Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
So depending on Ford's injury, we might be signing a new RB

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Well, I guess we won't be seeing Deon Jackson play for us!!! LOL

Legend
Legend
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Browns’ RB Jerome Ford - who left Sunday’s win over the Colts with an ankle injury - was diagnosed with what a source described as a “low grade, high ankle” sprain that is expected to sideline him 1-to-2 weeks.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
With this news and the Browns releasing Deon Jackson, there must be someone they are targeting to trade for or sign soon.

Legend
Legend
thats my thought too Milk

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't know that he'll do better here than with the Jets, but Stefanski has some familiarity with Dalvin Cook.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

If we are going to look for a back to pick up cheaply, I wouldn't mind looking into Antonio Gibson from Washington (especially for a late pick swap) He has great speed, and is a good-really good outlet back for our piss poor QB play. He also is a good kick returner, though I'm not sure if he returns punts (where DPJ is not the answer) Gibson isn't going to make us forget about Chubb, but I think he would do well in our platoon...and he's still only 25 years old...though his fumble tendencies surely could be scary. But I think he could be obtained rather cheaply.

Legend
Legend
great call tru .. Gibson would be a nice addition. He's underused there

1 member likes this: tru_dawgs
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
great call tru .. Gibson would be a nice addition. He's underused there

Thanks 4life, I can't see us really bringing in a big name/big contract guy...and I think a back who is a proven outlet back, would be good news to any of our QBs...and anyone with proven return experience would be a welcomed addition...And Gibson does have a 1k rushing season under his belt, so he has shown to be more than just a receiver.

Legend
Legend
no doubt about it ... he's fallen out of favor there for some reason but he'd be a really nice pickup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

A RB? Look no further than re-acquiring D'Earnst Johnson....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So depending on Ford's injury, we might be signing a new RB

he's out for a few weeks

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think we are going with Strong and Hunt for a few weeks.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
I think we are going with Strong and Hunt for a few weeks.

This is probably the most probable outcome, keeping those two while probably obtaining a RB off of someones PS...or a street free agent for a few weeks until Ford is back.

Legend
Legend

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Brad Stainbrook
@StainbrookNFL
·
8m
Per ESPN: #Browns have a 58.1% chance to make the playoffs.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by bonefish
Priefer is no longer with the Browns.

# 31 equals the passer rating.

Your idea of playing calling is subjective. And the fact is inaccurate as well.

PJ Walker completed an 80 yard drive to win a game when only a TD would do it. Capped by a great call on fourth down.
Repeat that sentence. Understand who PJ Walker is.

But obviously that is not enough for you.

Face it, the mob blames him when the Browns lose and swear it's despite him when they win. The dye has been cast. The Browns gave up 38 points in that game and he still doesn't get any credit. That speaks volumes.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
HOWEVER, Stefanski *IS* the Head Coach, so as much as it falls on Woods, it also falls on Stefanski since the Captain is responsible for everything that happens on his ship. That is the situation he has chosen.

So by that very same logic, does that mean you're also giving Stefanski credit for the Browns having the #1 defense this year? Or are you blaming him for Woods performance and not giving him credit for Schwartz?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: bonefish
O
Legend
Legend
O
People defending Ski’s play calling and game management are lying to themselves. Same with DW being elite IMO. We’ll see.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
HOWEVER, Stefanski *IS* the Head Coach, so as much as it falls on Woods, it also falls on Stefanski since the Captain is responsible for everything that happens on his ship. That is the situation he has chosen.

So by that very same logic, does that mean you're also giving Stefanski credit for the Browns having the #1 defense this year? Or are you blaming him for Woods performance and not giving him credit for Schwartz?

Purp has it right. The buck stops with Ski in all coaching concerns.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Familiar face and unfortunate fumbler, Jordan Wilkins, rejoining the team...

Legend
Legend
his issue this preseason was fumbling. Let's hope that doesn't rear its head

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Familiar face and unfortunate fumbler, Jordan Wilkins, rejoining the team...

Super Bowl!

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
hmm, surprised we didn't go with John Kelley Jr to our practice squad, he played way better than wilkins in pre-season and plays hard at least

Legend
Legend
so there's really no update for Watson ... he's nowhere close IMO. He looked really bad this past Sunday, so I wouldn't trust putting him back out there for weeks

M
Legend
Legend
M
so there's really no update for Watson ... he's nowhere close IMO. He looked really bad this past Sunday, so I wouldn't trust putting him back out there for weeks

I would hope PJ Walkers takes all the reps in practice this week and they don't waste time with Watson.

Also, the back in forth between Watson's personal QB coach, Quincy Avery, and Brady Quinn in the comments under the Schefter's tweet escalated quickly!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man

I would hope PJ Walkers takes all the reps in practice this week and they don't waste time with Watson.

Also, the back in forth between Watson's personal QB coach, Quincy Avery, and Brady Quinn in the comments under the Schefter's tweet escalated quickly!
I saw that too. Just a dumb look all the way around. This probably won't end well.

But you're right: we need to just give PJ every ounce of attention now

Legend
Legend
See, Bro-

that right there is why I still call him "Ray."

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
1 member likes this: GMdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
PJ Walker's stats YTD:

O TD's 3 INT's 1 fumble and a 50% completion ratio

I don't think we can keep winning with Walker.

1 member likes this: vadawgfan07
L
Legend
Legend
L
no amount of polish will make the turd that is PJ walker serviceable. They need a backup, its been clear since the baltimore game, we've done nothing. That kind of tells me the FO is punting this season and ownership is ok with it and anything above that is just gravy.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F

A question I want to ask the posters who claim that both Berry and KS are incompetent is; if they are that bad, we must have the worst talent and equally worst coaching. How in God's name are we 4-2 with no talent and can't coach.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

A question I want to ask the posters who claim that both Berry and KS are incompetent is; if they are that bad, we must have the worst talent and equally worst coaching. How in God's name are we 4-2 with no talent and can't coach.
Mostly schwartz, and having a few zebra's on the payroll is paying dividends

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
it's about time lol

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Yes it is about time for a bit of honesty and clarity...Watson is not capable of playing due to his shoulder injury and it is time for the Browns to give Watson the time needed to see if his shoulder will heal.

Now, the entire team can focus on doing what they need to do to pick up the slack and remain focused on winning.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

Mostly schwartz, and having a few zebra's on the payroll is paying dividends

Excellent insight. I can rest easy now that I understand the inner workings of those who feel both the front office and head coach are incompetent. Any insider info on how much we had to pay those refs?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
Yes it is about time for a bit of honesty and clarity...Watson is not capable of playing due to his shoulder injury and it is time for the Browns to give Watson the time needed to see if his shoulder will heal.

Now, the entire team can focus on doing what they need to do to pick up the slack and remain focused on winning.
yeah, truthfully the players and coaches have to act like Watson is invisible and pour all efforts into helping Walker ... game plan specific, play to his strengths, etc

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes

Link Copied to Clipboard