Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Having intelligent conversation is not grandstanding.

grandstanding
/ˈɡran(d)ˌstandiNG/
nounDEROGATORY
the action of behaving in a showy or ostentatious manner in an attempt to attract favorable attention from spectators or the media.

Sounds like that fits you to a tee. Quit whining, we'll converse wherever we see fit. Most threads on this (and any) board are derailed post after post. We choose to peel back layers of the political onion; you just want to throw onions.

Get a job, I'm sure they miss u @ work.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: FrankZ, dawglover05
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Lol anything but the topic. I get it.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Trying to get back to that substantive reply I mentioned earlier:

I definitely won't dispute the part about people wanting this to be a Trump minion. That subconscious inclination definitely exists. It's akin to schadenfreude. We saw stuff like that happen with the Jackson water crisis too.

As far as the media aspect goes, and in line with my own predilections have gone recently in terms of where my focus is, I had an epiphany when contemplating a lot of these political discussions. I'm a work in progress, as we all are, although I assume the "a-hole" thing you mentioned was toward the general "you" and not to me, although I've been guilty of that association from time to time wink

Despite being an admitted work in process, I think one thing Pit and I have in common is that we will disagree with calling out BS when we see it. Sometimes in doing so, I have realized that I have been wr...wro...wrrrrrr...not 100% correct. laugh

Per our discussion, I do think that I have been more adamant in calling out far right extremism, and those firmly entrenched on the right side than I have those on the left. I do find that somewhat odd myself, because I'm a person who is generally, on the issues, more conservative leaning than I am liberal leaning. In reality, my leaning on the issues typically follows what I think makes the most sense, and that can change depending on where we are currently in society.

I think why I have taken on my more recent stances is two-fold: 1) For the reasons I mentioned before in believing that the rise in far-right extremism is our “dire straits” for the current time being and 2) Because I think there is more of an onus now than ever before for people to “call out their own.” This goes beyond what you are mentioning where you call out everything and places more emphasis on reality checking those in our own camps. Oh, by the way, it’s not easy to do.

Going along with your media points, when you look at almost any major 24 hour cable news network, you don’t see news, you see a “whip.” None of those programs, from Carlson to Maddow, and anything in between, are aimed at informing the populace. None. First, they are there to get ratings and $$$$, but secondly, they are there to reinforce their entrenched viewers to keep believing the same things and parroting the same propaganda. I’d have to imagine very little – if any - of what they are geared toward is trying to lay out an objective case to actually attempt to change minds.
What I have experienced in real life, is akin to what is happening on the board. You will have those who will repeat something over and over again without giving any consideration to the points being made by those on the “radical left” or the “fascist right.” What is also predictable is the hypocrisy and lack of consistency. Take the classified material example, for instance. I guarantee you that the vast majority of people who were up in arms at Clinton’s classified material blunders said little to nothing given Trump’s current situation, and vice versa. There is that bias in our head – that you talked about – wanting the bad things that happened to be associated with a certain side. But, I’ll take it a step further. When something bad happens to “your” side, the subconscious notion is that it’s too much, and we refuse to acknowledge it, avoid it altogether, or make up excuses about why it’s different. That childish “Thanks Y’all” thread that happened a few months ago was a perfect example.

So, this creates a dynamic where both sides hurl slander at each other into perpetuity, with nobody’s mind being changed. That’s where I have been trying to change the game, and I have probably overplayed my hand to the point of failure now. But to give you a scenario, many in my family are far right to borderline extreme right. If they were to parrot their point, and someone like OCD were to come along and call them out for it, he would be summarily dismissed as “just another lib.” However, when I try to check their propaganda with my own counter-thoughts and/or objectivity and empathy to the other side, I will receive a visceral reaction, oftentimes, but you can tell that the wheels in the brain are still turning and there is at least some thought process going on in their brains, vs 100% anger and dismissal. One example of that was on this board when that Columbus cop shot that young woman who was about to stab someone else. The OP in that thread was rather liberal-minded. If he had only been called out by those on the board with a conservative mindset, it would have gone nowhere. However, he was called out by another poster who has a rather progressive mindset. While it didn’t receive an “Oh, I’m wrong” reaction, I think it led to a much better conclusion than the prior example.

