j/c...

Bonk.

That looks like our D.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Teams used to hold FGs with their backup QBs much more often but have gone away from it in recent years

Yes. I think the reasoning is that punters can spend a lot more time at practices w/the kicker than a backup qb can. Developing that chemistry of exactly what the kicker prefers is important. I know Dies was joking earlier, but punters are almost always very good athletes, as well. That's not the reason for them being the holder, but I wanted to throw that in there.

Legend
Legend
That makes sense. It makes sense from a practice standpoint.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

4 members like this: Clemdawg, OldColdDawg, Swish
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Teams used to hold FGs with their backup QBs much more often but have gone away from it in recent years

Yes. I think the reasoning is that punters can spend a lot more time at practices w/the kicker than a backup qb can. Developing that chemistry of exactly what the kicker prefers is important. I know Dies was joking earlier, but punters are almost always very good athletes, as well. That's not the reason for them being the holder, but I wanted to throw that in there.

They are also the guy who handles punt snaps from the long snapper. They are used to receiving fast, tight snaps.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 23 Buccaneers 17 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard