Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Maybe our pathetically wimpy looking Keebler brownie is tougher than I thought.

I’m back in!! Go Browns!!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

…kidding. The elf is ridiculous. In a rare moment of agreement with THROW, it’s as though our opponents made the elf our mascot to berate and belittle us.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Wide receivers can get open without blown coverage. Also, what I’m talking about is blown coverages for huge gains like we had against the Panthers. Those an unacceptable.

Exactly. I thought it was self explanatory.

Indeed it was.

Saying blown coverages happen in every NFL game is also self explanatory and true. But never mind that huh? Whether those blown coverages get exploited depends on whether the QB recognizes them and is looking in the direction of those blown coverages. None of this is complicated.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tiny Dancer at a football game? Seriously???

1 member likes this: oobernoober
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I guess Donnie&Marie didn't make the cut.
Elton&elves signifies the new Cleveland,rock&roll died.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
V
Legend
Legend
V
Elton&elves

LOL

V
Legend
Legend
V
Hate to see a great player miss games, but it helps us next week.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Yeah. I feel bad about that. I wish Watt could play against us next Thursday night.

At least Hudson won’t have to block him one on one while our coaching staff is busy with other things.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
The steelers without watt is a different entity. still tough and formidable, but he’s obviously their MVP. I’m curious how their game against the Pats will go.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 09/16/22 08:47 AM.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

Off the leash Miles? Seriously. You got your two sacks in back-to-back whiffs by a rookie LT in the 3rd Qtr...but where were you in the 4th Q when the Panthers were making a 17 point comeback?

How many sacks did you get in Q4? (The answer is ZERO.)

How many tackles-for-loss did you have in Q4? (The answer is...again...ZERO.)

You did have a 4th tackle...I don't remember when/where...I'll assume you made that 4th tackle in Q4. ..whoopty-heaven. Your 3rd tackle was a tackle-for-loss credited when the Panthers fumbled the snap and the QB was laying on the ball.

So to recap your DPOY-like performance...(1) tackle (for loss) when the QB fumbled the snap...(2) tackles (as sacks) when the LT whiffed on back-to-back plays on ONE possession...and a nondescript tackle sometime in the game...with a PFF run grade below the other Browns DLineman who saw any real action - including our believed-to-be-sucky DTs

You wanna see what a DPOY-candidate looks like? Go watch Chris Jones from last night's game...I'd love to see Myles play like THAT. For that matter...just go watch Clowney...his impact is much better than yours...and he'd rather kick your ass than love-tap it.

A rookie Kicker nails a 58 yarder...as time runs out...to save your bacon from the embarrassment of a Q4 comeback loss to your former QB and you yap like that? Oh that's right...you gotta EAT. rolleyes I wish we had a real leader on defense...a true alpha-dawg...instead of guys who talk too damn much.

1 member likes this: Tackman
Legend
Legend
Now your bashing Garrett rofl rolleyes rofl rolleyes

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
3 members like this: Ballpeen, lampdogg, Versatile Dog
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by GMdawg

Actually...I never stopped "bashing" Garrett (if factual presentation of his play is "bashing") as he's been the same guy since he got here - actually more-healthy than when he first got here. I don't think he sucks or is bad...he's just NOT The guy he is portrayed to be...he simply isn't...never has been.

He's not at the same level of play as Chris Jones, TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Bosa x2...he's just not at that DPOY-type level.

I'd LOVE to see him dominate an offense at critical times (or even TIME...with no S) to secure a win or make a big/important/game-changing play/stop...or even just to get off the damn field.

He looks great without a shirt on and is an impressive basketball player though.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

Off the leash Miles? Seriously. You got your two sacks in back-to-back whiffs by a rookie LT in the 3rd Qtr...but where were you in the 4th Q when the Panthers were making a 17 point comeback?

How many sacks did you get in Q4? (The answer is ZERO.)

How many tackles-for-loss did you have in Q4? (The answer is...again...ZERO.)

You did have a 4th tackle...I don't remember when/where...I'll assume you made that 4th tackle in Q4. ..whoopty-heaven. Your 3rd tackle was a tackle-for-loss credited when the Panthers fumbled the snap and the QB was laying on the ball.

So to recap your DPOY-like performance...(1) tackle (for loss) when the QB fumbled the snap...(2) tackles (as sacks) when the LT whiffed on back-to-back plays on ONE possession...and a nondescript tackle sometime in the game...with a PFF run grade below the other Browns DLineman who saw any real action - including our believed-to-be-sucky DTs

You wanna see what a DPOY-candidate looks like? Go watch Chris Jones from last night's game...I'd love to see Myles play like THAT. For that matter...just go watch Clowney...his impact is much better than yours...and he'd rather kick your ass than love-tap it.

