Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
P
Legend
Legend
P
I would be willing to wager he doesn't sit out the next two games. They wanted to sign a RB who was ready to roll. If you're interested PM me.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I would be willing to wager he doesn't sit out the next two games. They wanted to sign a RB who was ready to roll. If you're interested PM me.

I don't think we need to wager anything. he may be in shape but, he is definitely not in football shape. He will need time to be the best version of himself and get used to contact again. He will be definitively be on a pitch count the first week.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-statistical-review-week-2-team-tiers-dropback-outcomes-2023

This has some really interesting charts that paint a very accurate picture of what we've seen in 2 games so far. Very interesting. Having played a Bengals team that didn't seem like they were going at full speed yet and a weak Pit team, I expect the defense to regress a litttle from where they are at the moment statistically and in comp to the rest of the NFL ... but they are definitely a stand out at the moment, rushing and passing.

The one thing that stands out to me is just how bad our Passing Offense is given how bad the two Passing Defenses are that we've faced.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

looks like I should take that bet LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

I don't think we need to wager anything. he may be in shape but, he is definitely not in football shape. He will need time to be the best version of himself and get used to contact again. He will be definitively be on a pitch count the first week.

LOL It's like Stefanski took the words right out of my mouth

P
Legend
Legend
P
I would say you're probably right about him having a pitch count for the first week or two.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hardly any of the players around the league are in football shape

Due to the rule changes that allowed them

Weak practices

Irritates the heck out of me !

2 members like this: DawgPound75, JimDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They wanted to sign a RB who was ready to roll. If you're interested PM me.

Pit ! You ready to roll ?

What jersey number you wearing ?

I can see you tearing it up

smile

2 members like this: bbrowns32, GMdawg
Legend
Legend

LOL It's like Stefanski took the words right out of my mouth

Of course he looks in better shape. He has dropped 10 pounds and is down to 206 (he was 216 last year) As I said when we let him go. It looked like he lost a step last year, this is his way of being able to hit the hole quicker.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

smile

I wear #73. What number do you wear?

#gmstrong
2 members like this: DeisleDawg, FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

smile

I wear #73. What number do you wear?

I'm following you !

1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
Browns -2.5 this Sunday against the Ravens.

Tackles are tackles.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns need to win this game a lot more than it will probably feel like.

some of the keys will be field goals, the field goal kicker, the Browns Field goal kicker and being able to kick field goals.

Another key will be having the better TE on the day, getting better play out of your TE than the ravens get out of their TE's
because it is an AFC North game.

The Ravens WILL limit your number one WR, and throwing will not be for easy completions because,
if anyone has been paying attention or been even
alive for the past 20 years they'll know, the Ravens always do that to the Browns.

the team that wins the AFC North usually has the best TE. more often than usually.

If the Browns lose to the Ravens at home, they likely will not make the playoffs in any way, b/c it will be even more difficult to beat them in the 2nd game, on the road, if you lose to them in the first game, at home, therefore,
you'll likely get swept by the Ravens and be no better than 2 and 3 in your div going into week I8 at cincy and at that point, you'll likely miss the playoffs.

It' would be WAY easier to get the win, this week at home, if trying to keep up in the div. because
the steelers aren't going away as long as the league remains an unfair league.
Which means
The Browns desperately need to win this game just as much as they did need to win the opener, and last week, and week 2.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
1 member likes this: myka
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
For those who like play breakdowns. This is good.

Legend
Legend
Aaron Wilson
@AaronWilson_NFL
#Browns to work out offensive tackle Chim Okorafor per a league source
@KPRC2

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
The Vikings signed him on August 14th and then waved him on August 25th.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The latest issue...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I think the achilles heal on our Browns is the O-line. If we stay relatively healthy we should be OK but any serious injuries and we will be in trouble. JMO

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 09/28/23 04:05 PM.
Legend
Legend
I keep hoping that Wills comes around. I am not seeing it.

It is a shame because he has the physical capability. I don't see the consistent effort. He will win a play. Then look lazy.

Something is missing in him. Overall his weakness is not catastrophic. If he can be average we will be ok.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed Bone. You'd think he would be working hard so he would get a better contract. Doesn't seem to have much incentive.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I'm Glad Wills is the Tackle, b/c he's loads better than Hudson currently.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Better at this point in time, but not loads better.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Dov Kleiman
@NFL_DovKleiman
·
34m
The Lowest QB rating allowed by Safeties in the NFL entering Week 4 (min. 9 targets):

1) #49ers Talanoa Hufanga - 8.3
2) #Browns Grant Delpit - 28.5
3) #Cowboys Jayron Kearse - 35.8
4) #Panthers Vonn Bell - 36.2
5) #Falcons Jessie Bates - 37.5
6) #Bills Micah Hyde - 39.2

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Dov Kleiman
@NFL_DovKleiman
·
34m
The Lowest QB rating allowed by Safeties in the NFL entering Week 4 (min. 9 targets):

1) #49ers Talanoa Hufanga - 8.3
2) #Browns Grant Delpit - 28.5
3) #Cowboys Jayron Kearse - 35.8
4) #Panthers Vonn Bell - 36.2
5) #Falcons Jessie Bates - 37.5
6) #Bills Micah Hyde - 39.2

Interesting. #s 4 & 5 were the 2 starting safeties the Bengals let go after last season.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Delpit has had a great start to his season.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
his whole thing will just be staying healthy

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm wondering if the Browns should try moving Wills to RT (Natural position) and Jones to LT (Played last year at tOSU)that may solidify the edges better.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by KashDawg
I'm wondering if the Browns should try moving Wills to RT (Natural position) and Jones to LT (Played last year at tOSU)that may solidify the edges better.