That is why I believe it has become so important for us to check ourselves and our own thought processes, and those who typically align with ourselves, vs trying to call out BS that we see from “the other side.” If anything, when it comes to the other side, I try to find people who differ from me, but have taken a rational listening approach so that we can share ideas and grow, as was the original intention. That has become harder and harder to do today, but it’s not completely lost yet, and still even happens on this board from time to time.

I think a lot of this fuels my advocacy on here lately.

Quoted so PS has to use his scroll hand while drying his eyes with his other.

It's hard bro. It's really the whole COVID era that had me second guessing a lot within myself, particularly how I handle my "feelings" when interacting with others on controversial issues. Online, but more than that -- in real life. In short, our family (meaning my wife's very close-knit family) ran the entire spectrum. From hide in your house, bleach your mail, quarantine from your kids and spray Lysol on the lid of your Dunkin' -- to lick doorknobs and make sure all your friends know they're putting a chip in the vaccine. A lot of strife, as the matriarch and patriarch were placed in the middle; and even they were at opposite ends of the spectrum within their marriage!

I played the middle and tried to keep peace... until we got to the point where the "holier than thou" started driving the narrative... with my wife's mom and dad being the pawns. When the b.s. got personal, I was done with the "sit down and shut up" that was at my wife's request. I decided then, that in life, I was done with that whole charade. After a long conversation with my wife (tears in her eyes after her brother cancels last Christmas... on Christmas Eve... because I'm not vaccinated... even though they all just got COVID at a freaking concert ), I finished breaking her heart and let her know that it was "no mas".

Tired of the "aural majority" driving narrative with their megaphones while the real majority rolls their eyes and sits on their hands. At this point, I feel like it's almost a civic duty to speak up. As far as my wife and her family -- that meant committing to being tactful, respectful, and being able to look in the mirror rather than always trying to be "right" on every issue, she definitely deserves that much.

I say all this because it's been very eye-opening. Being willing to bite my lip, as a way of life, shed a lot of light onto just how much of a smart-ass know-it-all I can tend to be. Stepping back and being more restrained, while still being true to what I believe, has taught me a lot about myself and actually improved a few interpersonal relationships... namely with my youngest son, who is miles apart from me politically.

I've tried my best to do the same here; as the world -- it's politics and vitriol -- has gotten even worse. The way I see it now, it's all of us that stand in the middle on most issues that have great opportunity right now. We cast that aside, sometimes in the name of mere sanity in a #$%#ed up world. But that's a lame excuse for sitting here and letting the fringe scream bloody murder in an effort to have us all "take up sides".

I'm far from a finished product, and I still question a lot of the "rules", but I'm trying to be open-minded and learn and grow. One example is as follows: "I didn't hear you complaining about blah, blah, blah when Trump was in office"... I think to myself "So I can't say anything about Biden because I didn't complain enough about Trump??" I put enough thought into that to realize two things, I can't change the past, but I can do something different in the present before that, too, becomes the past. That led me to try (not always easy laugh ) to do my best to point out good things that Biden does. To be honest. Not suppress my true feelings because they don't fit the narrative when I'm "on a side" of any given issue.

I'd add to what you said politically, but I think you hit the nail squarely on it's head... and Spiral's scroll finger is probably bleeding at this point. I'll say this though... because it's the most profound part of your message. We need to start to call out our own. I'm going to make that more of a mission. I do it under my breath everyday, and in my household, but probably not enough here. It's hard to expect people to see you as "fair and balanced" when you're constantly calling out one side. I will also state the obvious though; with these libs, it's like taking candy from a baby.

