Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
New signature line after visiting the Gameday thread.... sheesh.

You should see all his posts about Garrett. One of the most dominant defensive players of our generation, a HOF talent, and this guy thinks he's nothing but a 1 move loudmouth.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: JimDawg
Legend
Legend
we missed Jim D yesterday

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted by EveDawg
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

My favorite play.

Word. That's football.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Some miscellaneous random thoughts, since most have covered various highlights:

- Something I'm interested in, however we probably won't know the real reason. (this is a good thing) What got into our players attitudes this game? Was it a coach or player speech? Did a Ravens player tell a Browns player a Yo Momma burn? We see some celebration and etc in games. However, the team played like bullies yesterday. Tillman had a pancake block where he stood over and taunted Van Noy. Teller had a pancake block on #99 and Hudson stood over top of him flexing. Ford had the hard hit on LJ by the sideline. I really don't remember seeing our players with so many taunts/flexing over a block...and I don't have a problem with that. Though, while it was happening I was laughing but also yelling - the play is still going on!

- I don't remember seeing this many games in a row where a D-lineman from either side bats a ball for an int (or in last weeks case an offensive TD)

- Watson had some big time throws, one I want to highlight is 2nd and 19 2:22 left in the game down 31-30. DW with a 17 yard completion to Cooper to make it a manageable 3rd and 2. Big time throw, big time moment.

- The Ravens drive after the fumbled punt by Proche was annoying as hell by the Refs with the penalties. We stopped them! No. TD Ravens! No. Interception Browns! No. The frustration of all the up and down emotions, I was to the point where I said out loud, just give them the damn TD so we can move on with the game already.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Legend
Legend
I've seen a lot more balls batted by DL too .. it must be an emphasis by DC's. It's almost like they want them volleyballed up

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
The best part about the "tush push" or the "scrum" was tiny Elijah Moore in there pushing and Hudson's reaction after.

Really awesome to see the toughness and resiliency of the team. It's fun to root for a team like that.

We have legit tough, not soft guys on this team both mentally and physically in Hunt, Njoku, Cooper, Delpit. I think they are great culture setters and instill toughness in the rest of the team.

I have not understood the Ford criticisms to date as he has been really really solid. Now all of a sudden people want to sing his praises. Guy has been really good all season. Not perfect, not Chubb, but a real NFL running back. I think people lose sight of that.

100% blessing in disguise the extra point was missed. Browns would have played for OT.

My cousins were complaining about Myles before those back to back sacks. His PFF grade.was meh. But I thought he looked more explosive than ever coming off the ball. The issue is he sometimes guesses pass when it's run and you can run straight at his gap. Those back to back sacks were huge. He's making so many game impacting plays this year. He's being talked about today as MVP. Not DPOY but MVP. Well deserved and it's awesome to see the best players make the best plays when it matters most.

Division is there for the taking. I don't think Schwartz or Stefanski will let the team get ahead of themselves.

A lot of sports radio today was about how the Ravens gave the game away. For the first time since 1999 Browns have a legit good team. The 2020 covid team caught lightning in a bottle. This is different.

I love how I didn't see any kids in the locker room and how Stefanski DID NOT give them today off.

Onward. Let's win the division.

4 members like this: 3rd_and_20, jfanent, JimDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I noticed Moore pushing the pile as well. I know he has taken a lot a grief, but I want to re think that now.

Hudson gets a lot of grief as well, but he and Teller were in the middle of it. Botino got a few more yards once he joined.

I did not see players as much as a team that was willing itself to win. Playing hard, all out.

Same with the reaction to the missed XP by Hopkins. Numerous players approached him and I guess their words were you saved us before, now we will give you a chance for redemption… or something like that.

Hopkins got his chance and the Raisins lost.

I did not like the Ford stat bashing of last week, and thought he played well.

There is a difference between giving a game away and getting beat. The Raisins got beat by a better performance by the Browns.

Remember the Jets game last year? That was a give away.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

L
Legend
Legend
L
You’re off the fire the coach train? Off the Watson stinks train?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend

My favorite play.

That pile was beginning to stalemate until Bitonio threw his big ass into the mix.
Watch the 'momentum change' when he got in there...

Browns showed right then that they wanted it more.
Elves earned that win.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: Swish, 3rd_and_20
Legend
Legend
If ever there was a game that was earned.

That Ravens game was it.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: jfanent
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
that was one of my favorite plays.. its why you need big WR in the run game too.. I can't stand Van Noy and it made it even sweeter, and then he looked even worse trying to start something because he got laid out and picked up an unsportsmanlike.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F

I loved seeing that Raven get his clock cleaned. Really glad Tillmann didn't stand over him and "taunt" him after for a penalty. Also loved it when he headbutted Tillmann for a 15 yard penalty.

Legend
Legend
I truly understand his perspective.

The only thing I can say is: don't suffer before it is necessary because it is wasted suffering.

I will wait for the game to be played.

I am not into predicting games. Seems pointless to me. Games by nature are designed to go either way. That is what games are and why they are played. That is why we pay to watch them because you don't know the outcome.

I never buy that you are supposed to win. Why? Is some supreme being who controls outcomes supposed to favor you?

You win because on that day you were better than the opposition.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

My favorite play.