A rookie Kicker nails a 58 yarder...as time runs out...to save your bacon from the embarrassment of a Q4 comeback loss to your former QB and you yap like that? Oh that's right...you gotta EAT. rolleyes I wish we had a real leader on defense...a true alpha-dawg...instead of guys who talk too damn much.

He's trolling with a tweet from Sept 11th .... he just can't keep the Baker Hate out of the forum.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Garrett has improved though IMO. There could be a case that he wasn’t a great player when his career started, but he’s improved against the run, is more disciplined, and has made some game changing plays in his career.

I will agree: I think Watt and Donald are better players and more game changing, but Garrett is near the top of the NFL in my mind

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
This is either a parody or the worst post ever.

1 member likes this: jfanent
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I'm not about to criticize Myles for his performance, even if it was against a 21 yr old rookie playing in his first regular season game.

That said, I'm not about to criticize a fellow DTer who is telling the truth about the level of competition Myles was playing against to get his 2 sacks.

Those who seem to have a problem with the 'truth'...you do have a problem.

It's not like the NFL is going to make MG give those sacks back...lol...so don't worry.

After all, it was pointed out by many that TJ Watt's huge day against the Browns last Jan 3, 2022 came as Watt was going against the Browns rookie RT, Hudson. The sacks still counted, but the truth did add a bit of clarity to Watt's accomplishment.

Last edited by mac; 09/16/22 11:16 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

And yet you - and others - offer ZERO to refute my points.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Say hey Willie- here's one who challenges your comments from the peanut gallery- LIKE all us posters- Head Coach KS says Myles is a game changer, check it on Youtube. Plus, ALL his teammates KNOW he's game changer. Lastly, YOU list who you'd spend most time planning against the BROWN defense----ugh, if you have a brain, you'd spend lots of time on who---Myles G......Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
C
Legend
Legend
C

And yet you - and others - offer ZERO to refute my points.

Don’t argue with a fool. . .

C
Legend
Legend
C

Winfrey is going to “fudge” around and find out, isn’t he?

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

I believe this is the second time this goofball has been disciplined.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The WIN is all that matters. How you get there is irrelevant. A Carolina WIN would have set Baker off... 5 sacks in the 4th quarter would have been meaningless if the Browns LOST the game.

You can't see the forest for the trees.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
I still have high hopes for Winfrey, but he may not be able to get out of his own way. I could tell he was one of those "need to stay focused" type players that may have a hard time finding his way when his focus strays.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/n...et-beware-the-browns-broncos-own-blunder

Just posting his 1st thought, click the link for the rest:

he NFL season is a marathon; not a race. You hear me, 49ers fans? Another great slate of games lies ahead of us.

Let's dig in with five thoughts on the league.

1. Did we all overlook the Browns?

I made a little news Monday when I went on "Good Morning Football" and said the national media narrative had been so focused on Deshaun Watson the past six months that prognosticators forgot just how good the Cleveland Browns were at every other position.

Were the Browns overlooked? How does Denver rebound?
Were the Browns overlooked? How does Denver rebound?
In the Week 2 edition of his NFL Cheat Sheet, Peter Schrager discusses whether Cleveland was overlooked and how Broncos coach Nathaniel Hackett has owned his mistake at Seattle.
The Watson conversation — all of it — was uneasy, and thus, the convenient thing to do was to just assume the team wouldn't perform without him on the field. Or, if you're a cynic on this, you'd say the media didn't want to celebrate the Browns after the Watson trade (and subsequent massive contract extension), and thus, treated them like the fourth team in a rather loaded AFC North.

That's awfully dismissive of a team with a perennial Defensive Player of the Year candidate in Myles Garrett, for my dime, the best running back duo in the NFL in Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt, and a young and dynamic cornerback duo of former first-round picks that I'd put up against anyone.

Kevin Stefanski is a recent NFL Coach of the Year winner, and GM Andrew Berry has proven to be a skilled front office executive and evaluator of talent.

On paper, with questions at quarterback or without, Cleveland has a strong roster — especially after making an upgrade at the top wide receiver spot with the Amari Cooper trade — and a core of young players and coaches who've shown they can win in the NFL. Universally, they were slotted for fourth place in the division.

