Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Mary Kay Cabot
@MaryKayCabot
#Browns have released DT Perrion Winfrey after he reportedly threatened a woman with a gun Tuesday night. Details coming soon.

he had a heck of a career here

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Ravens will sign him all but guaranteeing his Gold Jacket.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
he could get another shot somewhere, but he was literally nothing but problems from the moment he was drafted and barked

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
What a dolt...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
So many Browns fans bought into his stupid barking hype
Video after he got drafted.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper

That original draft press conference w/ Nathan Zegura was cringy.

Tackles are tackles.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
And Berry's draft busts continues

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

How about the Browns analytics draft team that failed to investigate Winfrey's history...Depo and Berry drafted Winfrey...but he did run a 4.8/40.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Official

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
yeah there was a lot of smoke about his off the field stuff prior to the draft

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mac

How about the Browns analytics draft team that failed to investigate Winfrey's history...Depo and Berry drafted Winfrey...but he did run a 4.8/40.

They did.....as did other teams. Which is why he fell to the fourth round.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
The available veteran interior lineman search begins.

Matt Ioannidis is still available, I think.

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted by mac

Another excuse for the Browns analytics draft team....

Those "OTHER TEAMS" that passed on Winfrey...they probably did their homework.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Ioannidis would be great

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted by mac

Another excuse for the Browns analytics draft team....

Those "OTHER TEAMS" that passed on Winfrey...they probably did their homework.

I'd suggest continuing to concentrate your analytics outrage towards earlier round guys like Wills, Delpit, Newsome, and JOK than day three draft picks.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Just a passing comment from Jason Lloyd.....who I consider one of the best here in town.

I read this as there were other issues on top of this that may have not been public or as serious, but part of a larger picture re: Winfrey.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
A clear case of the message not getting through.

Winfrey was given numerous chances to fix his head.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate."

This means someone else will get a chance. The worst kind of draft failure. Thick as a brick.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Does this really surprise anyone that Winfrey has finally been cut?

Why did Perrion Winfrey fall so far in the 2022 draft?
"Teams were worried he could have positive tests and suspensions in the pros. They also did not like his inconsistent play where he was a huge liability against the run and really struggled as a run defender in college. Between his makeup and inconsistent play, Winfrey's slide was not surprising to team sources." (walterfootball.com)

Clearly a swing and miss by the Browns.

I'm guessing the next missed draft pick on the cut room floor will be Schwartz.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
yeah there was a lot of smoke about his off the field stuff prior to the draft

Smoke about off field stuff seems to be a new requirement.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
After the latest news I agree on cutting PW. We don't need any added distractions. I feel he has talent but it's not worth the trouble. Unfortunately, it's a position we are trying to strengthen. We'll have to look for another player or 2 at DT.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm so shocked by this. rolleyes

cue tweet about Anthony Schwartz next

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
After the latest news I agree on cutting PW. We don't need any added distractions. I feel he has talent but it's not worth the trouble.

This is the part I find rather troubling. Are you saying that a constant disruption and such behavior is somehow acceptable based on how much talent you have? That character only matters depending on how talented you are?

Sadly, as much as it pains me to admit it, I think you're right so please don't take this as some attack. I just find it troubling that this is the way it seems to be. And I am interested to try and have someone explain to me why you can excuse terrible character on the part of one player and have a double standard with other players. It certainly portrays a huge double standard and the appearance that when push comes to shove, the top brass makes examples of lesser players in an attempt to BS people into believing that character actually matters to them while embracing and excusing those with more talent. So it's not really about what you did, but who you are.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by steve0255
Does this really surprise anyone that Winfrey has finally been cut?

Why did Perrion Winfrey fall so far in the 2022 draft?
"Teams were worried he could have positive tests and suspensions in the pros. They also did not like his inconsistent play where he was a huge liability against the run and really struggled as a run defender in college. Between his makeup and inconsistent play, Winfrey's slide was not surprising to team sources." (walterfootball.com)

Clearly a swing and miss by the Browns.

I'm guessing the next missed draft pick on the cut room floor will be Schwartz.

