Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
L
Legend
Legend
L
Jake Paul is a buffoon and anyone that would willing associate with him are just desperate. I love how they say "boxer" yet dude hasn't fought anyone thats an actual boxer let alone within 15 years of his age.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/27/22 04:00 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Let's blame analytics for this as well. Just so much data. . . .

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
V
Legend
Legend
V
Milk, what are the future plans for J-Dubs in the Browns organization. I thought I read where he is in line to become the main decision maker. That can't be correct, can it?

M
Legend
Legend
M
I was and still am grateful for what Baker did while he wore a Brown's jersey. I didn't like the Watson acquisition - not because of anything to do with Baker, but because Watson had 66+ massage therapists over a span of 2 years and 26 of them accused him of sexual misconduct and he has since been labelled a sexual predator by the only judge to have heard all the actions (Showing sexual predatory behavior is the calling him a sexual predator in my book). Based on any prior metric or the eye test - Watson in HOU was a top QB, Baker flashed but was inconsistent as a Brown - the injury didn't help but ultimately KS and BM clashed and we moved on to what on paper is a superior player at the position.

I'll personally keep half an eye on how Baker plays and maybe watch games that don't clash with the Browns. I missed this Rams game and any mention of how well BM played - and good for him on the performance. But while I get that a poster on the board wants to ram every bad performance by Baker down our throats and mention Baker as often as possible (and then turn around and insult others and claim 'the baker boys' keep bringing him up).... and I get maybe you want to return the favor? But I am ready for Baker not to be a topic on this board. When Baker plays well or badly, I don't need to come here to see & read about it. Discussions about Stefanski - his offense - his ability as a HC ... none of that needs to imply or involve Baker. Bad (low %) play calls on 4th downs, a tendency to become pass happy, being too cute and thinking he is smarter than other NFL coaches, having the team come out flat after a bye in vital games , possibly losing the players in the locker room, an under prepared team and bad Defensive performances - none of those things, which have shown themselves throughout his time as HC, have anything to do with BM - - - and while the poster that always wants to mention Baker does so as a deflection from Stefanski and what this team has done in 2022, it doesn't mean we have to let him. jmo

Last edited by mgh888; 12/27/22 10:00 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I had you on ignore for months and you still replied to me 5-7 per day. Every day. And you act like the victim. LMAO

Look, I'm going to go back to ignoring you guys again. But, you won't stop. That is guaranteed.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 12/27/22 10:11 AM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
You lie - but we know that. It's okay. You continue to name call, in fact it's getting worse. Not okay.

When your posts warrant responding to because they are good football posts, because they are driven by agendas or simply misleading - I'll continue to reply to them. It's a Browns message board.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Yea...I read that earlier..the guy didn't follow the "desired procedure" for telling the Browns that he was sick..so the Stefanski and Berry brought the HAMMER down on Myles...obviously trying to make an example of him.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V
mac, w/all due respect...............folks have been criticizing Stefanski for not being tough enough. It's to the point where it's damned if you do and damned if you don't.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

We've the part of the season where player's dads are are fighting with Browns fan on Twitter. A true Browns tradition!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Scary stuff for Tua

Man this is scary. Three concussions in one season. This kid needs to take this seriously and make some hard decisions.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm pretty sure this Noah Weiskopf kid is some 19 year old Journalism major at Ohio State. For some reason I don't think he would be the one with an inside scoop.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I'm pretty sure this Noah Weiskopf kid is some 19 year old Journalism major at Ohio State. For some reason I don't think he would be the one with an inside scoop.

All he did was quote Mary Kay, but sometimes I wonder if she has any ability to get an inside scoop also.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Like jfan said, Weiskopf is just regurgitating MKC's report.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I'll knock MKC on a number of things but Myles Garrett has a pretty long list of things showcasing immaturity and general lack of awareness where I'm going to believe the Browns' angle.

Tackles are tackles.
3 members like this: FATE, Milk Man, WSU Willie
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, it's an odd thing about MKC. A lot of people give her no credibility for the most part. That is until she says something they like or agree with.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
People knock Mary Kay a lot and I have, as well. However, her reports have been pretty darn accurate in recent years. I'll go w/her version for now.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
My signature is my signature for a reason.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

I'll knock MKC on a number of things but Myles Garrett has a pretty long list of things showcasing immaturity and general lack of awareness where I'm going to believe the Browns' angle.

And isn't it odd how people pick and choose which players they point that out about and which ones they don't? The only thing I find odd about the story is it would seem to me that it would need to be more serious than what's being reported to not start him. I have no idea if that's correct or not but it just seems odd to me.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Pit..it's good to folks do a bit of research to see who these Twitter Teasers are and what kind of experience they have.

Some are just like this dude Weiskopf..young, taking classes in journalism or recently graduated and trying to build a reputation by repeating something they might have heard from another, more senior Browns source. Very similar to the case I cited last week where the Mueller dude did a journalistic "hatchet job" on the Browns backup center and used PFF as his source to backup his claim.

The Print Media is a mess because of the tactics being used by some of these Keyboard Warriors, looking to make a name for themselves. It never hurts to look up how much experience some of these young, so called journalists have.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, it's not similar at all.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
None of us know what's going on. Personally I will run with Lawrence Garrett before I put faith in MKC. But that's me and I don't like or respect or believe most of what MKC writes, to me she is worse than Grossi or any other beat writer for the Browns.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Cardinals DE J.J. Watt announces retirement following conclusion of 2022 NFL season

Cardinals defensive end J.J. Watt announced Tuesday that he will retire at the end of the 2022 season.

"My heart is filled with nothing but love and gratitude," tweeted Watt, who said Sunday's loss to the Buccaneers was his last ever NFL home game. "It's been an absolute honor and a pleasure."

A no-brainer for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Watt dominated out of the gate after becoming a first-round pick by Houston in 2011. In his first five seasons, the Wisconsin product tallied 74.5 sacks, 15 forced fumbles, an INT, and 299 tackles while earning three Defensive Player of the Year awards. His 74.5 sacks over that span of time are the second-most since 1982, behind only Hall of Famer Reggie White.

Watt had 18.5 more sacks, 90 more QB hits and 51 more tackles for loss than any other player in the NFL in a four-season span from 2012-2015.

Watt was a relentless force in Houston, unblockable at the point of attack and able to manhandle offensive linemen. His pick-six of Andy Dalton in the 2011 playoffs remains one of the greatest plays in Texans history.

At his peak, Watt single-handedly wrecked game plans and outright controlled the game, a mystifying accomplishment for a defensive lineman. Watt's level of early-career dominance was unmatched. He even garnered MVP votes, finishing second for the award in 2014, an extreme rarity for defensive players.

Watt will retire a three-time DPOY winner with five first-team All-Pro honors, five Pro Bowls. He also led the NFL in sacks twice. He's a shoo-in for a gold jacket in five years (Watt is eligible for the Hall in 2028), as one of three players in NFL history to win DPOY three times -- Lawrence Taylor and Aaron Donald.

Watt is the only player since 1982 with 20-plus sacks in multiple seasons -- 20.5 in 2012 and 2014. He is one of three players since 1982 with 100-plus sacks and six-plus total TDs in his career (also HOF Jason Taylor, Julius Peppers). Watt is one of two players with multiple receiving TDs and pick-six's in his career in the Super Bowl era (also HOF Deion Sanders).

Watt reached 100 career sacks in his 120th career game (Week 9, 2020), the fourth-fewest games to 100 career sacks since 1982 (White, DeMarcus Ware and Bruce Smith).

Injuries curtailed his production down the stretch of his career, as he played a full-slate just twice in the past seven seasons. But when he was on the field, Watt made his presence felt. In his second season in Arizona, Watt has compiled 9.5 sacks, 33 tackles (14 for loss) and six passes defensed in 14 games of what will be his final campaign.

With two games remaining in his legendary career, Watt has 111.5 total sacks, 580 tackles, 27 forced fumbles, 69 passes defensed and two regular-season INTs. The Arizona Cardinals' final two games of the year are at the Atlanta Falcons and the San Francisco 49ers.

