Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yet it wasn't us claiming to know what Houston's demands were and what the offers they approved were. I would be done with it too if I were you.

Refusing to address credible points by you is not an indication other people want to fight. You've used that BS for a long time now when you wish to dodge an actual discussion you want to avoid.

Sorry, I think some of you pick.

It was widely reported that there were several teams who met the parameters set by the Texans. I say several because I am not sure at this point, but 4 teams made the cut if I recall correctly. One other team was rejected by the Texans because that were a division team. At that point the Watson team and the approved teams could work out the specifics of the deal.

What the hell are people arguing about here?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
V
Legend
Legend
V
It does get confusing because a couple of guys continually want to start fights. I'll be clear about my contentions. There were multiple teams that agreed to the Texans trade demands. No one knows exactly what the trade demands were specifically, but teams agreed to the parameters of what Caserio and the Texans were asking for before they got to meet w/Watson. Thus, the Browns were not alone in offering a king's ransom for Watson and it also shows that Watson was viewed as an extremely valuable commodity by multiple teams. I believe it is nonsense that some were trying to argue that the Browns were the only team willing to agree to the Texans trade demands.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Yet it wasn't us claiming to know what Houston's demands were and what the offers they approved were. I would be done with it too if I were you.

Refusing to address credible points by you is not an indication other people want to fight. You've used that BS for a long time now when you wish to dodge an actual discussion you want to avoid.

Sorry, I think some of you pick.

It was widely reported that there were several teams who met the parameters set by the Texans. I say several because I am not sure at this point, but 4 teams made the cut if I recall correctly. One other team was rejected by the Texans because that were a division team. At that point the Watson team and the approved teams could work out the specifics of the deal.

What the hell are people arguing about here?

Thank you, peen. If you have been paying attention since I rejoined the board, it is painfully obvious why 888, Pit, arch, and WSU are trying to make this argument.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
No need to apologize. Lamp what is stuck in my head is that Oh 5-10 years ago I remember an article and no I am not going to cut and past and link - either take my word for it or not. Possible more than one poster will remember the article.

It was about how impact picks made for a team are necessary especially first rounders. The were noting that if a team Bombed on impact picks for 2 years they were in a hole the Browns were brought up because we were busting on our impact picks - 1999 until 2016 we had pretty bad impact picks...stretches of unbelievable bad. I think 2017 with Garrett broke the Spell. If a team went 2 years they were in Hell for the team build up. Also noted in the article was the teams that went against Franchise and could lose 2 first round picks and that would ruin them ergo why a tag would benefit the team doing the tagging. Combined with remembering the Herschel Walker trade Dallas to Vikings it crippled the Vikings for decades actually just until their recent success but the Defense could take them far as their good Offense gets them in the playoffs this season but Defense not strong enough to win a championship. That is why I made this post. cause its not 2 seasonal 1st rounders but 3 years crippling us.

Vers I'm sure there was interest for Watson...but who made a solid offer giving up what we did???

Also my fear on this is what says Watson will stay here after his 5 years is up...season 1 was a total bust 23,24 still no 1st round picks to build on the team. Will we be a playoff team as we transition from a running team to a passing team - ergo passing 31 times in crazy weather.

jmho

got to run...

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
It does get confusing because a couple of guys continually want to start fights. I'll be clear about my contentions. There were multiple teams that agreed to the Texans trade demands. No one knows exactly what the trade demands were specifically, but teams agreed to the parameters of what Caserio and the Texans were asking for before they got to meet w/Watson. Thus, the Browns were not alone in offering a king's ransom for Watson and it also shows that Watson was viewed as an extremely valuable commodity by multiple teams. I believe it is nonsense that some were trying to argue that the Browns were the only team willing to agree to the Texans trade demands.

The "fight" started because you called WSU a liar for saying just what you wrote - we don't know what teams offered what for Watson. I even wrote a post saying we knew 4 teams had offers accepted, but the DETAILS were unknown - and you dug in, started insulting people more and now were here and you are back tracking and playing victim again. Familiar pattern.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
...No one knows exactly what the trade demands were specifically...