I wouldn't call it a swing and miss. It was taking a flyer. A gamble on a long shot.

I bought a few tickets on tonights Powerball. If I don't win, I wouldn't call it a swing and a miss.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: GMdawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
After the latest news I agree on cutting PW. We don't need any added distractions. I feel he has talent but it's not worth the trouble.

This is the part I find rather troubling. Are you saying that a constant disruption and such behavior is somehow acceptable based on how much talent you have? That character only matters depending on how talented you are?

Sadly, as much as it pains me to admit it, I think you're right so please don't take this as some attack. I just find it troubling that this is the way it seems to be. And I am interested to try and have someone explain to me why you can excuse terrible character on the part of one player and have a double standard with other players. It certainly portrays a huge double standard and the appearance that when push comes to shove, the top brass makes examples of lesser players in an attempt to BS people into believing that character actually matters to them while embracing and excusing those with more talent. So it's not really about what you did, but who you are.

It is quite inspiring to think that the Browns would draw the line in the sand on chasing a woman with a gun (or bruising another's wrist) after openly accepting the sexual assault on 23 women by another player. My suggestion to Winfrey is to immediately try to come to some kind of financial settlement with the women and everything will be water under the bridge.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

I wouldn't say it makes it acceptable. It does give people a few more chances.

The bottom line is the kid is just a thug from the hood. Has been and never tried to change that.

It is what it is. We gave him a chance and he screwed it up. No big surprise.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Couldn't get thru the silly season, ie no adult guidance. Made nearly $900,000 last year--wonder how much he's owed this year.....can't be much- sad he thought he'd made it.....another bust from the hood.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Pit I'm not taking your response as an attack not at all. However, your response did make ne think about it a little more. If PW was an all pro for us the last few years I don't believe he would have been cut. As a matter of fact, I don't think we as fans would want to see him cut. There have been instances on other teams, 2 in our division, where very important players got in some serious trouble and nothing happened. So yes, I believe there is a double standard for more talented players as opposed to those with less talent in any sport not just the NFL and yes, it is troubling.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 07/19/23 02:58 PM.
1 member likes this: lampdogg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks for the honest and candid response.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Just an idiot we’ll soon forget about. Had a great opportunity to, at worst, build a nice little nest egg for his future, instead he blows it.
See ya.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Good bye dumb ass!

Money in his pocket and he thinks he is a Gangsta, brandishing a gun and not what. Oooo he showed those girls how inportant he is.
Chance after chance and he just blew it.

Good bye!
Im telling you all Maurice Hurst is going to kick ASS!!!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
ten cent brain syndrome

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It's sad. Some of us wish we had the talent of these athletes and the opportunity to make the money that goes with it.

Legend
Legend
He was given extra chances. Once you trash the opportunity after you've been told what is expected of you. I don't have any regrets about showing him the door. He forced their hand.

He has some talent. He might have been able to develop.

Unfortunate.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by eotab
Good bye dumb ass!

Money in his pocket and he thinks he is a Gangsta, brandishing a gun and not what. Oooo he showed those girls how inportant he is.

Good bye!

I think Hurst is a sleeper. This guy was good when he played, just hurt too much. Maybe he is healthy now, if so, he is pretty good

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
Some guys think they are all that, only to find they are not.

I do hope that the Browns start looking at character more. We had that other DL, who went to jail ......and an assortment of guys who are talented, but will never make it in life, let alone the NFL.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
The Browns should have cut him after the domestic violence incident back in April.

Winfrey screwing up....again, is the least surprising news this offseason.

There's a room vacancy now at The Greenbrier!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Ed and Peggy Gallek on the case....

Legend
Legend
well he didn't last long...

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
Originally Posted by eotab
Good bye dumb ass!

Good bye!

I think Hurst is a sleeper. This guy was good when he played, just hurt too much. Maybe he is healthy now, if so, he is pretty good

That is the only question. He has only played 2 games the last 2 season, so he should be good, but you never know.

We have some money. I don't think we can rest on what we have. Too many caution flags.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Release DT Perrion Winfrey

Link Copied to Clipboard