As incredible as his on-field performance was during his 12-year career, Watt was just as impactful off the field. His work raising money for the Houston community in the wake of Hurricane Harvey was unparalleled. For his work, Watt was named the NFL's Walter Payton Man of the Year in 2017, the highest honor in the NFL.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cardinals-...ment-following-conclusion-of-2022-season

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mgh888
I was and still am grateful for what Baker did while he wore a Brown's jersey. I didn't like the Watson acquisition - not because of anything to do with Baker, but because Watson had 66+ massage therapists over a span of 2 years and 26 of them accused him of sexual misconduct and he has since been labelled a sexual predator by the only judge to have heard all the actions (Showing sexual predatory behavior is the calling him a sexual predator in my book). Based on any prior metric or the eye test - Watson in HOU was a top QB, Baker flashed but was inconsistent as a Brown - the injury didn't help but ultimately KS and BM clashed and we moved on to what on paper is a superior player at the position.

I'll personally keep half an eye on how Baker plays and maybe watch games that don't clash with the Browns. I missed this Rams game and any mention of how well BM played - and good for him on the performance. But while I get that a poster on the board wants to ram every bad performance by Baker down our throats and mention Baker as often as possible (and then turn around and insult others and claim 'the baker boys' keep bringing him up).... and I get maybe you want to return the favor? But I am ready for Baker not to be a topic on this board. When Baker plays well or badly, I don't need to come here to see & read about it. Discussions about Stefanski - his offense - his ability as a HC ... none of that needs to imply or involve Baker. Bad (low %) play calls on 4th downs, a tendency to become pass happy, being too cute and thinking he is smarter than other NFL coaches, having the team come out flat after a bye in vital games , possibly losing the players in the locker room, an under prepared team and bad Defensive performances - none of those things, which have shown themselves throughout his time as HC, have anything to do with BM - - - and while the poster that always wants to mention Baker does so as a deflection from Stefanski and what this team has done in 2022, it doesn't mean we have to let him. jmo

Posts Nazi. Don't become that guy; this is a PLAYER NEWS thread. BM is a player and one many of us still very much like. I don't care if Vers calls me a fabulous Baker Boyz or whatever other childish crap he spews in his endless drivel. The "one poster" everyone refers to constantly is VERS. I don't know why you guys don't just call him out as the cancer he is on this board... Oh, y'all have been doing that for weeks, and all it does is feed the troll. Smh. So thanks for your opinion that I didn't even need to ask for, but I'll tend my posts; you tend yours.

And trust me, when you take him to task and expose him for who he really is, he shuts down the incessant attacks and pretends you are on ignore. That's why he doesn't get under my skin anymore; because I can see his true colors and know who he really is... I will give him props for having good knowledge of many football topics, but he is not a football GURU. And he also cannot dictate who I am allowed to like or not like, what I am allowed to post or not post, and what topics we discuss or don't discuss. Everyone is just a fan posting their feelings about the team/players/coaches/FO on this fan board, and he's no different. Vers is very much one of us in that respect and doesn't deserve our ire for posting what he feels. At the same time, we all just post opinions, rumors, news, and speculation. And none of us, Vers and I included, have a crystal ball regarding future football outcomes or what this team will do from game to game. So everyone's posts, without exception, are jaded or biased by their personal feelings and perception of any particular topic. And there are no football gurus here that I can see, so maybe we all just need to focus on being fans of the game and stop worrying about what others might think, say, or post
and just let everyone express their fandom in their own way.

1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Fair Play. Post away !

And here to help:

Last edited by mgh888; 12/27/22 06:16 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O

He references MKC; if you click thru on Twitter, you will see where she said those things. It doesn't matter who he is in this instance.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Oh, FFS, here it comes on, Myles, now. Smh. This whole org and fanbase are in shambles. It's like Brown's world lost its Fn mind after OBJ's Daddy's post, and it's all been downhill since. Are we going to run Myles out on a rail next? I know how hard it is to be a Browns fan but bashing your All-Star DE for what amounts to his effort of reporting an illness is BS. Ski is a wuss and an abject failure at managing our most talented players. Ever notice how true talent seems to regress under him? In Myles's case, that could be directly tied to Woods, but at the end of the day, it all falls on Ski. This season is over; another wasted year as a Browns fan; why pull this crap with players at this point? Especially our most talented players. Myles shows up on game day most of the time, and his production is limited more by our opponents' double and triple teaming him than by lack of effort by a long shot. He is probably the most complete player on this team, definitely one of our best; why screw with him over minutia in a season that died weeks ago? The incomprehensible bungling of the Browns FO and Staff is what SKI should be benching instead of making players out to be scapegoats. I'm about done with the whole damn lot of them. Idiots.

