Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
They named Huntley because he's played half of Lamar's rookie contract. This will justify letting Lamar walk, watch and see.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Lol.

Could have at least named Brissett.

hahahahahahahahaha

Reason #1 why we should get rid of the pro bowl..... can't remember the last time I actually watched ANY of it... maybe 1996? who knows...

<><

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Just want to comment about the "Pro Bowl"...there will be NO GAME PLAYED as the NFL decided to make the Pro Bowl a SKILLS COMPETITION.

While I agree that Brissett is more deserving than the Ravens qb...if we take into account the fact that many believe Brissett does not have a future in Cleveland due to the expense involved in re-signing him...I don't know what the big deal is..?

There was no promotion of Brissett by the Browns franchise and if they rely on fan and player voting, Huntley might have received more fan and player votes than Brissett.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
V
Legend
Legend
V

M
Legend
Legend
M
Blaine Gabbert SZN!

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Nobody is happier to hear this than Rita Oak.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

I'm not going to believe it until week 1 when he is not on a roster.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
I think that he came back last year only because he needed something to take his mind off his divorce. I am fairly sure that he is done now.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
V
Legend
Legend
V

V
Legend
Legend
V
Joe Mixon arrested: Bengals star in trouble over 'aggravated menacing'

Henrique Bulio
Modified Feb 02, 2023 06:54 PM EDT

Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon has been issued an arrest warrant on a count of Aggravated Menacing, according to Mike Renner of Pro Football Focus.

The warrant for Mixon, 26, was issued in Cincinnati.

The arrest could've not come at a worse time for the running back, as his roster spot is in jeopardy for the 2023 season. The Bengals, who recently ended their season in an AFC Championship Game loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, need to save cash for Joe Burrow's new contract; releasing Mixon would open up to $10 million in the salary cap.

Mixon was drafted by the franchise in 2017 with the 48th overall pick. Although his talent as a first-round pick was undeniable, he fell in the draft because of a previous history of assault charges against Amelia Monitor. He reached a settlement with the women just six days before the draft; some teams removed him from their board entirely as a result of the incident.

He was given a chance by the Bengals, and became one of the most important players on the offense. The emergence of guys like Ja'Marr Chase and Tee Higgins alongside Burrow shifted the focus to more of a passing offense, meaning that his value to the team has diminished in the past two seasons.

UPDATE: According to Local 12, from Cincinnati, Mixon "allegedly pointed a gun at a woman and said 'you should be popped in the face. I should shoot you now. The police can get me."

The Bengals released a statement:

"The Club is aware misdemeanor charges have been brought against Joe Mixon. The club is investigating the situation and will not comment further at this time"What is aggravated menacing?

According to Ohio laws, aggravated menacing is a more violent type of threat than just menacing. "The prosecution must prove that you knowingly caused another person to believe that you would cause serious physical harm to their person, property, unborn child or immediate family."

It does not bode well for Mixon based on his previous actions. If his actions were directed at a woman, it's even worse. This would justify an immediate release by the Bengals.

Will the Bengals release Joe Mixon?
With the amount of money that can be saved in the salary cap, his roster spot is going to be a huge storyline in Cincinnati.

He was already a candidate to be cut following Samaje Perine's emergence in 2022. But now, his future with the franchise is bleaker. As much as he might be a good player with the ball in his hands, some things are just inexcusable. He's a serious candidate to be cut now.

According to Spotrac, the Bengals have the 6th-most cap space available in the NFL for the 2023 season, but one must consider the fact that Joe Burrow is due to receive a new contract this offseason. Cincinnati will try to save all the money it can.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/joe-mixon-arrested-bengals-star-trouble-aggravated-menacing

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 02/02/23 08:11 PM.
2nd String
2nd String
Joe Mixon arrested: Bengals star in trouble over 'aggravated menacing'

Henrique Bulio
Modified Feb 02, 2023 06:54 PM EDT

Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon has been issued an arrest warrant on a count of Aggravated Menacing, according to Mike Renner of Pro Football Focus.

The warrant for Mixon, 26, was issued in Cincinnati.

UPDATE: According to Local 12, from Cincinnati, Mixon "allegedly pointed a gun at a woman and said 'you should be popped in the face. I should shoot you now. The police can get me."

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/joe-mixon-arrested-bengals-star-trouble-aggravated-menacing
You can't fix stupid. Doubt any team touches him, he has a history of this type of stuff. That's why he dropped in the draft.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

This is important because there is no way the Raiders want the $40 million in guarantees to kick in. Thus far, the Raiders have not permitted Carr to talk to other teams. I support Carr in not making things easy for the Raiders by extending the date of the guaranteed money. The Raiders better get busy.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Charge against Cincinnati Bengals RB Joe Mixon dismissed

CINCINNATI —

An aggravated menacing charge against Bengals running back Joe Mixon has been dismissed.

The charge was dismissed at the request of the city's prosecuting office, saying there needs to be additional investigation before moving forward with the case.

The prosecutor's office said Cincinnati police has been in contact with the victim who they say understands the need to dismiss the case and the potential that it can be refiled at a later date.

The prosecutor's office said the victim wants to go forward with the charge if it is refiled.

The warrant has been recalled, subject to further filing by the city of Cincinnati, Judge Curtis Kissinger stated Friday.

The development comes less than a day after a warrant was filed, accusing Mixon of aggravated menacing following an incident with a woman in January.

Court documents said on Jan. 21 in the 300 block of Walnut Street, Mixon allegedly pointed a firearm at the victim stating, "You should be popped in the face, I should shoot you, the police can' get me."

The Bengals traveled to New York on Jan. 21 to play the Buffalo Bills for the AFC divisional championship.

Peter Schaffer, Mixon's agent, told WLWT Thursday that he expected the charge to be dropped.

"It was a rush to judgement. They're dropping the charges first thing in the morning. I really feel that police have an obligation before they file charges because of the damage that can be done to a person's reputation — to do their work. They should be held to a higher standard. Because I don't play with people's lives," Schaffer said.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/joe-mixon-bengals-charge-dismissed-aggravated-menacing/42759950

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
That didn't take long. LOL

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 02/03/23 06:19 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V

Legend
Legend
The situation in Baltimore may end being similar.

Maybe not this year. But Lamar may end up an auction piece.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The difference between a HC and an OC

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/play-6330be19e00109d

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
V
Legend
Legend
V
Back to "Player News."

Aaron Rodgers to consider future during darkness retreat

ROB DEMOVSKY
ESPN Staff Writer
3:42 PM ET3 Minute Read

Aaron Rodgers explains 'isolation retreat' to help contemplate NFL future.

Aaron Rodgers explains his plans to take a four-day darkness retreat to help contemplate his NFL future.

Aaron Rodgers hopes the darkness will help him see the light about his future.

The Green Bay Packers' quarterback said Tuesday on "The Pat McAfee Show" that he will embark on a four-day/four-night "darkness retreat" soon after the Super Bowl on Sunday.

"I've got a pretty cool opportunity to do a little self-reflection in some isolation," Rodgers said. "And then after that I feel like I'll be a lot closer to a final, final decision."

Rodgers, 39, said he has not decided if he will play in 2023, whether that's with the Packers or another team, amid reports that he could be traded.

"For sure; it's a real thing, 100 percent," Rodgers said of retirement. "That's why it's going to be important to get through this week and to take my isolation retreat and just to be able to contemplate all things my future and then be able to make a decision that I think is best for me moving forward and in the highest interest of my happiness and then move forward."

He said last summer that he had taken part in ayahuasca ceremonies that can produce hallucinations similar to the drug dimethyltryptamine (DMT). He said the darkness retreat does not include the use of ayahuasca.

"It's just sitting in isolation, meditation, dealing with your thoughts," Rodgers said. "It stimulates DMT, so there can be some hallucinations in there but it's just kind of sitting in silence, which most of us never do. We rarely even turn our phone off or put the blinds down to sleep in darkness. I'm really looking forward to it."

Rodgers said the retreat will be alone in the confines of a small house in an undisclosed location. He said meals are delivered, but otherwise there is no other contact with the outside world. However, he said he could leave at any point during the stay if he chose to do so.

Rodgers won the amateur portion of the PGA Tour's AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am in partnership with professional golfer Ben Silverman on Sunday. During the tournament, fans could be heard trying to convince Rodgers to play for their team. Among the teams believed to be most interested in Rodgers should the Packers trade him are the Las Vegas Raiders and New York Jets.

"I'm not a free agent, I'm under contract with the Packers," Rodgers said. "That gets lost in the conversation a lot. In years past, there's been a couple years where we got ousted from the playoffs by the Niners and then I went and played at Pebble and those years were very razzing, I would say, from the crowd. A lot of Niner yells and other various well-timed trash talk.

"This year was a lot more positive, I think. The sentiment was very positive, people wanting me to get traded to their team, and the Raiders fans were probably the most vocal and the most numerous."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ide-future-darkness-retreat?platform=amp

V
Legend
Legend
V

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I guess that unless you get the blessing of "the chosen one," posting an article that is in reference to new team rules for Russell Wilson and his Bronco teammates doesn't qualify as a post about player news. Always wanting to start a fight if it doesn't meet his agenda or slanted opinion.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I see Rodgers and Brady very much the same in at least one respect. They love attention and drama. At some point nobody will give a damn any longer. I look forward to that time.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by steve0255
I guess that unless you get the blessing of "the chosen one," posting an article that is in reference to new team rules for Russell Wilson and his Bronco teammates doesn't qualify as a post about player news. Always wanting to start a fight if it doesn't meet his agenda or slanted opinion.

"Sean Payton addressed the media after his introduction as the new head coach of the Denver Broncos and was asked about Russell Wilson’s personal coach in the locker room. Payton shuts down the idea of any outside coaches within the locker room next season, and Colin explains this is exactly what Wilson needs next season to get back on track."

So, you're saying a real coach would ban personal coaches, saying that's the difference between an OC and a HC (a set of balls, obviously), and then calling it player news?

Good stuff, Steve.

BTW, does Stefanski encourage personal coaches in the locker room?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
It does not matter the thread or topic.

Stretch and reach in any manner to try and slight KS.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Actually, it was a reference to the former HC Hackett that allowed that kind of crap and the new HC Payton. You guys are so sensitive, you think any comment whether about the Browns or not is a direct shot at our team. I don't know if Stefanski allows personal coaches in his locker room or not but your assumption I was referencing Stefanski is very interesting. Maybe those of you in the know can enlighten us since obviously what is happening in Denver with their players (Player - News) has hit a nerve here with some Cleveland fans.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Some posters don't care about context. Their only goal is to silence opposing voices.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Here's your context, Pit. Nobody is trying to silence anyone, quite the contrary. I'm enhancing his voice to show how ridiculous it is. Y'all can post away in every thread, about anything, for all I care.

Actually, it was a reference to the former HC Hackett that allowed that kind of crap and the new HC Payton. You guys are so sensitive, you think any comment whether about the Browns or not is a direct shot at our team. I don't know if Stefanski allows personal coaches in his locker room or not but your assumption I was referencing Stefanski is very interesting. Maybe those of you in the know can enlighten us since obviously what is happening in Denver with their players (Player - News) has hit a nerve here with some Cleveland fans.

I'm not sensitive, you haven't struck a nerve, don't flatter yourself lol. I find it humorous that you are so triggered by Stefanski.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
rofl tsktsk rofl I wasn't triggered by Stefanski - in fact - I'm not the one who even brought him up. Maybe you should really listen to the context of the report that clearly points out the difference a real HC makes.

Legend
Legend
steve it doesn't really matter anymore.

He is the HC till he is not.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Again, my post had nothing to do with Stefanski. This whole back and forth was started by your group and been a figment of your imagination.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by bonefish
steve it doesn't really matter anymore.

He is the HC till he is not.

Agreed.

I just hope his non-coaching shoulder heals this year, so he can coach better in certain areas.

Legend
Legend
rofl

1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
Well I have no group.

My imagination must be all over this Board then. Be honest with yourself. You know you have gone after KS.

No big deal. But don't pretend just own it.

You have every right to go after him if you wish. I rag you about it because you never stop. If dislike him as HC so what?

It makes no difference to me. I think you are wrong.

I have been wrong plenty about lots of football things. Been right as well. Kind of like being a HC or GM.

V
Legend
Legend
V

Who really started the fight? Who really is sensitive?

You posted this:

I responded with: "Back to Player News," and went to post articles about players--Rodgers and Carr. I didn't call you names. I didn't even call you out. I pointed out that "the difference between a HC and an OC" was not about players. It's about some who are good head coaches and others are not.

There are three names that keep coming up about why people are not posting or leaving the board. You, Pit, and 888. And I think it's a damn shame that we lost a quality poster like peen because of you guys and your constant hijacking of threads and starting fights that make having a reasonable conversation about the thread topic impossible. Then, you play the victim.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Then, you play the victim.

There is NOBODY on this entire forum that plays victim more than you.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Only 4 quarterbacks ranked lower than Carson Wentz on ESPN’s QB bargains list
Bryan Manning
Tue, February 7, 2023 at 6:44 AM EST

The Washington Commanders knew they were taking a risk sending multiple picks to the Indianapolis Colts for quarterback Carson Wentz. In addition, Washington would be on the hook for his entire 2022 salary of $28 million.

The Wentz experiment went as many expected it would go. He played in eight games, making seven starts, and Washington went 2-5 in the games that Wentz started.

Sure, the Commanders had offensive line problems in 2022, but Wentz’s presence often made those issues worse than if Taylor Heinicke or Sam Howell were under center. Wentz was sacked nine times in a Week 3 loss to the Eagles.

ESPN recently used analytics to break down which NFL quarterbacks were bargains in 2022 — and which ones were not. The way ESPN’s formula works, the more money you make, the more that is expected from you.

In addition to the formula, ESPN breaks the quarterbacks into tiers. The top tier is “Established starters not on rookie deals,” which means quarterbacks on their second contract or more. There were 15 quarterbacks in that tier, with Patrick Mahomes as the biggest bargain. Mahomes counted almost $31 million against the salary cap in 2022 and came in with 52.24 points over expected value.

Wentz ranked No. 11, with -59.14 points. Believe it or not, there were four quarterbacks ranked below Wentz in this category, and they were Russell Wilson, Matthew Stafford, Aaron Rodgers and Deshaun Watson. Watson, of course, missed 11 games due to a suspension and signed a controversial fully-guaranteed contract last offseason.

The next category was “Rookie-deal starters.”

Players such as Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert and Jalen Hurts were ridiculous bargains in 2022, playing on rookie contracts. All three are eligible for extensions this offseason.

Next up, there were “Journeymen quarterbacks.” Guess who landed here? That would be Heinicke. Considering Heinicke’s cap hit was $2.8 million, a lot wasn’t expected from him, yet he produced 17.37 points over expected total, which was No. 6 in this category. Geno Smith was a runaway bargain here.

Washington rookie quarterback Sam Howell wasn’t listed, as he started only one game for the Commanders in 2022.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/only-4-quarterbacks-ranked-lower-114437503.html

P
Legend
Legend
P
See what I mean? You didn't even post anything bout Stefanski yet the vultures still came in to feed.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Troll boy back to save the day...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Just stating the facts. Nothing he posted even mentioned Stefanski. Not one word. Who the trolls are based on that fact is obvious.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Will someone please show me where I mentioned Stefanski?

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Player News-continued

Link Copied to Clipboard