I think there are quite a few of us here that have done a lot better than we have in the past, and we definitely see much more of an effort to at least try. Hopefully that holds true in this forum and in real life. Maybe that's actually one of the positives of a pandemic pushing us to the edge? Who knows. But let's be honest... we're our only hope... and the constant playground b.s. they're selling us as a way of life... almost as if it's a means to an end... will get us nowhere.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Ya know......I've had covid twice. First time was worse, but not bad. Daughter has had it twice - and she was at home both times. Wife has never had it, OR, if she did, she was asymptomatic.

We've all had covid vaccines when we were 'allowed'.

I got the flu vaccine about 2 weeks ago.

I have friends that get every vaccine known to man, and I have friends that don't get any and post about deaths "due" to the vaccine. (covid vaccine, that is)

Politics? I don't post here much anymore. A couple of loudmouths berate anyone that doesn't obey. Posting crap, while conveniently ignoring their side/their guy does and continues to do the exact thing they rail against. Conveniently, the lies aren't on the ms media. But, just going to youtube and hearing Biden, in his own words, on video, lie day after day............yet it doesn't get talked about on here. (he now claims he spoke with the person that invented insulin - although that person died a year before Biden was even born....)

Yeah, so with the libby's taking over the paulus politucs - and beating down those that disagree, hey, so be it. Reality is out there for those that want to find it.

Worst part is, each 'side' does exactly what they claim to hate when the other side does it.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I hear the President talking about it taking time to count votes. We need patience to get the results. Why?

My thinking is it takes time to cheat.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
As for the thread....lets see the police video. We won't...the cover-up is in place...

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I hear the President talking about it taking time to count votes. We need patience to get the results. Why?

My thinking is it takes time to cheat.

and your proof of cheating is?

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As for the thread....lets see the police video. We won't...the cover-up is in place...
cover up of what? yopu really think they are going to show a video of him being attacked? would that be a sorta training video for magas

Joe Thomas #73
A
Legend
Legend
A
Too many weird things going on. Time will tell. (didn't pelosi have a kid with him when he got busted for drunk driving? What ever happened with that, anyway?)

Too many different stories going on with this latest episode.

The Pelosi's have more money than common sense. Why wasn't the alarm on?
I've heard there was a call for a safety check. In a city, those get treated like.....uh, later. Now, maybe it WAS Paul himself that called.

Door broken in, or door broken out?

Both in underwear, or not?

Dude goes into Paul's bedroom. Then they walk out, down to the main floor, chatting.

Cops show up, and watch as the 'bad' guy starts hammering on Pauls head, at which time they bust in (opening the broken glass door that had no alarm) and stop the guy.

Skull fracture for Paul, but a day later he's doing just fine. First time I've ever heard of that.

Just as with his dui, I doubt we'll hear the TRUTH about this issue as well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[Linked Image from downloadhdwallpapers.in]

A
Legend
Legend
A
Break in caught on camera: https://news.yahoo.com/pelosi-home-break-caught-security-223515293.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall But, no video shown.

Hey, if it's on camera, show it. Period. Yet, I mean......nothing?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-detail-unlikely-anyone-break-unnoticed/

Glass........on the OUTSIDE of the door?

Proving this is as easy as the 'leaks' about what happened. Show the video. Don't give us leaks about what the press wants us to know. (how does the press get the detailed 'story' from depape anyway?) Show the video.

But, at least Paul, after being smashed in the head with a hammer and being out for 3-5 minutes, needing a skull fracture surgery, was able to relay the details. Somehow the press got that...........from a hospital bed? But yet, no video, even though we're told there's video, but we can't see the video, cause even though there's video, that's evidence, but we can't see evidence on video. We have to take the word of the knocked out skull fracture repair needing 'victim' who was interviewed in the hospital?