V
Legend
Legend
V
The same guys who yell at me to not talk about Baker keep bringing Baker into threads. I guess it's cool if you are complimentary of Baker and blame others for his issues, but it's a travesty if one points out the truths such as teams have not even wanted him. One freaking team claimed him on waivers. ONE! Pffftttt...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
The same guys who yell at me to not talk about Baker keep bringing Baker into threads. I guess it's cool if you are complimentary of Baker and blame others for his issues, but it's a travesty if one points out the truths such as teams have not even wanted him. One freaking team claimed him on waivers. ONE! Pffftttt...

rofl rofl rofl You just can't help yourself, living in your head everyday.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
2 members like this: SuperBrown, EveDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
This is the the player news thread. If there is any place to talk about any and all NFL players, this thread is it. And in case you missed it, McVay wanted him. McVay says he's good. You say he isn't. Which one do you think I'm going to listen to?

Rams' Sean McVay Praises QB Baker Mayfield: 'He Has Been Outstanding'

Los Angeles Rams head coach Sean McVay heaped praise upon quarterback Baker Mayfield, who has been outstanding in his brief time as LA's starter.

The Baker Mayfield experiment continues to be one of this season's lone bright spots in LA.

While it is a disappointment to see the Los Angeles Rams eliminated from the playoffs at 5-10, this is actually Sean McVay’s first losing season since he took over as head coach in 2017.

Injuries have really derailed the defending Super Bowl champions' season. The Rams' offense hasn’t looked the same since they lost quarterback Matthew Stafford and wide receiver Cooper Kupp for the season.

s compelling as it was when the Rams claimed Mayfield off waivers, expectations were mitigated for a quarterback who had played so inconsistently throughout his career.

Mayfield was the No. 1 pick in the 2018 NFL Draft but after discouraging stints in Cleveland and Carolina, it seemed unlikely he would be the answer to McVay’s offense. However, his performance on Sunday against the Broncos shows he is still capable of being a starter in the NFL.

Despite the Rams missing their top three receivers, Mayfield outplayed Russell Wilson, who the Broncos paid $242 million and traded multiple first-round picks for, by a wide margin in the Rams’ 51-14 blowout win over the Denver Broncos.

McVay had said how highly he thought of Mayfield before arriving in Los Angeles, and through three games, he’s exceeded the coach’s expectations. He’s led the Rams to two wins and thrown four touchdown passes with only one interception, playing at a high level in an offense he’s still learning.

As might be expected, McVay has been impressed.

“I think probably better (than expected), but I always – you guys know, I was always a fan of him and I think he’s played really well,” McVay said after the game. “You got to think about too, what he’s done to come in here and be able to play around a lot of guys too that haven’t been here, and to be able to lead the charge today, just an incredible effort. He’s been outstanding."

Mayfield is just a rental player until Stafford is back to full strength. Although, if he does not land a starting gig somewhere else next season, perhaps his success with McVay warrants him a return to the Rams as a backup.

For now, Mayfield will prepare for a battle against the Los Angeles Chargers. The NFL flexed that game out of the primetime slot next Sunday in favor of a game between the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers. Rams vs. Chargers will now be an afternoon game, 1:25 PM PST at SoFi Stadium.

https://www.si.com/nfl/rams/news/lo...vs-russell-wilson-denver-broncos-week-16

It's amazing the difference a good HC can make in a QB with a good physical skill set. Or are you refusing to be educated by an actual SB winning NFL HC?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
"Crickets"

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
It looks like Mayfield is having fun again.
But let's keep in mind the combined record
Of the 3 teams he faced so far as a Ram is
17 and 28. The Raiders Packers and Broncos are going
Nowhere. But he has a chance to be the opening Day
Starter for the Rams in 2023

Legend
Legend
I have several relatives that live in LA,,, I'm told that Baker is loved there and some are even thinking he's the guy to put in place of Stafford when Stafford decides to hang it up.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Raiders bench Derek Carr with playoffs all but lost, $33M injury guarantee looming

The Las Vegas Raiders have benched quarterback Derek Carr with two games remaining in the regular season.