There you go. From your own keyboard.

V
Legend
Legend
V
888 is lying yet again. I wish the Refs would step in and suspend him for his constant lies. I did not say a word to WSU until AFTER he called me a liar.

This is the crap that Memphis was referring to on the Player News thread. I do try and let a lot of 888's lies go, but if I don't say anything, people are going to actually believe his crap.

M
Legend
Legend
M
First WSU post:

Originally Posted by WSU Willie
Watson is a proven superstar. Multiple teams were willing to give up the 3 first round picks plus more in order to trade for Watson.

I don't think you have any idea what other teams were willing to give up to get Watson and you have no idea what kind of $$$ other teams were willing to throw at him. And IF you did, that would mean absolutely nothing because all that matters now is what he does as a Brown.

Watson is very likely to be better than Baker or Brissett in 2023 and beyond. Even in 2023 and beyond, the question will always linger....are the Browns better off with Watson? Or some other QB plus (3) 1st Rd picks, a 3rd and (2) 4ths and 230MM of guaranteed money?

He doesn't have to just be better...as that bar wasn't very high to begin with...but he has to be MUCH, MUCH better.

...The Browns haters don't want anyone else to...

Who in the hell are these "Browns haters" and how do you have any clue what they want...about anything?

Vers Calling him a liar:

Agreed. It's the Baker fans who can't admit they are wrong and are trying to find ways to trash Watson and the Browns. Take WSU's post for example. Dude lies and then calls me a liar. LOL........they are unreal.

My response:

Originally Posted by mgh888
1. No one knows what other teams offered HOU - that's a straight up fact.
2. Knowing that HOU ACCEPTED other offers (I think there were 4 teams in the mix) - in no way shape or form means that anyone KNOWS WHAT WAS OFFERED. We only know what Cleveland finally did trade. And we know what HOU was reported to have wanted.
3. Last point - we absolutely have no clue what-so-ever what teams offered Watson in terms of contract and $$$. Another straight up fact.

So WSU made a post that was 100% legit.

That's all there in this thread, in that order.

And here we have Vers throwing out names and calling people liars endlessly. I agree - I really do wish the Refs would step in.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/04/23 10:40 AM.

1 member likes this: WSU Willie
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well at least you finally admitted they weren't demanding three first round picks behind closed doors. And then you blame everyone else for it. Typical Vers.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
888 is lying yet again. I wish the Refs would step in and suspend him for his constant lies.

I'm certainly glad sane people run this board and not you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Lolz.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, he is the one who claimed Houston demanded 3 1st round picks. There's zero doubt about it and you provided undeniable proof of it. He also called WSU a liar after claiming he did not. I wonder if he feels he should be held to the same standard of being suspended that he says others should be held to when he claims they are lying? Even in this case where he's actually lying about other posters lying like he just did to you?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So "we believe" is what sealed it for you?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yes. I believe Rappoport's info over children squabbling on here.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
That and they rejected a trade a year prior that included three first round picks.....but yeah, they wanted less a year later.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...nd-three-first-round-picks-before-draft/

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
That and they rejected a trade a year prior that included three first round picks.....but yeah, they wanted less a year later.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...nd-three-first-round-picks-before-draft/

Deshaun Watson Worth 'At Least' 3 1st-Round Draft Picks in Trade, Per NFL Exec
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-round-draft-picks-in-trade-per-nfl-exec

"NFL executives believe Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson is worth at least three first-round picks on the trade market.

According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, an anonymous NFC exec said: "Oh yeah—he's worth at least that. The haul would be pretty insane."

Arguably the market was set two years prior.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
And some more.....

Multiple teams offered packages, including three first-round picks, for Deshaun Watson
https://www.nfl.com/news/multiple-t...g-three-first-round-picks-for-deshaun-wa

Again, one year before Watson was traded.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P

"We believe" isn't info. He doesn't even report it as being factual.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I know you don't like me, but thank you for posting that information. I wasn't lying. I don't lie and I have a long history of not lying. I might make a mistake, but I don't do it intentionally. I remember posting the particulars of this a long time ago. I haven't searched hard, but I did a couple of quick searches and did not see the Rappaport one or the Shefty one that I previously posted. Anyway, thanks again.

P
Legend
Legend
P
"NFL executives believe Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson is worth at least three first-round picks on the trade market.

According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, an anonymous NFC exec said: "Oh yeah—he's worth at least that. The haul would be pretty insane."

Ah, those pesky little non facts being posted as facts.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V

"We believe" isn't info. He doesn't even report it as being factual.

Why don't you post a link that only the Browns were willing to meet the Texans trade demands. You guys ask for links and then dismiss them when they are provided, yet you post nothing to support the claim that the Browns were the only team that satisfied what the Texans wanted.

Legend
Legend
Alright boys and girls; if you're trying to follow this somehow-ever-unfolding saga, here's what we know so far...

A bunch of teams wanted Watson, teams realize the quickest road to the promised land is an elite QB... Surprise, surprise.

A few teams were willing and able to ante up the insane assets required to get their foot in the door and negotiate.

The Browns were one of those teams.

Since the assets were deemed adequate, it's safe to say Deshaun was ready to choose a different team when the media proclaimed the Browns were "out".

Haslam Backed up a Brinks truck.

Deshaun said he wanted to play here all along.

Deshaun is a Brown with the richest contract in NFL history.

People are still arguing over who wanted him the most, who offered the most, how many teams were window shopping, how much he is really worth, etc, etc... None of that changes the timeline or course of events.

What is the point of all this??

3 members like this: jfanent, Hammer, PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

Ah, those pesky little non facts being posted as facts.

I don't know what you're trying to argue. Didn't the Texans say the price to even negotiate was a minimum of three 1st round picks? Straight from the horses mouth isn't factual enough??

V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree w/the money angle and that is why I NEVER brought that into the conversation. I don't know this for a fact, but it's logical to assume that the Browns offered Watson more money than the other teams, especially since he initially rejected the Browns.

My point all along was that multiple teams agreed to what the what the Texans were asking for. The Browns were NOT the only team to do so. I am fairly certain that 5 teams agreed to satisfy what the Texans wanted in return for Watson. I do remember something about the Browns and Texans sorting out the particulars after Watson did say he wanted to go to Cleveland, but I'm not sure what those particulars were.

What I want to make clear is that I did NOT lie about this and I'm sick of being followed around and being accused of doing so by the same few people day in and day out. I do realize that this was probably really hard for guys like you to follow since there were so many different posts. I'm just trying to make my position clear.

1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Why don't you post a link that only the Browns were willing to meet the Texans trade demands. You guys ask for links and then dismiss them when they are provided, yet you post nothing to support the claim that the Browns were the only team that satisfied what the Texans wanted.

You really have no idea how this works and love trying to turn the tables don't you? It was YOU who made the claim it took 3 1st round picks. You and nobody but you. NO statement was made in anything provided on this board that provides anything proving that. "We think and we believe" are not statements of fact. They never have been. Nobody said that it didn't take 3 1st round picks. Only that nobody has any way of knowing what the actual parameters were and what was offered by the other teams. It was you making the claim you did. And here I thought you had been an English teacher.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
I don't know what you're trying to argue. Didn't the Texans say the price to even negotiate was a minimum of three 1st round picks? Straight from the horses mouth isn't factual enough??

They made a public statement to that effect at the beginning of all of this. Nobody has any idea of what they were actually willing to take in the negotiations that took place behind closed doors. Every business deal has negotiations. And generally speaking, nobody pays the initial asking price for anything if they have a clue how to negotiate. As I said, there is no actual evidence that shows what all of these teams offered.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Oh, I know exactly how it works w/you guys.

