Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nobody mentioned anything about you doing that. Not everything is about you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You said vultures...

Is Bone the other vulture then?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
The picture paints itself. One poster said nothing in regards to Stefanski and others blamed him for doing exactly that and came in to feed. Then when someone pointed that out and how typical that is, claimed he was the troll. This isn't a puzzle I should need to solve for you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Same BS - just a different day.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
1 member likes this: bonefish
Legend
Legend
You two seem pretty butthurt.

So, just so I'm clear...

"The difference between a HC and an OC"

...had nothing to do with Stefanski. Even though you keep saying he is incompetent and that he's really an OC, not capable of being a "real" head coach?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Nobody is butt hurt. Just because people call out the obvious isn't indicative of how they feel. Actually I find it hilarious. Now you've resorted to playing connect the dots because there was nothing at all mentioned regarding Stefanski. I think thou doth protest too much.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
My bad, hilariously butt hurt.

Steve?

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
jc
This site has devolved to a Jerry Springer show.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
4 members like this: 3rd_and_20, bugs, archbolddawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Nobody is butt hurt. Just because people call out the obvious isn't indicative of how they feel. Actually I find it hilarious. Now you've resorted to playing connect the dots because there was nothing at all mentioned regarding Stefanski. I think thou doth protest too much.

That is how reading comprehension works. Take contextual clues and understand the deeper meaning in the words. Just because someone didn't literally use a word doesn't mean the context doesn't imply it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Comprehension means understanding what it written. Not making up what you think someone may or may not have meant in the words that were written.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FrankZ

That is how reading comprehension works. Take contextual clues and understand the deeper meaning in the words. Just because someone didn't literally use a word doesn't mean the context doesn't imply it.

The contextual clue was to watch the video where it was stated more than once that Payton's rules for the players showed the difference between a HC and an OC. No grey area, no assumption made, just a view of a HC taking control of a team that had lost control. This is an abrupt change for the players from what they were used to and contrary to popular belief, was player news. This thread doesn't denote Browns Player News. If fact, thru 8 pages on this thread - 43 different players not associated with the Browns have been mentioned. 9 different HC's have been referenced not associated with the Browns. 12 different teams not named the Cleveland Browns have been referenced. However, with my post about the Broncos you're trying to connect the dots and say it was implied? You need to get a life - that's just plain BS and you know it.

Legend
Legend
mmmm Roadkill.

Who doesn't like roadkill especially pressed and flat squirrel my favorite.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Comprehension means understanding what it written. Not making up what you think someone may or may not have meant in the words that were written.

So you only pedantically read only the words written to understand what people say? We both know that is not true just like we both know you are going to fight about it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Along w/announcing the HOFers last night where our own Joe Thomas was inducted, NFL Honors took place. Here are the winners and a feel-good moment. Impressive night for the Jets.

MVP: Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes

Offensive Player of the Year: Vikings WR Justin Jefferson

Defensive Player of the Year: 49ers DE Nick Bosa

Coach of the Year: Giants' Brian Daboll

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Jets WR Garrett Wilson

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Jets CB Sauce Gardner

Comeback Player of the Year: Seahawks QB Geno Smith

Walter Payton Man of the Year: Cowboys QB Dak Prescott

Damar Hamlin steals the show

It's only fitting that the Bills safety headlined the event with a surprise appearance, after his late-season on-field collapse rightfully overtook every NFL headline until his recovery. Bengals and Bills trainers, as well as University of Cincinnati medical personnel, received a standing ovation for their efforts in saving Hamlin's life onstage at the NFL Honors. But Hamlin was living, breathing evidence of their service -- and answered prayers -- as he proclaimed himself an example of God's plan to inspire.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...in-surprise-appearance-steals-show/live/

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Yep. That was special...

P
Legend
Legend
P

So you only pedantically read only the words written to understand what people say? We both know that is not true just like we both know you are going to fight about it.

What we know is people reach preconceived conclusions based on their predispositions and then try to present it as factual.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yes! It's the other posters' predispositions!

rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
It certainly is. Many of you have labeled steve as a hater so anything he posts in automatically taken in that context. People connect dots they have created in their minds to read anything and everything he posts as something nefarious. And here you are trying to do that exact same thing with me. The difference is I don't really care what any of you think about me. All I do, is consider the source.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And Steve's reputation proceeds him, duh.

So when he has a post "Real coach, not just an OC" in the Player News thread, what do you think many would perceive that to mean?

Not that hard, but continue your crusade.

Get your last word. I'll just follow protocol and like your post. That we you can win and we can quit polluting this thread.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You do understand that "we" is plural and you, as well as many others are no less guilty of it than those you point fingers at.

He's showing the difference in the role of a HC verses an OC.

And let me give you another example that works in reverse. Something being floated around. It's about how Eric Bieniemy may take on the same role as OC for another team in the NFL. Teams I've seen mentioned are the Ravens and Commanders. But I wondered why in the world would he leave such a successful franchise of winning to take the same job elsewhere? I mean that's a lateral move and not a HC position that he's been interviewed for in the past?

The reason that was given is because it's perceived that all he is doing is running and teaching Reid's system. That he isn't really doing anything that other teams would see as innovative or of his own creation in Kansas City. That if he wants to make an impression on other teams in becoming a HC he will need to go a team with a defensive minded HC, install and succeed in actually being what people see as a traditional OC.

Now it would be easy to try and tie that into some subliminal message about the Browns. And one could certainly draw a comparison to Van Pelt as to how it fits in a similar description in regards to circumstances. But it's not. It's a different team, different people in a city far from Cleveland.

But you do you.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Back to Player News for a moment.

V
Legend
Legend
V
More from the NFL Honors night. This is really special.

NFL Honors celebrates group that saved Bills' Damar Hamlin

11:55 PM ET
Alaina Getzenberg

While NFL Honors is mostly about celebrating the league's top stars, the crowd at this year's event saved some of its biggest applause for the heroes who too often go unrecognized.

The medical and athletic training staff of the Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals and some of the staff from the University of Cincinnati Medical Center that saved Bills safety Damar Hamlin's life were recognized on stage Thursday night at Symphony Hall in Phoenix.

Hamlin then joined them on stage and received an ovation of his own.

"Every day I am amazed that my experiences could encourage so many others across the country and even across the world," Hamlin said. "Encourage to pray, encourage to spread love, and encourage to keep fighting no matter the circumstances. Sudden cardiac arrest was nothing I would have ever chosen to be a part of my story, but that's because sometimes our own visions are too small even when we think we are seeing the bigger picture.

"My vision was about playing in the NFL and being the best player that I could be, but God's plan was to have a purpose greater than any game in this world."

Hamlin collapsed on the field and suffered cardiac arrest during the first quarter of the Buffalo Bills' Week 17 game at the Bengals on Jan. 2. The game was postponed and ultimately canceled.

Bills assistant athletic trainer Denny Kellington, who received a fifth-place vote for the NFL's MVP award from ESPN's Suzy Kolber, performed life-saving CPR on Hamlin. The people brought on stage Thursday night represented a portion of the medical personnel, first responders and more who played a role in saving Hamlin's life. Hamlin thanked everyone on stage with him and all those who supported him, adding, "The journey will continue."

Hamlin stayed at UC Medical Center for almost a week after the medical emergency. He then flew back to Buffalo, New York, and spent about two days at Buffalo General Medical Center/Gates Vascular Institute, before being discharged Jan. 11.

During his speech Thursday night, Hamlin shared that he met an ICU doctor on his third night awake at UC Medical Center. The doctor shared that he had a similar experience and showed Hamlin that he was now OK.

"There was so much uncertainty at the time, and just him coming to me, showing that I could live a normal life again, it meant so much to me in the moment," Hamlin said.

He then went on to thank the doctor and everyone else on the stage with him, as well as those who prayed and hoped for him.

Hamlin was recognized at NFL Honors a day after receiving the NFLPA's most prestigious award, the Alan Page Community Award. His parents, Mario and Nina, were alongside him to receive the award from the NFLPA.

Hamlin's Chasing M's Foundation raised more than $9 million in the days after he went to the hospital, with the money largely going through GoFundMe for a toy drive that had an initial goal of $2,500. Giving back to kids and the community in his hometown of McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania, just outside of Pittsburgh, has been one of Hamlin's priorities.

"My entire life I felt like God was using me to give others hope and now with a new set of circumstances, I can only say he was doing what he's always done," Hamlin said. "I have a long journey ahead, a journey full of unknowns and a journey full of milestones, but it's a lot easier to face your fears when you know your purpose."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...n-first-responders-celebrated-nfl-honors

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

What we know is people reach preconceived conclusions based on their predispositions and then try to present it as factual.

So people use what other people have said in the past to color what they say now? Yes, that's what reading comprehension and contextual clues are all about. Finally you understand something, but you will still argue it.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Great stuff guys. Enlightening, entertaining.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

This is a little long to post all the text on here, but if you click on the tweet, you will find a really nice story about Martin Emerson and his path to the NFL. It's worth the read.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's just the usual off season drama Rodgers loves to create. [satire]Rumor has it he is eating shrooms in his darkness retreat to help him decide whether to retire or not.[/sarcasm]

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It's just the usual off season drama Rodgers loves to create. [satire]Rumor has it he is eating shrooms in his darkness retreat to help him decide whether to retire or not.[/sarcasm]

Wonder why he does that..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't think the Packers really want him back, TBH.

Legend
Legend
They should trade him while they can get a return.

If Love can play now is the time to find out.

Legend
Legend
Carr refused the trade to the Saints.

That is is interesting. I wonder what will happen with Michael Thomas?

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Not sure where to put this, but didn't want to start a new thread. I remember him being known as the dirtiest player in football. Some regarded that as a compliment...LOL

P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
The Raiders avoided a big cap hit, but they got nothing for Derek Carr while the Browns got picks in return for the likes of Case Keenum and Baker Mayfield. Ouch!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Browns began making their offseason roster moves on Tuesday.

The NFL’s daily transaction report shows that the team has released linebacker Jordan Kunaszyk.

M
Legend
Legend
M

That JAX WR room seems pretty solid if he gets reinstated. I forgot they had him on the roster.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
The Raiders avoided a big cap hit, but they got nothing for Derek Carr while the Browns got picks in return for the likes of Case Keenum and Baker Mayfield. Ouch!

Mayfield > Carr. Stop being ridiculous.

V
Legend
Legend
V
You forgot to use purple.

O
Legend
Legend
O
You wish. Can't wait to see him rub your nose in it some more. Good times.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Player News-continued

Link Copied to Clipboard