That was all on our guards, too. Watch the pile after Teller hits it, and then watch it again after Bitonio hits it.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I heard we can get a sixth rounder for that kind of play
naughtydevil

P
Legend
Legend
P
I heard that he would first had to have a season catching for over 800 before they would give a sixth rounder for him.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

Njoku wins the angry run of the week

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by The Collector
all divison affair next week. Ravens v Bengals, Browns v Steelers...

Ravens, Browns, and Steelers all 6-3, Bengals 5-4

so by end of next week, one team will be 7-3, one team will be 6-4, and there's potential for the other two teams to be 6-4 or 7-3 and 5-5
unless ties... and that would make this even funnier

I'm almost scared for the Bengals. Ravens are going to eat them alive after their loss.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Hopefully, the Bengals can punch them in the nose too. We’ll see.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by dawglover05

My favorite play.

That was all on our guards, too. Watch the pile after Teller hits it, and then watch it again after Bitonio hits it.

Here are the numbers of the Browns players who were involved in the play that I call "The BIG PUSH"...#s- 34, 85, 19, 8, 64, 66, 77, 55, 75, 2 & 4.

I had to rerun the video a few times to identify all the Browns players who were involved in that play and I was able to identify all 11 players on the offensive unit. Any more numbers and the Browns could have been flagged for too many players on the field.

IMO, that play was symbolic of the type of effort the Browns needed to win the game...it took the entire team..!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, Hope he was coached HARD for his STUPIDITY. We could have EASILY gotten a taunting call- small things matter and as a 3rd round BUST so far, he sure as heck shouldn't gloat because he FINALLY contributed......GO Browns!!!

The TEAM should fine him for STUPIDITY.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
hitt #2042573 11/14/23 04:28 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It was brief he looked down at him as he was stepping over him. Not really taunting.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Kyle is amped up!

Legend
Legend
It is an act that has turned into something from the circus.

hitt #2042577 11/14/23 05:07 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by hitt
JMHO, Hope he was coached HARD for his STUPIDITY. We could have EASILY gotten a taunting call- small things matter and as a 3rd round BUST so far, he sure as heck shouldn't gloat because he FINALLY contributed......GO Browns!!!

The TEAM should fine him for STUPIDITY.

Watch it in real time. It was very quick.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask

I heard we can get a sixth rounder for that kind of play
naughtydevil

The Browns have been on the receiving end of a few blocks similar to the hit that Tillman made on the Ravens #50 without a penalty being called.

Many of the replays show a slow-motion version that makes the play look like Tillman was taunting, but if you watch the replay done at regular speed, Tillman stands over #50 for a second and begins to look for someone else to block. Had Tillman continued to stand over Mr Raven and not began looking for someone else to block I could understand a flag for taunting.

Also, Tillman made a good block, getting his head in front of the Raven with his helmet on the front side of #50s shoulder pad. I thought the official made a good "no call" given the situation...jmo

mac #2042584 11/14/23 06:23 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
Maybe Tillman was afraid he knocked him TFO, you know, showing concern for a peer. 😂

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Maybe Tillman was afraid he knocked him TFO, you know, showing concern for a peer. 😂

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: lampdogg
mac #2042586 11/14/23 06:41 PM
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by mac
Originally Posted by dawglover05

My favorite play.

Here are the numbers of the Browns players who were involved in the play that I call "The BIG PUSH"...#s- 34, 85, 19, 8, 64, 66, 77, 55, 75, 2 & 4.

I had to rerun the video a few times to identify all the Browns players who were involved in that play and I was able to identify all 11 players on the offensive unit. Any more numbers and the Browns could have been flagged for too many players on the field.

IMO, that play was symbolic of the type of effort the Browns needed to win the game...it took the entire team..!

Is that Clowney running in after the play is over,? Where was he? That play took forever so maybe he went into the locker room to take a leak when Ford was first hit, came back out and saw it still going forward.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by lampdogg

lamp...I didn't consider that..Tillman might have been showing concern for a fellow Union Member.

mac #2042592 11/14/23 07:26 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
I was being sarcastic, mac. But you could be right. Although he was probably surprised he brought some noise to Von noy

gmstrong

-----------------

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I was being sarcastic, mac.

lamp...me too..just being sarcastic.. thumbsup grin

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by leadtheway
that was one of my favorite plays.. its why you need big WR in the run game too.. I can't stand Van Noy and it made it even sweeter, and then he looked even worse trying to start something because he got laid out and picked up an unsportsmanlike.

If it wasn't, it was very close to a blindside block, and should have received a flag for taunting.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Can't recall if this was mentioned, but kudos to Ogbo Okoronkwo for the getting his hands up on that tip to allow the Greg Newsome Pick 6.

The dude has been worth EVERY penny so far.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Can't recall if this was mentioned, but kudos to Ogbo Okoronkwo for the getting his hands up on that tip to allow the Greg Newsome Pick 6.

Okoronkwo has been outstanding. I actually think Lamar bounced that pass of his helmet, making this the third game in a row in which the Browns have had game-changing plays doink off helmets.

Legend
Legend

He has been a MASSIVE boost; a force multiplier.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Ogbo has been absolutely awesome. Great signing.

As has Tomlinson, Smith, Hurst, and Harris.

And how about the development out of nowhere of Elliot. Seems like a light bulb went off.

I think Berry is doing an awesome job personally. See weakness, fix weakness.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Overall Berry has done a fine job.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 33 Ravens 31 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard