and not being critical of anybody, but kick-off returns are pretty meaningless because 90% of the kicks are never returned. The NFL doesn't want that because that is where a lot of injuries occurred. Then the ones that are returned are low percentage because those are sky kicks where the coverage unit has that extra second or two to cover. Those are the kicks where it isn't uncommon to see the returner tackled on the 18 yard line.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: AZBrown
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard