Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz
Stefanski isn't improving. He's getting worse and worse.
All those receivers that were running around open that Baker couldn't find... it seems JB can't find them either.

He has gone from competent QB who moved the ball effectively, relied on the running game, and scored points... to holding the ball too long, being indecisive, throwing into coverage.

It's almost like... oh, nevermind.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
They are who we thought they were. (Herm Edwards)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'd be down for Gruden. I'd love playing the role of the bad boy in the NFL.

Our team could be like the 2nd coming of the Raiders. Heck yeah. Not these soft coaches and players.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Seems like the Browns haven't recovered from the Jets game. The team looks uninspired, unmotivated, and can't wait for the season to end already. That is on Stefanski!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Its simple, this whole staff. top to bottom, needs replaced. Rebuild. Get rid of all players that would garner a pick, draft your QB of the future.. oh wait, we've done that like 9 times since 99. But seriously though.. this staff is the worst staff we've had collectively. Stefanski is a joke.. I can't see how anyone defends that clown..He wouldn't even have a job if it wasn't for Kubiak. Remember we could have had Sean McDermott. Staff should have been replaced this offseason. Look at the Giants right now.. Brian freaking Daboll.. Been amazing everywhere except here...tells me more about our personnel than it does him. Berry shouldn't be building teams and Depo needs to get as far away from this team as possible. Analytics work in moderation, they shouldn't be the basis of what makes all your decisions. The players mostly all suck, but the more telling sign is theres not growth from any of them.. Biggest thing that needs to happen is this needs to stop being a football town and start supporting a team like the Guardians who have one of the best run teams in any sport but lack fan support to be able to spend money like they need to. When all we had was the tribe after we lost the team was some of the best sporting moments this town has ever had.. Whens the last time the Browns had a feel good story. This team doesn't deserve the support they get.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Throw tons of money at Sean Payton!

2 members like this: Jester, Hammer
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
All those receivers that were running around open that Baker couldn't find... it seems JB can't find them either.
That made me laugh.
sorry.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Analytics only exists so you don't have to think.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Cade was 3/3...

High point.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Stefanski isn't improving. He's getting worse and worse.

He has gone from competent QB who moved the ball effectively, relied on the running game, and scored points... to holding the ball too long, being indecisive, throwing into coverage.

It's almost like... oh, nevermind.

Watson has a chance. But a WR being "open" when you pause a screenshot doesn't prove much. What was the play design, where was he supposed to be and if he's the 4th read and he's open 3 seconds after the snap but running into coverage - the QB isn't going to see him no matter what or who. But the Offense and Brissett hasn't - overall - been the issue this year, it is the Defense. Just putrid.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Analytics only exists so you don't have to think.

exactly, get rid of stefanski and just have Madden 23 fired up on the sideline calling Plays. Can't be any worse than the TE end around

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Sean Payton.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I feel like this season will now turn into the ones we know too well: players loafing around, uninspired, letting things snowball, and losing games by 3 TDs

The defense has been doing this since week 1.

And what has Stefanski done about it...absolutely nothing.

The defense plays exactly like a defense devoid of leadership would...uninspired. Without care. No give a damn. If the head coach won't take interest in their side of the ball why should they.

2 members like this: Floquinho, Dawg Citizen
L
Legend
Legend
L
I remember when Gregg Williams took over HC, the change in everything was stark, they were disciplined, played hard and the whole team seemed to be on the same page. Not saying he's who I want, I'm just saying a good coach can bring it all together and beta personalities like Stefanski try not to stir the pot. Thats not a good quality for a HC, five me Tom Coughlin style any day

3 members like this: FATE, Rishuz, mgh888
Legend
Legend
"We battled." Apparently not all of us. Our secondary was MIA. We certainly did nothing to slow their receivers down off the line or to disrupt their routes. Made a rookie arm look primo. We need some better players; these seem broken. I expect a number of them to leave at their first opportunity. JB is getting worse; locking in, staring down, seems afraid to throw, and he is late. Thank goodness we are abandoning the run AND dialing up deep passes he can underthrow late. This was a disgusting loss. He is also missing or ignoring some open routes. JB hurt us badly today, but so did a bunch of others. Coaches Ski and Woods have some serious work to do. Open up the roster again.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Agree 100%.

Bailey Zappe threw for over 300 yds against Stefanski's team.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Cade was 3/3...

High point.
Browns get all of their sacks it seems on 2nd down. Give up the first on the next play.

He made a FG down I8 points to pull within I5, so ...

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Browns get all of their sacks it seems on 2nd down. Give up the first on the next play.

This is so true.

Legend
Legend
JB just doesn't read the field fast enough, which is why his throws are so late. he's reading the defense accurately, but since it's not quick enough, his passes are constantly short and behind his receivers. and he's doing his best Baker mayfield impression by running into sacks. he's doesn't have the arm talent to confidently throw it into tight windows, but now that he's missing on the easier throws as well.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is so funny; people act like this has just started to happen to Stefanski this year. He's coaching exactly the same way he did with the Vikings, in 2020, and 2021. The only difference is people don't have Mayfield to blame now. Bill B. completely outcoached Stefanski and the Browns let a rookie QB torch them for over 300 yards. Gave up over 100 yards rushing to the Pats and the Browns run offense was shut down. Ya think teams aren't going to be watching the film on this game? Going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better with our schedule coming up and Stefanski in charge. I've been trying to tell people for over 2-years now about Stefanski and endured the constant negative posts for it - do you believe me now?

Last edited by steve0255; 10/16/22 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
2 members like this: WSU Willie, Tackman
Legend
Legend
i cant even be mad a stefanski. dude is calling great games, but right now if teams force JB to throw, its gonna be a tough day.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
He has more responsibility than just calling games. He's the freaking HC, not the OC!

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
i agree with that.

but i dunno what he can do about the DL. there just isn't much talent there besides Garrett. Clowney can't be relied on because he's always injured. right now our biggest issue on defense is the fact that we have no control over the LoS. we can't stop the run, can't get much pressure, can't set the edge. the offensive game plan is literally "double garrett and do whatever".

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
Glad I left a little early.

The only thing good about this loss was with the fans leaving early you got to avoid the Zombie Walk.

You know, that packed walk up W3rd, shoulder to shoulder, your steps are as much side to side as they are forward, everybody staring at the street a foot or two in front of them, all with a blank stare on their face.

This game was pretty bad.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Milk Man
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Swish
i cant even be mad a stefanski. dude is calling great games, but right now if teams force JB to throw, its gonna be a tough day.

No doubt.

Belicheck is considered a genius on defense and a great head coach. If he wants to shut down the run, he will shut down the run. Having had Jacoby, he is aware of his deficiencies throwing the ball, so this game shaped up as a big problem.

We tried multiple deep shots to try to loosen up the run game. It didn't work.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Cleveland and Detroit are probably the 2 toughest teams to be fans of. No matter the players, coaches, FO it's the same crap and losing every year. Why even bother anymore?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by Swish

No doubt.

Belicheck is considered a genius on defense and a great head coach. If he wants to shut down the run, he will shut down the run. Having had Jacoby, he is aware of his deficiencies throwing the ball, so this game shaped up as a big problem.

We tried multiple deep shots to try to loosen up the run game. It didn't work.

Great coaches do great things with little talent. The Browns have way more talent than the Patriots but have vastly inferior coaching, hence 38-15.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
1 member likes this: boofers20
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Just like always, the Browns lose to a team they should beat, and the steelers beat a team they shouldn't Nothing ever changes. And to think, guys on this defense were talking about being a top five defense. Paper tigers. I would have these guys going live all practice, just to see who would show the effort. They are soft, if I was them, I would be ashamed. Small fast LBs who can't tackle. Overhyped back seven, who at this point are putrid. Buffalo will score 50 points against this defense. Lamar is going to have 100+ rushing. And God knows what Brady will do to them. Brissett is a back-up for a reason.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Cleveland and Detroit are probably the 2 toughest teams to be fans of. No matter the players, coaches, FO it's the same crap and losing every year. Why even bother anymore?

This.

I'm close to not even bothering anymore. Took a first step today. Missed the first half due to other commitments and instead of starting the game from the beginning I just turned it on where it was live. Incremental steps to not watching at all.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
It's not just the players that are soft, it's the coaches.

Stefanski refuses to play Chubb, the best RB in the NFL, during crunch time.

It's so freaking dumb.

Get a real coach in here.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog

This.

I'm close to not even bothering anymore. Took a first step today. Missed the first half due to other commitments and instead of starting the game from the beginning I just turned it on where it was live. Incremental steps to not watching at all.

Exactly me today as well. Got home (and although we recorded it) I just started watching live. With about 5 minutes left wife came into the garage and simply said "You're still watching this crap?"

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The QB sneak we tried was pathetic. You have 2 tough runners in Chub and Hunt and you try a sneak. That was a big play that went against us. And what about when we pulled to within 9 and went for the 2 points. Wouldn't it have been better to kick the extra point to get within a one score game? I'm glad I don't get to watch this stuff every wek.

R
Rishuz Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
R
Yes the 2 pt was tried one possession too early. Super moronic. I'm sure his analytics told him to do it. Like I said analytics means no thinking.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Right Rishuz. Just use good old fashion football sense. Is that too hard? If we can see it why can't they? I knew we were going to lose this game. Said as much a couple of times this past week. I just can't bet against us!

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 10/16/22 07:50 PM.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Where's Bonefish at. He said this was a playoff team

A
Legend
Legend
A
I've notice one other poster that is absent as well.

1 member likes this: FATE
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Last weekend I decided to get work done that I needed to instead of wasting 3 hours and getting upset. I'm glad I made the same decision this weekend, I can always watch the train wreck on the highlight reels. Sad there is so much talent on this team to be this bad, it's not worth watching anymore. I understand we don't have a starting calibur QB but why abandon the run so quickly? and to give up 38 points to a back up QB?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

It's so freaking dumb.

Is it me or does Chubb rarely play the 3rd Quarter? Also, have to be the absolute worst team in the NFL in the 2nd half of games. Embarrassing.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DaveyD

It's so freaking dumb.

Is it me or does Chubb rarely play the 3rd Quarter? Also, have to be the absolute worst team in the NFL in the 2nd half of games. Embarrassing.

No that was when we had baker we are much better now naughtydevil

Joe Thomas #73
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted by leadtheway
I remember when Gregg Williams took over HC, the change in everything was stark, they were disciplined, played hard and the whole team seemed to be on the same page. Not saying he's who I want, I'm just saying a good coach can bring it all together and beta personalities like Stefanski try not to stir the pot. Thats not a good quality for a HC, five me Tom Coughlin style any day

Say what you will about Eric Mangini, but according to NFL stats we were the least penalized team for the 2 seasons he was coach.

My preference right now would be to bring Tony Dungy out of retirement, I think his style would put us over the top

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 15 Patriots 38 Post Game Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard