Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Someone is getting crazy-anxious over a former Browns QB...who is playing well and is loved in his new locker room.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
They liked Mike Phipps in Chicago for a while too. Things have a way of evening out.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, right.

Anyways..........the McDaniels/Carr story is pretty amazing. I hate to admit it, but I wanted McDaniels or Dan Campbell over Stefanski as HC. Campbell is actually doing a nice job, but McDaniels has sucked ass and he was my #1 choice. I was wrong. He is actually making Carr inactive for this upcoming game. WTH?!? He's a really great OC, but he looks like a total dufus as a HC.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Tom Brady was overlooked 198 times...Kurt Warner was un-drafted...the Rams signed Baker but not the cancer that is OBJ. None of that means squat...just like who did or didn't put in a waiver claim on Baker. The Rams did...end of relevance.

V
Legend
Legend
V
For the record........Baker is ranked 33rd overall in QBR and in PFF's QB rankings.

Here is the link for QBR: https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

You need a paid membership to PFF to access the QB grades, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
For accuracy purposes..........the Rams did sign OBJ last year and won the Super Bowl w/him. He was on his way to being the MVP of that game before he got hurt. He is not signed this year because he is still hurt. OBJ has excelled everywhere he has been w/multiple qbs. The only one who held him back was Baker Mayfield.The Rams are not winning a Super Bowl w/Baker Mayfield this year.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
For the record........Baker is ranked 33rd overall in QBR and in PFF's QB rankings.

You need a paid membership to PFF to access the QB grades, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Watson would be ranked 28th *if he qualified
Brissett is ranked 9th.

not much better than Baker.

he needs to shake that rust off quick.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Carr will have options. The Colts make sense.

There are other teams who really need QBs. Houston, Vegas, New Orleans, Carolina, Washington, maybe the Jets, and Tampa Bay [if Brady goes somewhere else or retires.] Houston has a high pick and there are some good qbs in the draft. The other teams would have to trade up. Carr is probably going to get a ton of attention. He might be a really good fit in Washington, too. Maybe New Orleans because they are a dangerous team if healthy.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Huh? I gave the link for QBR. I was talking about PFF where you need to pay to see the QB rankings.

M
Legend
Legend
M
For accuracy purposes..........the Rams did sign OBJ last year and won the Super Bowl w/him. He was on his way to being the MVP of that game before he got hurt. He is not signed this year because he is still hurt. OBJ has excelled everywhere he has been w/multiple qbs. The only one who held him back was Baker Mayfield.The Rams are not winning a Super Bowl w/Baker Mayfield this year.
Hilarious.

You asked GM a direct question the other day about coaching.... Why don't you ask him directly if obj was running the wrong routes and free lancing? He's the only guy on this site with any way to know. I think I know why you don't ask or pay attention to his answer. Along with not knowing where to line up and quitting on his routes. Sure, the QB held him back.

And yes, obj was having a great game in the SB. The rest of his time with the Rams as a #2 opposite Cooper Kupp his stats were within spitting distance of his stats with the Browns that year.

Last edited by mgh888; 12/28/22 09:08 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yeah, right.

Anyways..........the McDaniels/Carr story is pretty amazing. I hate to admit it, but I wanted McDaniels or Dan Campbell over Stefanski as HC. Campbell is actually doing a nice job, but McDaniels has sucked ass and he was my #1 choice. I was wrong. He is actually making Carr inactive for this upcoming game. WTH?!? He's a really great OC, but he looks like a total dufus as a HC.

So let me get this straight from you Vers:

The Raiders Offense in year 1 with McDaniel's calling the plays are scoring 23.2 PPG through 15 weeks
The Browns Offense in year 3 with Stefanski calling the plays are scoring 21.5 PPG through 15 weeks
The Raiders have a 6-9 record through 15 weeks
The Browns have a 6-9 record through 15 weeks
Carr has a passer rating of 86.3 through 15 weeks with McDaniels
Brissett has a passer rating of 88.9 through 15 weeks with Stefanski
Watson has a passer rating of 69.3 through 15 weeks with Stefanski
The Raiders defense is allowing 23.3 PPG
The Browns defense is allowing 22.9 PPG (blamed on the DC)
The Raiders run defense is allowing 116.6 yard per game Ranked 15th in run defense
The Browns run defense is allowing 134.3 yards per game Ranked 25th in run defense (Blamed on the DC)

If McDaniels has sucked ass and looks like a total dufus as a HC in year 1, what adjectives are you going to use for Stefanski's year 3 performance that has been in most cases even worse than what McDaniels has posted? Inquiring minds just want to know!

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll play. I think Baker will take a deal to be the apparent heir and backup to Stafford for the Rams and sit like Rodgers did until Stafford is out of gas or the team is ready to move on to Baker. McVay will talk about coaching him up and fixing the crap coaching his two previous teams, helping him repair his reputation, and giving him a chance to gell with teammates and absorb everything McVay Rams style; all of this is cool, but the real kicker will be dangling a chance to start in the near future and a QB1 payday when it happens. I expect this, but if a losing team like Houston, Denver, or Las Vegas comes calling with a QB1 contract, he will probably take that. I don't look for that to happen, and I really don't think it's in his best interests.

I honestly think McVay feels like he hit the lotto and will do whatever he can to make Baker Stafford's backup/replacement (if Stafford hangs it up). And honestly, I think the next couple of games will show us how much emphasis McVay will put on keeping him. Honestly, as crazy as the NFL gets in the offseason, I could see him anywhere from on the street to QB1 on a legit contender.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/29/22 12:23 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
I could see him anywhere from on the street to QB1 on a legit contender.

So, to sum up, just like the rest of us, you have no clue. thumbsup

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Derek Carr will probably be a Colt next year (I say that only half joking). I always thought he was above average

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

This is a classic example of not telling the whole story. Week 16, Mayfield was #1 and Watson #26 in Total QBR. Week 15, Mayfield was #30 and Watson #18 in Total QBR. Week 14, Mayfield was #11 and Watson #12 in Total QBR. In Week 13, Watson was #25 in Total QBR and Mayfield didn't play. Though it's true that Watson sat a self-imposed 700 days without live competition, Mayfield has stepped into a situation with no knowledge of the playbook, zero reps with his skilled players, his top 3 WR's sitting out on IR, and the most injured OL in the NFL in 2022 while Watson has had the top OL in football, #1 RB, best route running receiver and a preseason and a month of practice with the team before he ever stepped on the field. Now Watson will most likely improve to the point where he will ascend to a level higher than Mayfield because he's the better athlete but to spew Mayfield hatred when he's actually performing better than our 230M QB with just as much if not more reasons for a bad performance is just showcasing your hatred for the player. It's amazing what a difference it makes for a player when having a good HC compared to a poor one.

Let's not forget what's really at stake here. Our Stefanski led Browns must win both of their final two games just to equal last year's dismal record achieved with an injured QB after Week 2 and the team is light years away from 2020. You can keep bringing up Mayfield and trying to showcase how bad he's played but we have a pile of crap in our own back yard that's worse than anything Baker left on the field while playing for Stefanski. The record proves that fact.This league is still about W/L and Stefanski is failing with that metric. Guess what, Mayfield isn't here and has had no part in 2022's crappy season for the Browns.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
V
Legend
Legend
V
Using one week tells the whole story? LOL

M
Legend
Legend
M
Well "the whole story" would be long and probably a bit tedious. The cliff notes version is that

- Act 1 - for the Panthers who were coached by a really bad HC in Rhule, who was already on the hot seat, Baker played very badly. I watched about 3 of the games and he was worse in a Panthers uniform than any time as a Brown, and while the team was badly coached and Rhule was fired, Baker had opportunities to be "ok" - but made bad reads, took needless sacks and missed open receivers. Panthers immediately looked better without him and when Wilks took over.

-Act 2 - for the Rams, he came in and played after signing with the team two days prior. I think it was a national Thursday night game and he led the team to a win scoring 14 in the 4th Q over a fairly bad Raiders team. Second game he was bad vs GB on a Monday night. 3rd game he had a 124.7 QB rating and played very well against another bad team that just fired their HC.

It will be interesting to see how the final 2 games go, but even if he plays well it won't be a big enough sample size to say with a good HC Baker is good. Looking at how bad Baker was under Kitchens and Rhule - if Baker is better than average for his final two Ram's games I'd say we learned that Baker is bad under a bad HC and isn't good enough or the type of QB that could overcome that situation . . . But having seen both good and bad BM here in CLE, I'd wait and need a sustained number of games at an improved level before wanting to say Baker is a good QB with a good HC. And if he reverts to type and plays badly these last two games maybe he will struggle to find a place on a roster next year. I think what he's done so far for the Rams has helped him find a back up roll next year - beyond that idk.

Steve - to your point. There's totally separate issues at play. BM and how he has or has not played for other teams. What the Cleveland Browns achieved in 2022. Personally what the Browns have achieved and the trajectory they are on is far more important, but there will be plenty of time for discussion after the season.

Last edited by mgh888; 12/29/22 10:04 AM.

V
Legend
Legend
V
It's widely assumed that Brady won't be returning to Tampa Bay next year. Does the Carr benching give us a hint that Brady could reunite w/McDaniels in Vegas?

In my mind, Carr to either Indy, Washington, or New Orleans makes a lot of sense.

Houston will grab either Young or Stroud. Another team will probably trade up to #2 to get the loser of the Young/Stroud battle. Right now, the Bears are sitting at second. Teams like Atlanta and Indy are going to have high draft choices themselves and will be an attractive trade partner. I don't know if either of those teams have other assets to offer and how their cap numbers stand.

The QB market for this off-season is going to be very interesting.

V
Legend
Legend
V
For the record..........I am NOT the one who brought up the "whole story." Folks were posting some numbers about Baker and I posted some in return. Hey, "it's a message board."

V
Legend
Legend
V
Another team that could be in the market for a qb is Miami. They are loaded on offense. Tua has played well this year and was in the MVP race until recently. However, three concussions in one year is concerning. They would probably not be able to trade up for a qb because they have given up picks for Hill and Chubb, but they could be players for current NFL QBs.

Legend
Legend
We get it Vers, you hate mayfield.... It's ok...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
For the record..........I am NOT the one who brought up the "whole story." Folks were posting some numbers about Baker and I posted some in return. Hey, "it's a message board."

No-one said you did bring up the whole story. Yes it's a message board. My last post was a neutral as can be, not sure why you felt the need to post this. Do you disagree that Baker was bad for Rhule and CLT? Do you disagree that Baker has played better for the Rams but after 3 games, we need to see more of the same to say he's 'good' under a good HC?

V
Legend
Legend
V
This is how steve began his post after quoting the links I posted:

This is a classic example of not telling the whole story.

M
Legend
Legend
M

I don't see a football point. I don't see a post that is offensive or name calls that you needed to defend yourself from. I don't see a post that insinuates that you said something you didn't. I see a posters saying there's more to what you posted. I see me trying to summarize this season for our ex-QB. It's how conversations work.

V
Legend
Legend
V
#not5timesaday

M
Legend
Legend
M
#not5timesaday

So you basically admit you lost.

And #not5times day.

As I wrote in my post - there's days when I reply many more times than 5 times.

But thanks for getting juvenile and acknowledging you have zero comeback at an adult level

V
Legend
Legend
V
I did not lose a damn thing. Hell, I'm not competing. Others posted stats. It was cool. I posted stats and it was not cool. You made a claim that no one said anything about "telling the whole story." I provided a quote that showed where it was said. You moved the goal posts. You are here to fight.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I' glad you think you know so much more than McVay. I don't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Huh? I gave the link for QBR. I was talking about PFF where you need to pay to see the QB rankings.

I notice you didn't post Watson's QBR.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mgh888

No-one said you did bring up the whole story.

You made a claim that no one said anything about "telling the whole story." I provided a quote that showed where it was said. You moved the goal posts. You are here to fight.

If you read this text string maybe you will see this pattern of events:
- you can plainly see that first you stated YOU were not the one who brought up 'the whole story'
- I responded to say no-one said YOU brought up 'the whole story' -
- You then change the claim to state I made a claim that "no one" said anything about 'the whole story"

This is 100% classic Vers and if I have to post 20 times in a day to highlight this sort of BS I will.

So YOU moved the goal posts. YOU are here to fight. You did absolutely lose. You lost any morsel of credibility you had left.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

I notice you didn't post Watson's QBR.

It's 53.5 - but he's only played 4 games. But he's coming off a 2 year absence. But the C is injured. But we don't have a WR to take the top off the defense. But we don't have a fully healthy Conklin playing at his best. But we played a game in bad weather. . . . . .

I say those things in jest - some of them are valid, some of them are not, all of them have been mentioned in relation to how Watson has played. None of them were allowable for former players.

M
Legend
Legend
M
How about you all STFU and stop acting like 5 years olds?

You started it. No, YOU started it!

You're only here to fight. No, YOU'RE only here to fight!

Stop lying. I'm not lying, you're lying!

Stop acting like children. Go play outside or something. FFS.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: EveDawg, Pdawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Oooh, somebody struck a nerve.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Stop acting like children. Go lay outside or something. FFS.

Why don't you stop always taking up for the agitator in chief? And don't deny that you do that and 100% enable him to be the agitator he is.

You might have a point about how threads get derailed ... but you NEVER call out the one poster who is at the heart of most of the issues. When you make a comment - like this - you ALWAYS respond to the people who are pointing out the BS Vers Spews.

When Vers spammed the board for a day calling me 'evil' did you say anything? No.
When Vers spammed the board for over a week talking about my kids did you say anything? No.
When Vers says one thing, then another, accuses others of the thing he just did - do you say anything? No.

As for the "Lying" "Liars" that is spammed across the board (and accepted by the moderators - why I do not know) - that'd be a Vers thing too that he has started and monopolized with others tired of the abuse responding in kind. Maybe if you had said something early on to Vers that might not have happened? idk.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Jimmy G. to the Raiders.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Read again slowly and carefully....."you all"

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Read again slowly and carefully....."you all"

Read carefully and slowly - you never reply and specifically respond to Vers. And personally when I was being called Evil, there was no "You All" - when my kids were mentioned in every thread for a week, there was no "You All"....

You write great football posts. When it comes to calling out the BS - you never reply to and talk directly to the one poster that starts most of it.

Vers left the board for a while - the bickering went down to an all time low (it was still there for sure but a fraction of what it was before) - he's back and the bickering is at an all time high. You chose to hit "reply" and address everyone but the root cause. You can say "You All" but it sure as hell doesn't read that way.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Stop acting like children. Go play outside or something. FFS.

I forgot one....

But you never say anything speciifically to (insert name) first!

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Once again, it's become a personality contest. I posted Baker's stats AFTER others posted Baker's stats. It's a different set of stats, but they are just stats. Tired of a few people telling others what they are allowed to post and not post. Then, the main perpetrator attacks others for not attacking another poster. Good God! Btw......Memphis is not my defender. Trust me on that one. So, leave him alone.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Player News-continued

Link Copied to Clipboard