4B in cap space!

[Linked Image from media3.giphy.com]
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: JimDawg
Legend
Legend
milk, I think it's gonna happen soon

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's an obvious mistake but it's pretty funny.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
@Jake_Trotter
told us that there was a practice last week where Cade York didn’t make a single kick for 30 minutes

Reading the above account of York not making a single kick in 30 minutes..it this is true and not an exaggeration, I'm wondering if York was doing all he could to make sure the Browns cut him.

York is from northern Texas and signing with the Titans puts York close to home.

Let's see if his kicking suddenly improves...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nashville is 664 miles from Dallas. The only people that think that's "close to home" own their own private jet.

Then there's the fact that if and when a player is cut, they have no idea which team will pick them up.

How hard did you have to try to come up with this far fetched scenario?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mac
@Jake_Trotter
told us that there was a practice last week where Cade York didn’t make a single kick for 30 minutes

Reading the above account of York not making a single kick in 30 minutes..it this is true and not an exaggeration, I'm wondering if York was doing all he could to make sure the Browns cut him.

York is from northern Texas and signing with the Titans puts York close to home.

I don't know. I don't think he would do that to get to Tennessee.

If his family is going to games, they probably fly, and Cade is probably paying. Tennesse is a long state and Texas is a big state. The drive from Nashville to even Dallas is probably about 11-12 hours, real driving time, not some mapquest estimate.

If north Texas means Lubbock or Amarillio stat adding 3-4+ hours.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Not a big Njoke fan. He's ok, but has been living on the potential promise for a long time.

Last year was a pretty good year for him, so maybe the worm has turned.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Not a big Njoke fan. He's ok, but has been living on the potential promise for a long time.

It does wonders when targets increase 51% in one season (2021-2022) and 176% since 2020.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Legend
Legend
I wonder if Chubb had any captain votes

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Hayden Grove
@H_Grove
·
44m
The Browns have named their 2023 captains:

Deshaun Watson
Joel Bitonio
Anthony Walker
Myles Garrett
Charlie Hughlett

P
Legend
Legend
P
Last year there were multiple team captains named. I'm not sure if they've all been announced yet. Last year they were Myles Garrett, Nick Chubb, Joel Bitonio, Anthony Walker Jr. and Charley Hughlett.

#gmstrong
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
I feel bad for John Kelly Jr, dude always plays his heart out in the preseason every year, only to be cut and maybe make the practice squad. He deserves an opportunity to ball.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
@Jake_Trotter

If his family is going to games, they probably fly, and Cade is probably paying. Tennesse is a long state and Texas is a big state. The drive from Nashville to even Dallas is probably about 11-12 hours, real driving time, not some mapquest estimate.

He's from just north of dallas. Nashville is about halfway home from Cleveland. That theory makes about as much sense as the fake blood clots.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Every year he gets a shot....and comes up short- no dishonor there, just ain't good enough......I found it interesting
NFL.com has us picked for FOURTH in the division.....our history makes it a good call.....but, dang, I sure hope we make lots of these so called experts STUPID.....GO Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
He's from just north of dallas. Nashville is about halfway home from Cleveland. That theory makes about as much sense as the fake blood clots.

jfan...what the hell are you talking about...who said anything about fake blood clots...?

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by mac
@Jake_Trotter

I don't recall who reported the 30 straight misses, but this sounds like something made up. Does anyone know who reported it and is that person considered reliable?

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by mac
@Jake_Trotter

Your mean you wouldn't sabotage your own career as a starting kicker in the NFL, take about an $800k pay cut going from your original rookie contract on the active roster to a practice squad deal all so you could save about an hour of flight time to get back home to exciting Prosper, TX?!? tongue

2 members like this: jfanent, FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac

jfan...what the hell are you talking about...who said anything about fake blood clots...?

Maybe I should have used quotation marks.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by hitt
Every year he gets a shot....and comes up short- no dishonor there, just ain't good enough......I found it interesting
NFL.com has us picked for FOURTH in the division.....our history makes it a good call.....but, dang, I sure hope we make lots of these so called experts STUPID.....GO Browns!!!

Similarly... I expect us to be top 2 this year... but frankly, I'd rather be the underdog...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
@Jake_Trotter

Dawson was cut three times the year before he came to the Browns by three different teams. Did he suddenly get better because he came to Cleveland?
Our current kicker was Drafted by Buffalo in 2013, and cut by them in 2014. He then moved on the Saints and was cut again. Then signed with Washington and stuck as their kicker. Now would you say he and Dawson kicked better because when they went to Washington and Cleveland because of where they played, or because they like most kickers take time to adjust and learn how to be a NFL kicker.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
L
Legend
Legend
L
Btw GM or anyone, is John Kelly Jr. on the PS or did we cut him?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
We cut him. As of today he is unemployed still.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Btw GM or anyone, is John Kelly Jr. on the PS or did we cut him?

I like John Kelly and thought he should have been elevated last season. At this point, there is no real upside to keeping him on the practice squad. He has had his chance and for whatever reason couldn't crack the 53 roster. It's time to filter in some new guys and see where that goes. If they don't make it in a couple of years, bring on the new crop.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
Agreed, I just couldn’t find anything on him and every site I perused said he was still a Brown. Thanks got the clarification.

Last edited by lampdogg; 09/01/23 06:21 AM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by mac
@Jake_Trotter

I don't recall who reported the 30 straight misses, but this sounds like something made up. Does anyone know who reported it and is that person considered reliable?

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Frenchy
Originally Posted by mac
@Jake_Trotter

Thanks for posting. I have no idea if that is true or not, but if I just listened to this for the first time and didn't know it was from a "sports reporter" this sounds like some of his drunk biddies told him this.

Again, could very well be true, but it reminds me of a time our HS girls' BB team beat a very weak team about 90-10 and on the way out one of their fans stated to another that they would win 5 of 10. Meaning, it sounds like guys (his friends, not trotter) with an agenda making exaggerated claims. I noticed his term that his friends said " I don't think he has made a FG, in like 30 minutes".

If I was at that practice and noticed he missed maybe 5 in a row, I would actually start counting until he made one, so I had a number. It just sounds exaggerated.

Not that Cade shouldn't have been released but be real.

1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
It does seem very outlandish and if true I would have thought it would have been a much bigger story than this.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not saying this is true, but if he had a 30 period when he didn't try any kicks, it could accurately be described as 30 minutes without making a single kick. JS

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Thanks for posting. I have no idea if that is true or not

That's as true as the easter bunny, tooth fairy, and my good looks.

P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by GMdawg

So the X poster wasn't true or my "hypothesis" wasn't true.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Ward is not a that huge a loss, the pass D improved when he was not in the game last year.
When he was in the game the offense kept picking on him by throwing to the guy he was covering,
... in one game.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

I'm not a big fan of him either. He's a decent player, but that's about it. I've always thought that his ego is bigger than his actual playing ability. However, he did make that great TD catch in preseason a game or two ago so maybe that might be an indication that he may very well be worth all that money this year? We shall see.

T
Legend
Legend
T
From the media group, a good beginning of the season @uestion, about the team,

What are you most certain of about the team,

What are you least certain of about the team, and

What do you most have to see to find out, about the team.

I'm the most certain that the Head Coach, is going to ruin trying to coach this talent, on gamedays and be the reason for a lot of unhappy game nights for at least more than a third, probably a half to more than half of the many losses ahead will be the coaches inability to get points b/c of boneheaded coaching decisions.

I'm 2nd most certain they had better Rb's behind Chubb, before they tried to rely on Ford and Strong.

.....ss
I'm least certain that the Browns can defend the pass, with anywhere near the ability they had in the past couple of years, when they were doing it well, in the past couple of years.
They don't any longer have Greedy, they don't have Troy Hill, they don't have R. Harrison, they waived A.J. for a guy named Khaleef, who we know nothing about,
I think they could be a great big colander / spaghetti strainer, in the pass defense, ... and I think that was Forseeable.

and we can blame the coach and GM , b/c , they could have addressed it in the last ten months.

I'm most have to see and find out if the team can achieve anything other than 4th place in the Div, at any point of the upcoming year.

AND WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY, what an opportunity to begin the year,

TIED FOR FIRST PLACE IN THE DIV.
TODAY

and I'm the most tired of hearing from Mary K, that Ogbo' Okronkwo is anything.

Ogbo, isn't anything of a factor, isn't going to be anything special on gamedays.
Ogoo is just a guy.

The Browns have a plethora of players who are all 'Just a guy'.

JOK, Myles, CB Ward, Teller, coach Kevin, and they have a ton of guys who are fragile unreliables,
Forbes, Nick Harris, J. Ford, J. Elliott, Greedy for 2 years, wr Schwarts J Phillips, the final 3 are not on the team anymore, but they had been, and for a while.

And they might have focused on the middle of the DL, but, what about the outside edge of the run defense? Run D of the "around the outside edge" plays?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

So the X poster wasn't true or my "hypothesis" wasn't true.

I'm saying he never kicked field goals for 30 minutes without making one on that day or any other day he was with the Browns. It didn't happen. I have no clue for sure who is making it up, but somebody sure as hell is. Be it Trotter, or somebody else.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I'm saying he never kicked field goals for 30 minutes without making one on that day or any other day he was with the Browns. It didn't happen. I have no clue for sure who is making it up, but somebody sure as hell is. Be it Trotter, or somebody else.

GM...so you admit that you "have no clue"...even though the source is credited to Jake Trotter...

@Jake_Trotter

Should Browns fans believe Jake Trotter...or YOU, gm...?

Like I said, if true, that Cade York did not kick a good field goal for a period of 30 minutes of practice, he might be doing his best to punch his ticket out of Cleveland...

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes Continued…

Link Copied to Clipboard