Browns get best of Baker
Browns get best of Baker
Baker Mayfield came up short in his Carolina debut against his former team.
The Browns beat the Panthers on Sunday, escaping a near late-game collapse, with a 58-yard, game-winning kick by rookie kicker Cade York. For 60 minutes, the Browns were dominant on both sides of the ball in the trenches, with a Panthers team that also prides itself on physicality.

And that's what's scary about the Browns this season. They don't necessarily need dynamic play from a QB such as Josh Allen or Justin Herbert. Jacoby Brissett needs to be the best Jacoby Brissett can be, and the defense and punishing style of football Cleveland employs can handle the rest.

Can Jacoby Brissett keep Browns afloat?
Can Jacoby Brissett keep Browns afloat?
Joe Thomas joins Colin Cowherd to discuss the expectations for the Browns while Deshaun Watson is suspended.
I'm kicking myself for being one of the many pundits who left the Browns out of their playoff pictures back in August. I spoke to an opposing NFL head coach Tuesday, and he told me the Browns are "get off the bus scary." What's that mean? "When they walk off the bus, they're big, they're strong, and they go 20 deep like that. They've got a team that wants to beat you up in the trenches. Never easy to play those teams."

The Eagles of the '90s — with Reggie White, Jerome Brown and Randall Cunningham, were "get off the bus scary." The 49ers squads of the early 2010s, with Aldon Smith and Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman, were also in that category.

Watson is coming back at some point. Maybe Week 13. Or Brissett wins enough games and has the Browns rolling, and Cleveland pushes the Watson era to 2023.

Either way, the Browns face the Jets at home on Sunday and could very well start the year 2-0. I'd expect plenty more wins than that.

They're big, strong, well-coached and, oh yeah, they're overlooked.

If you don't want to "root" for the Browns, that's fine. But they're not going to be a bad football team.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Myles is a great player. He just had the highest PFF score in the league against Carolina. Him and Watt were neck and neck in last year's PFF rankings and were again in their preseason predictors. The players voted him the league's 11th best overall player. He has been in the Pro-Bowl three times and was a first team All Pro twice. He received a perfect score in Madden and before anyone scoffs, the players take that grade very seriously. He was the Browns Man of the Year. Teams regularly double team. He has the respect of football people across the league. He is about to break our all-time sack record. The only ones trashing him are spiteful Baker fans, including one who said that Baker was the best qb in the NFL since Joe Montana.

V
Legend
Legend
V
This is pretty cool.

Not sure why that isn't showing up. It was Brian Baldinger saying Amari might be the best route runner in the league and showing a couple examples. I'll provide the link down below if you want to check it out.

https://twitter.com/T_johnson_TJ/status/1570040414794649600?s=20&t=f5Ov7HhGfQ61m9vyr4KewA

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 09/16/22 01:19 PM.
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
5 members like this: CapCity Dawg, jfanent, SuperBrown
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thank you.

1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg
Yikes(?)

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Sounds like Winfrey needs a lot of maturing. It’s pretty rare for a teammate to call out a teammate like that.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Is there any word on what he did wrong?
Did I miss some news?

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
I agree about the clutch plays part with Myles, but you Ioved the last guy who talked too much and didn't perform in the 4th quarter so why the double standard with Myles?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg

Actually...I never stopped "bashing" Garrett (if factual presentation of his play is "bashing") as he's been the same guy since he got here - actually more-healthy than when he first got here. I don't think he sucks or is bad...he's just NOT The guy he is portrayed to be...he simply isn't...never has been.

He's not at the same level of play as Chris Jones, TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Bosa x2...he's just not at that DPOY-type level.

I'd LOVE to see him dominate an offense at critical times (or even TIME...with no S) to secure a win or make a big/important/game-changing play/stop...or even just to get off the damn field.

He looks great without a shirt on and is an impressive basketball player though.
I have no problem bashing players that deserve it, Myles doesn't deserve it. He is one of the best players in the Nfl, yet you still bash him. I swear some of you guys would have bashed Jim Brown and Otto Graham.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Myles Garrett said that the issues that caused Perrion Winfrey to face discipline and be dismissed from practice is something he and other leaders spoke up about and now its in Kevin Stefanski's hands.

"At the end of the day he's got to learn how to be a pro."

#gmSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg
Yikes(?)

Crazy. I wonder what in the hell he did?

P
Legend
Legend
P
The only ones trashing him are spiteful Baker fans, including one who said that Baker was the best qb in the NFL since Joe Montana.

Even when nobody else is talking about Baker, you just can't seem to keep his name out of your mouth. And absolutely nobody is surprised by that. You love to try and stir the pot then you and a few of your minions blame everyone else for what you start. You're hilarious.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard