Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
FATE #2053419 01/06/24 04:48 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by FATE
They have? I haven't seen that border bill. Please explain.

I'm curious as to, IF the republicans blocked 13 billion to hire 6000 employees (I mean, that'd be 2.2 million per employee I think) now - why, with the same staffing as under the previous president, why the huge increase in illegals?

E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
The reason they blocked it is because Dems stuffed a bunch of pork in it. Typical libtards.

No Craps Given
FATE #2053421 01/06/24 04:54 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Bill? You do understand that a president can't write a bill, correct? It was an emergency funding request by The White House to hire more help combat the surge at the border......

Customs and Border Protection encountered more than 300,000 migrants illegally crossing the southwest border in December, according to multiple reports, setting an all-time monthly record. That was up from around 240,000 encounters in the first two months of the fiscal year. Biden has requested $13.6 billion in emergency funds to hire nearly 6,000 immigration and border security-related employees at DHS and the Justice Department as part of a larger package that would also provide tens of billions of dollars in foreign assistance.

https://www.govexec.com/management/...-staffing-surge-white-house-says/393089/

It's a very long article that shows how rather than help address what Republicans themselves state is an emergency, not only have they refused to do so, they have packaged all of their border demands with funding both Israel and Ukraine funding into their border demands.

If you wish to see a bill actually introduced just like I do, maybe you should hold congress responsible to write one rather than make the issue a political football.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg
The reason they blocked it is because Dems stuffed a bunch of pork in it. Typical libtards.

What pork? What are you speaking of?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Let me explain. When you have surge of people arriving, it takes a surge of people to help stop it.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Here's how it sounds when they say the quiet part out loud.....

GOP Rep Says the Quiet Part Out Loud About Border Crisis

“Let me tell you, I'm not willing to do too damn much right now to help a Democrat,” Rep. Troy Nehls said of his support for a new border deal.

Although Congressional Republicans are currently pushing for immigration policy changes as a precursor to aid for Ukraine, one GOP representative admitted Wednesday that he’s not keen on supporting any legislation that would benefit President Joe Biden politically.

“Let me tell you, I'm not willing to do too damn much right now to help a Democrat and to help Joe Biden’s approval rating,” Rep. Troy Nehls (R-TX) told CNN. “I will not help the Democrats try to improve this man’s dismal approval ratings. I'm not going to do it. Why would I?”

Nehls said he is in favor of an immigration bill that passed the House last year in a party-line vote, and which has yet to be taken up by the Senate.

"Chuck Schumer has had HR 2 on his desk since July. And he did nothing with it,” Nehls said of the bill, which the Biden administration opposes, claiming it “would cut off nearly all access to humanitarian protections” and “does nothing to address the root causes of migration.”

HR 2 would restart construction of the border wall, enact harsher punishments for those who overstay their visas, and lessen the number of those granted asylum.

Nehls’ comment was reminiscent of his stated motivations for pursuing an impeachment of Biden, as told to USA Today last month: giving Donald Trump “a little bit of ammo to fire back” if he is the GOP’s nominee for president.

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer, likewise, boasted last spring that Trump’s polling numbers were benefiting from his investigation into Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-r...FV_wyaKGX9vy2AA8rH-_aACbPK9Xi6K9kyHN61Lg

Their motivation isn't to fix the border. Their motivation is "my way or the highway" and owning the dems. From their own mouths.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
No pit you don’t apply more bandaids, you stop the bleeding. Ever heard of that truthism, “when you find yourself in a hole over your head, the first thing you do is stop digging”. Well, we need to stop digging. When a looney lefty governor like newsome trumpets that he will provide free health care for illegals that gets around to people and here they come. When we educate kids of illegals here they come. When they take jobs for less money than an American would want to do the job , here they com. First step is deal with the problem we face at the border, then eliminate the incentives.

E verify would be a great start. Large fines to employers who use illegals would be great. Lots of other things to do. But it will take both parties working together and as long as you lefties are ok with the situation it will be tough to get anything done.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Bill? You do understand that a president can't write a bill, correct? It was an emergency funding request by The White House to hire more help combat the surge at the border......

Customs and Border Protection encountered more than 300,000 migrants illegally crossing the southwest border in December, according to multiple reports, setting an all-time monthly record. That was up from around 240,000 encounters in the first two months of the fiscal year. Biden has requested $13.6 billion in emergency funds to hire nearly 6,000 immigration and border security-related employees at DHS and the Justice Department as part of a larger package that would also provide tens of billions of dollars in foreign assistance.

https://www.govexec.com/management/...-staffing-surge-white-house-says/393089/

It's a very long article that shows how rather than help address what Republicans themselves state is an emergency, not only have they refused to do so, they have packaged all of their border demands with funding both Israel and Ukraine funding into their border demands.

If you wish to see a bill actually introduced just like I do, maybe you should hold congress responsible to write one rather than make the issue a political football.

Ahhh... so you meant the 110 BILLION package to fund wars with the emergency border funding used as troll bait to show the GOP doesn't want to help fix Biden's border disaster.

Gotcha.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bills originate in the House of Representatives
Reublicans have been in control of thre House for 2 years now
How many bills have they written to address the border issue?
Do nothing republicans

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #2053435 01/06/24 06:28 PM
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/2/text

This bill has been sitting in the senate going nowhere.
Do nothing libtards.
Flaccid Biden has had 4 years to do something about the border and he failed.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's all the pork in it that's holding it back

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
What does Newsome have to do with Biden? It's odd how first the finger was pointed about all the pork in Biden's request. Then it was aid to Ukraine an Israel as the reason they denied his request. The funny thing is, they're willing to give him ALL of that if only they can set all of the rules. It's nothing more than a power play by the Republican House.

And Fate, thanks for showing the increase in immigrants was already under way while trump was still president. Speaking of troll bait.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
"Already under way". 🤣

Hasn't it been "already under way" since 1776??

FATE #2053766 01/08/24 11:51 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I know the fact that the huge increase in these border crossings began under trump does not fit your agenda but once again, thanks for pointing that out. And yes, immigrants have been coming here all along. They've been the targets of blaming our nations ills on for generations now.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Joe Biden's border... Unmitigated. Disaster. Abject failure of epic proportions. You could pick a twelve-year-old off the street, explain the problem, and see better results towards an actual solution. Period.

Worst disaster "presided over" (I use that term loosely) in our lifetimes.

No matter how you dice, slice, move the goalposts, the fact remains. But keep banging the drum, I'm sure
I speak for all in saying we enjoy the entertainment. 🤣

FATE #2053798 01/08/24 02:53 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You set the goal posts. I'm just pointing out what your goal posts have shown. I think thou doth protest too much. Maybe if Republicans would have approved the money for more border patrol agents, more immigration judges and more technology on the border much of this could have been averted. But as I posted, at least one Republican representative made it clear by saying out loud what I'm sure most of them feel without saying. That they didn't want to help Biden fix the border because it would make him look good. As he said, "Why would I want to help him?"

But sure, just gloss over all of that.

BTW- It's hilarious when people such as yourself claim to "speak for all". The 2020 elections proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that you don't.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Flippin prison razor wire, four rolls deep, and atop miles of shipping containers hasn’t stopped s.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Then why is Sleepy Joe fighting and fighting to have it removed?

Inquiring minds want to know.

FATE #2053809 01/08/24 03:20 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Build that wall!

Maybe because they just crawl right under it?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

FATE #2053831 01/08/24 04:40 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh, you have memes! rofl

#gmstrong
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
The problem is, once they illegally enter they are allowed to stay. Throw their asses back in mexico.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess if you wish to break U.S. asylum laws. But then I understand how you would think laws don't actually mean anything. Once an immigrant applies for asylum they are entitled to a hearing. If republicans would fund enough money to hire more immigration judges and more border patrol agents it would help speed up the process.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Hold on. You mean enforce the laws in the first place instead of acting like they don't work?

Seems extreme.

Meanie.

FATE #2053838 01/08/24 05:23 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
So ignore our asylum laws?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Nope. Just don't hide behind them. Individual must supply evidence at the border before granted entry.

Why? Because Joe has created the worst immigration disaster in the history of our country planet. Tough times call for tough measures. There's no other way out of this mess. Some people will have to wait in line.

I bet most of them leave. I mean, afterall, hordes of those "fearing for their lives" are now begging to go back to Mexico after seeing how bad NYC sucks. They can't be that terribly scared, can they?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Can you apply for asylum if you enter the US illegally?

Yes, seeking asylum is legal. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to request the opportunity to apply for asylum. "There's no way to ask for a visa or any type of authorization in advance for the purpose of seeking asylum,” says Byrne.

https://www.rescue.org/article/it-legal-cross-us-border-seek-asylum

A president can't re-write immigration laws no matter how much you carry on that those laws which were written in 1980 are Biden's fault.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Can you apply for asylum if you enter the US illegally?

Yes, seeking asylum is legal. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to request the opportunity to apply for asylum. "There's no way to ask for a visa or any type of authorization in advance for the purpose of seeking asylum,” says Byrne.

https://www.rescue.org/article/it-legal-cross-us-border-seek-asylum

A president can't re-write immigration laws no matter how much you carry on that those laws which were written in 1980 are Biden's fault.

So, just let them come here illegally?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once they cross the border and enter the country they can apply for asylum. I didn't write those laws. I don't agree with those laws. But those are our asylum laws. They were written back in 1980. The only thing trump had going for him that helped him temporarily sidestep that was Covid. It was determined that Covid created a national health emergency which permitted those laws temporarily be circumvented due to the national health emergency. Once Covid was no longer a national health emergency those protections ended. People that wish to blame Biden for everything simply don't wish to explain any of that. They don't want to tell you that it was nothing more than a special set of rules due to a national health emergency which allowed trump to keep those numbers down. That state of emergency ended in May of 2003. Immigration numbers have been soaring ever since then.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
2003 eh?

Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from media2.giphy.com]

Goalpost successfully reerected. Today's chicanery is like a cross between strawman and Whack-A-Mole. This is fun!

FATE #2053869 01/08/24 09:09 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

Heed the fear mongering of the great white overloard. Didn’t Elon come up in South Africa during apartheid? Imagine that, him warning others about brown people invading the country HE IMMIGRATED TO.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/08/24 09:10 PM.
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
Once they cross the border and enter the country they can apply for asylum. I didn't write those laws. I don't agree with those laws. But those are our asylum laws. They were written back in 1980. The only thing trump had going for him that helped him temporarily sidestep that was Covid. It was determined that Covid created a national health emergency which permitted those laws temporarily be circumvented due to the national health emergency. Once Covid was no longer a national health emergency those protections ended. People that wish to blame Biden for everything simply don't wish to explain any of that. They don't want to tell you that it was nothing more than a special set of rules due to a national health emergency which allowed trump to keep those numbers down. That state of emergency ended in May of 2003. Immigration numbers have been soaring ever since then.

That's not true. Saying it was just covid is ignorant at best. Biden rolled back A LOT of Trump's immigration restrictions. He opened the border wide for illegals.

https://cmsny.org/biden-immigration-executive-actions/

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Real life or South Park episode??

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg

That's not true. Saying it was just covid is ignorant at best. Biden rolled back A LOT of Trump's immigration restrictions. He opened the border wide for illegals.

https://cmsny.org/biden-immigration-executive-actions/

At least we aren’t seeing children being separated from parents and put in pens.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
FATE #2053910 01/09/24 12:19 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Goalpost successfully reerected. Today's chicanery is like a cross between strawman and Whack-A-Mole. This is fun!

Yes, after you posting the chart you posted showing the surge on the border started well before trump left office and watching you play the denial game about that is hilarious. I don't even think you realized when you posted it that all you did was prove the surge was already underway while trump was president. But thanks for that.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Look at the chart FATE posted. The immigration surge began well before trump left office. It wasn't "just Covid restrictions". But if you can't look at that chart and see that the surge increased rapidly after those restrictions ended, then you may need to see an optometrist.

#gmstrong
FATE #2053912 01/09/24 12:22 PM
Legend
Legend
rofl

FATE #2053913 01/09/24 12:23 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see facts are not your friend. For some reason I'm not surprised by that. and they are your facts. rofl

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Build That Wall

Link Copied to Clipboard