P
Legend
Legend
P
In your own mind. You are the one who made the claim. Nobody else. The only thing anybody else said is you had no way to prove that. You did claim that the Texans would take nothing less than 3 1st round picks. Then you claimed you didn't say that. That's how it really worked.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I know I made the claim. I also know the 4 guys who acted like I was lying and would not let it go. Just wondering.........do y'all ever get sick of being wrong?

Legend
Legend

They made a public statement to that effect at the beginning of all of this. Nobody has any idea of what they were actually willing to take in the negotiations that took place behind closed doors. Every business deal has negotiations. And generally speaking, nobody pays the initial asking price for anything if they have a clue how to negotiate. As I said, there is no actual evidence that shows what all of these teams offered.

There is evidence, you just don't want to acknowledge it as such. You want to hide behind ambiguity because we don't have a spreadsheet with every team's offer. If the Texans said three 1st round picks was the price of admission, and five teams entered negotiations, you can bet that five teams offered three 1st round picks.

And generally speaking, supply and demand enters all negotiations. Limited amount of elite QBs, all teams want one = there isn't any real 'wiggle room'. If a house is listed for $250,000, and there are four other offers, you gonna bid 235? That doesn't show that you're savvy... that shows that you are dumb... and at the end of the day, the loser. You can call those that didn't lowball "clueless", but it just shows you refuse to apply common sense for the sake of more endless argument.

3 members like this: Hammer, Versatile Dog, MemphisBrownie
M
Legend
Legend
M
What is the point of all this??

The point is someone said we don't know what other teams offered for Watson. True statement. That poster was called a liar by the resident cancer.

Read my post in response to this original interaction. I even acknowledged and tipped my hat to it being known (widely reported) what Houston was asking and that 4 teams seemed to have made the cut so to speak - but that the actual/real DETAILS of what was offered and accepted was not known.

I've since been called a liar too - and generally much maligned by the cancerous one. And I realized what at least part of the issue is - when a poster has a disagreement with Vers and in their posts explains a position that either refutes or challenges Vers postion - he simply cries victim, starts calling everyone a liar and other names. Just look at the talk centered around the "Top 5" defense that Vers has mentioned many, many times in the last 2 years. When we dug a little deeper - it was top 5 in yards given up, 14th in points allows, 11th in DVOA. When all that was presented - Vers started name calling and deflecting and acting like a victim again. Shocker I know.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/04/23 01:35 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I know I made the claim. I also know the 4 guys who acted like I was lying and would not let it go. Just wondering.........do y'all ever get sick of being wrong?

Thus far you haven't proven anyone else wrong despite your grandiose claim to the contrary.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nobody stated any facts supporting what the offers of the other teams were. None. "We believe" isn't evidence of a fact. Sometimes people try to put things off as facts that were never presented that way. That's how they get fooled into believing things that aren't true.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
And generally speaking, supply and demand enters all negotiations. Limited amount of elite QBs, all teams want one = there isn't any real 'wiggle room'. If a house is listed for $250,000, and there are four other offers, you gonna bid 235? That doesn't show that you're savvy... that shows that you are dumb... and at the end of the day, the loser. You can call those that didn't lowball "clueless", but it just shows you refuse to apply common sense for the sake of more endless argument.

So exactly what did the losers actually offer again? Yeah, that's what I thought. After all that word salad you have no idea.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I hope this conversation ends soon, but Memphis actually posted reports from reputable news sources while others have not. I would not say he is the one talking out of his ass.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And those sources only said what they believe and think while giving no statement of facts.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, worst trade ever......Browns get Ernie Davis- give up a first and an all pro in Mitchell.....Davis never plays a down. One of the reasons NFL started combine/ physicals.....GO Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here are some all-time bad trades...Each posted below in it's own post

Pulled them from this link if you want to look at some of their other thoughts.
https://www.thesportster.com/football/top-15-worst-trades-in-nfl-history/

Last edited by Jester; 01/04/23 11:09 PM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Worst trade ever...

Link Copied to Clipboard