Legend
Legend
Left and Right are wrong about Paul Pelosi attacks

Neither side has a satisfactory explanation for David DePape's attack

Last week, 82-year-old Paul Pelosi was attacked in his San Francisco home by David DePape, a local man identified in the San Francisco Chronicle a decade earlier as a “hemp jewellery maker” who lived with a nudist activist. Pelosi, the husband of Speaker of the United States House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi and a businessman with a fortune estimated at $120 million, suffered serious injuries. He had been struggling with DePape for control of a hammer when police — admitted to the residence by an unidentified third party — rushed in and subdued the assailant, who had allegedly been shouting “Where’s Nancy?” during the attack.

Admittedly, these verified details are certain to provoke additional questions. Other unverified details, including the since-retracted claim by KTVU-TV that DePape was wearing only his underwear when police arrived, have further stoked curiosity, with some suggesting that Pelosi was also in his underwear. This narrative, which calls to mind Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum being found in a Miami Beach hotel room while one of the other two men with him was overdosing on meth, seems to fit a particular script: decadent elites engaging in lurid and depraved antics.

Others have framed it to suit their own ideology. The mainstream media appears to have settled on the just-so story of Right-wing radicalization, pointing to recent blogs and Facebook posts suggesting that DePape was motivated to act by concerns about Covid-19 vaccines, the “Great Reset,” or QAnon.” Right-wing commentator Ann Coulter threw cold water on theories about DePape being Pelosi’s gay lover or drug dealer, instead emphasizing that he was a drug user whose psychotic attack was motivated by marijuana — the dangers of excessive THC in marijuana possibly leading to psychosis having been a recent Right-wing talking point. Meanwhile, Twitter’s new owner Elon Musk was forced to delete tweets linking to an article that suggested that the personal life of Paul Pelosi somehow played a role.

San Fransicko author Michael Shellenberger, who has spent time among the city’s growing homeless population, offered perhaps the fullest portrait of DePape. Shellenberger noted that DePape’s politics consisted of bizarre theories from both sides of the political spectrum — he spoke to angels and claimed “Jesus is the anti-Christ” — and that he was frequently homeless and likely using drugs stronger than marijuana. DePape was an obsessive video game player in his youth in British Columbia before cycling through a variety of sexual partners and living arrangements as he made his way to San Francisco. It was alleged that he even abused his stepsons and stepdaughter during a relationship that ended in 2014.

In the end, the simplest explanation regarding DePape’s presence in the Pelosi household might be that he was a mentally ill person, as an increasing percentage of the city’s homeless are. Despite the rising crime that has affected San Francisco in recent years, Paul Pelosi’s house is neither barricaded nor protected with a large security detail. That DePape, like so many other transients with violent thoughts and lengthy track records of troubled behaviours, might have wandered inside intending to cause serious harm is — if nothing else — an indictment of the society that could offer no remedy for his mental illness.

That said, an explanation like this isn’t going to satisfy people who see DePape as a critical link in whatever narrative suits their partisan needs, whether it be an attack on “MAGA terrorism” or the dangers of marijuana — much less a more elaborate, QAnon-style conspiracy theory about elite deviance.

There are one or two details about how DePape and the police gained entrance to the home that, perhaps merely for privacy reasons, have not yet been resolved, and such gaps in the story will ensure that questioning continues, particularly for those of a conspiratorial bent. Having been silenced in the mainstream media as well as on social media platforms like Twitter, such conspiracy-minded individuals have likely reached a point at which anything might seem true, except for what they’re being told.

As elites and thought leaders lean into conventional explanations, the ideologically disenfranchised will believe whatever feels true to them. Meanwhile, David DePape — like former Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords’ assailant Jared Lee Loughner, would-be Reagan assassin John Hinckley, and other mentally ill individuals who have committed violent crimes — is in no position to speak for himself.

https://unherd.com/thepost/tribalism-is-fuelling-the-paul-pelosi-conspiracies/

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
... and this is why I wait until the full story comes out.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Roll eyes. The story is about a dude who got worked up about Nancy (a right-winger), broke into their house, and attacked Mr. Pelosi. Pretty damn cut and dry if you ask me. And of course, he's mentally ill, all Trump supporters (AT THIS POINT) are mentally ill.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
AND all mentally ill people are Trump supporters.

Gay lover, schmay glover; if you guys can't see this is all Trump's fault (oh wait, Spiral says it's only 99% Trump's fault... and he's the expert), I don't know what to tell you!

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Roll eyes. The story is about a dude who got worked up about Nancy (a right-winger), broke into their house, and attacked Mr. Pelosi. Pretty damn cut and dry if you ask me. And of course, he's mentally ill, all Trump supporters (AT THIS POINT) are mentally ill.

well, it sounds like we need to wait to get the rest of the info. When the story first broke, no one knew the attacker person was homeless, mentally ill, and has behavior issues.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
The world we live it.

Looks like the Dems are taking this crime seriously. Maybe it's a starting point.

That is the most crazy thing You've ever said.

After Scalise was shot, Nancy stood up and said an attack against one of us is an attack against all of us.

What do the asshats on the right do now? Tell me Peen... How friggin dumb are the likes of Green and Boebart and the others that thought it was funny that an 82 year old man was attacked in his own home by someone like this guy who clearly has a political agenda.

But today, The right has these agendas.. Left is all wrong, right is all right... You are smart enough to know that nobody has all the perfect answers.. You won't admit it, but you know it's true.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Man, that was an excellent post. I agree wholeheartedly. I am in the exact same boat. There's a whole lot I need to polish about my own beliefs. It's hard to have to bite our tongues all the time, and I think it's time for the level-headed people to be more vocal in the majority role, because, at the end of the day, it's so much easier to just stay silent and enable people - especially "our own" - to think that their conduct is okay, or justified.

And it gets ugly sometimes, too. Look at this situation. I personally think Nancy Pelosi is a pretty despicable person and a root cause for a lot of the problems we have in our country. On one hand, unrelated to the situation with her husband, obviously, I think she needs to be called out for her garbage.

Now, that being said, how the hell many on the far right - some running for office mind you - are making light or jokes of the situation is beyond sickening. That's not everyone, though. There are some with more level heads that can reach across the aisle and at least provide a basic condemnation and a "hope he's okay" kind of thing. The other stuff though is the kind of stuff that needs to be called out. It's akin to the schadenfreude that happened with the whole Jackson, MS water situation.

Last edited by dawglover05; 11/03/22 09:13 AM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Right wing conspiracy theories have you sucked in again.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Everybody’s wrong, except trump and those that tote his line. Oh btw, glass falls on both sides of glass door after broken. You know glass keeps breaking and falling after the initial blunt force break. But enjoy your conspiracy theory handed to ya’ll with no proof from a TV personality. rofl Anything to direct away from the obvious. Right wingnut was radicalized plain and simple.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
More bs? Love it.

Then this.

I personally think Nancy Pelosi is a pretty despicable person and a root cause for a lot of the problems we have in our country. On one hand, unrelated to the situation with her husband, obviously, I think she needs to be called out for her garbage.

Seems she was by this radicalized right wing nut. Hope you’re happy. GOPer’s pfft.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 11/03/22 01:53 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's very easy to see that the remaining glass in the door frame is leaning towards the inside of the home and was broken from the outside inward. All anyone needs to do is look at a clear picture or video of the scene. I guess a video would be best because they would be just crazy enough to claim a picture was doctored. All one needs to do is watch this video from about the 18 to 26 second marks to see the glass was broken from the outside.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-pelosi-attack-break-in-caught-on-security-camera/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yep, GOPer...that's exactly my reputation on this board.