Head coach Josh McDaniels announced the news on Wednesday.

Jarrett Stidham will start in his place on Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers and presumably in next week's regular season finale against the Kansas City Chiefs. The Raiders are still mathematically alive for the postseason at 6-9, but last week's loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers all but eliminated them from reasonable contention.

Meanwhile, Carr is due $33 million next season that's fully guaranteed in case of injury. He'd also be guaranteed $7.5 million in 2024 in case of injury, The Athletic's Vic Tarfur reports. According to the report, the Raiders front office met on consecutive nights this week to discuss the course of action regarding Carr's injury guarantee.

Carr has been the Raiders starter for nine seasons since they drafted him in the second round of the 2014 draft. He's missed just two regular season games in his career. He missed both of those games because of injury.

The decision raises doubts about Carr's future with the franchise.

https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-be...-injury-guarantee-looming-191139606.html

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper

I'll let steve be the cap guy on this...BUT...Stafford's cap hit for next year is OUTRAGEOUS.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by WSU Willie

I'll let steve be the cap guy on this...BUT...Stafford's cap hit for next year is OUTRAGEOUS.

Thanks WSU! Stafford's cap hit isn't ridiculous next year being it's set at 1.5M salary with an 18.5M prorated bonus for a total of 20M cap hit for 2023. Another positive is that Stafford's guaranteed money ends next year with the 1.5M salary. Now the bad part - Stafford is under contract with the Rams for another 4-years. Even though his guaranteed money will run out after 2023 (which is only 1.5M), the Rams have been playing the game of moving salaries into prorated bonuses to lower their immediate cap only to have to account for it later. Because of that type of financial mumble jumble, the Rams will get cap hits of 18.5M per year for the next 4-years whether Stafford is on the team or not. They also moved 10M of his contract into roster bonuses in year 4 and 5 of 5M each. Here's the bottom-line, if Stafford decided to retire in February due to his concussions, the Rams have to absorb 74M in prorated bonuses plus the 1.5M guarantee for a total of 75.5M dead cap to work around the next 4-years. In other words - CAP HELL! Now they would save his planned salary for each year which is still at 85.5M but not the prorated bonuses they have already moved.

Just a note - if the Browns restructure Watson again this off season, he will be sitting on over 18M in prorated bonuses each year of his remaining contract with 9M in 1 additional voided year.

R
Legend
Legend
R

There's no talking sense into the mayfield clan. He's on his third team in one year, just about nobody wanted him, he's had a couple of nice games and now all of a sudden he's great. A guy on the verge of being out of the NFL is all of a sudden great. Oy vey.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Who does Baker play for next year? He asked for a trade when he heard we wanted Watson, who was obviously going to start when eligible to do so. He asked for a trade when told he was going to be a backup [3rd string, behind the legendary duo of Darnold and Walker] in Carolina. Will he accept being a backup next year behind Stafford? Would the Rams want that turd in the locker room stirring up crap?

Now, Carr is available and the draft class is far, far better [at least in the minds of the guys who evaluate these things] than last year. Daniel Jones has done enough to win that job. Hurts has established himself as an MVP candidate. Goff is having a very good year in Detroit. Gino Smith is playing very well in Seattle. Russ sucks, but Denver is paying him huge money.

Where does he go? New Orleans maybe? Washington? Would McDaniels want him in Vegas? Baker doesn't fit the Patriot mold at all. Houston didn't want him in the trade for Watson. Every team in the league passed on Baker when he went on waivers other than the Rams? I didn't get to see the Denver game, but I read that he played extremely well. He did have the comeback win in his first game w/the Rams, but they scored what...16 or 17 for the game? He wasn't good in game 2. He sucked worse than any qb in the league w/Carolina. He sucked last year and teams didn't want any part of trading for him. So, where does he go.

Before his fan club goes off.......like Pit says..........it's a Players News thread, right? Also, y'all brought him up. So please deal w/an alternative opinion.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Player News-continued

Link Copied to Clipboard