...Did Jones play some LT? I don't remember much of it if so. Paris Johnson held down the left side as I recall.

I think more reps where they are at will have better results in the short term (this season.) Preferably with somebody figuring out how to consistently motivate Jed/allow Jed to maintain internal motivation. I do think his issues are more of the yips variety than physical ability. I don't think switching sides would correct that but might just give him one more thing to get lost in his head about.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kash, I think that ultimately happens. The question is: Is that an in season move or an off season move?
I think we keep the status quo through this season then they flip sides during the off season
Just my speculation

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
I could be wrong but I am thinking out loud.

RT for a right-handed quarterback was the side that the qb looks as he sets up. The LT was always considered the blind side. So, the better tackle with better technique and pass blocking skills played there. Once at LT the kick foot is your left foot.

The RT everything is reversed. However, today it is about matchups from the defensive side. TJ plays from the right side. Myles moves back and forth.

Both tackle positions today require the same skills. It is a matter of reps and comfort. Wills has the tools to play both positions. The issue is consistency. He is now used to LT. If he remains a Brown. I would guess he remains at LT.

Jones is a new guy. He is proving that pass blocking is his strength. He is learning the running game.

Wills most likely moves on from the Browns. My guess is Jones becomes the LT. He seems to be a quick study. His length and quick feet are a problem for pass rushers.

Hudson will play RT and Jones moves the LT.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have never understood the RT for a left handed Qb is the same as a LT for a right handed Qb.

Yes, both protect the blindside which is more important because the Qb cannot see the backside rush. However, technique is different. Everything is reversed. You move in opposite directions, 1st step is with the opposite foot, primary punch is with the opposite arm. You can learn to do both but switching should not be considered easy and the ability to do so should not be assumed. Many have been successful but as many or more have failed.

JMO

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's reversed but not different. Still only those with the best skill sets, mobility and footwork will play the OT positions. I certainly do agree with you that success certainly is not insured when you have to retrain a player to play in the opposite direction. Muscle memory is not always so easy to retrain.

But you will always play your most talented OT to protect your QB's blind side whether you have a right handed or left handed QB.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
I could be wrong but I am thinking out loud.

RT for a right-handed quarterback was the side that the qb looks as he sets up. The LT was always considered the blind side. So, the better tackle with better technique and pass blocking skills played there. Once at LT the kick foot is your left foot.

The RT everything is reversed. However, today it is about matchups from the defensive side. TJ plays from the right side. Myles moves back and forth.

Both tackle positions today require the same skills. It is a matter of reps and comfort. Wills has the tools to play both positions. The issue is consistency. He is now used to LT. If he remains a Brown. I would guess he remains at LT.

Jones is a new guy. He is proving that pass blocking is his strength. He is learning the running game.

Wills most likely moves on from the Browns. My guess is Jones becomes the LT. He seems to be a quick study. His length and quick feet are a problem for pass rushers.

Hudson will play RT and Jones moves the LT.

I think Wills will be here next year. Currently, I imagine they'll stay on the sides they are on. A lot can change in a year, though.

I also think Jones' "quick feet" are somewhat misleading. He's being described that way by lots of people. Yet, there's an important caveat that is easy to forget. He has quick feet for his size. We'll see how he holds up as teams get more film on him in this offense. He could keep holding up, but again, we'll see. Sample size still isn't that big for Jones at this level yet, and the line has been "exploited" elsewhere. If those issues get cleaned up, we'll have to see where the next "pressure point" is looked for.

If we're going to be mostly in shotgun, LT and RT distinctions are less important. There isn't as much of a blind side when the "vision cone" starts further back. In some ways, Jones actually creates blind spots with his size, so maybe the "backside"/LT will ultimately be his ideal position.

I also think there's a pretty good group of OTs supposed to be in this upcoming draft, so that will likely be a factor in who ends up where going forward.

Being something of a "mad scientist" type, I actually wouldn't be against moving OL around more so they don't develop a dominant side. That would have to start earlier than mid season and preferably at a lower level of football, though. Training "ambidextrous" OL would allow the offense to potentially exploit matchups in the trenches.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
So far Jones has been good in pass protection. It takes time to learn how defenders will come at you. How guys like TJ will set you up for future moves.

Jones does not seem to have a problem staying in front of his man. Using his arm length to keep the defender off him.

I remember when Hubbard played RT against TJ and got ruined. TJ was past him before he moved. Jones having played basketball is used to moving his feet. His upside is really good as a pass blocker.

Run blocking is different. Bodies are moving. You are trying to get to a place. His size may work against him in run blocking.

Usually guards are the guys who pull. Guys who are faster in space.

We know Callahan by reputation. Bitonio as a veteran leader. You would think that Jed is getting plenty of direction. We forget Wills is just 24.

So I am not ready to pull the plug on Jed ---yet.

Legend
Legend
I think we've all played with those players that get advice, get talked to, are given patience, etc ... have a lot of talent ... but just don't have the fire

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Njoku now questionable for tomorrow after suffering burns at home CBS is reporting!

Legend
Legend
sounds like he'll play

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Watson out today with sore shoulder.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by steve0255
Watson out today with sore shoulder.

The restof the team decided to take the game off as well. crazy

Our OL has gone from elite, to crap.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes Continued…

Link Copied to Clipboard