I honestly can't even tell what you meant by that last sentence. If you were able to comprehend what I had been saying, you would realize that I was speaking of Pelosi outside the current situation, but why go by that when you can pull out a snippet to fit with your troll narrative.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
rofl resorting to insults. rofl typical GOPer tactic. Pffft.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
What I noticed is that you not only pointed out Nancy Pelosi but also Mitch McConnell as being huge problems. While we don't always agree on everything I think you've been quite balanced in your approach. But then again I'm far more moderate than some on both extremes. For all I know maybe Spiral thinks that makes me part of the problem too. Hell I don't know.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
GOPers can’t handle facts that don’t meet up with trumps narrative.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess the disconnect here is I see a huge cavern between a Republican and a trumpian. Trump's narrative is a lie that the glass was broken from the inside out. I haven't really seen 05 following or repeating any of trump's narratives. I do see how there are posters which I would agree deserve your ire. I just don't see 05 as one of them.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I only see DL calling out democrats. He’s sitting on the red side of the fence. You seem to be on the fence also, but on the blue. You own it DL doesn’t.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
That seems off because he has posted his political leanings and seems to own where he stands. I think when you attack moderate Republicans you're hurting your own cause. But you do you.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yep it’s not helping on the fence either.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 11/03/22 02:33 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks man. He clearly isn't paying attention to the entirety of my posts if that's what he thinks, but that's not unheard of in these parts, so I don't want to just single him out here.

I once, a while ago now, considered myself Republican, but that ceased around 2008 with the "too big to fail" bailouts. There may be only just a couple people in each party who I can stand behind. As you know from our countless conversations, I think too many in Washington are far gone in the current climate.

As far as Pelosi goes, I obviously think she's part of the problem in DC, but I would never want to see what happened to her husband happen to anyone, and that's just basic humanity, I think. Rather than focusing on that aspect, however, I think there are many who want to think that this is a conspiracy because - at their core - they despise her, and that's horrifically wrong.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral

I understand that anything that deals with moderation is considered a negative by both extremes. That doesn't bother me. Usually if it upsets both extremes it makes me feel better about my position.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone see kari lake get a laugh with her crew about Pelosis lack of security?. Now she is saying the video has been altered and it is fake media.
What scum in that party.

Joe Thomas #73
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I hadn't seen that yet. Terrible if true. Not really beneath her, though. Pretty much right on par.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

I understand that anything that deals with moderation is considered a negative by both extremes. That doesn't bother me. Usually if it upsets both extremes it makes me feel better about my position.

What I am curious about is what he has done that is "helping."

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I hadn't seen that yet. Terrible if true. Not really beneath her, though. Pretty much right on par.

There is a guy behind her chuckling like Bradshaw. That would take some serious editing skills to fake. She is scum

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
I appreciate the explanation but I think you wasted your effort by explaining it to me. For anyone who has bothered to read your posts and look at the context of them in their entirety, they know you're not a fan of either side and that your political way of thinking has evolved over time. You've made that more than obvious for anyone who has been paying attention.

It was also obvious that you were speaking about Nancy Pelosi in the political sense which had nothing to do with this incident.

The only place we may disagree about this incident is that I feel this, as well as people packing guns in political gear at polling stations, the attempted kidnapping of Michigan's governor Whitmer and Jan. 6th is very much created by the rhetoric, lies and vitriol that was not initiated in totality by trump. but was ramped up, legitimized and amplified by him. It's created a very dangerous situation in our country. And yes, I understand in the case of the Pelosi attack the man had mental issues. But feeding the mentally ill a message that their country is being stolen from them and they must fight to save it is feeding them into taking such actions.

I never imagined I would see much of the Republican party evolve into this and even many who haven't staying silent about it.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
P
Legend
Legend
P

I posted a video of it on one of these threads. Sometimes replies such as that fit into different threads. Hard to choose which one to post them in. For me it wasn't so much what she said as the laughter of the crowd showing she was not alone in her thoughts on the matter. I'll see if I can find it and repost it in this thread.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well said. I don't disagree with any of that.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

What I am curious about is what he has done that is "helping."

I’m not the one throwing out insults about trolling in a tread you created. Please continue.

– Jackie Robinson
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Paul Pelosi, Nancy Pelosi’s husband, attacked at couple’s home

Link Copied to Clipboard